Sign in to follow this  
Weyland Yutani (DayZ)

[MPGS] Persistence and Auto-Restart Hotfix Deployed

Not only is the hotfix deployed for persistence and etc, but for server renters with MPGS there is a hotfix for the auto-restart feature not working. Special thanks to Tatanko for the academic guesswork on deployment this morning.

EDIT: MPGS said there would be a player and world wipe. I've got reports of our players NOT being wiped on our private shards.

Edited by Weyland Yutani

I know everyone will shout alpha at me, but I think we were owed at least some kind of notice - like doing it on Wednesday with regular maintenance perhaps?

• Like 1

I know everyone will shout alpha at me, but I think we were owed at least some kind of notice - like doing it on Wednesday with regular maintenance perhaps?

Ummm, yeah, what Mookie said.  How hard would it be for BI to make a note on their server hosting agreement that mandates 72 hour notice in the server message ticker before any scheduled persistence/character wipe?

I was in travel/hunting mode as well, having stashed my M4, SVD, tons of pristine mags, attachments and other gear in six barrels. Lot of work went into that. Am pissed off with BI.

• Like 1

Sucks to lose your gear (a very small amount), so i won't scream alpha (partially because it's lost it's meaning of late). I assume you're a privateer Mook but on the off chance you use public servers i'll hook you up another m4 :) threw my svd in a bush a few days back or you could have that too..

In all honesty, it doesn't suck to loose "your" gear, as it's not your gear at all, you've found it. 

I've said this before, and will say it again: we'll have multiple wipes, scheduled and un-scheduled, character and persistence wise, until the game is finished.

I know a lot of players just want to "play" the game, but 90% of the time they loose sight that it's not finished, and shouldn't be treated as is.

People wanted their "huge camp" fix, and now they got. 

Biggest camp I've ever seen, built by our little experimental community. And yes, almost all of the tents were filled with stuff. All of it lost, for the greater good.  B)

14t57is.jpg

• Like 2

In all honesty, it doesn't suck to loose "your" gear, as it's not your gear at all, you've found it.

That sounds flashy but "in all honesty" makes very little sense at all. Since there is no form of official ownership in dayz we can safely assume that possession is the decider in the abscence of a moral agreement. Basically you understood exactly what i meant just like anyone else would.. so... if you could avoid picking apart my nice post about helping someone out to try to sound clever i'd appreciate it, since we're all friends and all :)

cheers :thumbsup:

Edit : Quotation marks for effect.

Edited by KenoSkir88

That sounds flashy but "in all honesty" makes very little sense at all. Since there is no form of official ownership in dayz we can safely assume that possession is the decider in the abscence of a moral agreement. Basically you understood exactly what i meant just like anyone else would.. so... if you could avoid picking apart my nice post about helping someone out to try to sound clever i'd appreciate it, since we're all friends and all :)

cheers :thumbsup:

Edit : Quotation marks for effect.

Sorry fella, but I didn't quote you personally, as I've heard or read "sucks to loose your gear" more than a hundred times now, so don't take this personally. Thus, I did not "pick apart" your nice post. If you feel personally implied in my post, well, suit yourself, but it's your choice.

I didn't want to make you feel bad in any way, I've just been annoyed at people winning about loosing their gear for the past, oh, let's say 22 months now...  :lol:

That's the main reason I didn't quote you, as it's a general statement, and it's not directed towards your post in particular.

"In all honesty" is a saying that exist, in multiple languages. In french we say "en toute honnêteté". http://www.linguee.fr/francais-anglais/traduction/en+toute+honn%C3%AAtet%C3%A9.html

I've said this before, and will say it again: we'll have multiple wipes, scheduled and un-scheduled, character and persistence wise, until the game is finished.

I know a lot of players just want to "play" the game, but 90% of the time they loose sight that it's not finished, and shouldn't be treated as is.

Biggest camp I've ever seen, built by our little experimental community. And yes, almost all of the tents were filled with stuff. All of it lost, for the greater good. B)

14t57is.jpg

Agreed - people wanted a fix, it's come and they moan.

The exp. Community did a fantastic job testing this fix and if people read the forums they would see this coming.

• Like 1

Agreed - people wanted a fix, it's come and they moan.

The exp. Community did a fantastic job testing this fix and if people read the forums they would see this coming.

What utter bollocks. I read this forum every day, and had no warning.

Oh, wait, BI have also just put footwear damage back in. Having, um, failed to tell us it was out.

So much for community communications. You are a stooge and I claim my five dollah.

Sorry fella, but I didn't quote you personally, as I've heard or read "sucks to loose your gear" more than a hundred times now, so don't take this personally. Thus, I did not "pick apart" your nice post. If you feel personally implied in my post, well, suit yourself, but it's your choice.

