northofnowhere

Hive / Servers temporarily out of order.

Hive is not working again July 14 @ 11:03PM GMT +8.. was down an hour ago and it went back on.. i suspect it might be some database issues or the worst scenario... some DDOS attacking trolls...

I advise everyone to stop playing until we can know for certain what is causing the issues... I lost my medieval sword and SVD  -___-

Edited by IIxL0NEW0LFxII

Hive is not working again July 14 @ 11:03PM GMT +8.. was down an hour ago and it went back on.. i suspect it might be some database issues or the worst scenario... some DDOS attacking trolls...

I advise everyone to stop playing until we can know for certain what is causing the issues... I lost my medieval sword and SVD  -___-

Damn, I lost quite a bit as well. But an SVD must sting.

However, earlier I logged on and my character was restored to the way he used to be. I logged on a couple of hours later (5 mins ago) and he's gone again. I'm imagining we will get our characters back once the devs wake up in the other side of the world and notice they have some work to do.

• Like 1

What's up with servers now? I can't join any one of them, I am on Stable. I asked all my friends and they can't connect to server or it just says Recieving in game and 5 seconds after it unfreezes and back then reciving. Anyone knows what's up?

Merged, please search before posting.

Damn, I lost quite a bit as well. But an SVD must sting.

However, earlier I logged on and my character was restored to the way he used to be. I logged on a couple of hours later (5 mins ago) and he's gone again. I'm imagining we will get our characters back once the devs wake up in the other side of the world and notice they have some work to do.

yea -_- i just hope that its just the database thats causing the issue as I love this game very much..

I feel for anyone who lost their gear today.. May their characters RIP in the DayZ Alpha heaven and be reincarnated into Cherno so that they may have better loot to come

welp..its ongoing across privates and public...i shall get some beans in the meantime...

as shit as it gets :P

*switching to exp...

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel

Merged, please search before posting.

Since you guys are merging 'em, could you change the name of the post? I mean, 'cause is happening on public and private hives, i dont know if in experimental too.

Edited by BrainlessZombie

Since you guys are merging 'em, could you change the name of the post? I mean, 'cauce is happening on public and private hives, i dont know if in experimental too.

Experimental is working

Experimental is working

no its not...if there hasent been a whipe in exp the last 3 days it shows the same symptoms on all the exp. servers i joined...*sigh

its all fuckz0red right now...

i hope this happens more often to all companys accross the board ..why ? because they will fucking finaly understand that you have to INVEST in IT and its maintenance and security and not fucking outsource it....*not aimed at BI right now just venting...

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel

no its not...if there hasent been a whipe in exp the last 3 days it shows the same symptoms

Umm, I'm watching streamers right now.  yes it is

I just came out of a session- I never play this early and look at the result... 

Anyway- I'm having the same issues across the usual public hives I play- each one of them resets my character to fresh. My first spawn in was good... all the rest were wiped on restart. 

Hoping they dial us back a day...

my character is still lost ;_;, spawning as a fresh spawn everytime

Hi, I tried to play Dayz Mod after a long break however I can't find any more official servers, by official I mean using the public hive ?

Are they gone ?

Logged in today and my character had been preserved, still had all my loot from Saturday. After a few minutes I changed servers only to spawn fresh. I get stuck at "Please wait," "Wait for host," or get another random fresh spawn. As of right now, 11:27 am Pacific time, I'm stuck at the please wait screen :P Oh, look, another fresh spawn...

Issues I'm seeing are:

1. Major rubber banding, the worst I've seen.
  2. No persistence in public hive, I get a new char for each server. Sometimes a chick or model I didn't even choose.
  3. No loot anywhere. Nothing, as if the databases aren't even connected.
  4. Everyone seems to be teleporting everywhere. The best I've been able to do were some fist fights on the coast, but people rubber band half way across towns and it's very difficult to even interact with people.

Get me that troll's IP and I'll make his whole family cry for not having network for 1 month?! I left San Andreas MP just because of DDOSers and I am not going to take this DDOS thing anymore, I will make them pay for this.

EDIT : When devs fix this, will we get our characters back or we will need to start all over again?

Edited by JustCaused

My guess is no, you won't, but I'm noone official.

The best people can do right now is:

1. craft a stone knife (go to beach, search for stones, then put stone in hands near a big rock on the ground and craft stone knife).
  2. create improvised rope (6x stack combine with 6x stack of rags = improvised rope).
  3. create a long stick (use stone knife, go to tree and use your mouse wheel to find "Cut off branch").
  4. create an improvised bow (combine long stick and improvised rope)
  5. create sharpened sticks (see step #3, use stone knife on it to cut into 3rds, then use stone knife to sharpen each one)
  6. get some chicken feathers (find a chicken coop, walk up to it and use the search function)
  7. create improvised arrows (sharpened sticks combined with chicken feathers)

Now use your bow and arrows to hunt the defenseless mobs running up and down the coast! You'll be the only person armed with a projectile weapon until they get this issue resolved. Heck, since you can barely open doors it's not like there's anywhere to hide.

I feel bad for people who've made long inland treks to NWAF or other places, they're not going to find anything for their efforts other than some zombies to box.

• Like 2

My guess is no, you won't, but I'm noone official.

The best people can do right now is:

1. craft a stone knife (go to beach, search for stones, then put stone in hands near a big rock on the ground and craft stone knife).
  2. create improvised rope (6x stack combine with 6x stack of rags = improvised rope).
  3. create a long stick (use stone knife, go to tree and use your mouse wheel to find "Cut off branch").
  4. create an improvised bow (combine long stick and improvised rope)
  5. create sharpened sticks (see step #3, use stone knife on it to cut into 3rds, then use stone knife to sharpen each one)
  6. get some chicken feathers (find a chicken coop, walk up to it and use the search function)
  7. create improvised arrows (sharpened sticks combined with chicken feathers)

Now use your bow and arrows to hunt the defenseless mobs running up and down the coast! You'll be the only person armed with a projectile weapon until they get this issue resolved. Heck, since you can barely open doors it's not like there's anywhere to hide.

I feel bad for people who've made long inland treks to NWAF or other places, they're not going to find anything for their efforts other than some zombies to box.

For all of the above I hope the devs will do away with the instant create once you have all the materials and give it some form of fixed animation that takes time to create said items.  Very immersion breaking for me to create an item instantly 

Edited by leader.one

We should be okay for now, thanks for being patient guys.

• Like 4

I'll be really patient if I can log in and have my guy back ;)

Well relogged in again, to find all my gear but my Primary Sks with PU scope.  That sucks but found another one very quicly just no optics.  When I logged back in after the fix it seemed my weapon slot and hands were bugged relogging fixed it.

I didn't have any gear or wasn't at the place I was last at since the DDoS attacks on the servers. A hour ago it was said to be fixed and my friends got their gear but I did not. Does anyone know if I'm just out of luck or if there is a way I can fix this.

I think things are still quite messed up.  Give it until the morning.

• Like 1

I have issuse that when I join random server, my character is gone, but when I join server that I was playing on when DDOS attack started, my character's still there. Will you guys need to do global wipe again? Got so much stuff that I really don't like to loose. :/

Also, good job on fixing stable!

• Like 1