DemonGroover

Day Z Urban Legends

I noticed another similarity among some of the stories that have been posted here: the presence of mysterious "guardian angels/admin" who help injured survivors or break down zombies for them.

(I have found only sociopathic killers who were desirous of my flashlight, apparently.)

Unfortunately we have no evidence that this really happened.

A member of my team has found a boat, as soon as we get together we want to move towards Sikorsky Island to investigate.

• Like 1

This happend me 5 mins ago. (and sorry for my english)

I was in the forest, and saw a Deer stand. I climbed up the ladder and saw a red flare 20 meters away on the field. I was a little scared because a player could have thrown it a few minutes ago. So I climbed the ladder down and headin to north-west to another Deer Stand.

I killed some zombies and suddenly I heard "sssssh" behind me and than a red flare flew over me. I turned around but I saw nothing. Then I logged of instantly.

That was creepy

Are you sure you wasnt lagging or he wasnt?

Did you hear the one about the player with the broken leg? My brother's friend's sisters's mates' uncle said there is a player who either pretends or has a broken leg and so goes around crawling everywhere asking anyone for help. The moment someone comes to help and begins administering morphine the bastard drops a grenade at their feet and blows them both up.

True story.

• Like 7

Did you hear the one about the player with the broken leg? My brother's friend's sisters's mates' uncle said there is a player who either pretends or has a broken leg and so goes around crawling everywhere asking anyone for help. The moment someone comes to help and begins administering morphine the bastard drops a grenade at their feet and blows them both up.

True story.

Not really a "Urban Legend", but hardcore enough.

Anyway, my story is a mere oddity, probably a player that was trolling me, and happened last week while I was crawling in Cherno.

My goal was not to be found by a group of three bandits from which I escaped just before in the surrounding countryside.

I was crawling in a plot of land surrounded by some walls inside which there was built anything, just grass and a couple of trees.

I was sneaking inside this area when suddenly I heard a noise like the wind, but darker (The pitch looked down an octave, if you know what I mean).

II looked around and did not see anything strange, so I continued to crawl.

When I passed more or less half of the area that I described above i heard a deep whisper: "Ahhhhhh... Right Behind You!".

I literally shit my pants (was the day that before starting to play I read this topic) and I turned and looked around immediately. Nobody was there.

I continued to crawl very cautiously for a few seconds until I heard it again, this time louder.

The strange thing for me at that moment was that, normally, with the logitech g35 (My headset) in 7.1 I clearly hear where the sounds comes from around me, but that seemed to come from all parts, not from a specific point.

Without thinking twice I stood up and started to run out of Cherno to get Cap Golova and the meeting with my friends.

Said that, why is not this topic sticky at the bottom of General Discussion Forum?

• Like 1

Not really a "Urban Legend", but hardcore enough.

Anyway, my story is a mere oddity, probably a player that was trolling me, and happened last week while I was crawling in Cherno.

My goal was not to be found by a group of three bandits from which I escaped just before in the surrounding countryside.

I was crawling in a plot of land surrounded by some walls inside which there was built anything, just grass and a couple of trees.

I was sneaking inside this area when suddenly I heard a noise like the wind, but darker (The pitch looked down an octave, if you know what I mean).

II looked around and did not see anything strange, so I continued to crawl.

When I passed more or less half of the area that I described above i heard a deep whisper: "Ahhhhhh... Right Behind You!".

I literally shit my pants (was the day that before starting to play I read this topic) and I turned and looked around immediately. Nobody was there.

I continued to crawl very cautiously for a few seconds until I heard it again, this time louder.

The strange thing for me at that moment was that, normally, with the logitech g35 (My headset) in 7.1 I clearly hear where the sounds comes from around me, but that seemed to come from all parts, not from a specific point.

Without thinking twice I stood up and started to run out of Cherno to get Cap Golova and the meeting with my friends.

Said that, why is not this topic sticky at the bottom of General Discussion Forum?

Global chat.

