tmbt

Stupid question about persistence

Hi guys,

i've 2 questions about persistence :

1) barrels are persistence now ?

2) If i hide a barrel somewhere while playing on server X, will i find it on server Y too? Obviusly both server are on the public hive.

Thanks

2) No. Only on server X. Works this way for all items and containers.

Edited by Zyryanoff

Thx for the answer.

Now the next question is : why people bother to hide their tents so well ?
Just look for a statistically low populated server (there are dozens of them) instead of use the well know high populated servers and hide your things there. Then all you've to do is to log on that server, retreive your stuff and log back on an high populated server.

You will risk less in this way. Am I wrong ?

My dumb ass spent like 4 hours with a bunch of friends setting up a camp fixing a truck collecting things just to have it go POOF. Has anyone heard if they are planning on a fix soon because from what i gather persistence is off which for me ruins the entire update. So i had to update my friend who runs a private hive stated that for persitence to work on a server he had to manually reset it then it worked. I'm surprised and a little disappointed that this info wasn't readily available a lot of time has been wasted of course the admin of the server i play on was MIA all damn day so i'm changing servers.

Edited by gannon46

Thx for the answer.

Now the next question is : why people bother to hide their tents so well ?

Just look for a statistically low populated server (there are dozens of them) instead of use the well know high populated servers and hide your things there. Then all you've to do is to log on that server, retrieve your stuff and log back on an high populated server.

You will risk less in this way. Am I wrong ?

This has always been an issue with the hive system, private hives solve this if it concerns you. 

My dumb ass spent like 4 hours with a bunch of friends setting up a camp fixing a truck collecting things just to have it go POOF. Has anyone heard if they are planning on a fix soon because from what i gather persistence is off which for me ruins the entire update. So i had to update my friend who runs a private hive stated that for persitence to work on a server he had to manually reset it then it worked. I'm surprised and a little disappointed that this info wasn't readily available a lot of time has been wasted of course the admin of the server i play on was MIA all damn day so i'm changing servers.

This happened to me too on a private server. Is anyone talking about this ? Is it only happening on private servers ? I can't even go back and play on experimental now , where it was actually working.

• Like 1

This happened to me too on a private server. Is anyone talking about this ? Is it only happening on private servers ? I can't even go back and play on experimental now , where it was actually working.

I set up on a private which I'm hoping to make a home on yesterday, didn't trust it so I played on both accounts so I could store truck parts and such safely either way. Logged in today to find the one thing I intentionally left out to see, a green taloon backpack with carp fillets still there.

I saw on twitter yesterday it was some servers it seemed and they were asking for specific IPs and providers after an initial "fix" happened. 

https://twitter.com/eugenharton/status/636592852215181312

Umm didn't know about this, away to test my server now!

Umm didn't know about this, away to test my server now!

Awesome, since you're a server "owner" you could maybe answer some questions then?

Did you own it before .58, if so did it keep settings at the change from .57?

What kind of options do you have for restart cycle and accelerated time?

Can you toggle persistence and do you need to get your provider to reset persistence or are you just supposed to ask them before you do it?

The one I'm playing on is still playing message of the day from .57 with accelerated time even though it's 1:1 time or maybe 2:1. It says some other things that lead me to believe no one has updated any setting since the patch. 

Awesome, since you're a server "owner" you could maybe answer some questions then?

Can you toggle persistence and do you need to get your provider to reset persistence or are you just supposed to ask them before you do it?

The one I'm playing on is still playing message of the day from .57 with accelerated time even though it's 1:1 time or maybe 2:1. It says some other things that lead me to believe no one has updated any setting since the patch. 

I have only started since 0.58 as was public before.  Restart cycle is completely down to us now, we write how often etc in a command, accelerated time is a simple drop down menu x1, x2 etc. Persistence we can switch on or off and wipe as required I believe. The BEC messages are still 0.57 saying 4 hour restarts etc, but we can change them now I think. I really need to check out the new rules before I change anything lol

I have only started since 0.58 as was public before.  Restart cycle is completely down to us now, we write how often etc in a command, accelerated time is a simple drop down menu x1, x2 etc. Persistence we can switch on or off and wipe as required I believe. The BEC messages are still 0.57 saying 4 hour restarts etc, but we can change them now I think. I really need to check out the new rules before I change anything lol

Thanks, what were the settings defaulted to if you don't mind?

Thanks, what were the settings defaulted to if you don't mind?

I am not sure to be honest man, sorry :(

• Like 1

I have 3 barrels, 2 ammo boxes, and a small protector case one the ground for about 24 hrs now.

Edit: public server

Edited by DanicaHamlin

Hi,

I'm an owner on the server listed in my signature below. Our private server has been running since January. Persistence is something that hasn't really worked on private hives since the first iteration of the central loot economy.

