DemonGroover

Day Z Urban Legends

that Radio tower is the cursed GREEN MOUNTAIN

w͕̑̄̍ͮ̿͘͜e̗̣͉͉̯ͤ̚ ̡͇̗̲͍͓ͭ̓́ͦ̽͊ͅd̨̦̞̦͉͔̏̆͂́ǫ̬̬̞̺͙ͮ ̰̮̹̞̱̼̤͛ͥ̍̋̂͌̽́n͓͉̠̦̮̠̤̟̔͒ͧ͘͘ơ̪͉͔͔̯͈̟̓͂͌͟ť̖͈̱͔͚ͩ̈́̑̄͌ͥ̕ ̤͇̩̼ͭ̌ͯs̴̟̠̝͙̳̥̎ͮͯ̀ͫ͐͝ͅp͚̘͉̬͇͕̑́ͥͩ̋̂͢e̛̙̹͕̋̍̎̆͜ͅͅa̭̬͈ͣ̿k̹̪̗̪͇̦̀̆̍ͨ̂̇̀ͩ̚͘͠ ̛̛̲̦̦͖ͬ̓͋̒ͦ͝o̹̬͚ͬ̎ͮ͐̒̋̓̀f͔̙̘͎ͯ̈̂ͨ̈́̉̌̿ ͍̭̦͗͒̅̍̾̿̔͒̚͜͟͝ţ̴̴̠͉̞̼̇̓͌̏̔ḥ͍̠͇̣̓͑̄̾̾̓̓͢ę̺̤͙̖̯̈́̆̌ ͓̲̩̫̥̬͉̊̌̑͞m̌͗͏͚̘̣͚ǫ̠̦͒̉ͧͣ̊̌̃͘͢ū̇͒̅̿̉̄͝͏̳̜̦̞͇̜̫͜ņ̸̮͇͙̼͕̫͎̺̿̒̉t̴̟̻̳̥̳̪ͤͦ̆ͭa̶̯̹̗̭̅ͣ̂i̥̪̙̓̓͗̃ͯ͆̌ͨ͜n̡̨͔̜̟̤̮̒͑̅͗̎͊͘ ͍̈̔͋̍̄͑͝m̖̪̖̪̬͍̞̟̆ͮ̅̆͐̂̂͠o͈̥̣̿ͮ͡u̧̖̞̯͒ͥ͊̌̈̓̋̾̀n̲̠͕̘̥̦̩͒̑͂̔ͪͮ̂͠͞ť̴̳͇͇̳̠̟̮̜̰̐ͪ̅̆̏ͪ̚a͎̥͎͖̳͇̅̏̀i̛͍̺̺̜͙͉͈͆̏̉ͭ͛̉̓̀͂͝n̵̵̜͖̳̙͉̆̀͆ ̪̪͓̥̳̱̖̟̐́̿͞m̐̃ͪ́̏̾ͣ̚͏̢̜̮̦̤̫o̩̘̱͕̘̣̓̾ͣ͂ͩ͠u̠͖͒̋͗ͦͯ̆̂̚n̡̬͈̹͖̔̃t̷̛͖̖̤͙͗ͫ͋ͨ̾ͭ̐̏̈́́à̸̧͓̼̪̬͔̫͇̣̳͒̕i̷̺̤̜̳͈͚̒͋̈́ͦ͜n͎̤̥͚̺̫̼̑ͦ̀ͪ̊̏ͭ̚͞ͅ ͓̘̫̣̪̺̿͊͒̅͛̆͌m͖͇̪̥̬̯̘ͣ̓̄͌̉͠o̷̧̘̗̮̭̙͈͎ͬͯͣͭ̐͗̏͂̕u̷͚̠͎͚͍͎̪͍͙ͯ́̎́̓̈́͆ͦ͌n̝̫̮̱̖ͭ̇̑͗ͥ̈́̂̌͘͝t͓̗̆ͮ̽a̵͍̱̒͑ͮ̓̇͑͗i̶̥͖̯̺̙͍̠̞̔ͧ̀͜n͓̤̽̈͊́͊̇̆ͨ̐ ̶͓͓̭̳̙͉͊͌̓ͧ́̕m̵̑ͧͥͤ͒̓͂ͩ͢͏̰̟͈̗͈̼̠͖̮oͦ̋ͨ̇̈̌͌̌͞͏̢̝̼ṷ̴̲̮̭̫̜̾ͧͣͩ̓ͅn̬͓͖͔͍̜̰̖̣͋̃̉̔͠t͂͂ͪ̋͂ͫ͒ͣ͒͏̣̺̯̮̝͙a̖ͨ̊͢ͅi͋̏̊ͥ҉͓̬ͅn̴͖̣͕̜ͭ͆ͦ̍̑̋ͪ̓͞ ̷̹̜̺̺̣̲̦̉͢m͎͉͇̫̒͋̃̾ͥo̬̘͉̫͉͓̜̳ͩ̾̈́̇̒ȕ̧̥̫͐́ǹ̮̹͇̥̼̼ͫ̎̀̇̋ͩͅt̷̡͙̫͈̫̻͚̍͋̓̓a̩͎̟̘̅ͨ͋̈́ͭ̾ͦ͌i̷̤̘̮͇̠̰͔͋̽̊n̡̘͙̒ͨ̾̔͠ ̸͔͎͖̹̪̥͍ͫ̇͘͝ͅm̶̭͙̠̞̩̦̼̮̀͒̀o̯͈̔̃̓͢ͅu̯̭̝͎̼ͤͪ̋̍͢͟n̛̝͚̟̙͕̬̥̾ͪ͐̀̐̚͝͞t̰̠͉͍͓ͫ́͢ą̢̛͈̳̠̫̝͍̘͔̖́ͪͧͬḯ̵͓̱͇͍̫̤͆͒ͧ̍̐̏ͬn̶̢͇̻͓̂ͣ̊ͯ͐ ͚̙̙̆ͧ͗͑̀̍̒m̗͇͙̜͓̫͇̞̟͒̐̑͛͂́ơ̖ͯ̾͢͞u̟͉̘ͤ͒ͧ̈ͩͯͮ̚n͚͚̞̖͑̂ͫ̕ţ̬̯͖͚̠̲̜̄ͅa͈̹͉̳̭ͩ̊͌̍ͯͫ̿̆́ĭ̩͙̦̈͝ͅn̫̙̣͕̙̣̗̓ͦ̇ͬͨ̐́͡ ̯̝̻̠̬͇̫̮ͪ̅͞m̮͔̮ͧ͊̀́ͦ̈͝o̧̖̪̖̻̯͚̥̍ͦ͡ǔ̷̶̫̝͔̠̗͕̝̋̈́ṇ̛̟͉̙̫̰͒ͪ͒̾ͭ̈́ţ̙̹́̒͊̏͂̕̕ă̲̬͈͎͓̟̦̗ͮͣ͐ͭ̐͘i̧ͮ͗ͤ͒̉̊̽͏̗̣͝n̡̛̮̹̱͚̦̙̰̤͑ͪͩ ̧̛͖̞͉͌ͬ͊͜m̱͈͍̈́̄̒́̀o̜̟̭̙̓̑͜͡ŭ͙̝͎̟̩̦̦͛͊͌ͪ̀̚n̂̌̔ͧ̇ͪ̒͂̚͢͡͏͙̣͙̣̺̳̹̮ț̰͚̻̻̤̰̻ͪͧ̔͂́͡a̼̣͚̟ͣ̀͒̒̈́́̈́͘͞į̜̪̖͚̖͎̣̔̆ň̶̡̤̦̜͇͉͟ ͙̩̟̖̪̎̄͗ͫ̽́͝m͙̰̩̭̺̥ͬ͒̆͗ͩͫ͊͂ō̲͎̬̺͍̞̥̐ͧͦ͂́̕u̵͚̼͐̽͒̃͋͐nͯ̿ͦ̓͏̖́t̷̥̲̥̙̙̞̎̏ͣ̾͐̈̀̚͢a̙̗̟̮̣̍̾̈̃̔͒̏̿ͫ͡i̞̤̙̱̩̊͗͜͡ṇ̶̹̖͍̊̈́̐ͧ͘ ̶̯̥͎̻̐̑̔̚m̞ͤ́̊͝ǫ̫̯͔̜͔̤͈ͧ̍u̸͎̦̝̜̺̭̽̾̏ͪ͆̐̂ͦ͡͞ͅņ̛͍̦̿̀̑͞t̶͑́͏͔͖̖ȁ͝҉͈̻̘͙̤̲̪i̡͉̬̱̟̩̬͗̽̄̆̍͡ͅn͙̰̫̄ͣ͛ͨ͒͐̾͌́͠ ̙̰͍̻̝̆̆͑̒͑̑͘͢͟ͅm̠͓͖ͪ͋ͧ̏́ǫ̶̳͙͎͖̼̯̤̒͑u̝̞͕̭̥̪͙͕̇ͨͭͪ̈́̆͂͘͝ͅn̡̺̪͙͍͍̠͕͋ͦ̍̆̇̽́͟t͉́̈́ͬ͒̄á̸͔̪͈̠͖̝͐ͪ̃͠͠ͅͅi̧͙̤̟͚̖̜͑̈́͊ͣͣ͑͐̀͡ṉ̷̭͇̖̟̭̰͔̱̋ͣ́͜ ̸̮͚̾͗̂͂m̤͈̥̖̻̝͈͒͂̋̔̌͝ỏ̵͉̹̭͚̊̀ͅų͚̥̘̪͎̝ͣͥ̊̋̑ͯ͊̚n͚͎̞̳̺̮͐t̵͓͓̑͋͌̀̚ḁ̷̛̪̞͉̤͗ͨ̏̇̅͘ī̛͚̹͉͙̝ͨͤ͌ͨ́͋͝ͅn͗̾̋̈́͊̈́̔̅͏̪̲͕̰͙̙̼ ̨̙̮͈̬͈̠̥̭̤̋ͬ̉ͧm̸̖̗͚̥̠̎́ͥͣ͊͊̅͐o̵̙̮͍̳͕̘͈͚ͤͧ͊ú̧͓̝̹̖̮͇̣̰͙ͨ͋͑̓̽̿̓͞n̡̛̜̞ͣ͌̒͆̔ͥ̉͝ţ̠͔̝̞̬͔͑ͬ̇̃͋̂ͦ̇͡ä̸̩͚́͛̒̈́̇ͫ͌ͩ̑i̴̛̤̲͙̺͔̺͙̹ͧͮͥ̓̓̊̓n̴̘͉̘̆͑̏ͨͪ̎ͬ̿ ̸̧̺̻͈͚̹̍͌ͭ̄̒͊̀m͎͉̖̙̼͙͆̐̿͒͒ͪ̾ͣo̾̈͏̺̣̣͓ͅu̧̻̗̗̺͚͈͋ͯņ͎͇͗̇ͥ͝t̵̼͎͕̠͔͚̼ͬ̋a̜̤̫̦̯̗ͫ̎̊͋̆ͫ̑̇ì̲͔̲͕̟͈̺̟ͨ̓̅̌̇͋͌̚͘ņ̶̦͎̉͂͒͆ͩ͛͝ ̫͕̙̬͕͔̻̌̊ͥ̃ͬ̃̏͌͂̀̕͝ͅmͦ̆̑̉ͣͭ̊͟҉̝̟ō̵̭̪̊ͤͮ̑̓̆̕u̶̻̺͎̳͉̲̔̇̄̃ͧͭ̍͂̿n̨̖̣̠̽̍́ţ̬͉̞̓͊ͧ̉ͦͣa͒ͩ҉͏̺̯͎̙͉̻̬͚ì̻̠̘͓̠̹ͭ̒ͭ̓̃̓̍͠͞n̬̬̪̎̑̅̚͠ ̮̟ͯ̀̍̀̚m̛̼͂͝o̴͕̤̝̝͍͓͉̼̰͂ͨ̾́ȗ͑̊ͭ҉̵̲̟ͅń̵̠͎̤͇̲̘̜̗̞ͨ̒̓͒ͩͦ̔t̀̆̈́̈̾̀҉̧̣̰̫͓͇a̴͍̮̰̠̽͒ͪ̾͐̕ḭ̶̡̢͖͕͖̊n̹̦̰̝ͯ͒ͦ͒ ̈͆ͪͤ҉҉̲͉͞ͅm̸̙̫͔̱͖̮̙ͮͦ͛̓͌ͮ͂ö̡̦͇̰̠ͩ̌̏̑͊̎̾͢ŭ̢̙̭͖̦̥̩̘̻̍ͫͨͨ̄̄ͭ̀ͅň̴͍͈̘̜̞̳̦̙̍ͪ͗ͦͧ̒̓̀̀t̴̝͕̟̰̻̩̻̼̐ͯ̂̈ͯ͌ͮ͘ä̛̟̲͈͈͂́͘i͍̣̫̬̞̅̄͊̋ͦ̈́̂̏n̸̦̤͎̳̤͍̭̆͑̓̅̋̇̕͝ ̶̡̬̹̫̯̺̠̓̐ͬͧ̏ͦ͗͆̿͘ͅm̵͖̻̔͆̄ͯ͂͐́ö̶̯̠̮̤̤̲͙̘ͥͅu̦̤̲̫̱̞̣ͫͭ̃͜͢ͅnͯͫ̿ͯ̂̄ͮ҉̥͉͕̙̤͍t̶̫̭͍̩̠̺̟́̚̚a̵̘̜̫͑ͫ̇̀̾̔ͫ̔̐iͧ͆̀̈́̀͏҉̢̹̞n̪̥̦̫̞̠͖̱͆̑͠ ̸̜̱̺ͩ̄͒ͯ̍̽̀ͣ̑͟m̻̦̹̜͚̣̿ͬͪͮ̇̏͋̉̿̀͜ơ̢̤̞͙̒̔ͫ́̿̈́͠u̴̡̨̦̠͉̦͗n͑ͦ͟҉͕̘͖̻͢t̡̙̏̀ͮ͡a̴̢̗̟̯͔̲͙͂̈́̽ͩ̄͘į̰̰̭͍̩̻̟̩͆̏̈́ͯ̿̔͌ͨn̛̽̍ͫ͋̉̋̌͊͢҉̗̺̜̪̺̬̯͖ ̛̘̝́͑̓̀͡ḿ̜͚͔̣̝̱̹̋̇̚͘̕͡o̷͉̦͈̩̠̱ͥ͌ͨ̍̒ͯ̆̽ụ͎̻͍̺̦̱͑̏͊͋ͅñ̻͖̲̖̲͖͚͉͌͊͐͗ͧͩ͢͟t̝͕̓̈̆̑́ͩ̒ȃ͖̪̼̠̖̣̓͜i̫͉̒̌ͬ̈́̕͜ņ̷͕͎̰̞̭͕ͤͣ̋́̄ ̵̖̖̦̼ͥ̅͡m̩̮͖̲̦̥̹ͬ̏͑̒ͫ͑͘͜͞o͑̈̋̄ͨ҉͖̖̲̗ṳ̲̹̜͕̟̻̬̲̈̐̇͐͂̆n̑ͮ̑͊̉̎͗҉͚͖̘̳̜t̯̫̟ͤa̡̻̱͙̲̼̞̪ͥ͊̌ǐ̘͔̗̔͛̄̃͗̓n̨͚̖̜͓̪̈ͭ̽͒ͬ͐ͪ̄́͠ ̵͉͍̗̝̩̙͛͌̈́ͬ͠m̶̳̬̆̎̈́ͭ̃̏ͬͪ͘ǫ͕̫̍̀̈̌́͢ȗ̴̵͇̘̺̜̘̬͖͔ͮ̎̐ͪ̑͝n̨͈ͫ̿̓t̵̶͕̺̖ͣ̊̿̍ȃ̜̎̑́͑̉̀̀i̾̀͌͐҉̥̰̙͈̻n̷͉̗͖̭̺̲̫͔ͨͤͦ ̜ͧ̑͠m̡̮̙̉̔̀̉̇̂ͧ̕o̙̤̞͙̬͙̹̓̾ͥͮ͡ͅu̴͓̒̈̈́̈͒ņ̭̖͚̫͚̬ͬ̑̌̂ͤt̶̨̠̦͚̠̖̬ͪ͛a̓̒͑̍̈͂̿̚͏͍̞̳͢i̹͕̼͕̙̠̓̉͌ͬ͋̍̍͘ͅn̸͕͕̲̟͚̖̲̻̈̐͞ ̌͗̏͡͏̗̬̘̝͍m̴̛̺͓ͧ̽̄̈̿ǫ̷͉̥̰̭̠͎̅ͣͅû̧ͨ҉̺̣̳ņͨͦ҉̠̫̭̪̜̠̤͙͕ț̻̟̗̼̫̱͓̈ͅa̝̲̠͖͔̖̼ͤ͗ͭ̔͗̒ͤ̂ͯị̷̡̘̜̜̠̟͚̉͌͊̔͛ͤ̾ͦ̕n͕̫̓͒̍̊͐͢ ̨̹̝̳̪̠̭͔̇͐͟ͅm̜͚͇͔͎͋͌̈͛͊͟o͉͖ͫ̾̒͢͝ͅu͗ͫͦ̐ͭ̿̔ͩ͏̧̰͎̲n̰͙͉̣̩͖͉͓͛̔͜t̞̭͍̬͕̘̒͒͐̃̉͝͡ä̵͚̜̳̩̬ͣ̏̈͗́́ͪ͞͡i̟̲͕̇̊ͮͭ̚͟ņ̬͈̮̯̅̔͐̐͌ͮ̚ ̶̨̣̤̫̭̤͙̺͍̱ͫ̏̎̈́͋̅͜m̛̰͚̐͛̾̾̋͐̕ỏ͍͓͈̻̩̬͍̦̑͂͌́u͊͛̑̂̿̀͞͏̬̮̗̝̦̤̞̣͙n̸̯̗̫̰̣͕ͪ̿̽͌ͩ̇̇ț͖̺̮͍͋̆͑ͤả̸̭̠̣̱̙̯̏ͬ̔̉̓̐̄͛i̢̢̬̽̀̂͌͊ͯ̌͞ṅ̳̝̖̥ͤͨ̐̃̐ͧ ̭̳͕̻͙͈̤̄ͣ̏ͫ̇ͮͮ̑̽͠m̸͈̺̄͒ͣ̂͐͆ͯͅo̘̙͍̦̜̜̻͎̩͑ͯ͋̑̿̈̒̾̄u͖͉͎͔̫ͮ̐͒̏ͮ̿ͨͥ́ṅ͂͋̓͗́̄ͩ͏̦̠͙̳̰̝̝ͅt̺ͨ̓̚a̫̰̭͂͘i̓̋͊̓̒̓̕҉̩̩̝̪̻̼͔n̷͔̭̳̥̹̮̻ͣ̈́͂̾̀͋̚ ̒̎̀̿̈́ͭ͆̚҉͚̠̦͚̙̝̥̕ͅm̶͇͓͚͙ͥ̕͡ọ̴͙̭̠̽u͇̭̿̇ͫ̀n͔̰ͨ̌̅ͫ̉ͥ̚͟t̙͖̹̳̤̳͓͇ͨͨͨ̎ͯͫ́̑̓̕͜a̫͖͒͋̿̔͘ị̤̮̥̯̯̊́̓̈ͨ̇̕͢ͅn̢̖̑̌ͮ̈ͤ̋ ̴̞̩̾̍̀̃͠mͬ̀̊̒̌̉̿҉̧͚̥o̡͈̳̠̰͌ͯ̔̈ͮͤ̊̐̉ͅȕ̡̩̯͚̭̺̘̤͉ͭ͒̓͂̎̇̈́́̚ͅn͚̯͍̰̪̅͜͢t͎͚̺̦̠̙̖̹͖̓ͧ̏͑͆ͭa̠͙̳ͬ̈́ͩͦ̔́̾̆ḯ̺̟͘͞n̏̉ͥ̐ͯͩ̚͏͇̝̳̘̺̥ ͈̯̙͍͓̱̺͓̅̽̅ͣͨ̈̑͐̚m͈̝̣͉͌́̚o̸̵̗̘̫͈̭̦͎̰͑̆͂ͯ̇͛ͣͅu̧̫͕̫̅̏̇͌͋͋n̻̰̗̜͚̤͉͚̾̄̽͆͂̽̃́̕̕t̡͖̥̲͉̫̖̲̒̕ͅà̝̜̺̩͖̫̼̏͐̅͜ỉ̘̺͖̌͆̑͋͆ͣͧ̕nͫ̈̕҉͕̬͓̯̫̲͎͚ ͫ̀҉̧̻͝m̩͈̻͍͊̋̊͋̋̿ͪ̍͜o̘͎̥̝̼͚̝̟̣ͦ̓ͣͧ̄͆͒̂u̶̟̙͇̳ͨ̉ͬ͗nͪͤ͒ͧ͂͏̮͕̳̣̘̰̠t͙͙̭͇̝̥̫͉̝̄̓́͐̚͢͝a͆ͮͧ̈ͭ̏͏͚̙̼̮͈̀͢ͅi̸̟̹̝̭̬͇͗͐ͨ̏̅͆́nͧ͆́́ͪ̿̈́҉͉͙ ̼͇͕͕̯̔̌̈́͐ͤͩ̽͛͠m̡̯̝͖̞ͭ̅͆̇͗̃̉̌ͅõ̵͊̾̑̋̀ͣ҉̰̟̼͖̼̠͎̜̪ǘ̧͕̻͕̺̥̟̺̩͚̉̅̓͛̚n̵͚̜͎͉̠̯̼̅͊ͣ̃ͫt̘̤̼̺̩͙͇͂̏̄̎̌̋͢a͇̥͇̬͎͙ͤͪͬ̔͟i̧͙̺̳̲̪̍̾̂̆ͩ̉ͣ͆́̚͟n̡̡͓͎͆̇̂͜ ̸̱̜̺̓ͣͭ̉̑̿͟