I didn't want to make you feel bad in any way, I've just been annoyed at people winning about loosing their gear for the past, oh, let's say 22 months now...  :lol:

That's the main reason I didn't quote you, as it's a general statement, and it's not directed towards your post in particular.

"In all honesty" is a saying that exist, in multiple languages. In french we say "en toute honnêteté". http://www.linguee.fr/francais-anglais/traduction/en+toute+honn%C3%AAtet%C3%A9.html

Haha fair enough man :) Guess i was a little hair trigger due to previous forum warrior experiences too.

I never stress about glitches in this game, so i'm not part of the apology crew. With that said there have been times where i just happened to decide to stock a base a few days before a wipe, and it does suck a little bit (not sarcasm, literally just a small sigh / chuckle and then back to work happily). I'm ultimately passive about whatever the devs wanna do and i get the whole alpha thing, but that doesn't mean you can't say it sucks to lose stuff you worked to find / create. For someone to be disappointed (ie. it sucked a bit) to lose something, doesn't always funnel them into the i hate alpha rawr! crowd. There can be both a feeling of loss and an understanding of the alpha process simultaneously. They can wipe my stuff whenever they want i don't stash much and don't really care enough to miss much of it, but if Mookie had plans for those guns that are now off the table i'll do my best to help :)

Hehe, yeah i know what in all honesty means it just didn't really fit the situation is all :D only reason i threw some banter back at it ;)

• Like 1

-snip-

I know how it feels. Tatanko, GaryWalnuts and me were trying to get others to swim to "debug island" for a small event/gathering, and we were building a camp there and acquiring the necessary supplies to make things interesting and to survive and have a small party there.

All of this disappeared now do to the wipe. We'll have to start again. Yep, it sucks.  B)

35cl7if.jpg

• Like 2

Totally and I'm glad!

Came home from a long day at work and surprised to see so much bickering in what I thought was going to end up as a positive thread. Jeesh. Its like majority of posts here is bitching and moaning about one thing or another.

We're doing some event planning and lost like 10 tents, 4 barrels, 3 trucks, 5 swords and 8 maces. I don't really care about losing items. I'm just relieved the hotfix came in and we got this auto-restart bug fixed.

Devs can't do anything right and I honestly feel bad for them. This is broke, FIX IT. You fixed it w/o telling me!

Come on guys, is this what these forums have really turned into FFS? Dang...

• Like 3

Have you ever considered settling it with a duel? Pistols at dawn kinda thing, we could host it on a private server and broadcast the action on the forums pay per view (1 Can of Peaches). Maybe a triathlon of dueling, orienteering and a grand V3S race.. Is anyone up for running the books? I sense some serious rice gambling afoot B)

So stop saying it then.

:D

What I mean is : I've heard or read many, many times before, players whining about losing their gear, for whatever reason. The reasons really don't matter in the end, make it a bug/glitch, getting KoS, having a character wipe or persistence wipe, or even just getting killed by a hacker. Losing virtual gear is virtual gear. It happened, and will happen again, it's DayZ. That's it. Some accept it, some don't, but understanding that wipes are bound to occur, make it scheduled or not, with warnings, or even without any warnings, is essential. 

That was my point.

P.S.:You probably thought I meant : "I've heard "get used to loosing your gear" a thousand times already!"

And that I was saying "Get used to losing your gear!" an hour later, but in the end, it was the initial message from the start!  :lol:

Edited by Odin Lowe

So I finally got an AK  aaannnddd the appropriate magazines to run with it last night.  You can all blame me for inciting the wrath of Murphy.  Now I gotta throw out three pages worth of stash location notes and start all over again...    ...with a vengeance.

Incorrect. I'm only a dick to you. I don't like you, you don't belong here. Your the cancer thats invaded these forums and turned them into complete shit. Usually its the epeen 14 year-olds but you dear sir, have broke that mold. Proud of yourself?

Check my post history and you'll see a lot of helpful topics/responses/etc.

Over 18 months, I've had countless beans for guides to heli hunting, truck driving, character deletion? 1,000 posts, all positive and trying to be helpful.

You deserve be banned or deleted from this forum matey, because you're a twat - I'm at a loss to detect anything you've 'contributed' to it, other than your own pathetic self importance.

Edited by Mookie

Not wanting to pick on anyone; and this thread has been amusing..... but the word gentlemen is 'lose'...you 'lose' your gear. Loose, is something completely different. ;) Just saying!

• Like 2

Thread slightly cleaned.

If another use irritates or annoys you ignore them or report them and let us deal with any infractions, if any.

Carry on.

L

• Like 2