DemonGroover

Day Z Urban Legends

Angry. about 800 words into a post and I brush the back button on my mouse.

All that writing. Gone, lost in time like tears in the rain.

C beams. Tannhauser gate.

Fucking ajax.

Note to self, cautionary tale to others: Compose your long posts in an offline text editor.

Edited by datguy
  • Like 1

Angry. about 800 words into a post and I brush the back button on my mouse.

All that writing. Gone, lost in time like tears in the rain.

C beams. Tannhauser gate.

Fucking ajax.

Note to self, cautionary tale to others: Compose your long posts in an offline text editor.

Is this a true story?

• Like 1

Yes. My back button was glowing green, armed with an hatchet and kept whispering I SEE YOU. Now do you believe me?

• Like 3

After i found this awesome thread, i decided to grab some people and check out Green Mountain myself. It was me with three other dudes, good friends from my BF3 clan. The overall trip was not very creepy or out of the ordinary, mostly because it was daytime. I wanted to go at night, but one of the group was real easy to scare and he would never have come along if it was going to be dark. We did not feel like abandoning the guy as we had just been playing together for a few hours.

We approached the antennae, with no zombies around. When all of a sudden they literally started pouring out of the gates. Like 20 of them all in one bunch. We took a knee and did not move, but they stared charging at us, so we mowed them down.

I will edit this message with Frapped video for your viewing pleasure. I will return there during the night. I want to experience some of the awesomeness described in this thread.

EDIT: Enjoy. Like i said, nothing very spectacular. But the zombie zerg rush standoff was pretty intense.

Dafuq with the crap quality? Hm... was supposed to be 720p D:

Edited by Esso
  • Like 5

went to green mountain yesterday to check the deerstands and while i was there i figured i d look for vehicle spawns near the antenna.

no zombie in sight.

the sound of the flies is intense and the pile of corpses is creepy as hell.

no loot from the military building so i thought i decide i want to check out the antenna but what is this? why is the door closed? i could have sworn it was open when i passed it a minute ago. i am scared now that there is another player around and i suddenly hear footsteps. i am starting to freak out and look behind me. there they are. a horde of zombies. 10 or 15. out of no where. i need to leg it. i cant shake them off through the forest, past the deer stand. they keep coming. there is no good opportunity to shoot them. there is too many and no slope to slow them. i need to run through the field over to the kurgan forest and suddenly they are gone.

i dont know what it is with that place but there is something very wrong going on up there. and that was during day time. fuck going at night, i m moving back to the coast!

Edited by okarr
  • Like 2

Green Mountain? For a little while me and some of the guys from my clan had a FOB/loot stash near there. Nothing fancy, two tents in the woods, but every now and then there was enough good kit in there to warrant a posted lookout. I pulled lookout there one night.

I was in the bush, it was raining. I'd justed cracked a heatpack and was toasty warm, under a pine tree in the lee of some rocks looking back down to where our tents were. In the trees I catch a flash of light. Not lighntning, there'd been some of that around, but this was very localised. Like a torch. Exactly like a torch. I watch and sure enough, it comes again, a little further on up the hill. This time I catch a glimpse of the light source, and see enough to be able to tell it's a guy with a shotgun with the light on it.

Over TS I inform the boys we've got a contact near the tents. I tell them he's flashed a light twice, the second time I got eyes on him. The boys are 2km away, heading up to Stary, and even though it's no biggy, two guys break off from the group and start coming back my way. just in case, right?

I watch as this guy continues up the hill, flashing his light every 30 seconds or so. He passes me and proceeds up to the radio tower which is a few hundred meters away. I decide to stay on task, after all, what's the point of taking a guard duty if you're going to wander off post? He guy hadn't gone anywhere near our tents so what did I ca...

A flare pops. I don't mean a roadflare, someone fired a green flare up over the radio tower. I hadn't heard anything, but I would have heard the ploomp of the M203 if it had've been old mate switching primaries to fire the flare. I figured he was meeting someone at the tower, and they flare had been some sort of signal. A really stupid, blatantly obvious signal everyone within 5km would see, probably including anyone at the North West Airfield who happened to be looking roughly south right now. Next thing I know, an M16 barks out a three shot burst and I wonder what the hell is going on. If these two were signaling each other, who fired at what?

