DemonGroover

Day Z Urban Legends

After several days of repeated looting of the Airfeild and/or Stary, me and my two other friends decide to make a camp north.

Whilst looking for points of interest someone claims to have been to the Misty Peak and had said it was a good place,

so we decided to head for it and establish a base camp.. and after a long trek through the wilderness we arrive at it's base.

Looking up toward the misty peak we can't even see the top, for near midway (I assume) thick fog cut it off.

The path up the mountain was long an steep, like a spiral moving about the mountain, and when we got far up we looked down and couldn't see the ground.

Shortly after in game we heard this loud screeching, and looked up to see a figure moving about.

We readied our guns because we thought this was just another player screwing around with us but all was not well.

Reaching the summit with no more encounters of this entity we chill and talk and forget about that strange occurrence.

about 10 minutes after we made a campfire we heard it again except this time it was closer.. A lot closer.

To our left on the very edge of the mountain was this shape in the darkness and as we stand up and prepare to fire it leaps from the mountain.

We look over the cliff and all we see is a hawk flying away.

• Like 1

There's no really substantial reason to believe in ghosts or Bigfoot (that I'm aware of) but I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss God...

Why not? There's no evidence for him, so why are you not as quick to dismiss God as you are Bigfoot?

...there are many things that make a universe without a creator of some kind implausible.

Like what? If you say ANYTHING about the eye I'm going to punch you :P

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." - Tim Minchin

• Like 3

Why not? There's no evidence for him, so why are you not as quick to dismiss God as you are Bigfoot?

This is actually a very misleading statement, and I question whether you know what the definition of evidence is or not. Evidence does not mean solid proof, evidence means, "The available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid." Clearly, by that definition, we can determine that evidence only means something that suggests a certain proposition is true. You know how when you're watching all of those crime T.V. shows, and they're dealing with the law, evidence can be anything and everything that supports a proposition? Witness testimony is a form of evidence -- this is because evidence is a broad term that applies to a range of things.

The arguments that true infinities are implausible, and as such the universe did have a definitive beginning; the simple question of "why something, rather than nothing?"; the fundamental physical constants are set to such a narrow range that if they were changed in minor amounts the universe would be totally inhospitable to life; the list goes on and on and on (I have about 12 more by rough estimation in mind). There are many reasons to believe in a God, one shouldn't simply dismiss the possibility of any evidence existing.

Like what? If you say ANYTHING about the eye I'm going to punch you :P

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." - Tim Minchin

If I were you, I would've used one with some substance and wit, such as, "In the beginning, man created God.". Of course, neither quote is relevant to discovering what the *truth* is, they're only used to insult the other side of the argument. There's plenty of evidence and reason to believe in a God, but there is also plenty of evidence and reason to not believe in a God. To have faith and absolute faith are two entirely different things. Faith on its own, is not an inherently negative or close-minded thing. It can be both, but only in the case of absolute faith (which many theists do have admittedly).

“Atheism is so senseless. When I look at the solar system. I see the earth at the right distance from the sun to receive the proper amounts of heat and light. This did not happen by chance." -Sir Isaac Newton

Cute quotes, that they are, but both irrelevant. Plenty of theists, in spite of their faith, are open to reason. What I find really funny, is that many theists admit that they're close-minded... yet atheists who are obsessed with being open-minded are entirely close-minded to the idea of any God existing.

Tl;dr: Don't dismiss the possibility of evidence supporting a certain proposition. This is not the place to have a religious debate, so please, let's not try to insult other people's beliefs.

Edited by Brad_B
  • Like 4

Probably not true, seeing how every ICP fan is mentally retarded.

Every one that I've known was. And I've met quite a few. They all seemed to be missing a few screws. But you can say that for other bands too. Like Slipknot.

I guess this thread too is getting ruined by idiots & people taking shit way too seriously.

• Like 11

Anyway - back on point.

Have you heard about the group of players that picks up people on a bus and takes them to a camp where they make them duel to the death inside a barbed wired arena?

The winner can either join the group or be let go with a gift.

This is actually a true story and has video evidence - are there any more groups of people out there doing some weird stuff? Stories anyone?

• Like 7

Anyway - back on point.

Have you heard about the group of players that picks up people on a bus and takes them to a camp where they make them duel to the death inside a barbed wired arena?

