Sign in to follow this  
97ADU Doug

SVD Rarity?

Hey sorry to pestor you people again, but Iv been searching for an SVD for a solid month now and have yet to catch a break.

Can anyone here give me arough estimation of their rarity? I mean I think I could say that Iv searched about 30 chopper crash sites so far and am yet of find one.

Note: I also play on a private hive server because server hopping etc.

Cheers.

• Like 1

My group has found one since they've been implemented.  We've maybe seen/heard a handful if that.

Some people claim they've found a lot but they must be really dedicated.  They are very rare.

I found two at one chopper once...I nearly cried :P

I am yet to have one in 0.58 but a friend has found one, seem to be very rare, I too play on a private hive and haven't seen/heard of many people with one. I haven't even seen that many russian crash sites.

I certainly think they're less rare than the M4 - and they do actually spawn at Mi-8 heli crashes (friend of mine found two recently).

Crash site running is hard, remorseless work. But at least if you're looking for an SVD you know that they do actually spawn. Oh, and SVD with a UMP is one of the best gun combinations in the game if you can spare the space.

For a solid month? Well what does that mean? Did you drive 1 heli route a day or 20? If you dedicate a rocksolid amount of hours in a row to it, you can get one within 3-4 days for sure.

But since you need to carry battery + glowplug with you at all times and trucks are completely random on all servers + could be found anyway, server hopping for helicopters has been significantly nerfed.

Ive been looking SVD since .58 hit stable. Got like 100 hours and still not able to find one, made like 40-50 heli crashes on that time period.

But like devs said its suppose to be rare and not everyone who desire one gonna get that. At least it seems that CLE works.

I certainly think they're less rare than the M4 - and they do actually spawn at Mi-8 heli crashes (friend of mine found two recently).

Crash site running is hard, remorseless work. But at least if you're looking for an SVD you know that they do actually spawn. Oh, and SVD with a UMP is one of the best gun combinations in the game if you can spare the space.

Perhaps iv been unlucky, but Iv come across 3 M4's in my search for a single SVD haha. But thanks for the reply at least I know that at least they are spawning. And Iv already got a sexy pimped out UMP-45 silenced with my Winchester, so just need the SVD.

For a solid month? Well what does that mean? Did you drive 1 heli route a day or 20? If you dedicate a rocksolid amount of hours in a row to it, you can get one within 3-4 days for sure.

But since you need to carry battery + glowplug with you at all times and trucks are completely random on all servers + could be found anyway, server hopping for helicopters has been significantly nerfed.

Well server hopping is a no go for me as im on a private hive, and no fun dayz experiences ever start with server hopping imo. Also I did say that Iv searched at least 30 since .58 in my post.

Ive been looking SVD since .58 hit stable. Got like 100 hours and still not able to find one, made like 40-50 heli crashes on that time period.

But like devs said its suppose to be rare and not everyone who desire one gonna get that. At least it seems that CLE works.

Guess its at least not just me thats having trouble then. And im glad they're hard to find, its how dayz should be, I just wanted to confirm they are spawning before I continued my search.

Perhaps iv been unlucky, but Iv come across 3 M4's in my search for a single SVD haha. But thanks for the reply at least I know that at least they are spawning. And Iv already got a sexy pimped out UMP-45 silenced with my Winchester, so just need the SVD.

Well server hopping is a no go for me as im on a private hive, and no fun dayz experiences ever start with server hopping imo. Also I did say that Iv searched at least 30 since .58 in my post.

Guess its at least not just me thats having trouble then. And im glad they're hard to find, its how dayz should be, I just wanted to confirm they are spawning before I continued my search.

long story short, try a 100 helis instead. 30 in one month is nothing.

chance to spawn is less than 1 in a 100... so yeah good luck

Edited by jayfkay

3 out of 30. Same rarity as AK-74 and smershvest,

The mags: 0 out of 50 soo farr

Edited by Hemmo NL

goodluck OP especially if your on a public hive. our server has hoppers non stop at all our mil areas. It does seem like loot is respawning quicker i was at a barrack with a few friends and we went a little ways and was just bullshitting for about ten minutes came back stuff had respawned i was surprised so your chances might have increased. again goodluck

SVD Mags are relatively easy to find in the new barracks type (not officer one, but the one with alot of beds.

• Like 3

I found one a couple weeks back, it was the second one I've found legitimately, though I've had a great many of them due to dupers in kamy last patch, those fuckers loved to snipe there, too bad a winchester usually bested them.

I've hit probably 50-100 rusters in this patch, only found 1 SVD, unfortunately my friends and I were jumping trucks off a hill when my truck got glitched it causing me to die when I exited and of course my body vanished without a trace.

Now I just rock a Winchester, honestly, I prefer it to the SVD, the PSO just doesn't have the zoom I like and in my experience it takes a good three hits on a geared guy to take him down, Winchester is two hits or one chest/head.

If I find another one I'll likely stash it and put the PSO on my AK101, now that would make for some fun.

Well I think Ill stop looking for it exclusively. Ill just do my usual thing, roam around the map trying to survive. If I see a russian chopper ill loot it etc.

Thxs for the replies.

I found one at a chopper. But yeah, I've hit about 20 choppers in 0.58, and only found the one.

I found one at a chopper. But yeah, I've hit about 20 choppers in 0.58, and only found the one.

That's extremely lucky I'd say, I've found one in about 50 RU choppers.

can anyone teach me a pro mlg route to loot choppers. I really want to loot some. . I haven't looked for any specifically but in the last week I've only seen 3 US ones and I've only spotted them due to smoke...

Edited by StanleyWasHappy

SVD Mags are relatively easy to find in the new barracks type (not officer one, but the one with alot of beds.

Thanks! Do you know all their locations perhaps? I know on NWAF, but are there more loactions of those?

can anyone teach me a pro mlg route to loot choppers. I really want to loot some. . I haven't looked for any specifically but in the last week I've only seen 3 US ones and I've only spotted them due to smoke...

Open up a web-based dayz map. Observe the chopper locations and just go where the density peaks. It's not quantum physics.

• Like 1

Thanks! Do you know all their locations perhaps? I know on NWAF, but are there more loactions of those?

Vybor, the abandoned milbase east to Stary Yar, All around NWAF indeed. Not sure about polkovo milbase.

• Like 1