Edited by Dingus
  • Like 7

I can think of a few ways...

Zombies become posessed by the evil spirits in the tower, become super intelligent, teach the hordes to use guns and occupy every town, airfield, and major loot spawn with undead soldiers armed with military grade hardware and body armor. The malevolent spirits then lead their army on a quest to crush the small pocket of humanity remaining in Chernarus, and begin hunting us through the forests, hills and mountains for sport in an ironic re-shuffling of the food chain turning us into mindless, feral animals. The zombies then go on to rebuild society and have "human farms" where they breed us like cattle, on the off chance they don't exterminate us entirely.

But as I previously said, we'll never know unless we try...

i have tried to brin it down (at least in the arma 2 editor) nothing can bring it down. HE tank rounds, missiles nothing.

evil forces have a hard shell

My whole story starts with a little too much curiousity and some boredom one night on a low pop server with nothing to do.

I've always played DayZ solo, never had a team before, and I've played through almost all areas in both daylight and night time and found that, despite the darkness, the night usually feels safer. Thus, when I heard the "stories" about... Green Mountain... I decided to go check it out.

It wasn't a long trek from Stary to the mountain, and in the middle of the night with not too many players left online, it was actually kind of peaceful. Perhaps this is why I never once thought to turn on the recording software. Though to be honest, I was never expecting anything to happen in the first place. I've never been much for the ghost stories told around the campfire at night. In fact, I usually just sit there quietly laughing at those who actually believe them. Still, I was curious so off I went.

I arrived at the ominous tower that looms over the mountain just as the moon was becoming veiled by a thick line of clouds, which didn't help the already poor visibility but at least it was still better than the pitch dark that occurs without any moon at all. Slowly I crept up towards the small base, the one I had been too several times before (usually to be disappointed by lack of loot). As usual, some military zombies began making their way out of the base, wandering and spreading out in their usual patterns. That wasn't my concern though. I found a spot on the north-western part of the wall that surrounds the complex that was busted up at the bottom and crawled through, avoiding the zombies that had, by now, left through the front of the base.

I spent the next few minutes seaching around the base carefully, even checking the pit of bodies that I knew was there. Turns out, it is a bit creepier at night time. Still, nothing out of the ordinary happened and I continued to seach before heading to the tower itself. Normally there's nothing interesting in the tower other than the decent view from the top, but given that it seems to be the center of the stories I'd heard (along with the Humvee outside), I figured I'd save it for last.

Padding my way as stealthily as I could through the narrow hallway at the base was... an interesting experience. It was almost pitch black at this point and with the walls and floors all being the same general color, it was difficult to really see what was what in this tiny hallway. But, the ladder appeared soon enough, to my relief, and after a long climb I arrived at the top. As I went out onto the walkway that wraps around the tower, I kept an eye out across the vast view before me. Actually hoping at this point to spot anything out of the ordinary. Nothing. Just a normal night at the mountain it seemed.

Slightly disappointed, despite the fact that I expected nothing to happen anyway, I decided to head back down. Perhaps I'd take one more quick look before the zombies began to wander back into the base before I left, just in case. As I rounded the corner to enter back into the hallway that had led me out onto the upper walkway of the tower I saw what made me nearly shit my pants. A person, the normal player model, was standing right there in the hallway looking at me. I darted back around the corner as soon as my mind kicked into gear and yelled at me to get behind cover before I got shot in the face, thankfully before any bullets flew. I waited for a few minutes outside, my gun trained on the entrance to the hallway.

I was trapped on top of the tower, but I sure wasn't going to just walk into the hallway and get mowed down by someone who had been watching me this whole time. Still, as time wore on I felt myself getting impatient. I wasn't going to just abort, that would be too easy. Besides, it was just one guy so if I got the jump on him, I may be able to get him first. Finally mustering up the courage, I crept up to the corner again and then quickly peeked around it. Nothing.

Now I was more paranoid before as I scanned every possible area, even though there really wasn't anywhere to hide. Deciding that he had either aborted or went down the ladder without me hearing him, I decided to carefully proceed. As I made it to the ladder I checked back behind me again, just out of habit from my long time of paranoid survival in this wasteland. And that's when my face probably turned pure white. He was there, again. Standing there staring straight at me. This time I saw that he had some sort of rifle or shotgun in his hands, pointed at me. But I really couldn't tell what it was, not with it being so dark. After having walked right through the very hallway he now stood in, I had no idea where he had just come from. All I knew, was I was getting the hell out.

Not even thinking straight anymore, I grabbed onto the ladder (somehow) and managed to make it down without breaking my leg. Once there I simply took off at a dead run, getting away from there as fast as I could. As I smashed my face on about five different spots on the walls in the dark corridor at the base of the tower, just trying to get out, I heard an extremely loud burst of what sounded like static come over my headphones for a second or two. I literally jumped and almost fell out of my chair at this point, given that my headphones were turned up quite a bit as it was. Fuck this. I just ran. Got about six zombies chasing me through the woods as a result but I didn't care, my heart was racing and I just wanted out. In hindsight, that was the fastest I had ever gotten from the mountain to Stary before in my entire life. Don't think I even looked back at the zombies the entire time, though thankfully I had managed to somehow lose them through the brush.

After awhile I managed to calm myself and realized that the most likely explanation was not some cleverly designed "ghost" that haunted the mountain but rather an actual player who just happened to log in right there in the hallway. Chances are, I scared him just as much as he scared me and he probably aborted again as a result. On the second sighting, he had probably just logged back in again and was checking his surroundings before spotting me a second time, though I'd wager this second one scared me quite a bit more than him.

As for the burst of static, I still don't know what caused this. I have great headphones but it's possible it was just some audio glitch, from either the game or my computer. To this day I've yet to hear it again, but you know what? That's okay with me.

• Like 9

My two buddies ran into some weird stuff two nights ago. It was Nate, who you may have read about when I went to Green Mountain with him, and Shawn, a relatively new player enjoying the mod greatly. After escaping from GM that night, I logged out in the forest on the hillside there while Nate went into Zelenogorsk for food and stuff. He went down south to find Shawn and bring him back up north so we could hit one of the airfields the next day and get some good gear, none of us having been farther north than Berezino before. The two of them were making their way up north, while I hadn't even logged in yet because they had a long way to go. Remember, they told me most of this so it might not be as accurate as if I had been there.

Anyways, they meet this guy with nothing but a hatchet north of Cherno, and after a tense standoff they decided to team up. Plenty of loot for four people, right? Heading further north and west, night falls quickly and they begin to travel through the countryside as opposed to the roads, avoiding cties until they hit Zeleno. In the Zeleno supermarket, they ran into another player looking for food. They said that the guy begged for his life, and after going through his pack they found no weapons. Taking his supplies, Nate and Shawn turned to leave when they heard a thump behind them. The guy they had met, with the hatchet, had buried it into the poor robbed soul's head as soon as they turned their backs! He hacked and hacked, with Nate and Shawn trying to tell him to stop but it was no use. Even after the guy was dead, this hatchet guy kept hacking until BLAM!

Shawn put one right in his head and he dropped to the ground like a sack of hammers chained to a cinderblock. They left before the deadheads could show up and made their way to the southern GM forest to meet up with me. By this time I was preparing to log on, but someone else found them first. A small group of guys, heavily armed, pulled up in atruck a dozen or so feet in front of them on the road heading to GM. If I remember right, they said there were about five. The men got out, with two walking slowly up to Nate and Shawn with their weapons raised while the others spread out and covered the sides. Shawn and Nate duced into a ditch a few feet back, minimal cover. I think the conversation went something like this:

Leader: We heard some shots down in Zeleno. You guys run into trouble?

Nate: uh...yeah. We had to waste this guy down in the supermarket when he murdered some other player. You cna have the stuff on the bodies if you like, we didn't take it.

Leader: One of these dead guys was unarmed, right?

Nate: Yeah...you know him?

Leader: He was running into town for us. You kill him? (before Nate or Shawn can answer) Fuck you guys!

Shawn: Take'em!

