yeinzy

When?

When will patch 0.59 come out? anybody knows? pretty hyped for it :D and will they bring back the zombies in the 0.59 patch? really miss them :P

it will take a while the devs said, apparently parts of the new engine will be implemented. However, I cannot see how they want to get to 1.0, if each build takes 6 weeks between the stable versions, unless they drastically cut on content, which I think might happen. Even if we only take one month between stable versions, we would see 40 months till 1.0, which is more than 3 years to come. The obvious solution is to not implement content, which was planned but not yet announced. Thus noone could complain about lack of content ;)

I cannot blame the devs for this and I won't. We just have to see what we get and how the game will look like in the end. It's a dynamic process after all.

in the last couple of weeks, there was every night an update in the internal testservers (including weekend).

this is new, in the past there was one or two the week.

for me it looks like they are near to get the new engine running and bring it to experimental, but this is only my opinion and a bit of hope  :blush:

Edited by wasnu
  • Like 1

it will take a while the devs said, apparently parts of the new engine will be implemented. However, I cannot see how they want to get to 1.0, if each build takes 6 weeks between the stable versions, unless they drastically cut on content, which I think might happen. Even if we only take one month between stable versions, we would see 40 months till 1.0, which is more than 3 years to come. The obvious solution is to not implement content, which was planned but not yet announced. Thus noone could complain about lack of content ;)

I cannot blame the devs for this and I won't. We just have to see what we get and how the game will look like in the end. It's a dynamic process after all.

oh okey :) really miss the zombies and hope they can bring them back sooner though :O

Not really- the numbering system used is quite arbitrary. Beta should be around .63ish iirc and for all we know every hot fix and update pushed out during beta could increase the version by .05 (.63 becomes .68 for example).

Also just because full release is called 1.0 doesn't mean that the numbers will get there. Could e that on .78 devs think the game is bug free enough and content heavy enough to leave beta and will the be considered final release. Updates, dlcs and bug fixes will still happen after release too.

oh okey :) really miss the zombies and hope they can bring them back sooner though :o

i like to see infecteds back Asap too... but they wont be back at .59

well, i don't know what to expect from the .59 anymore. first they set tents persistent time to 45 days so there is room for a normal stable update and some extra time (this was mentioned in a status report i guesS) and all of a sudden eugen is talking about merging all parts of the engine which im sure needs more than 45 days to bug fix and stuff. and there is no official word either denying those engine changes or confirming it and status report seem to get delayed to next week too.

im all so confused so i guess the best way to go is to not hype myself because new engine parts are so good to be true :|

When will patch 0.59 come out? anybody knows? pretty hyped for it :D and will they bring back the zombies in the 0.59 patch? really miss them :P

My guess is 2016 or sooner.  :|

Can't wait for .59 ... And the "45 days" persistence timer wasn't made to accommodate the .59 patch, I think It was just coincidence ... But yes they are rather silent about .59 and the new bug fix for laggy camps on .58 which can only mean something good after all these days (they are probably close to a solution and have tons of extras for .59). I'm just taking a break , playing some a3 dayz( some mod for arma 3 currently in steam workshop , it is arma 2 vanilla dayz mod but in arma 3!).