DemonGroover

Day Z Urban Legends

I heard there is a man disguised as a hay bale in one of the fields. He will devour you if you come too close D:

Hatchet man gonna getcha........

If you dont mind I'll still be more afraid of the SVD ghillie ghost man

• Like 1

Man, some of these stories are scary!!! There is definitely some freaky shit goin down in Chernarus!

• Like 2

From the Moderator section it's self.

There is a sort of creature that lurks in a forest on a random server every night which is random, when a player enters the forest a certain sound will be heard that's sounds like a faint heart beat, it starts of slow at first bit as you go further and further into the darkness it will grow considerably *thud...thud...THUD* once the sound hits it's peak a new sound will play saying "I SEE YOUUUuuuu" in a staticy disembodied voice, and at that exact moment in time a pair of large white orbs will light up in front of you and a solid mist forms...the lights blind you and the next thing you know you're at the dead screen...

A rare image of the creature from a distance, you have to look closely

monster.png

• Like 14

From the Moderator section it's self.

There is a sort of creature that lurks in a forest on a random server every night which is random' date=' when a player enters the forest a certain sound will be heard that's sounds like a faint heart beat, it starts of slow at first bit as you go further and further into the darkness it will grow considerably *thud...thud...THUD* once the sound hits it's peak a new sound will play saying "I SEE YOUUUuuuu" in a staticy disembodied voice, and at that exact moment in time a pair of large white orbs will light up in front of you and a solid mist forms...the lights blind you and the next thing you know you're at the dead screen...

[/quote']

I saw a video on youtube once where some players were walking on the edge of a town when suddenly a hissing "I SEEEE YOUUU!!" cam over the mike. The players were all "Did you hear that??". Dont know if it was a player nearby or what - freaky shit!

Couldnt find that one but it was similar to these:

• Like 4

Look at the first video, read the side chat :p would love to see the other video if you could find it

Oh look another one with my name in the corner XD

• Like 2

was heading into polana from the north today, looking for a route through the zeds. i see a figure running towards me, and i fear the worst that i'm zombie lunch. but wait, it's a priest. with an axe. but not just one priest now. 4 of them, all with axes. the leader calls out "police!" as i run away, not looking back. i call them the PPP, the polana priest police.

• Like 3

was heading into polana from the north today' date=' looking for a route through the zeds. i see a figure running towards me, and i fear the worst that i'm zombie lunch. but wait, it's a priest. with an axe. but not just one priest now. 4 of them, all with axes. the leader calls out "police!" as i run away, not looking back. i call them the PPP, the polana priest police.

[/quote']

Someone just dumped pictures of this exact thing on 420chan.

http://i.imgur.com/tv7bS.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/tuVLH.jpg

• Like 7

This happend me 5 mins ago. (and sorry for my english)

I was in the forest, and saw a Deer stand. I climbed up the ladder and saw a red flare 20 meters away on the field. I was a little scared because a player could have thrown it a few minutes ago. So I climbed the ladder down and headin to north-west to another Deer Stand.

I killed some zombies and suddenly I heard "sssssh" behind me and than a red flare flew over me. I turned around but I saw nothing. Then I logged of instantly.

That was creepy

I was in the forest' date=' and saw a Deer stand. I climbed up the ladder and saw a red flare 20 meters away on the field. I was a little scared because a player could have thrown it a few minutes ago. So I climbed the ladder down and headin to north-west to another Deer Stand.

I killed some zombies and suddenly I heard "sssssh" behind me and than a red flare flew over me. I turned around but I saw nothing. Then I logged of instantly.

That was creepy

[/quote']

LOL goto the gallery of this forum there is a video of people trolling pepole at the airfield playing sounds through direct chat

I was in the forest' date=' and saw a Deer stand. I climbed up the ladder and saw a red flare 20 meters away on the field. I was a little scared because a player could have thrown it a few minutes ago. So I climbed the ladder down and headin to north-west to another Deer Stand.

That was creepy

[/quote']

LOL goto the gallery of this forum there is a video of people trolling pepole at the airfield playing sounds through direct chat

Im just wondering because that happend in a random forest near Pogorevka. No ideal place to wait for people to scare them. I logged in again a minute ago and checked the situation. Nothing happend. I hope this was a random joke :D

The ssshhhh sound could have came from the flare when it was lit and thrown. And if you didn't see anyone, it was probably a player with the invisible character bug.

Good stuff!

A friend of mine told me (classic urban legend beginning there) that he was once scoping Cherno out with his sniper scope when he saw a zombie figure standing atop of a building (vague reference there - very good). The Zed appeared to be looking straight at him but was not moving' date=' just frozen.

Anyway my friend made his way into Cherno to do a bit of looting and after climbing up to the top of another buidling scoped out the area again. He spotted the Zed but he had turned and had moved and was again starting straight at my friend! He said he did this a couple of times and every time the Zed was facing my friend staring straight at him.

Of course my friend never went to the building in question (too chicken shit!) and didnt take screen shots so i have called BS many times.

The Zombie Watcher of Cherno? Chuck Norris? Total BS?

[/quote']

Me and a friend were exploring Cherno and there was a Zed on the roof of an industrial building. It walked off and killed itself :|

• Like 4

I can add another possible 'Guardian Angel' event.

Had just respawned closed to Cherno and was making my way into town from the east through the field. As I get to the edge of town I spy two zeds heading in my general direction and drop prone to wait for them to go by before proceeding into town. As they get closer I hear two shots ring out from nearby and both zeds drop. I look around and see no one anywhere near me. I continue crawling into Cherno and after a minute or so make it to the east warehouse and go in. Upon exiting I spot a zed close by and attempt to make my way around it. It spots me and comes charging. I start back pedaling while swinging my newly found hatchet when I again hear a shot ring out and the zed drops like a stone. Once again I look around and see no one. I attempt to communicate with anyone in the area via direct channel but get no response.

Long story short, for the next half hour or so anytime a zed gets near me my mysterious guardian takes them out but I never get a glimps of who it might be. I finish stocking up with the basics I need to head inland and proceed out of town with a parting thank you over direct chat to whoever had my back.

Up until I saw this thread I just wrote the expirience off as a friendly player doing a good deed but now I am not so sure it might have been something more than that.

• Like 2

Ever hear someone elses footsteps when you enter a building, you go and investigate but there is no one there? Ghosts......or the scary as hell.......Server Hoppers!!!

I was in electro, I went to the school and on the top there was 2 prone gentlemen. Being the friendly freak I am, I extend my voice over DC "FRIENDLY FRIENDLY" expecting shots to be fired any second. But, they didn't move, so I went in their packs, looted them, and left.

It is strange, I can see this being a glitch for perhaps one guy, but it to happen to two guys, right next to eachother?

woah thats dead creepy... I have also heard about the hatchet murderers. One is called Stylin...

hachet murderes freeak me out first i hear a scream them this guy comes and k.o's me and then heals me then k.o's me agian for bout four times then i die freaky stuff.