MadMcardle

Supporter Edition question

Hey guys, I am looking at buying the supporter edition for the extra bits, the forum and pdf map (when available) but was wondering if I could gift the extra copy of the game and the Arma stuff? Or would that be a problem with hours played etc? Sorry if it's a dumb question but literally my first steam game lol.

Thanks

Mad

You should be able to gift the other games as long as you don't redeem them. Because once you activate those extra games they are yours forever. :P

Hey good that you reminded me of this.

I've the Supporter Edition in my BIStore already bought (since the release actually). When I press DETAIL it says "Login to Steam to redeem this game" What exactly happens when I login? Does it go straight to me and I can't gift it for anyone? Can I somehow gift the DayZ to my friend and get the extra things for myself, for example codes appear in the detail after I've logged with the Steam? How does it work?

I totally forgot all about this. I'm hoping there's a way to get some recognition for playing since the beginning if you didn't buy this version. Was this "bundle" even available initially?  :huh:

• Like 1

I decided to contact BI about it guys seems a few of us weren't sure, turns out I won't be able to gift the other DayZ if I want to use the same account, not that bothered really as it's worth it I think :)

I decided to contact BI about it guys seems a few of us weren't sure, turns out I won't be able to gift the other DayZ if I want to use the same account, not that bothered really as it's worth it I think :)

Hello there

For full info Id ask directly at the BI forums as they control their shop.

https://forums.bistudio.com/forum/58-bohemia-interactive-general/

Rgds

LoK

Thanks man, I already did lol :P

• Like 1

I love the game and want what ever I can get my grubby little hands on lol :)

dude by the 35$ version... then buy another 35$ version for your friend... you still spend less $

dude by the 35$ version... then buy another 35$ version for your friend... you still spend less $

I'm not bothered about the money if I am honest, would normally spend more than this on Call of Duty each year, I just wanted to have the supporter edition and if I could I would gift the additional copy to someone else, but hey ho, I should have just brought it in the first place I guess lol.

• Like 1

I'm not bothered about the money if I am honest, would normally spend more than this on Call of Duty each year, I just wanted to have the supporter edition and if I could I would gift the additional copy to someone else, but hey ho, I should have just brought it in the first place I guess lol.

you do you boo boo

I totally forgot all about this. I'm hoping there's a way to get some recognition for playing since the beginning if you didn't buy this version. Was this "bundle" even available initially?  :huh:

It was available instantly. I don't know if it's in the Steam at all. At least Arma 3 Supporter edition wasn't.
  • Like 1

So what you want is :

VIP forum lounge thing... with (Im guessing) very few people... you'll still use the normal forums more

PDF map... where online maps are  more in-depth /get updated / interactive and probably navigate better than a pdf reader... and open in steam overlay

Jesus those extras are lame AF .... good to know people have money to waste though

2/10

Would not buy

• Like 1

So what you want is :

VIP forum lounge thing... with (Im guessing) very few people... you'll still use the normal forums more

PDF map... where online maps are more in-depth /get updated / interactive and probably navigate better than a pdf reader... and open in steam overlay

Jesus those extras are lame AF .... good to know people have money to waste though

2/10

Would not buy

Right?

I can just imagine the stimulating conversation that would go on in the "VIP" lounge, too. It'd just be numerous discussions vainly trying to justify why they wasted $90 on everything in the Supporter Edition, lol.

• Like 1

Wow guys...I just want to support the game and give some stuff away, where is the harm in that? Anyways thanks for the posts lol.

Wow guys...I just want to support the game and give some stuff away, where is the harm in that? Anyways thanks for the posts lol.

It's nothing against you. Your heart is in the right place.

It's just amazing what $90 doesn't get you in this situation. Cheers!

For once I ... Agree ... With grimey Rick ... Wow . But yes the supporter edition seems lackluster for that price tag . At least give us some collectible action figures or something haha .

Edited by Grapefruit kush

Sorry man, didn't mean to sound like a douche, but Grimey Rick said it already... for that price tag its just a waste mate

I mean the least they could have done was add cool in game item where people would instantly see you bought the supporter edition... but they didn't even do that...

If you really feel the need to spend 80$ on Dayz ... Rather buy 2 x DayZ Standalone's and gift them to people :)

It's all cool man, I totally get what your saying.

For once I ... Agree ... With grimey Rick ... Wow . But yes the supporter edition seems lackluster for that price tag . At least give us some collectible action figures or something haha .

Or a gold tin of beans perhaps? Lol :P

Sorry man, didn't mean to sound like a douche, but Grimey Rick said it already... for that price tag its just a waste mate

I mean the least they could have done was add cool in game item where people would instantly see you bought the supporter edition... but they didn't even do that...

If you really feel the need to spend 80$ on Dayz ... Rather buy 2 x DayZ Standalone's and gift them to people :)

It's all good man, I just want to do my bit for the game and community etc, DayZ has become my full time game after giving up on Call of Duty. I intend to giveaway some stuff in the future and try and generally promote DayZ in a good way if I can :)