Sign in to follow this  
Excanto

Gun Range

How about a nice gun range with some different sized targets that maybe knock down and then reset after a bit. It would be great to have clear ground with no plants etc so we could go prone, 50 100 200 300 yards or the equivalent in meters.  At the 300 yard section, there could be 3 sizes of targets. I suppose there is no way to make it a safe zone somehow. Once you get wild about the idea, you could have some "PULL" zombies that run out of a cattle shoot :-D

Perhaps basebuilding will make this possible in some way.  I won't be very satisfied with the finished product if there is not a way to collect and corral zombies, and conrtol their release somehow.

Hmm, like the idea of a working gun range, but no safe zones or 'zombie pidgeons'.  Would be good for testing/zeroing weapons as well as general practice.  The idea of the steel resetting targets, as well as paper targets (another use for paper notes) for testing accuracy and 'spread' of guns would be nice.  Might even be a good spot for gun related loot (civilian accessories, bullets, and magazines)

Interesting concept, however I can't see it seeing much use, except maybe on empty or RP servers. Lobbing all that lead downrange is going to make a lot of noise to attract zombies and bandits, and if it spawns loot (as it should) it would be a very popular place to search for guns and anmunition, not giving much time for people to actually use it. Now if they were to add constructible targets you could build in/around your base for practice, I think that would be much more practical and viable.

• Like 1

That would be nice. We need as much different kinds of places in DayZ map as we can possibly get.

damn, a gunrange would indeed be an awesome addition to the map. I wonder where it would fit. more to the north or more to the center of the map?

I suppose there is no way to make it a safe zone somehow.

And it shouldn't be one. Realistically speaking you would find a shooting range in or close to one of the military bases and those are by design unsafe zones in DayZ featuring both (millitary) zombies and (hostile) survivors. So better get some guards if you want to enjoy target shooting.

Location-wise that planned Tisy base might be a good spot - I even used the place as such by  sticking wooden stick into the ground and using them as targets. Likewise it might be possible to build your own shooting range though most likely with less favourable terrain.

What about having something like this as an Extra, accessible straight from the main menu? It could be a single instance which loads directly on your machine, and can offer every weapon and attachment currently in the game. This would mean it's easily accessible to everyone as a training tool, and let people try out all combinations of weapons and their attachments.

Hell, you could even stick this into the game world as a location, too, but having it available in a solo situation would be great.

• Like 1

Craft backpack,

Put stuff in it.

Shoot at it.

Boom. Instant gun range.

Craft backpack,

Put stuff in it.

Shoot at it.

Boom. Instant gun range.

Instructions Unclear, sitting in HPD lockup...

The field by Dolina or something like that.. They could add target mechanisms that bounce away and then back in place when shot. That'd be pretty neat.