DemonGroover

Day Z Urban Legends

What if the tower is actually doing an EXCELLENT job of containing it? I mean, there is a whole lot of evil there, we know that much. But do we know exactly HOW MUCH? I fear if that tower falls, then Chernarus will be plunged into a dark age of such unimaginable cruelty and evil that the world as we know it will cease to exist, and mankind shall truly fall so far as to not even be able to recognize Redemption.

On a side note, nothing ventured nothing gained. let's waste this bitch!

Its the Zombie Apocalypse...how much worse can it get?

Pitchforks at the ready, torches lit, lets Bring It Down!

• Like 7

after two boring days of work, this thread consumed hours of paid time lol. Love it!

Even if the majority of these are not true, it still ads a form of excitement to all of the mentioned locations,

It increases the fear factor ten fold.

Also the idea of a sort of psycho factor to murders would be absolutely amazing. But probably more based on character age.

For example the older the character the more likely to be affected by these hapenings.

Perhaps fora bandit with murders the illusions could be more threatening or more gory or scary? and a nuetral survivor maybe just weird shit?

• Like 1

The Planes crash, still haunts me.

A plane, on fire, streaked across the sky over the ocean by the South Coast, before falling into the sea and exploding.

I've seen it twice now, once outside Komarovo, and outside Priogordky (Sorry if I spell the second one wrong, can never remember it).

after two boring days of work, this thread consumed hours of paid time lol. Love it!

Even if the majority of these are not true, it still ads a form of excitement to all of the mentioned locations,

It increases the fear factor ten fold.

How can you say it is not true?

Some of us have video as evidence!

Look!

==>

Have you heard of The Two Goats Sisters?

It is said that once they have looked at you, you die from hunger and thirst in the next two minutes!

A friend of mine found this video tape on a dead body in Elektro.

Its the Zombie Apocalypse...how much worse can it get?

Pitchforks at the ready, torches lit, lets Bring It Down!

I can think of a few ways...

Zombies become posessed by the evil spirits in the tower, become super intelligent, teach the hordes to use guns and occupy every town, airfield, and major loot spawn with undead soldiers armed with military grade hardware and body armor. The malevolent spirits then lead their army on a quest to crush the small pocket of humanity remaining in Chernarus, and begin hunting us through the forests, hills and mountains for sport in an ironic re-shuffling of the food chain turning us into mindless, feral animals. The zombies then go on to rebuild society and have "human farms" where they breed us like cattle, on the off chance they don't exterminate us entirely.

But as I previously said, we'll never know unless we try...

• Like 3

I can think of a few ways...

Zombies become posessed by the evil spirits in the tower, become super intelligent, teach the hordes to use guns and occupy every town, airfield, and major loot spawn with undead soldiers armed with military grade hardware and body armor. The malevolent spirits then lead their army on a quest to crush the small pocket of humanity remaining in Chernarus, and begin hunting us through the forests, hills and mountains for sport in an ironic re-shuffling of the food chain turning us into mindless, feral animals. The zombies then go on to rebuild society and have "human farms" where they breed us like cattle, on the off chance they don't exterminate us entirely.

But as I previously said, we'll never know unless we try...

Yep, that's definitely worse!!

Stay awhile and listen.

It was back in 1.7.0. I was still green as grass, didn’t have a clue how navigation in the game worked, and did not have any irl friends that were playing DayZ or in game friendlies to explain it to me. The only thing I knew I learned from a couple of bandits who shot me on my second life: “A noob like you shouldn’t be hanging around on the coast, you should head up north.” “Yeah right, they just want the loot to themselves”, I thought to myself, but when I got shot in the ass a third time when trying to be friendly with an unfriendly bunch, I decided I’d head up north and see how long I would survive up there.

As I said, I didn’t know anything yet, so I didn’t know that up north meant not much more north than the airfields, so what I ended up doing was just going north until I couldn’t go any further. So I passed Pobeda dam and kept on going.

You’ll all probably tell me that north of Pobeda there is nothing to do but perhaps loot a few (hacked) tent cities. I’ll tell you I didn’t see much tent cities on my travels there, but you’re missing out if you haven’t been there. Some of the weirdest stuff happens up north. Boy, do I have some stories to share from roaming the northern wilds.