The winner can either join the group or be let go with a gift.

This is actually a true story and has video evidence - are there any more groups of people out there doing some weird stuff? Stories anyone?

Where's the video? :o I wanna see!

Precisely! Leave God and other childrens fairytale characters out of this thread please.

So what about that Bum-fights Day-z style vid?

first time poster, don't know what if this is weird coincidence or what, but this happened to me like 3 days ago.

I was a fresh spawn and was trying to loot some small towns. I attracted some zombies so I ran for the hill. I kept running towards the steep hill and by the time I got on top I escaped. The top of the hill is like a never ending field where I was trying to find a way back down to civilizations. There were no trees no nothing, just green grass. I ran for maybe 15-20 min and I still couldn't find a downhill slope. I thought I probably got glitched or something. Without food and water I decided to log off because I was getting bored. So after a while I logged back in and the server was in night time. It was pitch dark and I saw 2 lights in front of me. I also heard the engine noise that sounded like a jeep. I put my crosshair on and it was a car that parked right in front of me. I was like what the hell I am gonna starve to death anyway so I got into the passenger seat hopefully the guy would take me with him. I couldn't see a thing inside and suddenly I got shot in the face and died.

It felt really weird because I was in the middle of nowhere up on the hill and just so happened a jeep parked right in front of me when I spawned in the dark. It felt like some scary movies where that the killer is waiting for me to get in then murder me.

• Like 6

That was really cool! Thanks for sharing. I love these little weird things that happen in the game. Dr. Wasteland, Freeside trading, people abductions, homicidal maniacs with hatchets. xD This game is so meta.

One night as I was going past Devils Castle, I see a strange glowing light at the top. I stop my car and turn off the engine. I get out and head up the mountain. About half way up I start hearing the flies, it sounds like thousands of them. I turn on my flashlight to see a body at my feet, a survivor. I think to myself, "Oh this is where the flies are coming from, but I could swear that this sounds like there is a lot more flies than usual for one body. I loot the body only to find a flashlight, a bandage, and a can of beans. "That's weird," I think to myself, "That's exactly what I have on me."

I leave the stuff as I have plenty in my car and start heading farther up, only to come across another body with the exact same things. I keep on heading up the mountain, thinking that this cant get any weirder.

As I start to reach the top the flies get even louder and louder. I have to turn down my volume it is getting so loud. I keep seeing more and more bodies as I reach the top, all with the same things I have on me.

I reach the top and realize that it is a campfire, but with dozens of bodies piled on top of each other in a circle around the fire. I look at what is on the bodies, still the same thing. Scared out of my mind I say over mic chat, "Is anyone hear?" But I don't get an answer. I reach the fire only to hear a low growl. I could not figure out what direction it came from so I did a total 360 degree turn with my flashlight. I don't see anything so I look back towards the fire one last time. I turn around to head back down to my car, only to be staring face to face with a hatchet wielding half zombie half man. Frozen in fear, I do nothing. It swings it's hatchet and I fall over unconscious, bleeding, facing down the mountain. About half way up the mountain I see a flashlight of a survivor flicker on as I become just another body in the pile.

I will never go back there ever again after this...

• Like 7

I got a good one, Happened last night.Me and 2 good friends of mine joined a small server with like 5 players. Were not in the mood for some PVP so we decided to chill and explore the nice map. We all met up after just 15 minutes and thanks to good luck we found a UAZ that was in perfect condition. So we are all happy and its sunrise outside so its not that dark but not perfectly light. We go driving around chilling in the UAZ having fun when all of a sudden, the incident starts

The UAZ just stops, everything in red condition. We were mad and surprised. Why would our car randomly break down. That when something appeared on direct chat.

похвалили: Даже если я пойду и долиной смертной тени, не убоюсь зла, потому что ты со мной.