-MONSTER

After finally getting my hands on some NVG, I decided to play on a nightserver. Servertime was about 2AM when I logged in and went

north to Msta on my long journey to find a M9SD on a Deerstand (not finding one since 5 days of survival).

After going through the barn I went into the only open house in Msta to look for some bandages, when I see a survivor standing on the

road outside the house. 8 slot Coyote, flashlight in hand (not acitvated), hatchet on his back. I was kind of shocked to see

someone up there (there were like 4 people on the server).

After deciding not to shoot him I tried to communicate with him over the general chat, no response.

Strange thing was that the Zs ignored him and he was just standing there, doing nothing. I tried to signal him with my G17 flashlight

and even shot some Zs that were near him, still no reaction.

My next idea was to check his pack for some bandages, can't shoot that poor guy in the middle of the night. While I was

approaching him, his head turned to me and he opened his mouth (it was pitch black, I coulnd't even tell which side is up and which

is down without my NVG). While I tried to open his pack he started bleeding out of his eyes and when I finally opened the backpack

the flies started buzzing and I realized that this guy was dying infront of my eyes (no PlayerXYZ was killed message).

After checking his vital signs only to confirm that he died, I checked his inventory, he only had one item on him (besides the

hatchet and the flashlight), a can of Frank and Beans (I'm sure it is cursed that is why I'm keeping it), I took it and ran for the hills.

PS: Nightservers are creepy as hell

• Like 7

Are you sure you wasnt lagging or he wasnt?

Ive had a normal ping and no red "chain" so I dont think so. It was just like somebody was behind me, throwing a red flare over my head

I'm pretty new to DayZ stuff, but anyways...

There we were, three guys investigating gunshots in eastern Cherno. The more experienced friend said that he goes to hospital roof to see if there's anything and me and my other buddy just waited there with our binoculars, when I suddenly had a feeling I should turn around... And there was this guy with aviator glasses and mustache, proned position and doing nothing, no weapon in hand, just about 3 meters from me and my buddy. Then he just disappeared into thin air while I looked at him for just about 2-3 seconds. First creepy event for me.

Hi guys..And girls.

I'm totally new to Day Z and just started playing it.

Have got a better grip on how to play this game and went on a rather long walk just now.

I spawned in the down left corner at the map and made my way all the way up along the map limit to the left.

I saw this huge tower in the distance and started to proceed towards that tower.

Got my self a Winchester rifle at a barn not long away from Green Mountain (Didn't know the name before I managed to search it up)

I sneaked my way up towards the tower. Through the Forrest and ended up next to the buildings fence.

I proceeded along the fence so i circled the tower one time before i managed to find the entrance in to the area.

Right before i found the entrance i found one dead "survivor". I looted some pretty sweet gear from him and in true Splinter Cell style i sneaked in to the tower area.

That's when all the fu**d up stuff happen. No enemies around and just the sound of dead body's and flies. No zombies or anything. Just total silence.

Suddenly this major burst of blood comes out of my chars neck. No sound or anything. I have heard silencer and that make the "thump" sound when the bullet hits target. This didn't make any sound.

I though I was shoot so i panic and get my self to cover. I was so stressed (IRL) that i forgot to bandage myself and just started to look after someone close by.

So now my blood level was down to 3000 before i managed to bandage myself. Then I started to proceed towards the entrance to the tower (The Door). When i'm like 3 - 4 meters away my bones crack in i fall to the ground.

If that wasn't enough i started to bleed again -_-

I patched myself up and crawled out of there (have no cure for broken bones)

Never ever going up there.

Don't care if anyone believe me or not.

Try and see yourself...Double dare you.

Sorry for my bad writing...NorwegianNoob = mepost-69730-0-68483600-1343267575_thumb.j

Edited by Whitesp0t
  • Like 4

Another story on the dreaded green mountain!

In a few months GM will be the perfect place to base camp, no player ever to approach that hunted place. xD

Just kidding, although I have not visited this place yet your stories are quite illustrative of the nature of that location.