They said both sides opened fire, with the leader being hit first due to his close proximity to my friends. Not dead, one of his guys ran out and dragged him back while Shawn and Nate tried to crawl away in the dark. Nate stood up to cover Shawn, but took a hit and fell down. As Shawn turnedto try and drag him out of there, he looked up into the face of a dark figure. The dark figure raised a hatchet and yelled something, I forget what they said. Shawn was scared shitless when he immediately recognized the hatchet guy from the supermarket he'd killed. Then, the guys shooting turned the car to illuminate the ditch my friends were hiding in, and when the headlights passed over him the hatchet man seemed to vanish. A second later, the truck exploded and killed the man closest to it. Nate had regained conciousness by this time and was firing back into the crowd of guys. He killed one, but got hit again. Shawn stood, picked him up an carried him across the road but got hit in the legs by something ow caliber, but painful. He made it to the northern side of the road, where he applied morphine and bandages to himself and Nate. That's when I logged in.

Having no idea what was going, I looked south to see the burning wreck in the distance. I took out my binocs and surveyed the firefight, seeing the strangest thing. It looked like a man, cased in shadow, darted above what I later learned to be Shawn and Nate's position in the ditch. From their angle, they saw the shadowy figure dart straight to the guy closest to them and begin hacking him to death with a hatchet. Both of them started running to the trees, knowing I had logged in and needing help. I had no idea it was them at the time, so I sat back and watched the spectale unfold from a safe distance. From my angle, I saw two figures (them) run into the trees to my right, which would have been west. About 30 seconds or so later, I heard screaming like never before. I threw a flare on the road, then another up a little farther because I had no idea where the noise was coming from. As I slowly sank back in to the dark foliage, two armed men dashed into the red glow from my first falre on the road. One screamed "It won't die dude!" while the other turned around and fired a birst of automatic fire into the direction of a third player walking up toward them. The two armed men dashed up the road, occasionally screaming, up to the radio tower compund on top of GM. That's about when the screams stopped, replaced with a few seconds of frantic gunfire and then silence. In the dark, both literally and figuratively, I looked back down to the third man. I noticed he had a hatchet in his hands and was slowly walking up the road in a calm fashion, following the two men, still alive at this point. Passing from the light of my first flare, it extinguished instantly as he left the light. The other flare was firther up the road, near the gates of GM, leaving a dark patch about 10-15 meters long between the two lights. That's where I was. The hatchet man never reappeared in the light of the second flare, and the gunfire stopped as soon as my first flare had gone out. I grew uneasy. Where was this axe man? He had to be somewhere in the dark space in front of me...waiting... Then a shout from behind me nearly made me dirty my pants.

"Rock! Shit dude, ready for that transfusion?" I swung my weapon around, only to be staring right into Nate's face illuminated in the glow of a blue chemlight. I swung back around to the road, seeing only darkness. My other flare went out too. I threw another, directly in front of me. Nothing. Nate asked again about the transfusion, and seemed to be getting angry when I said I had no idea what he was talking about. His answer startled me.

"You promised me a blood transfusion, like, a minute ago! Remember, we were running through the forest? Hey, where's Shawn?" I informed him tht I had been laying in this small patch of bushes since logging in, and had no blood bags on me. He grew slightly angrier when I told him I had no idea where Shawn was. He informed me of the firefight, and that he and Shawn had been split up when they ran into the trees to look for me. "C'mon man, you promised. When I ran into you, you took me to that bush and said you'd be back when you found Shawn. I've got like 2k blood left man, please?" Again, I told him I never moved. The only place we could look for Shawn was further up the mountain. I left Nate there with the last of my cooked meat and went up to find Shawn. Just at the perimeter of the GM facility he found me.

"You ok Shawn?"

"We're leaving."

What if those guys are still here? I saw them run up this way and-"

"They're gone. Trust me. We will be too if we don't fucking move!" I asked him what he saw inside, but he didn't answer. He only said he saw "it" when he went inside and tooksome meds off the corpses of the two men I saw running away from that person on the road. He carried Nate while I covered them, and we found a safe place to log out in. Nate and Shawn went back to the truck, scavenged the bodies, and came back before they got off. Shawn never exactly told us what "it" was. I probably should have told him about Green Mountain beforehand. Seems like a real bitch to learn that on your own.

• Like 8

I have had multiple encounters with the Ghost Goat. It'll be wandering around all normal-like, but as soon as you approach it, it disappears.

I hate to ask, but does anyone know why one of the castles is called.......Devil's Castle?

Any stories from that neck of the woods?

you know. chernarus is real. the castle is a old fort that where conquered by Russia. the name comes from the fact that it was used as an execution area

