venkman302

With Persistence in, what currently can we build in Camps?

hello everyone, I have been playing the stand alone for quite some time and have been eagerly waiting for persistence to hit. I have enjoyed contemplating what kind of camps I will set up.

With this in mind, what are we able specifically to add to our camps currently with persistence? Plant crops? Stash items in a tent? For now, is that all that persistence really entails and what do you plan to create with your camp currently?

Fireplaces. Tents. Backpacks. Barrels. Ammo Boxes. Protector Cases.  Those are the only things that are currently persistent. I do believe that SMoss posted this morning that duct tape and lime is sticking around for an extended period of time too, but I'm not sure how long.

https://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/227520-status-report-29-jul-2015/

This links you to the Status Report where Hicks talks about what is persistent and for how long.

There really isn't much you can build right now.

*snip*

I do believe that SMoss posted this morning that duct tape and lime is sticking around for an extended period of time too, but I'm not sure how long.

*snip*

Tossed a 2% roll of tape in a pond last Wednesday, it was still there on Sunday. Slowly making my way back there to see if it's still there.  

• Like 1

To be clear, this is on the same server with the same character right?  AND this is assuming that same server is not reset?  So basically only private servers?

Theoretically public servers, too.

But it can be difficult to find the same server sometimes. At least for me.

Always best to find a good private server.

Ok good to know.  But public or private, if the server is reset, all of your tents, barrels, etc are gone right?

I just made a topic about the future of this topic. Come take a look!

Ok good to know. But public or private, if the server is reset, all of your tents, barrels, etc are gone right?

As far as I know server admins can reset the server and this would delete camps, yes.

A normal restart or maintenance would not delete it.

As far as I know server admins can reset the server and this would delete camps, yes.

A normal restart or maintenance would not delete it.

alot of the private servers do this daily- the resetting of the servers<

Tossed a 2% roll of tape in a pond last Wednesday, it was still there on Sunday. Slowly making my way back there to see if it's still there.  

I need to know is it still there? Lol

It was last night but I finally used it up along with a a few other part rolls.

Have a crossbow still there since the Thursday after patch day as well and some arrows that have been on the ground for a few days. Plant material sticks around seemingly forever as do whole pumpkins but pumpkin slices and any part of prepared fish, guts or fillets cleanup quick if dropped.

Edited by BCBasher

I think that many items are not cleaning up fast enough, After multiple instances of Deja Vu, I've started carrying a couple extra burlap and ropes to tie people up and bag their heads clean out decent spawn points of all those hats and boots.

Cooking Tripod on fireplace works, but once placed can't be moved

I had a fireplace the other day with rocks around it, a cooking tripod and cooking pot. Broke it all down later, including the tripod.