My first encounter was with a group of survivors. Not the regular "We'll SoS, but we're not bandits"-type, I tell you, but the NPC kind. We’ve all seen the stories of priests wandering around in the forest or of the infamous “Mysterious Stranger”, but up north there are still some living people holding out.

I just rounded a hill, looking for some game to kill when I could see some tents and people way off in the distance on another hill. Not the tents that are set-up by survivors but regular life-sized army tents with a red cross on them. First I thought that this were probably some of these infamous hackers I’d been hearing about, but then I thought it might be one of these medic teams that is running around Chernarus patching people up for free. So, I decided to check it out.

When I came close I could see that it was just this mass of civilians and military that was just gathered inside and in front of this army encampment/field hospital. When I came close: one of the NPC guards chatted to me: “Halt! No infected here, show me if you’re wounded.” Not knowing what to do exactly, I just stepped closer and he kept repeating himself. At some point he even raised his gun, that’s when I decided I wasn’t going to get shot by an NPC, nor shoot up the last place where there were still some NPC's surviving and left the refugee camp alone.

That’s not the only story that I took back from my trip up north where the wild things are, but it is definitely the most peaceful and least eerie of my encounters. No, if you want creepy, then I've got something for y'all. At some point I was roaming around in a forest smothered in this dense mist, when I saw… but I’ll save the story of that harrowing experience for another time.

• Like 5

Anyone tried to bring down the Green Mountain tower with satchel charges? I heard whispers that someone is trying to amass enough to have a go.

1. Get a fully geared team of 20 people.

2. Go shoot the shit out of the tower with rocket launchers, M4 grenade launchers, machine guns, helicopters, grenades, satchels...

3. ?????

4. Profit. At least until the server restarts.

• Like 5

1. Get a fully geared team of 20 people.

2. Go shoot the shit out of the tower with rocket launchers, M4 grenade launchers, machine guns, helicopters, grenades, satchels...

3. ?????

4. Profit. At least until the server restarts.

I am up for this - i just need to find some satchel bombs.

• Like 1

Love these stories about Green Mountain.

I went there a long time ago but didn't see much...cool place though.

5n6m45.jpg

2jevby8.jpg

25085n7.jpg

• Like 3

5n6m45.jpg

2jevby8.jpg

25085n7.jpg

Yep, nothing to see here. Move along!

5n6m45.jpg

2jevby8.jpg

25085n7.jpg

Hmm, just going by the icons in these screens, this must be an earlier version of DayZ when these were taken.

Was this area of Green mountain set up differently back then?

I don't remember so many mass graves or people hanged :huh:

I saw a Ghillie Ghost at the NWAF.

I was lucky enough to be playing late at night (2a-6a pacific), and was the only person on the server I was on. There had been some people earlier, but over the course of an hour or so I was the last one.

I decided to take advantage and go looking for a GPS and some SD clips I needed for my M4.

I started at the north end of the strip on the west side. My main goal was the barracks on the south, but figured I'd hit the industrial areas too just for good measure. Everything was going fine, I was spawning the zombies I expected and when I went out of range, they'd despawn. I snuck around most of them, silently headshotting the ones who I thought were a threat. I was checking the player menu constantly. It's weird how you can know you're the only one on a server and still have that huge sense of paranoia.

I got to the barracks, and it was pretty much a bust: only one clip of MP9SD and no GPS. After taking a drink and refilling the water bottle at the pump, I decide to run south out of the woods and get some distance so I can take account of the new zombie despawn/respawn.

As I run out of the first patch of trees next to the barracks, I come into a clearing with a single bush in the middle of it, and there is someone in a ghillie standing next to the bush, aiming a rifle in my direction. I think "Oh shit" and and dodge to the right as I pull up the player screen....wtf? I'm still the ONLY player on the server. I think "ok this has got to be some kind of grfx glitch, that person can't be there". The ghillie'd man is just standing there: not turning, not moving in the slightest. Just aiming at the barracks.

After a few mins of watching him I decide to go behind and see if he has anything in his pack. And as I"m opening the pack I think "what if this is some kind of test?" What if this is some hacker? (I assume hackers can hide themselves from showing up on a server) My brother had been transported to the Thunderdome earlier this day, so maybe I had that fresh in my mind. So I left him and went to the other side of the airstrip and continued on my previous mission. After I finished up with the air field, I went back to that spot in the clearing on my way to Stary, but didn't see anything there anymore.