The clouds part, the rain stops and the moon comes out. I turn to face the tower and scan the top level with my binos. There, trying to hit something, is a military zombie. I drop the binos and look around me then raise them again. He's going off his face at nothing. The flare goes out and the green glow dies with it, but there's still enough light to see by. The boys have covered two thirds of the distance so I tell them I want to check out the tower, if one of them can peel off to watch the tent please. I get up and make my way towards the compound, crouch running in the shadows. I go around to the North and then cut southeast to put myself in the trees opposite the front gate, but as I'm about to cross the road, I freeze.

Milling around in the road are dozens of zombies. I'm not kidding. I stopped counting at 20, guessing at least 30 I could see. No sign of the guy with the torch or the guy with the M16. No lights. No sounds. Just a hoard of military infected. I've got the M4A1 CCO and two clips. I'm not liking my chances in a fight against these kind of numbers in the open, so I decide to leave. I turn around and almost walk into another survivor. It's flashlight shotgun man. I'm still turning when he puts one into my leg. I go down, broken leg, bleeding hard. He fires another shot. Not at me, just right beside me. He steps onto the road, and flashes his flashlight, this time at the zombies, who go insta-batshit. Over the direct chat I hear *feast, my pretties!" and a maniacal laugh. I'm so screwed. I'm awake, I have morphine, I have a bandage. What I don't have is time. The last thing I see before the zombies arrive and I take the vallhalla shortcut back to the coast is a red flare shooting up over the tower.

• Like 20

Green Mountain? For a little while me and some of the guys from my clan had a FOB/loot stash near there. Nothing fancy, two tents in the woods, but every now and then there was enough good kit in there to warrant a posted lookout. I pulled lookout there one night.

I was in the bush, it was raining. I'd justed cracked a heatpack and was toasty warm, under a pine tree in the lee of some rocks looking back down to where our tents were. In the trees I catch a flash of light. Not lighntning, there'd been some of that around, but this was very localised. Like a torch. Exactly like a torch. I watch and sure enough, it comes again, a little further on up the hill. This time I catch a glimpse of the light source, and see enough to be able to tell it's a guy with a shotgun with the light on it.

Over TS I inform the boys we've got a contact near the tents. I tell them he's flashed a light twice, the second time I got eyes on him. The boys are 2km away, heading up to Stary, and even though it's no biggy, two guys break off from the group and start coming back my way. just in case, right?

I watch as this guy continues up the hill, flashing his light every 30 seconds or so. He passes me and proceeds up to the radio tower which is a few hundred meters away. I decide to stay on task, after all, what's the point of taking a guard duty if you're going to wander off post? He guy hadn't gone anywhere near our tents so what did I ca...

A flare pops. I don't mean a roadflare, someone fired a green flare up over the radio tower. I hadn't heard anything, but I would have heard the ploomp of the M203 if it had've been old mate switching primaries to fire the flare. I figured he was meeting someone at the tower, and they flare had been some sort of signal. A really stupid, blatantly obvious signal everyone within 5km would see, probably including anyone at the North West Airfield who happened to be looking roughly south right now. Next thing I know, an M16 barks out a three shot burst and I wonder what the hell is going on. If these two were signaling each other, who fired at what?

The clouds part, the rain stops and the moon comes out. I turn to face the tower and scan the top level with my binos. There, trying to hit something, is a military zombie. I drop the binos and look around me then raise them again. He's going off his face at nothing. The flare goes out and the green glow dies with it, but there's still enough light to see by. The boys have covered two thirds of the distance so I tell them I want to check out the tower, if one of them can peel off to watch the tent please. I get up and make my way towards the compound, crouch running in the shadows. I go around to the North and then cut southeast to put myself in the trees opposite the front gate, but as I'm about to cross the road, I freeze.