With the roll out of 0.58 to stable it didn't initially work, and we had no notification it wasn't working until we tested it ourselves (we're too used to losing camps to ever not carry out tests), we contacted our GSP and it was an issue with them, not Bohemia. It took them until Thursday morning to resolve the issue. I assume they work with BI to resolve these problems so I expect any solutions to have been shared with all the server providers. After significant testing, persistence appears to be working as intended on our private hive.

The main issue is the level of desync that camps cause. The developers were not over-stating when they said to not make large camps. If you place more than two tents/barrels near each other, the game almost becomes unplayable. I'd recommend keeping camps very small, or spread out over a large area whilst this is being worked on.

Restart Cycle/Acceleration - Previously our provider fixed restarts at 4 hours, however with 0.58 we are now able to change it and have as such set it to 12 hours. We can choose to set the ingame time to anything we want, and can accelerate time up to 24x (1 day cycle per hour). Right now we however have our server run 8.30am to 8.30pm, so we're mostly a day server with a little bit of dusk. I'd quite like to have the acceleration at x2 so we have a full day and night cycle over 12 hours, however a lot of people still don't like or want night-time. We can also make the server time persistent, so if it restarts at 6pm in-game time, it'll restart at that time, rather than the default start time. I guess this is good to for maintaining a full cycle with no sudden changes from night to day upon a restart.

Persistent is set to on, and can't be turned off. However we are able to wipe persistence at any time manually. During 0.55 this was essential to make sure new loot spawned. Hicks has mentioned private server hosts can continue to do this, but right now I don't see any merit in it. We want people to make our server their home, and there isn't much point if the world gets wiped regularly.

All kinds of people run servers, from groups to individuals and you've no real way of knowing how serious they are about it. I would recommend making home on a private server that has lasted at least a couple months as it's more likely they'll keep it up.

Private servers are expensive and if you find one you like, maybe offer to donate towards the server costs to keep it running (ideally donations should go directly to the GSP for that server. Multiplay have a clanpay function that lets you donate towards the cost of the server, and your donation is taken from the server cost rather than going to an admin's beer money fund).

• Like 6

Hi,

I'm an owner on the server listed in my signature below. Our private server has been running since January. Persistence is something that hasn't really worked on private hives since the first iteration of the central loot economy.

With the roll out of 0.58 to stable it didn't initially work, and we had no notification it wasn't working until we tested it ourselves (we're too used to losing camps to ever not carry out tests), we contacted our GSP and it was an issue with them, not Bohemia. It took them until Thursday morning to resolve the issue. I assume they work with BI to resolve these problems so I expect any solutions to have been shared with all the server providers. After significant testing, persistence appears to be working as intended on our private hive.

The main issue is the level of desync that camps cause. The developers were not over-stating when they said to not make large camps. If you place more than two tents/barrels near each other, the game almost becomes unplayable. I'd recommend keeping camps very small, or spread out over a large area whilst this is being worked on.

Restart Cycle/Acceleration - Previously our provider fixed restarts at 4 hours, however with 0.58 we are now able to change it and have as such set it to 12 hours. We can choose to set the ingame time to anything we want, and can accelerate time up to 24x (1 day cycle per hour). Right now we however have our server run 8.30am to 8.30pm, so we're mostly a day server with a little bit of dusk. I'd quite like to have the acceleration at x2 so we have a full day and night cycle over 12 hours, however a lot of people still don't like or want night-time. We can also make the server time persistent, so if it restarts at 6pm in-game time, it'll restart at that time, rather than the default start time. I guess this is good to for maintaining a full cycle with no sudden changes from night to day upon a restart.

Persistent is set to on, and can't be turned off. However we are able to wipe persistence at any time manually. During 0.55 this was essential to make sure new loot spawned. Hicks has mentioned private server hosts can continue to do this, but right now I don't see any merit in it. We want people to make our server their home, and there isn't much point if the world gets wiped regularly.

All kinds of people run servers, from groups to individuals and you've no real way of knowing how serious they are about it. I would recommend making home on a private server that has lasted at least a couple months as it's more likely they'll keep it up.

Private servers are expensive and if you find one you like, maybe offer to donate towards the server costs to keep it running (ideally donations should go directly to the GSP for that server. Multiplay have a clanpay function that lets you donate towards the cost of the server, and your donation is taken from the server cost rather than going to an admin's beer money fund).

Thanks,

The effort put into that concise rundown is much appreciated by myself and I'm sure some others giving us non server owners insight on how the behind the scenes works. 

Hi,

I may PM you at some point if that's ok? You clearly know your stuff :)

I may PM you at some point if that's ok? You clearly know your stuff :)

Sure. no worries