So, if you're at the NWAF by yourself late at night, watch out for the Ghillie Ghost, pointing to the barracks, which for some reason, didn't have any good loot that night. LOL

Probably not true, seeing how every ICP fan is mentally retarded.

That would explain the lack of private servers, and thus all of the problem therein, contained.

Mentally retarded he might be... or maybe just too proud.

~Sol

I saw a Ghillie Ghost at the NWAF.

I was lucky enough to be playing late at night (2a-6a pacific), and was the only person on the server I was on. There had been some people earlier, but over the course of an hour or so I was the last one.

I decided to take advantage and go looking for a GPS and some SD clips I needed for my M4.

I started at the north end of the strip on the west side. My main goal was the barracks on the south, but figured I'd hit the industrial areas too just for good measure. Everything was going fine, I was spawning the zombies I expected and when I went out of range, they'd despawn. I snuck around most of them, silently headshotting the ones who I thought were a threat. I was checking the player menu constantly. It's weird how you can know you're the only one on a server and still have that huge sense of paranoia.

I got to the barracks, and it was pretty much a bust: only one clip of MP9SD and no GPS. After taking a drink and refilling the water bottle at the pump, I decide to run south out of the woods and get some distance so I can take account of the new zombie despawn/respawn.

As I run out of the first patch of trees next to the barracks, I come into a clearing with a single bush in the middle of it, and there is someone in a ghillie standing next to the bush, aiming a rifle in my direction. I think "Oh shit" and and dodge to the right as I pull up the player screen....wtf? I'm still the ONLY player on the server. I think "ok this has got to be some kind of grfx glitch, that person can't be there". The ghillie'd man is just standing there: not turning, not moving in the slightest. Just aiming at the barracks.

After a few mins of watching him I decide to go behind and see if he has anything in his pack. And as I"m opening the pack I think "what if this is some kind of test?" What if this is some hacker? (I assume hackers can hide themselves from showing up on a server) My brother had been transported to the Thunderdome earlier this day, so maybe I had that fresh in my mind. So I left him and went to the other side of the airstrip and continued on my previous mission. After I finished up with the air field, I went back to that spot in the clearing on my way to Stary, but didn't see anything there anymore.

So, if you're at the NWAF by yourself late at night, watch out for the Ghillie Ghost, pointing to the barracks, which for some reason, didn't have any good loot that night. LOL

My friend saw the same thing in the Green Mountain. Exactly the same thing.

Anyone tried to bring down the Green Mountain tower with satchel charges? I heard whispers that someone is trying to amass enough to have a go.

OK I tried this in single player ArmA II using the mission editor. I placed 20 (!) satchel charges around and inside the bottom of the green mountain tower. Big badda boom, tower still stands. Tried 40. Nope, still a tower. And 60. nope. Edited by datguy
  • Like 3

On the rocky northeastern coast of Chernarus, there lies a shipwreck. My sister and I made the long journey to visit it, in the hopes it might have some means of escape from this wretched, infected land, or at least some supplies. Ever the brave one, she boldly swam between the rocks and surf to the submerged deck of the decaying vessel.

Suddenly, I heard a horrible crack, and she cried out in pain and fear. Her femur had been snapped by... something. As I watched helplessly, lacerations opened across her and hot blood spurted into cold sea. Her voice soon died out, and her body went limp, bobbing lifelessly with the rise and fall of the waves. I fell to the shore, weeping and in shock.

Do not follow in our wake. Do not visit that accursed wreck. Something evil lies in wait there, something that will break your bones and suck the marrow from them. That place is death.

Edited by NFK
  • Like 6

OK I tried this in single player ArmA II using the mission editor. I placed 20 (!) satchel charges around and inside the bottom of the green mountain tower. Big badda boom, tower still stands. Tried 40. Nope, still a tower. And 60. nope.

My God, it is more evil than we imagined!

• Like 4

1 1/2 weeks i have survived, and now i face my ultimate test. I have just supplied myself in the Zelenogorsk supermarket, and have camped outside the city. Come nightfall, i venture to Green Mountain...alone...

• Like 2

I remember something, it was a long time ago. My friend, Psychos, and I, were heading to Green Mountain to see if any vehicule had spawn there. We found nothing there, no loot, no vehicule, and, strangely, no Zeds.