Edited by LawsOfFire

w͕̑̄̍ͮ̿͘͜e̗̣͉͉̯ͤ̚ ̡͇̗̲͍͓ͭ̓́ͦ̽͊ͅd̨̦̞̦͉͔̏̆͂́ǫ̬̬̞̺͙ͮ ̰̮̹̞̱̼̤͛ͥ̍̋̂͌̽́n͓͉̠̦̮̠̤̟̔͒ͧ͘͘ơ̪͉͔͔̯͈̟̓͂͌͟ť̖͈̱͔͚ͩ̈́̑̄͌ͥ̕ ̤͇̩̼ͭ̌ͯs̴̟̠̝͙̳̥̎ͮͯ̀ͫ͐͝ͅp͚̘͉̬͇͕̑́ͥͩ̋̂͢e̛̙̹͕̋̍̎̆͜ͅͅa̭̬͈ͣ̿k̹̪̗̪͇̦̀̆̍ͨ̂̇̀ͩ̚͘͠ ̛̛̲̦̦͖ͬ̓͋̒ͦ͝o̹̬͚ͬ̎ͮ͐̒̋̓̀f͔̙̘͎ͯ̈̂ͨ̈́̉̌̿ ͍̭̦͗͒̅̍̾̿̔͒̚͜͟͝ţ̴̴̠͉̞̼̇̓͌̏̔ḥ͍̠͇̣̓͑̄̾̾̓̓͢ę̺̤͙̖̯̈́̆̌ ͓̲̩̫̥̬͉̊̌̑͞m̌͗͏͚̘̣͚ǫ̠̦͒̉ͧͣ̊̌̃͘͢ū̇͒̅̿̉̄͝͏̳̜̦̞͇̜̫͜ņ̸̮͇͙̼͕̫͎̺̿̒̉t̴̟̻̳̥̳̪ͤͦ̆ͭa̶̯̹̗̭̅ͣ̂i̥̪̙̓̓͗̃ͯ͆̌ͨ͜n̡̨͔̜̟̤̮̒͑̅͗̎͊͘ ͍̈̔͋̍̄͑͝m̖̪̖̪̬͍̞̟̆ͮ̅̆͐̂̂͠o͈̥̣̿ͮ͡u̧̖̞̯͒ͥ͊̌̈̓̋̾̀n̲̠͕̘̥̦̩͒̑͂̔ͪͮ̂͠͞ť̴̳͇͇̳̠̟̮̜̰̐ͪ̅̆̏ͪ̚a͎̥͎͖̳͇̅̏̀i̛͍̺̺̜͙͉͈͆̏̉ͭ͛̉̓̀͂͝n̵̵̜͖̳̙͉̆̀͆ ̪̪͓̥̳̱̖̟̐́̿͞m̐̃ͪ́̏̾ͣ̚͏̢̜̮̦̤̫o̩̘̱͕̘̣̓̾ͣ͂ͩ͠u̠͖͒̋͗ͦͯ̆̂̚n̡̬͈̹͖̔̃t̷̛͖̖̤͙͗ͫ͋ͨ̾ͭ̐̏̈́́à̸̧͓̼̪̬͔̫͇̣̳͒̕i̷̺̤̜̳͈͚̒͋̈́ͦ͜n͎̤̥͚̺̫̼̑ͦ̀ͪ̊̏ͭ̚͞ͅ ͓̘̫̣̪̺̿͊͒̅͛̆͌m͖͇̪̥̬̯̘ͣ̓̄͌̉͠o̷̧̘̗̮̭̙͈͎ͬͯͣͭ̐͗̏͂̕u̷͚̠͎͚͍͎̪͍͙ͯ́̎́̓̈́͆ͦ͌n̝̫̮̱̖ͭ̇̑͗ͥ̈́̂̌͘͝t͓̗̆ͮ̽a̵͍̱̒͑ͮ̓̇͑͗i̶̥͖̯̺̙͍̠̞̔ͧ̀͜n͓̤̽̈͊́͊̇̆ͨ̐ ̶͓͓̭̳̙͉͊͌̓ͧ́̕m̵̑ͧͥͤ͒̓͂ͩ͢͏̰̟͈̗͈̼̠͖̮oͦ̋ͨ̇̈̌͌̌͞͏̢̝̼ṷ̴̲̮̭̫̜̾ͧͣͩ̓ͅn̬͓͖͔͍̜̰̖̣͋̃̉̔͠t͂͂ͪ̋͂ͫ͒ͣ͒͏̣̺̯̮̝͙a̖ͨ̊͢ͅi͋̏̊ͥ҉͓̬ͅn̴͖̣͕̜ͭ͆ͦ̍̑̋ͪ̓͞ ̷̹̜̺̺̣̲̦̉͢m͎͉͇̫̒͋̃̾ͥo̬̘͉̫͉͓̜̳ͩ̾̈́̇̒ȕ̧̥̫͐́ǹ̮̹͇̥̼̼ͫ̎̀̇̋ͩͅt̷̡͙̫͈̫̻͚̍͋̓̓a̩͎̟̘̅ͨ͋̈́ͭ̾ͦ͌i̷̤̘̮͇̠̰͔͋̽̊n̡̘͙̒ͨ̾̔͠ ̸͔͎͖̹̪̥͍ͫ̇͘͝ͅm̶̭͙̠̞̩̦̼̮̀͒̀o̯͈̔̃̓͢ͅu̯̭̝͎̼ͤͪ̋̍͢͟n̛̝͚̟̙͕̬̥̾ͪ͐̀̐̚͝͞t̰̠͉͍͓ͫ́͢ą̢̛͈̳̠̫̝͍̘͔̖́ͪͧͬḯ̵͓̱͇͍̫̤͆͒ͧ̍̐̏ͬn̶̢͇̻͓̂ͣ̊ͯ͐ ͚̙̙̆ͧ͗͑̀̍̒m̗͇͙̜͓̫͇̞̟͒̐̑͛͂́ơ̖ͯ̾͢͞u̟͉̘ͤ͒ͧ̈ͩͯͮ̚n͚͚̞̖͑̂ͫ̕ţ̬̯͖͚̠̲̜̄ͅa͈̹͉̳̭ͩ̊͌̍ͯͫ̿̆́ĭ̩͙̦̈͝ͅn̫̙̣͕̙̣̗̓ͦ̇ͬͨ̐́͡ ̯̝̻̠̬͇̫̮ͪ̅͞m̮͔̮ͧ͊̀́ͦ̈͝o̧̖̪̖̻̯͚̥̍ͦ͡ǔ̷̶̫̝͔̠̗͕̝̋̈́ṇ̛̟͉̙̫̰͒ͪ͒̾ͭ̈́ţ̙̹́̒͊̏͂̕̕ă̲̬͈͎͓̟̦̗ͮͣ͐ͭ̐͘i̧ͮ͗ͤ͒̉̊̽͏̗̣͝n̡̛̮̹̱͚̦̙̰̤͑ͪͩ ̧̛͖̞͉͌ͬ͊͜m̱͈͍̈́̄̒́̀o̜̟̭̙̓̑͜͡ŭ͙̝͎̟̩̦̦͛͊͌ͪ̀̚n̂̌̔ͧ̇ͪ̒͂̚͢͡͏͙̣͙̣̺̳̹̮ț̰͚̻̻̤̰̻ͪͧ̔͂́͡a̼̣͚̟ͣ̀͒̒̈́́̈́͘͞į̜̪̖͚̖͎̣̔̆ň̶̡̤̦̜͇͉͟ ͙̩̟̖̪̎̄͗ͫ̽́͝m͙̰̩̭̺̥ͬ͒̆͗ͩͫ͊͂ō̲͎̬̺͍̞̥̐ͧͦ͂́̕u̵͚̼͐̽͒̃͋͐nͯ̿ͦ̓͏̖́t̷̥̲̥̙̙̞̎̏ͣ̾͐̈̀̚͢a̙̗̟̮̣̍̾̈̃̔͒̏̿ͫ͡i̞̤̙̱̩̊͗͜͡ṇ̶̹̖͍̊̈́̐ͧ͘ ̶̯̥͎̻̐̑̔̚m̞ͤ́̊͝ǫ̫̯͔̜͔̤͈ͧ̍u̸͎̦̝̜̺̭̽̾̏ͪ͆̐̂ͦ͡͞ͅņ̛͍̦̿̀̑͞t̶͑́͏͔͖̖ȁ͝҉͈̻̘͙̤̲̪i̡͉̬̱̟̩̬͗̽̄̆̍͡ͅn͙̰̫̄ͣ͛ͨ͒͐̾͌́͠ ̙̰͍̻̝̆̆͑̒͑̑͘͢͟ͅm̠͓͖ͪ͋ͧ̏́ǫ̶̳͙͎͖̼̯̤̒͑u̝̞͕̭̥̪͙͕̇ͨͭͪ̈́̆͂͘͝ͅn̡̺̪͙͍͍̠͕͋ͦ̍̆̇̽́͟t͉́̈́ͬ͒̄á̸͔̪͈̠͖̝͐ͪ̃͠͠ͅͅi̧͙̤̟͚̖̜͑̈́͊ͣͣ͑͐̀͡ṉ̷̭͇̖̟̭̰͔̱̋ͣ́͜ ̸̮͚̾͗̂͂m̤͈̥̖̻̝͈͒͂̋̔̌͝ỏ̵͉̹̭͚̊̀ͅų͚̥̘̪͎̝ͣͥ̊̋̑ͯ͊̚n͚͎̞̳̺̮͐t̵͓͓̑͋͌̀̚ḁ̷̛̪̞͉̤͗ͨ̏̇̅͘ī̛͚̹͉͙̝ͨͤ͌ͨ́͋͝ͅn͗̾̋̈́͊̈́̔̅͏̪̲͕̰͙̙̼ ̨̙̮͈̬͈̠̥̭̤̋ͬ̉ͧm̸̖̗͚̥̠̎́ͥͣ͊͊̅͐o̵̙̮͍̳͕̘͈͚ͤͧ͊ú̧͓̝̹̖̮͇̣̰͙ͨ͋͑̓̽̿̓͞n̡̛̜̞ͣ͌̒͆̔ͥ̉͝ţ̠͔̝̞̬͔͑ͬ̇̃͋̂ͦ̇͡ä̸̩͚́͛̒̈́̇ͫ͌ͩ̑i̴̛̤̲͙̺͔̺͙̹ͧͮͥ̓̓̊̓n̴̘͉̘̆͑̏ͨͪ̎ͬ̿ ̸̧̺̻͈͚̹̍͌ͭ̄̒͊̀m͎͉̖̙̼͙͆̐̿͒͒ͪ̾ͣo̾̈͏̺̣̣͓ͅu̧̻̗̗̺͚͈͋ͯņ͎͇͗̇ͥ͝t̵̼͎͕̠͔͚̼ͬ̋a̜̤̫̦̯̗ͫ̎̊͋̆ͫ̑̇ì̲͔̲͕̟͈̺̟ͨ̓̅̌̇͋͌̚͘ņ̶̦͎̉͂͒͆ͩ͛͝ ̫͕̙̬͕͔̻̌̊ͥ̃ͬ̃̏͌͂̀̕͝ͅmͦ̆̑̉ͣͭ̊͟҉̝̟ō̵̭̪̊ͤͮ̑̓̆̕u̶̻̺͎̳͉̲̔̇̄̃ͧͭ̍͂̿n̨̖̣̠̽̍́ţ̬͉̞̓͊ͧ̉ͦͣa͒ͩ҉͏̺̯͎̙͉̻̬͚ì̻̠̘͓̠̹ͭ̒ͭ̓̃̓̍͠͞n̬̬̪̎̑̅̚͠ ̮̟ͯ̀̍̀̚m̛̼͂͝o̴͕̤̝̝͍͓͉̼̰͂ͨ̾́ȗ͑̊ͭ҉̵̲̟ͅń̵̠͎̤͇̲̘̜̗̞ͨ̒̓͒ͩͦ̔t̀̆̈́̈̾̀҉̧̣̰̫͓͇a̴͍̮̰̠̽͒ͪ̾͐̕ḭ̶̡̢͖͕͖̊n̹̦̰̝ͯ͒ͦ͒ ̈͆ͪͤ҉҉̲͉͞ͅm̸̙̫͔̱͖̮̙ͮͦ͛̓͌ͮ͂ö̡̦͇̰̠ͩ̌̏̑͊̎̾͢ŭ̢̙̭͖̦̥̩̘̻̍ͫͨͨ̄̄ͭ̀ͅň̴͍͈̘̜̞̳̦̙̍ͪ͗ͦͧ̒̓̀̀t̴̝͕̟̰̻̩̻̼̐ͯ̂̈ͯ͌ͮ͘ä̛̟̲͈͈͂́͘i͍̣̫̬̞̅̄͊̋ͦ̈́̂̏n̸̦̤͎̳̤͍̭̆͑̓̅̋̇̕͝ ̶̡̬̹̫̯̺̠̓̐ͬͧ̏ͦ͗͆̿͘ͅm̵͖̻̔͆̄ͯ͂͐́ö̶̯̠̮̤̤̲͙̘ͥͅu̦̤̲̫̱̞̣ͫͭ̃͜͢ͅnͯͫ̿ͯ̂̄ͮ҉̥͉͕̙̤͍t̶̫̭͍̩̠̺̟́̚̚a̵̘̜̫͑ͫ̇̀̾̔ͫ̔̐iͧ͆̀̈́̀͏҉̢̹̞n̪̥̦̫̞̠͖̱͆̑͠ ̸̜̱̺ͩ̄͒ͯ̍̽̀ͣ̑͟m̻̦̹̜͚̣̿ͬͪͮ̇̏͋̉̿̀͜ơ̢̤̞͙̒̔ͫ́̿̈́͠u̴̡̨̦̠͉̦͗n͑ͦ͟҉͕̘͖̻͢t̡̙̏̀ͮ͡a̴̢̗̟̯͔̲͙͂̈́̽ͩ̄͘į̰̰̭͍̩̻̟̩͆̏̈́ͯ̿̔͌ͨn̛̽̍ͫ͋̉̋̌͊͢҉̗̺̜̪̺̬̯͖ ̛̘̝́͑̓̀͡ḿ̜͚͔̣̝̱̹̋̇̚͘̕͡o̷͉̦͈̩̠̱ͥ͌ͨ̍̒ͯ̆̽ụ͎̻͍̺̦̱͑̏͊͋ͅñ̻͖̲̖̲͖͚͉͌͊͐͗ͧͩ͢͟t̝͕̓̈̆̑́ͩ̒ȃ͖̪̼̠̖̣̓͜i̫͉̒̌ͬ̈́̕͜ņ̷͕͎̰̞̭͕ͤͣ̋́̄ ̵̖̖̦̼ͥ̅͡m̩̮͖̲̦̥̹ͬ̏͑̒ͫ͑͘͜͞o͑̈̋̄ͨ҉͖̖̲̗ṳ̲̹̜͕̟̻̬̲̈̐̇͐͂̆n̑ͮ̑͊̉̎͗҉͚͖̘̳̜t̯̫̟ͤa̡̻̱͙̲̼̞̪ͥ͊̌ǐ̘͔̗̔͛̄̃͗̓n̨͚̖̜͓̪̈ͭ̽͒ͬ͐ͪ̄́͠ ̵͉͍̗̝̩̙͛͌̈́ͬ͠m̶̳̬̆̎̈́ͭ̃̏ͬͪ͘ǫ͕̫̍̀̈̌́͢ȗ̴̵͇̘̺̜̘̬͖͔ͮ̎̐ͪ̑͝n̨͈ͫ̿̓t̵̶͕̺̖ͣ̊̿̍ȃ̜̎̑́͑̉̀̀i̾̀͌͐҉̥̰̙͈̻n̷͉̗͖̭̺̲̫͔ͨͤͦ ̜ͧ̑͠m̡̮̙̉̔̀̉̇̂ͧ̕o̙̤̞͙̬͙̹̓̾ͥͮ͡ͅu̴͓̒̈̈́̈͒ņ̭̖͚̫͚̬ͬ̑̌̂ͤt̶̨̠̦͚̠̖̬ͪ͛a̓̒͑̍̈͂̿̚͏͍̞̳͢i̹͕̼͕̙̠̓̉͌ͬ͋̍̍͘ͅn̸͕͕̲̟͚̖̲̻̈̐͞ ̌͗̏͡͏̗̬̘̝͍m̴̛̺͓ͧ̽̄̈̿ǫ̷͉̥̰̭̠͎̅ͣͅû̧ͨ҉̺̣̳ņͨͦ҉̠̫̭̪̜̠̤͙͕ț̻̟̗̼̫̱͓̈ͅa̝̲̠͖͔̖̼ͤ͗ͭ̔͗̒ͤ̂ͯị̷̡̘̜̜̠̟͚̉͌͊̔͛ͤ̾ͦ̕n͕̫̓͒̍̊͐͢ ̨̹̝̳̪̠̭͔̇͐͟ͅm̜͚͇͔͎͋͌̈͛͊͟o͉͖ͫ̾̒͢͝ͅu͗ͫͦ̐ͭ̿̔ͩ͏̧̰͎̲n̰͙͉̣̩͖͉͓͛̔͜t̞̭͍̬͕̘̒͒͐̃̉͝͡ä̵͚̜̳̩̬ͣ̏̈͗́́ͪ͞͡i̟̲͕̇̊ͮͭ̚͟ņ̬͈̮̯̅̔͐̐͌ͮ̚ ̶̨̣̤̫̭̤͙̺͍̱ͫ̏̎̈́͋̅͜m̛̰͚̐͛̾̾̋͐̕ỏ͍͓͈̻̩̬͍̦̑͂͌́u͊͛̑̂̿̀͞͏̬̮̗̝̦̤̞̣͙n̸̯̗̫̰̣͕ͪ̿̽͌ͩ̇̇ț͖̺̮͍͋̆͑ͤả̸̭̠̣̱̙̯̏ͬ̔̉̓̐̄͛i̢̢̬̽̀̂͌͊ͯ̌͞ṅ̳̝̖̥ͤͨ̐̃̐ͧ ̭̳͕̻͙͈̤̄ͣ̏ͫ̇ͮͮ̑̽͠m̸͈̺̄͒ͣ̂͐͆ͯͅo̘̙͍̦̜̜̻͎̩͑ͯ͋̑̿̈̒̾̄u͖͉͎͔̫ͮ̐͒̏ͮ̿ͨͥ́ṅ͂͋̓͗́̄ͩ͏̦̠͙̳̰̝̝ͅt̺ͨ̓̚a̫̰̭͂͘i̓̋͊̓̒̓̕҉̩̩̝̪̻̼͔n̷͔̭̳̥̹̮̻ͣ̈́͂̾̀͋̚ ̒̎̀̿̈́ͭ͆̚҉͚̠̦͚̙̝̥̕ͅm̶͇͓͚͙ͥ̕͡ọ̴͙̭̠̽u͇̭̿̇ͫ̀n͔̰ͨ̌̅ͫ̉ͥ̚͟t̙͖̹̳̤̳͓͇ͨͨͨ̎ͯͫ́̑̓̕͜a̫͖͒͋̿̔͘ị̤̮̥̯̯̊́̓̈ͨ̇̕͢ͅn̢̖̑̌ͮ̈ͤ̋ ̴̞̩̾̍̀̃͠mͬ̀̊̒̌̉̿҉̧͚̥o̡͈̳̠̰͌ͯ̔̈ͮͤ̊̐̉ͅȕ̡̩̯͚̭̺̘̤͉ͭ͒̓͂̎̇̈́́̚ͅn͚̯͍̰̪̅͜͢t͎͚̺̦̠̙̖̹͖̓ͧ̏͑͆ͭa̠͙̳ͬ̈́ͩͦ̔́̾̆ḯ̺̟͘͞n̏̉ͥ̐ͯͩ̚͏͇̝̳̘̺̥ ͈̯̙͍͓̱̺͓̅̽̅ͣͨ̈̑͐̚m͈̝̣͉͌́̚o̸̵̗̘̫͈̭̦͎̰͑̆͂ͯ̇͛ͣͅu̧̫͕̫̅̏̇͌͋͋n̻̰̗̜͚̤͉͚̾̄̽͆͂̽̃́̕̕t̡͖̥̲͉̫̖̲̒̕ͅà̝̜̺̩͖̫̼̏͐̅͜ỉ̘̺͖̌͆̑͋͆ͣͧ̕nͫ̈̕҉͕̬͓̯̫̲͎͚ ͫ̀҉̧̻͝m̩͈̻͍͊̋̊͋̋̿ͪ̍͜o̘͎̥̝̼͚̝̟̣ͦ̓ͣͧ̄͆͒̂u̶̟̙͇̳ͨ̉ͬ͗nͪͤ͒ͧ͂͏̮͕̳̣̘̰̠t͙͙̭͇̝̥̫͉̝̄̓́͐̚͢͝a͆ͮͧ̈ͭ̏͏͚̙̼̮͈̀͢ͅi̸̟̹̝̭̬͇͗͐ͨ̏̅͆́nͧ͆́́ͪ̿̈́҉͉͙ ̼͇͕͕̯̔̌̈́͐ͤͩ̽͛͠m̡̯̝͖̞ͭ̅͆̇͗̃̉̌ͅõ̵͊̾̑̋̀ͣ҉̰̟̼͖̼̠͎̜̪ǘ̧͕̻͕̺̥̟̺̩͚̉̅̓͛̚n̵͚̜͎͉̠̯̼̅͊ͣ̃ͫt̘̤̼̺̩͙͇͂̏̄̎̌̋͢a͇̥͇̬͎͙ͤͪͬ̔͟i̧͙̺̳̲̪̍̾̂̆ͩ̉ͣ͆́̚͟n̡̡͓͎͆̇̂͜ ̸̱̜̺̓ͣͭ̉̑̿͟

