rainisaur

Scorpion Too Big

The first thing I've noticed about the scorpion is that the amount of slots it takes to carry is much bigger than it's actual size.tumblr_nxbane5svC1shcq1uo1_1280.jpgtumblr_nxbane5svC1shcq1uo2_1280.jpgtumblr_nxbane5svC1shcq1uo3_1280.jpg

These are my pictures to compare. As you can see the scorpion takes up the same amount of space as the ak74u, but is only about 1/3 the size. That being said it should only take 4 slots instead of 12. Also, it can also be said that the scorpion is inferior to the rak because the magazine size is small, but if the scorpion would cost less inv. space, then it would actually be more efficient to carry.

• Like 1

I agree that it should be very small, but I see their points for making it SMG-sized. Maybe make it something in between, like 3x2, 3x3, or 2x4?

• Like 4

I agree that it should be very small, but I see their points for making it SMG-sized. Maybe make it something in between, like 3x2, 3x3, or 2x4?

well the stock is fold-able which makes it really compact
  • Like 1

2x3 sounds like a good size to me.

Also, anyone know if it can be used without the stock folded? Because if it can, well, that adds another option for the devs. Have it 2x2 when folded and 4x3 when unfolded. And if it cant, well, why not?

• Like 1

folded 2x2 slots = you need to unfold it to shoot

unfolded 2x3

Buttstock folded should not stop you from firing but should have more recoil if you use it that way.

• Like 4

I like 3x2. Just slightly bigger than a pistol, which sounds like a good balance between size and firepower. It'll outclass most pistols no problem, but pistols will still be smaller. All making it 2x2 will do is make it the 'best' pistol. Having it 5x3 or whatever it is now just makes it hands down the worst SMG.

As a side note, it'd be nice if Makarovs and magazines were more common. It seems that better pistols are easier to get working. The Makarov is easily the worst pistol, so it'd be nice if its general shittiness was offset by it being relatively common and easy to get up and running.

• Like 3

Yes shoots folded

Normal_skorpion_01.jpg

a Skorpion is delivered new with a short mag & a leather holster to be carried like a traditional pistol, with long mags carried apart in case of need. Is 2 inches longer than a 1911

Nice photos and review including shooting with stock folded, here:

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/05/foghorn/gun-review-scorpion-vz-61-smg/

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 3

I was talking about in game, where it appears that, indeed, it cant be shot like a standard pistol. Which is disapointing.

I like 3x2. Just slightly bigger than a pistol, which sounds like a good balance between size and firepower. It'll outclass most pistols no problem, but pistols will still be smaller. All making it 2x2 will do is make it the 'best' pistol. Having it 5x3 or whatever it is now just makes it hands down the worst SMG.

As a side note, it'd be nice if Makarovs and magazines were more common. It seems that better pistols are easier to get working. The Makarov is easily the worst pistol, so it'd be nice if its general shittiness was offset by it being relatively common and easy to get up and running.

you can't honestly tell me the scorpion would be bigger than the longhorn

There's really no good reason it should be as large as it is, except for the fact that the stock is always unfolded. It might be an SMG/Machine pistol but it should still take up as much room as it actually would, not just more because it's automatic.

There's really no good reason it should be as large as it is, except for the fact that the stock is always unfolded. It might be an SMG/Machine pistol but it should still take up as much room as it actually would, not just more because it's automatic.

Exactly. I can see why they wouldn't want to make it the size of a normal Pistol as that would make it fairly overpowered, but it's underpowered and unrealistic for it to take up 4x3 slots.

2x3 sounds like a good size to me.

Also, anyone know if it can be used without the stock folded? Because if it can, well, that adds another option for the devs. Have it 2x2 when folded and 4x3 when unfolded. And if it cant, well, why not?

I'd say if they make this available for the Scorpion, it should also be available for guns that can feature Folding Stocks to reduce their size. For example a player could remove a stock of an AKM/AK-74 for a folding stock but the negative of doing so is increased recoil. Even with a folding stock equipped you would still get an increase in recoil compared to when it had a full stock, this would be the active trade off. This would give alot of the attachments more meaning than just being cosemetic.

But yes overall I do believe the Scorpion needs to be rezised to something smaller. I also thought about what if the Skorpion also had two magazine types, a 10 round and a 20 round.

• Like 2