The rumors that say the infection started from there have some truth, in your opinion?

[...]

[...]

Shouldn't you have gone to clean up?

• Like 1

Me too, there just seems to be something creepy about Green Mountain. Maybe it is all the dead soldiers or the fact that for the size of the place i never find anything worthwhile and just want to get the hell out.

GM is damn creepy, the silence, the setting, I don't know... And thanks to this thread its even more creepy :D

I report this post i've just read on the "Green Mountain..." thread.

Posted by son54:

Green mountain

There is a reason why we didn't go there. Our frequent commute for supplies to Zelenogorsk or picking squadmates in places like Rogovo, the mountain was never out of sight. If you knew where to look, the tip of the tower was always visible in good weather, but just barely.

One day we have 3 newbies running north from a poke into Balota airfeild with no luck. A senior member of our team was supposed to meet the three at a road leading north towards our camp. They made a mistake and ran up the small road into the forrest covered hill. The person responsible with meeting up with them changed course to intercept in the woods surrounding Green Mountain. About 5 minutes of no action somebody mumbles something and then everyone goes quiet.

The skype call drops.

I sigh and begin trying to connect us all back into group call. Nobody joins back at first.

Icyjoe was killed

What the hell? That was one of the newbies. Finally the other two newbies reconnect to the skype call and being screaming something not understandable. I got that they were being shot at/being chased. I tell them to calm down and try to spot the shooter.

Wingman was killed

I start asking for the position of the person meant to meet up with them in the first place and I realize he never rejoined the call.

StrangerB was killed

*sigh*

I finally get understandable words out of the young newbies. They explained they lost sight of each other after running into the woods and were hunted at a time. The guide was not at the meeting point.

I realized then.

There was no death message for the guide

He is still out there.

He no longer answers skype and has no more communication with anyone.

What I and then the leader of the clan wanted to know.

What exactly happened on Green Mountain

-------------Based on actual events of last weekend---------------

• Like 7

Just went through and read this entire thread and it was fantastic. Such great and creepy stories. Don't know what is real and what is not and I think it only makes the game better. All I know is, if half of these things ever happened to me, pants would be soiled lol

Not sure when it can happen but i think we need a big squad to check out Green Mountain, preferably at night. I meant to do it before but Real Life got in the way.

• Like 1

Not sure when it can happen but i think we need a big squad to check out Green Mountain, preferably at night. I meant to do it before but Real Life got in the way.

Oki, guys, i'm in (ping allowing).

Now explain me what you intend for "big". : D

I have a feature of this game that can scary the living daylights out of you. Not much of a urban legend tho.

Anyone play with 7.1 surround sound. I do (Logitech G930)

The game will often make random noises, and they can be heard faintly. But if you hold still...

I have heard gunshots (really faint), footsteps, zed moans (Not near any), and vehicle sounds.

Whats more interesting is how the weather effects it. A good faint rumble will have you thinking your being shot at. And the rain magnifies the sound to be so much more scary.

Finally, a few times, notably a few hours ago. Im camping stary with my friend on the other side of it. (Im on south). WE get bored for another friend to meet us so we start taking pop shots with are DMRs. He fires and i hear right next to me a bullet hit. I call to him if he shot near me. he says he did not. no one else was around...

If your bored and want to be scared, turn your sound up and listen to the background sounds.