i know i am not supposed to speak of it.

I hate to ask, but does anyone know why one of the castles is called.......Devil's Castle?

Any stories from that neck of the woods?

Two of my buddies were scouting Devil's Castle at late dusk...with no NVGs. They crawled under a pine tree and were just looking it all over as best they could in the almost total darkness when they heard a can pop, right on top of them.

Friend #1: "Did you just take a drink?"

Friend #2: "Nope. That wasn't you?"

Friend #1: :NOPE, NOT ME!!!"

They debate (on teamspeak) the best course of action...wait, pull out, run like hell? Then they hear someone moving, and one of them dies! No shot, he just dies. My other friend jumps up and runs like hell, as he just figured out what happened...another person was hiding under that same tree in the dark, and had just stepped on the other friend's head!

Probably it was a complete accident, but I can just see some guy with NVGs on doing it all on purpose just to scare the crap out of them.

I have had multiple encounters with the Ghost Goat. It'll be wandering around all normal-like, but as soon as you approach it, it disappears.

I saw the Ghost Goat too. That encounter was actually pretty frustrating because I was descending from the mountains of the northern wilderness and starving. I was desperately searching for some animal to hunt down, when I - somewhere near Grishino I think - ran into this goat, standing in the open field. Thankful for the desired meal, I approached it carefully, switching my FN FAL for my M1911 to keep the noise down (and of course to save precious FAL ammo), when it looked me straight in the eyes and vanished instantly.

Frustrated and confused I continued to wander through the Old Fields looking for something to eat. Luckily I did not starve to death this day. I happened to find a sheep somewhere north of Stary Sobor.

Edited by <*))))<FANG

I too have seen the Ghost Goat. After looking for an animal to butcher i finally spotted a goat next to a road. Running after it i saw it walk behind a bush...and vanish!

I can take zombies, snipers and Green Mountain, but not ethereal goats. It's just too much!

• Like 1

I one time went into Cherno. And there I spotted one of the most horrifyingly abomination ever seen in DayZ. It was just so... so awful, man.

They were artifacts! They were everywhere! I thought maybe restarting DayZ would help but no! They won't stop!

Had a weird experience tonight on a night server...........

I had died and was re gearing in Cherno. I had checked supermarket and firehall so i headed to grab a morphine before heading to Elektro (needing a map still, I was headed towards a tent near elektro).

Players hear shots better than hear zombie growls so I decided to climb the hospital to check the roof instead of shooting my aggro or running it off. On the roof was a body. Alice pack map compass etc. I took what I wanted and decided Id wait the body out to be a dick and kill the owner when he got back.

So i climb the little thing on the hospital roof and prone out in third person and am constantly looking around for zombies I didnt spawn. 5 Mins, nothing­. 10 Mins, nothing. Im sitting patiently, mostly because the longer it takes him the better it is (bandit power).

My wife called me over to our couch (beside computer cant see screen). so i popped out the headphone plug and cranked the speakers thinking id hear zombie aggro or ladder steps.

I go to my couch and not 10 seconds latter there is this LOUD insanely weird ... music???.... It WAS sound.. but fuck I do not know what it was.

I jumped up. It still blaring over the speakers and started frantically looking around for a player blasting that music over short range comms????? no sign of anything. nothing. LOUD blaring noise.... undescribable..... It was like a 4 year old got ahold of a sound board and had added 400 things to play simaltaneously........

The sound played for 10 seconds? (seemed like forever when you have no idea what is causing it). then abruptly stopped.................... I scanned and got paranoid as hell thinking it was a hacker or some fucked up shit so i bailed and jumped servers.............

still wondering what the fuck that was

I too have seen the Ghost Goat. After looking for an animal to butcher i finally spotted a goat next to a road. Running after it i saw it walk behind a bush...and vanish!

I can take zombies, snipers and Green Mountain, but not ethereal goats. It's just too much!

Liar, no man can take Green Mountain. You merely believe you can when you are away from that place.