This was said in direct chat and scared the crap out of us. We turned around and looked at our surrounding but nothing was there. Except for a mountain in the distance.....Green mountain. My friend with us (chek chak) translated it for us. It was quote from the bible saying Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me`` This chat was repeated every 60 seconds for 5 minutes of us searching our surroundings. No one in the game had that name which creaped us out even more. We slowly walked to green mountain. Then we saw somethings moving

. 4 guys slowly walking to green mountain a bit in front of us. We followed them but they didn't seem to be hostile and had their weapons lowered so we got up close. That is when we saw it. the four guys.....was us, it was a duplicate of us with one other guy. The random guy disappeared and had the name of BennyShow. While the 3 remaining was frostwolf (me), thatguy and Chek Chak (my two friends). They walked calmly up to the center of green mountain. We watched as the 3 stoped in the center. We were amazed at this. We had no Idea what was going on. The chat open once again with:

thatguy: Господи, пожалуйста, прости меня за то, что я собираюсь делать

.Chek: WTF where did you learn to speak russian, i thought I was the only one here XD

thatguy: I did not say it.....

frost; the fuck is going on

Chek: it says lord please forgive me for what I am about to do.

That is when the duplicate of thatguy, shot my duplicate and cheks duplicate and vanished.we stood there in amazement at what just happened, both dead bodies had our gear, they were our bodies. Thats when the chat opens and shit really hits the fan

Thatguy: wtf i am unconscious

frost; no your looking at us and just moved a bit

Check; yea your fine

Thatguy; nope Im down

Thatguy: Господи, пожалуйста, прости меня за то, что я собираюсь делать.

Check: wtf

Thatguy; I didnt type that in a swear, it wasnt me.

Thats when Thatguy shot me and Check and we died instantly. The only possible thing was that thatguy lost control over his character and his character killed both of us just like the 3 doubles of us, just like the other thatguy killed the other 2.Thatguy later told me that before disconnecting something appeared on the center of the screen best discribed as the taskbar for regular arma 2 (like when you suceed a mission) His said: жертвовать: complete Thats the story guys, I will never know who took over my friends body or who those 3 clones were. We will never know why my friends shot us just like we just witnessed it was like we were seeing the future. We will never know why there was Russian bible quotes and what they had to do with all of this. we will never know why our car randomly broke down or why my friend completed this objective

Edited by xX_fr0st-w0lf_Xx
  • Like 27

My mate was playing for the first time, spawned near Kamenka. I was north, headed down to meet him. Whilst I was heading down, I heard the Titantic theme song coming through my speakers from my friend's game. He was being chased by an axe-weilding maniac blasting Celine Dion through direct chat. Very freaky, but utterly hilarious at the same time.

• Like 11

Has Day Z produced any of its own Urban Legends yet? You know stories you have heard via a friend of a friend's brother, but cant be confirmed with video or screenshots (because the person was too afraid...)

How about this one (which may or may not be true - thats the beauty of Urban myths), thanks to DietTaco

There is a story that I saw about a survivor finding a small light in the middle of the woods. It was a dark night and he followed the light until he saw a camp fire. Around it, he saw two bandits carrying hatchets, circling the fire, chanting strange words he could not understand. He watched as they dragged an unlucky sob around the fire, blood spewing out of his neck. As he finally regained conciousness he yelled out into direct chat, "JUST KILL ME DAMNIT!" They hatcheted him again to put him back into unconciousness. He obviously had his legs broken and couldn't escape, but he strangely maintained his life.

The survivor neared, unfortunately with no weapon, and saw the deadly truth: they were blood packing the victim, over and over and over again... At last, for one final time, the victim regained conciousness and killed himself by respawning, the sound of flies emerging at last.

The bandits then turned towards the darkest depths of the woods and said, "you're next."

A great story! Is it true? I would love to see proof.

Any more out there?

Anyone turned around in the forest and seen Slender Man?

Anyone who knows who Slender Man is will now stay out of the forest at night.

My mate was playing for the first time, spawned near Kamenka. I was north, headed down to meet him. Whilst I was heading down, I heard the Titantic theme song coming through my speakers from my friend's game. He was being chased by an axe-weilding maniac blasting Celine Dion through direct chat. Very freaky, but utterly hilarious at the same time.

Lmao, I would let him have my things for doing that.

• Like 2

Anyone turned around in the forest and seen Slender Man?

Anyone who knows who Slender Man is will now stay out of the forest at night.

That was my thought exactly when I was playing on a nighttime server yesterday. F***ing Slenderman...

