Kiwiyellow5

Double wield pistols

Hey guys what so u think about double wield pistols? Advantages are more bullets. Drawbacks are no ironsight and longer reloads

Hey guys what so u think about double wield pistols? Advantages are more bullets. Drawbacks are no ironsight and longer reloads

Not sure if troll or CS GO berreta lover. Stick to AWP. Jokes aside, this was suggested multiple times but always just denied. Reason for that is probably that Dayz is survical simulator, not kill-everything-that-moves game. Sure, they can add this but pwople will hate it because they dont feel like going Max payne and killing everyone like badass. If they ever add this, they must make it a LOT in accurate and swaying. It wasnt added in Arma ( weapon and army simulator ) why should they add it in zombie apovalypse game? :) Sorry for grammar, using phone.

3017590-inline-sloth-no.gif

This is not CoD or CSGO. 

Edited by DMentMan

Trying to resist commenting. 

Tried. I cant.

This isnt COD. If you tried to fire a pistol one handed, without any way of controlling the recoil, your aim would be all over the place. And....it just sounds generally stupid.

No offense.

• Like 1

I say let it happen. When Mr. Kiwi realizes that it offers no advantages, is a great way to waste inventory space and look like a scrub I think he'll come around.

Reason for that is probably that Dayz is survical simulator, not kill-everything-that-moves game.

Bwahahahahaha

Couldn't hold that one in. It's very rare for me to happen across someone who doesn't shoot before trying to communicate.

I play that way even, however only if someone has a firearm. If they don't have a visible firearm I leave them be.

• Like 1

I mean it is possible. But dual wielding is not and cannot be used effectively how you are suggesting. It is possible to fire a gun one-handed, but accuracy is poor and quick follow-up shots are impossible. You would fire one gun at a time, and be looking down the sights as you do. The only situation I see this being useful is to deal with zombies, but even then just wielding a single pistol would be more efficient. So in other words, possible but a bad idea in general.

Instead of ERMAGERD GO PLAY CSGO! I'll just say i think it would meddle with the right/left click control scheme they have. 

In terms of realism, It's totally realistic. As long as it is inaccurate at medium-short ranges, who cares? It'd be fun to spam two CR75's at zeds in Cherno.

Edited by WilBischof
  • Like 2

I see no reason for this to be necessary, but people around here seemed to be pretty fond of the idea of being able to hold items in both hands, so if that ever becomes a reality there's no reason why dual wielding wouldn't be possible.

I'm guessing even if it does happen people will cry about "mah immersionz" like they did on the last thread with using both hands - where the general consensus was that you could have two of anything but guns.

Sorry for grammar, using phone.

Sorry for being off-topic, but you mean orthography :P

In terms of realism, It's totally realistic. As long as it is inaccurate at medium-short ranges, who cares? It'd be fun to spam two CR75's at zeds in Cherno.

Your two first shots might hit, but for the rest you'll just be spamming the sky :p

I see no reason for this to be necessary, but people around here seemed to be pretty fond of the idea of being able to hold items in both hands, so if that ever becomes a reality there's no reason why dual wielding wouldn't be possible.

I'm guessing even if it does happen people will cry about "mah immersionz" like they did on the last thread with using both hands - where the general consensus was that you could have two of anything but guns.

Although I'm completely against duel wielding weapons, I think it would be cool to hold a lantern with one hand and pistol with the other.

This would be great not just for weapons. Since Victor made a comment on the possibility of it happening, I've been playing with this in mind. The best application would be for crafting in the consoles controller scheme. Having left and right would make managing items much more intuitive than just hands.

Here's the post http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/219049-new-animations-and-features/?p=2215610

Edited by Coheed_IV

What many people don't realize is that, in actuality, pistols were designed to be used one-handed. They were originally cavalry weapons, used to supplement the saber, and it is entirely possible to fire a pistol accurately one-handed (it is just that 99.9% of combat today doesn't involve a fuckhuge sword, and so it is more "effective" to use a pistol two-handed).

However,

1) whenever you see a "Western gunslinger" with two pistols on their belt, it wasn't so they could dual-wield the banditos into a shallow grave. Instead, it was to allow for more firing before a reload, aka "shoot all the bullets from one gun, then draw the other and shoot those", not "shoot bother guns at the same time". With a magazine-fed handgun, this is unnecessary.

2) Our eyes focus onto a single point. Humans cannot look in two directions with different eyes, so how do you expect to aim down the sights of two different handguns?

Mate this aint your Call of duty duel wielded pistols can break peoples arm's IRL.