• Like 6

I realy like the Old Fields. I've been roaming arround there since I learnt the country is safer than the shore. Unfortunately, i wandered too close to Stary Sobor and got sniped. In the next reincarnation i woke in Prigorodskiy, and decided to make a run all the way to Stary Sobor, non-stop. My idea was to get into the market and grab some basic gear, a few cans of this and that, and go to the Barracks to find a proper gun. That sounded a good idea, but as i was passing near Kurmyna i saw the burnt church and stoped to scavenge a bit. People say its a good place to find Ghillies, and there i went. I started from the eastern ruins and find the usual loot: a soda can, beans and a hunting knife. But, to my delight, in the church i found an old Kalashnikov, the AKM, the 47. there was only one magazine also. Even not being a place to Avtomats to spawn, i didnt find it so unusual. perhaps someone droped it to make room for a jerry or something akind... so i pick up the gun and went my way to Stary. then i saw a blue message in the left corner "i have a broken leg and bleeding. i am in the market of stary. if you have morphine and bandage, please help me". my first thought was "damn hackers. that is an ambush". But, WTH, lets see. I am heading that way. And i still have to find axe, matches and waterbottles...

i aproached stary from Pop Ivan, running quite fast. when i put up the gun (usualy i have it "down") i noticed some strange markings on the wooden stock, but believed it was just glitching from the textures and just proceeded to the supermarket. when i was almost there, kinda 50m away, i saw a guy runing down the road trailing the whole zombie horde behind him. he had no gun and just went straight in the market and the zeds behind him. Well, one more to help, i thought.

I took place in the small hill behind the supermarket with the intention of clearing the zombies before aproaching. but since i had only one magazine, i should be carefull and waste no bullets. i brought the irons up, held breath and BAUMMMMMM. it was the loudest AK shot i ever heard. sounded like a .50 plus a granade. My first idea was "snap, i just woke the legions of hell and the zombies all the way to berezino are barking to me." but for my amazement, all Zs just turned their back on me and started walking away. Strange. Bugged weapon, bugged reaction. It is an Alpha after all...

I went downhill toward the market to find the poor guy laying down, blood gushing out like a fountain and the legs in an very ankward fashion. he was knocked out, but i still talked to him in direct the usual crap in these situation: "Cmon, lad, breath, stay with me, you will be good in no time. hang on, man, dont die on me". i bandaged his wounds and gave him morphine, but he was out and i had no epinephrine, so i went to search for the other guy, but found nobody else or sign of the body.

By the time I finished the search the guy woke up and, as token of gratitude, threw a gps on the ground. I said it wasnt needed but he insisted and i have it untill today. We saluted each other and he went his way and i went mine, which was uphill, toward the tents.

It was dawn and a little brighter, and in my way to the camp, all zombies seemed to turn away from me. "Lucky day", i thought, but as i was moving my head from one side to the other i could see the markis better: there was three simbols, the david star, the crescent and a cross. there were some inscriptions also, in what i believed was arab. i took a printscreen with fraps and logged off.

I sent the screenshot to a friend who speaks arbi, and he emailed the translation:

"A weapon to save lifes

Doctor Samir Musa

Syria 1977"

I've been folowing the blue letters since then. Sometimes they apear as markings on the map, sometimes as waipoints. But i always follow them.

And i still have 29 cartdriges in the magazine.

• Like 5

NVGs in Deer Stands.

Biggest urban legend around.

• Like 2

Holy crap! Here are a lot of very cool and creepy stories! I don't care if they are true or if they are fake. It is great what you guys wrote. Keep on with the good work. If something strange or terrifying will happen to me, be sure I will share my story with you.

Copy & Pasting this from the thread I wrote this in, felt it belonged here as well.

That Mountain

It is said that anyone who is so foolish as to speak of That Mountain by name should be immediately shot in the leg by his comrades, insuring that he/she will no longer be able to follow them. Such reckless defiance of the powers of That Mountain makes you a marked man (or woman) - you will die from it's curse, the only question is...when. I too was once so bold as to address that heaven forsaken mound of dirt by its proper name, had i known at the time what kind of demonic nightmare that it would bring upon myself and my travelling partner however, I would have immediately humbled myself and never dared to speak of...that mountain.

I had just logged in after reading on these very forums about a strange and mysterious place where the inexplicable becomes the norm.... that mountain. Fortune seemed to be with me this night (or so I thought), upon logging in I was greeted by the well-lit nightscape of Chernarus - perfect travel conditions. I do a quick supply check before embarking on my ill-advised journey. I've got food and water to spare, a bloodbag, painkillers, but sadly I've run out of morphine (Apparently most of Chernarus's citizens were masters of karate before their infection, being able to snap my bones with a single strike...). I check my map to see which direction I needed to travel. Someone had been so kind as to place a marker exactly on top of my destination, reading "Abandon hope all ye who enter here". Naturally, this just fueled my desire for exploration.

My lack of morphine was a pressing concern though, so i make a stop in Starry, hoping to raid the military tents for weapons and meds. I was lucky enough to replace my dinner bell (Lee Enfield) with an M4 CCO, and also acquired a G17 to replace my not-so-trusty revolver. On top of that, there was a Coyote Backpack in the final tent, the Gods were truly smiling on me this night I began to think. Little did I know however, that it was that mountain simply toying with me, setting me up for my inevitable fall. I had spoken its name and had to be punished, such is the way of the world.

Just before I departed Starry's supermarket (still no morphine, sigh) one of my squad members logs in. I tell him of my grand plan to defy fate and set foot in forbidden territory. It just so happens that he (We'll call him "Hairy" to make the story-telling easier) was relatively close to me and decided to take part in this journey. After about 10 minutes of waiting we finally link up and set off towards our objective.The only solid piece of information we can find on the area is that upon arrival, a very large amount of military zombies will be guarding the complex. We've been travelling for quite some time when Hairy queues up on voice coms and asks, "Hey, is that it? Is it..." That Mountain. Little did he know, Hairy had just commited the same unforgivable sin that had already sealed my fate not even one hour ago. So there we stood, two marked men, fates now intertwined, staring at the top of that infernal tower. It stared back, taunting us to brave our way into the forest...into its domain.

When we arrived, we were not disappointed by the information we had read on the zombie presence. Pouring out of the gate was a stream of 15-20 zombies, a pretty disproportionate amount considering the relatively small size of the complex.Luckily, we had come prepared. Using the last of my smoke grenades, i gathered up the the unit of military zombies - they were drawn to it like moths to a flame. The bait had been placed, the trap was set, and it was time for some fireworks. Using an M67 frag grenade that i had...borrowed from a dead survivor earlier in the day, I turned what was once a mosh-pit of shambling horrors, into a spectacular display of flying body parts. The explosion was so powerful that it knocked my character's sights upward.

We triumphantly passed through the gates, remarking to eachother that "It's too late to go back now", unaware that our fates had been decided long ago. Since I was the one that began this ill-fated journey, I was the one to scale the tower while Hairy stood guard inside the base. Reaching the top of the ladder I'm greeted by a pair of zombies - strange that they're up on the tower, but whatever, I dispatch them with ease. I take a good long look around the external catwalk of the tower, but I fail to see anything mind-shattering. "Great, I've just been trolled" I thought as I was looking over the edge of the tower. A bit disappointed I start making my way back to the door to leave the tower. Then I hear something unexpected, a sort of moaning - but not the kind you hear from the shambling dead that you'd encounter below...in normal places. This sounded more like an injured survivor, you know, like the sounds that an incapacitated player occasionally makes. This concerns me, so i ask "Hairy, is everything alright down there? You haven't passed out or something have you?". He replies that he's perfectly fine, although a bit bored. I can still hear the moaning, but it sound like it's getting closer. I find myself switching my M4 to automatic just out of what I assume was a slight sense of fear. "Can't you hear this moaning dude? Do you have SFX off?". This time he sounds a bit irritated, replying "No, I honestly don't hear anything, can we please leave now? This was a bust"

That was one thing we could agree on, other than this inexplicable moaning (Alpha is Alpha, it was probably an audio bug...right?) I make my way around the catwalk and enter the doorway....and stop dead in my tracks. Directly in front of me, between myself and the ladder, is a semi-transparent figure that's slowly walking in my direction. Pointing my sights at the figure returns a tag, "Unknown - " is all i get to read before the quiet moan erupts into the screams of agony (Like the ones you get when a player is being eaten alive by zombies). Two things happened in the next 2 seconds.

1. I treaded the dangerous line between a clean pair of underwear, and completely shatting my pants

2. I emptied my M4 clip into (or more likely, around and all over the hallway) the strange figure

My rounds have seemingly no effect on this mysterious apparition, it continues its advance towards me, A now frantic Hairy comes onto voice-chat asking "Dude wtf is going on up there? Did someone ghost up there and log on you????" All I'm able to muster up is "No, it's a real F#$%ing ghost!". I retreat out of the hall and back onto the cat-walk. I contemplate trying to jump and ending this experience right now, or waiting it out to fight round two with what I can only assume is an angry spirit. I spend the next ten seconds, an eternity at the time, staring at the doorway and waiting for my assailant to show himself. Hairy breaks the silence, "Cmon dude stop screwing with me, you're just mad that you dragged us both out here for nothing. Stop trying to pull a fast one on me and let's get out of here". I'm a little bit offended at this point, but still a great deal more scared so I reply with, "F$%^ you dude, I know what i saw, watch the ladder it could be headed for you". "Yea yea whatever, get down here and let's move on, I'm almost starving and I didn't bring food" is his response. Another eternity passes (5 seconds) and I decide against my better judgement to brave another look down the hall.

Using third person (because I'm a pussy, deal with it) I take a look around the corner. I can clearly see bullet holes on the sides of the walls, no doubt left by my M4.... but no mysterious figure, I slowly creep down the hallway to the ladder, and notice that there's only bullet markings on the sides of the walls, but none at the end. Maybe I'm just a terrible shot, whatever. The moaning has stopped and that's good enough for me, I double time it down the ladder and we both leave the complex's walls. I still don't know what to think about what just happened, did I really see something, or did I just see what I WANTED to see? Hairy still doesn't believe me, but whatever, what matters is we escaped with our lives right?...