I got a good one, Happened last night.Me and 2 good friends of mine joined a small server with like 5 players. Were not in the mood for some PVP so we decided to chill and explore the nice map. We all met up after just 15 minutes and thanks to good luck we found a UAZ that was in perfect condition. So we are all happy and its sunrise outside so its not that dark but not perfectly light. We go driving around chilling in the UAZ having fun when all of a sudden, the incident starts

The UAZ just stops, everything in red condition. We were mad and surprised. Why would our car randomly break down. That when something appeared on direct chat.

похвалили: Даже если я пойду и долиной смертной тени, не убоюсь зла, потому что ты со мной.

This was said in direct chat and scared the crap out of us. We turned around and looked at our surrounding but nothing was there. Except for a mountain in the distance.....Green mountain. My friend with us (chek chak) translated it for us. It was quote from the bible saying Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me`` This chat was repeated every 60 seconds for 5 minutes of us searching our surroundings. No one in the game had that name which creaped us out even more. We slowly walked to green mountain. Then we saw somethings moving

. 4 guys slowly walking to green mountain a bit in front of us. We followed them but they didn't seem to be hostile and had their weapons lowered so we got up close. That is when we saw it. the four guys.....was us, it was a duplicate of us with one other guy. The random guy disappeared and had the name of BennyShow. While the 3 remaining was frostwolf (me), thatguy and Chek Chak (my two friends). They walked calmly up to the center of green mountain. We watched as the 3 stoped in the center. We were amazed at this. We had no Idea what was going on. The chat open once again with:

thatguy: Господи, пожалуйста, прости меня за то, что я собираюсь делать

.Chek: WTF where did you learn to speak russian, i thought I was the only one here XD

thatguy: I did not say it.....

frost; the fuck is going on

Chek: it says lord please forgive me for what I am about to do.

That is when the duplicate of thatguy, shot my duplicate and cheks duplicate and vanished.we stood there in amazement at what just happened, both dead bodies had our gear, they were our bodies. Thats when the chat opens and shit really hits the fan

Thatguy: wtf i am unconscious

frost; no your looking at us and just moved a bit

Check; yea your fine

Thatguy; nope Im down

Thatguy: Господи, пожалуйста, прости меня за то, что я собираюсь делать.

Check: wtf

Thatguy; I didnt type that in a swear, it wasnt me.

Thats when Thatguy shot me and Check and we died instantly. The only possible thing was that thatguy lost control over his character and his character killed both of us just like the 3 doubles of us, just like the other thatguy killed the other 2.Thatguy later told me that before disconnecting something appeared on the center of the screen best discribed as the taskbar for regular arma 2 (like when you suceed a mission) His said: жертвовать: complete Thats the story guys, I will never know who took over my friends body or who those 3 clones were. We will never know why my friends shot us just like we just witnessed it was like we were seeing the future. We will never know why there was Russian bible quotes and what they had to do with all of this. we will never know why our car randomly broke down or why my friend completed this objective

Hard to believe, but it's a wonderful story, bro!

I had been making my way to the NWAF in a path I took going through zelenogorsk. I was already a bit nervous, because i usually don't take this route, and night was nearing. So I kept going and once I past zelenogorsk I started hearing footsteps. So I turned around and decided to wait for the person making those steps and decided it would be best to kill them now before the light was completely gone I waited for about five minutes but no one came. I decided whoever was stepping was gone now. But they weren't. Soon after I went on my way I starting hearing foosteps again. So I said in direct

"anyone there"

No response

So I kept going thinking I was hearing things. I considered aborting since I was practically shitting my pants, but I didn't because I was having connection problems all day and this server was working fine. So I kept going and the footsteps were getting closer, and I knew that it was someone else's for sure now. so I said

"if anyone is following me I won't hesitate to shoot you"

No response. I kept going and when I reached Vybor I decided to look through the office building for food. When I got in Vybor the weird thing was here were a bunch of dead zombies and I didn't see one single living one. So I went in the office building (footsteps still behind me) I eventually worked my way to the roof and I got on a ladder to get down, but when I was trying to get it to work I fell and broke my leg. I was considering re spawning since i had no morphine when I heard in voice chat.

"Do you need help?"

The voice was disembodied and the username was simply "man". I was scared and I said

"um yes?"

then my broken bone was fixed and my blood was fully restored. and then the voice said

"your welcome"

I never heard the footsteps again.

Edited by theguy8882
  • Like 6