Edited by Alcatraz968
  • Like 1

I've got a chilling story that will haunt you for the rest of your day....z. =P

It all started back when I first started playing a few weeks ago. I was new, barely knew the controls, but had already learned to be wary of players. And after my first time through cherno, is when this all began. I was creeping through town, only had a revolver a this point, but out of the corner of my eye I saw a zombie magically appear. At first i figured it had just spawned and whatnot, but even though I was prone and roughly 30m away, It immidiately dropped to all fours and came charging at me. I panicked, and fired off an entire 6 rounds into this bastard before he dropped. And then I noticed something truly strange especially for cherno - it was dead quiet. No sound of gunshots, no guttural growls of zombies, nothing but ambience. So I reload my weapon, and go up the zombie I just deadchecked to loot it. And it started attacking me and broke my leg. My heart was racing and all I could think was "IT WAS DEAD, I KILLED IT" and I crawled away in horror, dragging my body through the middle of the street as right behind me i could hear "skritch. skritch. GNAWR. skritch"

Every time I thought I had enough distance to fire I would turn around and shoot that thing... and it would stop moving for a little while, but then it would resume it's crawl towards me. I was terrified at this point, and out of ammo so as i continued to crawl away in utter terror at this undying monstrosity I decided to end my life and respawn as I had no morphine or bandages and was beginning to bleed out. Upon respawning, and for almost an hour afterwards I could only sigh with relief that the nightmare was over, it was done. And then it happened. It seems that no-matter where in chernarus I go, and always at random intervals I see it. That THING. It appears before me, growls, or screetches, or screams, and my speakers tell me its coming from not just one, but all directions, and then dissappears. I've died many a time since then, but the spectre of my past still haunts me. What it desires of me I know not, but I am haunted to this day and occasionally it stil appears before me.... taunting me with it's undying rage and hatred. Did it feel cheated that I took my own life the first time and from then on would never stop tormenting me? Or is it after my very soul, I cannot possibly fathom.

• Like 13

I tried to browse Green Mountain (Daylight, I know...). That zombie horde that spawns is such a pain in the ass. Accidentally died trying to get to the tower, cause I crawled around the entire fence, just to run face first into a squad of zombies as they were going around both sides of the fence :\ Only go to the tower if you got a big group lol

Okay, I a story for you, fellow readers. Happened to me on a french server, i can't remember the number. It was veteran with crosshair and third person view.

So I was playing DayZ like i normally did before. It was a good run, playing on the same character for about 3-4 hours, got Lee Enfield and M1911 (before it was nerfed with latest patch). But I didn't happen to find a map, so only with compass i tried to make my way to Cherno. I spawned in Elektro, headed a bit North, up the mountain. So I start to walk southwest of my current direction. Suddenly i ran into a small village, with some standard houses and church. I didn't take look on name of that village, as i was only bypassing it. Normal town - some houses with loot, some zombies walking around. Nothing unusual. But then i head to the church, hoping i can find something good in it. As i walk to the doors, they are closed. I can't get in. "What the heck? It looks just like the one i walked in before" I said to myself. A little confused, I went behind the church to continue my journey to Cherno. What i saw was a little strange. A huge field, with only grass, no bushes or anything, pretty flat terrain. And a priest. I saw zombie priests before, so it wasn't so strange at first. But after a few moments looking at him, something didn't look right. He wasn't acting like a zombie. It looked like he was... taking a walk, or someting. Just walking a few meters in one direction, taking a look at the field, and walking again. But he wasn't walking like a zombie. More like a very slow human, admiring nature on his way. It kinda freaked me out, so i snapped out, took out my Enfield, and shoot the bastard in head. Of course he collapsed and died, but it wasn't a normal zombie-die-sound. It was more like a deep "oohh" scream. I went closer to look on his dead body. Nothing unusual again - just a dead zombie priest. Standard loot - a can of sardines. So, taking a deep breath, I continued my journey through the field to the forest. As i walked in the forest, I heard gunshots, so i layed as fast as i could on the ground, and I looked behind me. Here he was again. The priest. No other person, who could shoot. I looked at him with my binoculars. He was walking again the same way. "Propably respawned" I thought. But the body of the priest I shoot before was not there. And the one walking now was covered in blood. And he wasn't walking like a human anymore. He was walking like a zombie now, but with a strange, short twitching every now and then. It totally freaked me out, so i shot him again. He died again, but the sound was diffirent again. It was like a groan. I walked to the dead body to loot it. Again, can of sardines. But when i picked them up something strange happened. The back wall of the church collapsed, like under explosion. "Lucky me!" i said without thinking, as i ran into the church. Normal church, like the other ones, with loot around the walls. Nothing worth taking here - some food, drinks, and ammo for Makarov. But in one corner there was something bigger. I went closer to take a look. It was a AKM laying there, with some ammo. "Again, lucky me!" i said in joy. I took it and continued to scavange the church. But suddenly, my character falled down, and died. No bullets heard. -42000 blood. I was like "WHAT THE HELL!? Did some faggot just snipe me!?". I almost rage quitted instantly, but before the You Are Dead screen, the last thing i saw was the priest, devouring my dead body.