CRACK

My leg snaps, just like that, "Hairy, give me some morphine. I must have been running down the hill too fast". "You're the medic, not me genius, I'm still holding Sneaky's (another squad member's) 870, I didn't have room for meds" is all he says to me. Screw it, I just don't want to be here anymore - I start crawling, "Wait wait wait, I'll go back and check the military zombies and see if they dropped any, just sit tight. Despite my pleading to stay and continue down the mountain, he went back. I'm now all alone in the dark woods of that mountain, the radio tower is still visible through the trees...laughing at me. "Dude please just come back and I'll crawl down the mountain, I don't mind", another plea falls on deaf ears. There's not much I can really do at this point, so i walk over to the kitchen and make a Captain and Coke while I wait on Hairy.

I return to the screen, greeted by an hourglass - I had passed out. I thought I had had a high enough blood level, but apparently not. Anyway Alpha is Alpha so I just go with it. This is a longer than normal hourglass though, it's taking quiet a while. Maybe I had de-sync'd and the server put me into the infamous five-minute alt-F4 coma. I patiently sit and sip my drink while I wait.Hairy reports that there's no morphine on any of the bodies and that he's headed back. The brightly lit night sky that greeted me on login was long gone, it's now 2:45 server time and almost pitch dark. "I'll pop a flare when I wake up so you can find me better Hairy". "Na, that's OK I think I see you" he replies.

Shortly after that my body starts to be dragged, I assume hairy has found me and is bringing me down the mountain. "So it looks like you can drag people in DayZ like you can in base Arma II, huh?". No response. Whatever, I just enjoy the ride. After about two or three minutes of being dragged like a useless sack of potatoes, my hourglass has almost expired and we come to a stop. "So where are we at now? Maybe there's a town close by with some residential to raid for meds?" Still no reply.

"Dude are you there?" Silence. Suddenly a bright green light ignites the night sky - an M203 flare round illuminates the surrounding area with an eerie green glow, like a cosmic candle descending from the heavens. I can now see a bit of my surroundings, there's a building with a few dead soldier bodies laying around. What is this place? How far did we travel? My hourglass is empty, I should be regaining control over my character in the next few seconds. All of a sudden a nameplate appears...Unknown.

I hear the sound of footsteps, and the ohh-too-familiar sound of a downed survivor moaning. There's no color left in my hourglass, the time is now - I begin to move. The flare has almost hit the ground now, I've got to do something and I've got to do it now, I spin around and look for a tree-line to crawl into. Then I see it, and I'll never forget it either. It's the radio tower...not 10 meters away from me. I haven't been brought to safety at all... I've been brought right back to the summit of....that mountain. The sound of footsteps is getting closer, my heart is racing. The moaning is getting louder...louder...closer... I don't want to be here anymore. The moaning stops for a second, and is then replaced by a loud agonizing scream. This is it, I'm done for, I turn and fire a few shots in the direction of the sound, but nothing connects. Then the sound of a shotgun blast erupts next to me, my blood is reduced to 1,200. I turn and face my attacker....

It's the transparent figure, standing over my body and staring.I empty my clip of M4 into his chest, but it doesn't even phase him. Soon my attempts to fire my weapon are met with the tell-tale CLICK CLICK CLICK sound that every survivor should rightfully fear - I'm out of ammo. The figure just laughs at me, and then in a demonic and raspy voice shouts, "MY CHILDREN, FEAST!!!"

Ohhshit.jpg

A smoke grenade appears next to me, and the figure vanishes into thin air, the green flare is finally extinguished, and all I can hear is the sound of a horde of angry zombies headed right to me, Using my G17 I back myself up to a wall and attempt to fend off the slew of zombies that are now intent on ending my life. Zombies begin to fall before me, my shots are hitting their mark. I might just make it out of this one after all.

CLICK CLICK CLICK

The zombies proceed to slowly end my existence, the last thing I manage to see is a red flare pierce the night sky. This story doesn't end here though. As I'm staring at my death screen, over voice chat I hear "Sorry, I'm back, did I miss anything?" Hairy had been AFK the whole time. As calm as I possibly can, I tell him "Dude, I'm dead, PLEASE just leave and don't come back".

"Alright, I'll meet you in Elektro then, I've still got to grab some food since I can't get any from you apparently... Wait, wtf is this?

CRACK

Hairy dies, broken and alone on the side of that mountain from starvation, because his leg was also inexplicably broken while he tried to escape his fate.

This is why we don't go to that mountain, in fact I'm pretty sure just from telling this story I've put my new character's life in mortal danger. In that place, the unexplained becomes the normal, the unthinkable becomes a reality. We don't go to that mountain, we don't talk about that mountain, and if you dare speak the name of that mountain, may God have mercy on you and those unfortunate enough to call you a companion.

• Like 15

well i think this thread is awesome and it should be a sticky.

WAIT why dont make a whole section of paranormal things and stories??? like bandit campfire and survivor HQ

Gentlemen, great stories, as always scary as hell.

I am here to report this topic on a strange kind of hatchet murder (Screen inside): HERE.

well i think this thread is awesome and it should be a sticky.

WAIT why dont make a whole section of paranormal things and stories??? like bandit campfire and survivor HQ

One section seems excessive to me, is a topic considered futile by many other players, but, of course, this post must be pinned/sticky.

• Like 1

Greetings fellow Day Z Players. Until now, I've been a lurker. Reading stories, taking in all the experience of my fellow players. Last night I was reading this thread and I was excited to go out and explore some of these instances. I have one friend who I play this game with religiously almost. We'll call her Melanie. Tonight before our nightly Day Z session I discussed the content of this thread and how exciting the possibilities of finding some of this stuff would be!

What follows is my account of a night I will never forget. All the events described in this post are true and I wouldn't call myself a religious man but I swear to whatever higher being out there that it has made me look at Day Z in a different light.

We started playing at about 8:13 PST, it was slightly light out still and we decided to head to Green Mountain. I never knew about Green Mountain nor have I ever come across it. The area itself did not seem so bad. Melanie and I were startled by a few sudden Zed spawns that appeared out of what seemed to be a military building, other than that everything didn't seem out of place. We explored the tower and the area and didn't find anything of value. On our way out, we see a tent has suddenly popped up, now the thing is the sever was empty. We thought no big deal right? Suddenly we heard a little girls voice and then we noticed sudden movments in the shadows of the buiildings. We deicded it was a bit too creepy and we left the server.

After that experience we decided instead to go snipe Elektro. We we're there for a while, chatting moslty about things I read in the thread in order to pass the time. I told her about the Stalisky Island and the events described there and also about a "Hatchet" man and sasquatch. We laughed a bit over how absurd some of these things sounded like. Some time passed and we heard some strange noises. It sounded like zombies but we were a good 500 meters and in the woods. Suddenly it hapened I heard a little girl again. I frantically was asking Melanie if she heard the music. She said no, but after what seemed like an eternity she said she did. I unzoomed my M24 and started scanning the area, all the while the sound got louder. We both panicked a bit. Suddenly I turned my view back to the left to restart my scan and there he was; a man covered in blood with an axe. I screamed at Melanie to fire but the bullets didnt seem to phase the man. We decided that bullets were not stopping him so we tried to run. We eventually lost him by splitting up in Elektro and then decided to try another server.

After finding a semi full server we met back up and started our routine. We disscussed the weird events and what was going on. Everything seemed to be going ok.Then, siddenly it happened again we heard the little girl laughing or what semmed like giggling and suddenly we were dead. We didn't know what happened. We just, died. We lost a llot of decent gear but we were more concerned with the creepy/strange events. We decided to go back to our home server, not many people were on so it seemed like a good time to try and spend the rest of the night scavenging in preperation for tommorow.

We were safe, or so we thought. I spawned in the debug forrest. While trying to find my way out I kept hearing the little girl and would occasionally have what seemed like pistol rounds fired at me. I eventually died of thirst/hunger and spawned in Elektro and scavanged a bit. We made our way to our camp (we have a truck and some tents nothing amazing). after scavenging some supplies getting ready to callit a night. Suddenly as we apreach, we see the truck is on, and the lights are on. Melanie asks me if I had used the truck and forgot to turn it off. I told her no I havent touched the car other than storing some medical supplies and food in it. We think its creepy. At this point she is carrying an AK with a few clips and I'm carrying a revolver with no ammo and some flares I used to make my way around while scavenging at night. Then as we approach the car we see man in a ghillie suit. he looks at us and we hear what sounds like the door opening and shut (the sound it makes when you exit/enter the truck) and the man dissapears. Suddenly we run since we're freaked out since we're not well armed. As we run, we stop and figure we can take him. She hands me her pistol and we decide to out flank him. After all, he found our camp. We need to kill him and move our camp melanie said. I agreed. Suddenly we see a man in the distance again and he vanishes. We hear pistol shots being taken at us but none of them are landing. I tell Melanie this is what happened to me in the debug forest. After what seemed like an eternity we get the courage to try and make it to the truck to leave. As we aproach it we see a man in the passenger side. He looks at us and we hear a voice that says "You're going to die here". I told Melanie im taking the shot, shot through the windows and he slumps over.

After discussing how to get his body out to maybe loot it and what we need to repair the truck the Truck magically repairs itself in front of our eyes the man then stands up again and repeats; "I told you, you're going to die". It's at that point that we freaked out, and ran. We abandoned our camp. We spoke on vent and tried to figure out what was happening. Tonight was weird, we seemed to have been followed. it felt like a poltergeist and the series of strange events obviously seem to have been aimed at scaring us.

Well they did and now a warning to you my friends; STAY AWAY FROM GREEN MOUNTAIN. Whatever spirit, or thing is there it followed us. And it followed us across servers and it eventually followed us into our home. We lost our gear, our home and our sense of any safety we have. Nothing works against this. Not bullets, not server hopping. Not hiding, not running.

Once it finds you, it will stay with you. We fear we have done something that can no longer be undone.

What a horrible night to have a curse indeed.

Edited by Hattori Hanzo
  • Like 4

Finally had a chance to read this thread. Awesome stuff..

Your senses are the best thing for this game and introducing such subtle things to this game like everything mentioned can really make Dayz an experience.

Love it!

Edited by opeth

should be going to green mountain at night pretty soon with a group of friends... we finally got ahold of some NVG's :D

Edited by jarshie

There's a legend in these mountains of a killer, inhuman, insane. If you so much as whisper his name, he will appear, and if he appears, he'll be the last thing you'll ever see