UltimateGentleman

Is it time for single player mode yet?

Truthfully I've not played DayZ in...about a year now but I just re-downloaded it to give it another go and see what's different/fixed.

Don't get me wrong not totally new as you can see from my post count and I have 152 hours logged on Steam.

I gather there isn't a single player mode yet?(aside from hosting your own server)

Any plans for it?

I kind of want to just play it by myself and build as much of a base as is possible, live off the land and such. Having recently tried another game it kind of highlighted how annoying KOS is in this game, this other game(guess) is good because it's difficult to survive on your own...so people don't just automatically kill each other for funsies.

A problem I expect will never go away in DayZ but I still love the landscape and mechanics of it.

So is single player mode coming or nah? Assuming it isn't here already as I said not played in a year or so. (although Steam says I played it yesterday...which is impossible since it just finished downloading some 10 minutes ago...)

I guess someone will mod it in at some point but it would be nice to have now.

• Like 2

Are we able to host our own servers yet...? Because I'm totally going to reinstall if we can.

I'm literally only on the forums when I have crap to giveaway at this point.

• Like 1

Are we able to host our own servers yet...? Because I'm totally going to reinstall if we can.

I'm literally only on the forums when I have crap to giveaway at this point.

Can we not?

Sure I seen people saying they could, oh well. Thought something might be possible with the LAN or remote tabs.

Oh well guess there's always playing on nearly empty servers assuming the connection holds up.

Apparently at E3 it was said there was going to be single player I'm seeing now...I don't remember that :rolleyes:

Can anyone verify?

P.S I did search the forums but nothing came up searched for "single player" only mod stuff came up.

Edited by UltimateGentleman
  • Like 1

Yeah I have high hopes for single player in this, mods for it will be so fun I'd love some kind of zombie wave mode, no zombies for a day, then nearly endless amounts of them for a day.

Plus/minus ammo crates and whatnot everywhere that plus the realism of DayZ would be win, shame it isn't implimented yet.

Also hope it goes to console setting up co-op stuff is usally nice and easy on console would be cool to just play it with buds, set up some kinda turf war action!

At least if you play with friends you don't have to deal with the tiresome in game community.

• Like 1

Hosting our own servers, not yet.  Single player is in the works from what I hear but not out yet.

• Like 1

if i remember right single player will come with beta and mod support (end 2015/ early 2016). check the status reports.

for your desired playstyle there are some really good private hives, which forbid kos and have active admins.

Edited by edwin3

if i remember right single player will come with beta and mod support (end 2015/ early 2016). check the status reports.

for your desired playstyle there are some really good private hives, which forbid kos and have active admins.

Indeed, it was announced a SP version WILL come, mostly to make it easier for modders to test their stuff.

I wonder if they could make it boot a bit faster if you're launching the game in offline mode? It's pretty annoying having to wait like 2-3 minutes for it all to load up and be functional, can't even alt-tab to do other stuff while it loads.

I wonder if they could make it boot a bit faster if you're launching the game in offline mode? It's pretty annoying having to wait like 2-3 minutes for it all to load up and be functional, can't even alt-tab to do other stuff while it loads.

Oh no... a whole 2-3 minutes? The horror.

200.gif

Oh no... a whole 2-3 minutes? The horror.

200.gif

Three minutes is a long time! DayZ loads for me in about 15 seconds. (:

P.S. I can ALT-TAB during the loading screens. #5960x

I'm sure there will be a carebear mode for the women and children.

My boot time is similar to Grimeys. Non-potato machine on my my end.

are you using an ssd?

True...I load in about 15 secs as well

More a comment on the impatience of some people than how long it takes DayZ to load on a computer. 

2-3 minutes is a blip in time not worth mentioning. 

More a comment on the impatience of some people than how long it takes DayZ to load on a computer.

So my wife tells me... ;[

Hopefully, 2-3 minutes is a gross exaggeration.  30 seconds is about how long a regular potato should take to get to the "I Understand" button.

Truthfully I've not played DayZ in...about a year now but I just re-downloaded it to give it another go and see what's different/fixed.

Don't get me wrong not totally new as you can see from my post count and I have 152 hours logged on Steam.

I gather there isn't a single player mode yet?(aside from hosting your own server)

Any plans for it?

I kind of want to just play it by myself and build as much of a base as is possible, live off the land and such. Having recently tried another game it kind of highlighted how annoying KOS is in this game, this other game(guess) is good because it's difficult to survive on your own...so people don't just automatically kill each other for funsies.

A problem I expect will never go away in DayZ but I still love the landscape and mechanics of it.

So is single player mode coming or nah? Assuming it isn't here already as I said not played in a year or so. (although Steam says I played it yesterday...which is impossible since it just finished downloading some 10 minutes ago...)

I guess someone will mod it in at some point but it would be nice to have now.

Single Player DayZ? Nope doesn't exist yet, but you could paint a nearby wall and watch it dry. That'd be about as entertaining as DayZ in it's current form would be without any other players.

Hopefully, 2-3 minutes is a gross exaggeration.  30 seconds is about how long a regular potato should take to get to the "I Understand" button.

Some people just exaggerate. I'm thinking some of the freeze hiccups are exaggerated in the same way. I get under 1-1.5 second frame drops. I'm sure people get longer, by what's posted, But I just don't trust their estimations.

I don't think Single Player will come for a while yet, probably not until modding is added.

I do hope we get a singleplayer mission editor like in Arma, for making custom-missions, events, zombie movements, lootspawns, etc.