Hope you liked it, if something like this happens to me again, I'll be sure to write you about it. ^^

Oh, and sorry for my English, it's not my native language. ^^'

• Like 13

Okay, I a story for you, fellow readers. Happened to me on a french server, i can't remember the number. It was veteran with crosshair and third person view.

So I was playing DayZ like i normally did before. It was a good run, playing on the same character for about 3-4 hours, got Lee Enfield and M1911 (before it was nerfed with latest patch). But I didn't happen to find a map, so only with compass i tried to make my way to Cherno. I spawned in Elektro, headed a bit North, up the mountain. So I start to walk southwest of my current direction. Suddenly i ran into a small village, with some standard houses and church. I didn't take look on name of that village, as i was only bypassing it. Normal town - some houses with loot, some zombies walking around. Nothing unusual. But then i head to the church, hoping i can find something good in it. As i walk to the doors, they are closed. I can't get in. "What the heck? It looks just like the one i walked in before" I said to myself. A little confused, I went behind the church to continue my journey to Cherno. What i saw was a little strange. A huge field, with only grass, no bushes or anything, pretty flat terrain. And a priest. I saw zombie priests before, so it wasn't so strange at first. But after a few moments looking at him, something didn't look right. He wasn't acting like a zombie. It looked like he was... taking a walk, or someting. Just walking a few meters in one direction, taking a look at the field, and walking again. But he wasn't walking like a zombie. More like a very slow human, admiring nature on his way. It kinda freaked me out, so i snapped out, took out my Enfield, and shoot the bastard in head. Of course he collapsed and died, but it wasn't a normal zombie-die-sound. It was more like a deep "oohh" scream. I went closer to look on his dead body. Nothing unusual again - just a dead zombie priest. Standard loot - a can of sardines. So, taking a deep breath, I continued my journey through the field to the forest. As i walked in the forest, I heard gunshots, so i layed as fast as i could on the ground, and I looked behind me. Here he was again. The priest. No other person, who could shoot. I looked at him with my binoculars. He was walking again the same way. "Propably respawned" I thought. But the body of the priest I shoot before was not there. And the one walking now was covered in blood. And he wasn't walking like a human anymore. He was walking like a zombie now, but with a strange, short twitching every now and then. It totally freaked me out, so i shot him again. He died again, but the sound was diffirent again. It was like a groan. I walked to the dead body to loot it. Again, can of sardines. But when i picked them up something strange happened. The back wall of the church collapsed, like under explosion. "Lucky me!" i said without thinking, as i ran into the church. Normal church, like the other ones, with loot around the walls. Nothing worth taking here - some food, drinks, and ammo for Makarov. But in one corner there was something bigger. I went closer to take a look. It was a AKM laying there, with some ammo. "Again, lucky me!" i said in joy. I took it and continued to scavange the church. But suddenly, my character falled down, and died. No bullets heard. -42000 blood. I was like "WHAT THE HELL!? Did some faggot just snipe me!?". I almost rage quitted instantly, but before the You Are Dead screen, the last thing i saw was the priest, devouring my dead body.

Hope you liked it, if something like this happens to me again, I'll be sure to write you about it. ^^

Oh, and sorry for my English, it's not my native language. ^^'

Nice one. And even though i am Australian your English is better than mine!