We then headed to a camp a groupmate had found earlier, in the forest, north of Myskhino. We found the tent, looted the shit out of it, and I stole the white pickup truck. We headed back to our camp, and there IT was. Skin of a player, no backpack or weapon, and staring at us. It was in the middle of our camp, next to my tent, and IT was staring at me. I stopped the pickup, got out and equiped my Bizon, , not moving toward that thing. It looked at me, looked at my friend, look back at me, and started walking toward me. I didn't bother to ask anything via direct chat, I shot 3 rounds in its head, It felt on the ground, died... And vanished 10 seconds after. No kill message were displayed

There was a mountain dew in my tent.

• Like 3

Just made it back from GM... shit man. First off, I didn't go alone. I was going to, but my friend Nate decided to hike up to GM all the way from elektro just so we could play together. how could i say no? Anyways, 1 AM server time, full moon out, and two idiots set off to the haunted mountain. After fumbling through the forest for about five minutes, we finally found the tower. I threw a smoke to distract the Deadheads and tossed a flare into the compound. Now Nate has never been to GM before, so I showed him the sights. The bodies, the tower, the mass grave in back. Nothing really scary or anything, so he decides to head up the tower. I say O, we go up, and hang out there. Throw some flares down, look out onto the roaming zombies, that kind of thing. As soon as he mentions being exposed to sniper fire up there I go inside, Jimmies having thouroughly been rustled. At that moment, we hear the zombies down below pipe up. They had been pretty quiet since we arrived, so he assumed there was another player down there. We shout down to him/her, that we have our weapons trained on the ladder and that they should just leave. OK then, Nate tells me to keep my eyes on the ladder while he scouts from the railing. OK again, that's when it happens.

A figure climbs up the ladder, bloody at the mouth and milkwhite eyes. I screamed like a banshee and sent an entire magazine of AK into its torso just as it topped the ladder. It fell forward and died, while my panic attack began to peter off. Nate ran in to see what was happening, when all of a sudden our flares went out. Not out of the ordinary so far, just a massive scare. Throwing more chemlights and flares, and feeling safe enough, we wait in the small ladder area up top. The door is closed behind us and we're both pointing our weapons at the ladder when the REAL scare hits me.

Nate yells that the door was open, so I yell to close it, and that he shouldn't be openeing the door in case a bandit sniper was in the area. In a frantic fashion he shouted back that he hadn't opened it and that it opened by itself. I turned around and began freaking out because it was open, so i screamed at him even louder to close it as I turned my attention back to the ladder. Right as I layed eyes on it again, I saw a dark figure floating there above the body of the zombie that had crawled up the ladder. Even in the light of our flares it was black as the night in the shape of a person, arms at its sides and legs spread a few inches apart. It held for a second, maybe less, then vanished. I screamed again as Nate turned, seeing nothing. Both of us became silent as it dawned on us. Someone was whispering somewhere nearby. It was a far off noise, like it was coming very softly from a great distance away. Nate yelled again, and identified himself as a Regulator. Telling the person again that they needed to leave, he fired two rounds into the wall to drive his point home. The whispering continued for a while longer, perhaps 5-10 minutes until it became utterly silent. No zombies, no wind, only the crackling of our flares, which soon died too.

Deciding that I would throw another smoke, Nate made his way down the ladder while I threw one off of the scaffolding. Throwing yet another flare, we met just inside the bottom entrance of the radio tower. We crawled under the inner wall, and crouch ran between the fence and the secondary wall during our exfiltration. As soon as we got to the main gate, I threw my last smoke too close. As they began to swarm us, I told him to run into the woods, not along the road while he kept repeating that he saw a dead player laying right in front of the gate. We ran into the woods and the dead gave up their pursuit as the realization hit me. There was no dead player outside when we went in, and we never saw a kill message while we were trapped in the tower. Needless to say, I won't be returning anytime soon.

• Like 10

Childe Groover to the Dark Tower came...........

j9xuC.jpg

I believe you made a Dark Tower reference, I was wondering if I would see one in this whole thread.(If not I would have mentioned it myself.) I say this because Green mountain and the tower itself seem JUST like the tower in that series.

Some creepy stuff here and I enjoyed reading all of it. Only weird thing that happened to me at some point after a respawn was an instant zombie spawn while I was prone and crawling around a city.(Also hiding in a bush while I was doing so, after having given a look around myself and a ways off. I got hit once, got up and the second hit caused the bleeding..after that the entire little town's zombies swarmed me and slaughtered me.

• Like 1