Milling around in the road are dozens of zombies. I'm not kidding. I stopped counting at 20, guessing at least 30 I could see. No sign of the guy with the torch or the guy with the M16. No lights. No sounds. Just a hoard of military infected. I've got the M4A1 CCO and two clips. I'm not liking my chances in a fight against these kind of numbers in the open, so I decide to leave. I turn around and almost walk into another survivor. It's flashlight shotgun man. I'm still turning when he puts one into my leg. I go down, broken leg, bleeding hard. He fires another shot. Not at me, just right beside me. He steps onto the road, and flashes his flashlight, this time at the zombies, who go insta-batshit. Over the direct chat I hear *feast, my pretties!" and a maniacal laugh. I'm so screwed. I'm awake, I have morphine, I have a bandage. What I don't have is time. The last thing I see before the zombies arrive and I take the vallhalla shortcut back to the coast is a red flare shooting up over the tower.

Oh man, i am camped near the tower as we speak and i was going to try and have a look tonight about 3am ET. But after this story and the number of Zeds mentioned i am not too sure that is a smart move anymore.

After i found this awesome thread, i decided to grab some people and check out Green Mountain myself. It was me with three other dudes, good friends from my BF3 clan. The overall trip was not very creepy or out of the ordinary, mostly because it was daytime. I wanted to go at night, but one of the group was real easy to scare and he would never have come along if it was going to be dark. We did not feel like abandoning the guy as we had just been playing together for a few hours.

We approached the antennae, with no zombies around. When all of a sudden they literally started pouring out of the gates. Like 20 of them all in one bunch. We took a knee and did not move, but they stared charging at us, so we mowed them down.

I will edit this message with Frapped video for your viewing pleasure. I will return there during the night. I want to experience some of the awesomeness described in this thread.

EDIT: Enjoy. Like i said, nothing very spectacular. But the zombie zerg rush standoff was pretty intense.

Dafuq with the crap quality? Hm... was supposed to be 720p D:

Doesnt really look like a one man job does it?

I love these stories. It's night here and their freaking me out in just the right way.

But a nagging thought in my mind demands an answer: how is it that some of these creepy encounters shine with such polish when the mod itself lacks polish to such a spectacular degree?

Two possible explanations suggest themselves: either the authors are embellishing, or there truly is a ghost in this particular machine.

Ok so i've read through all of these stories. And i've noticed a strange reoccurance.

Firstly, from Courleone:

There was a ... Hole or hatch or something. A ladder leading down. From the house. And as I looked down it... I saw something coming up. It was a zombie, I guess. I only got a glimpse.. But it appeared to be wearing a tattered straight jacket, and it had a bloody face...

Crunch. My bones were broken.

I lay on the ground, frantically rotating, and looking around... I saw that face. Something white.

A voice whispered, "thank youuuuu..."

And then from complex:

I continued to run, even knowing there was no way out of this cage. Snap. My leg was broken. It sounded like a shot from a sniper. I tried crawling as far as I could but it was no use. I gave up, the red light now at my feet. I got a good look at that sucker, it wasn't human, a zombie wearing some kind of straight jacket.

Me: Fuck you

*VOICE COMM* Thank youuuuuu

Anyone else notice this straight jacket thank you zombie coming up more than once? I suspect that most of these stories are fakes, but these 2...WTF is going on there.

Edited by CiderDad
  • Like 2

Jesus Christ.....reading these at 3:55 AM and suddenly my fiancee starts screaming in the bedroom.

Apparently there was a spider on the bed. FML.

• Like 17

Jesus Christ.....reading these at 3:55 AM and suddenly my fiancee starts screaming in the bedroom.

Apparently there was a spider on the bed. FML.

Yep, these stories will do that to ya! :D

• Like 1

I don't know if I hate this kind of post or not. I am personally bothered by it, because it reminds me of people who believe in ghosts or god, or aliens, Bigfoot...on and on. without any real reason too other then it cramps their tiny brain and somehow gives them a retard hard on. If you are just trying to have some fun and be imaginative cool beans, other wise...Yawn. Admittedly it would be cool if there was some random hidden NPC dangers lurking in the zone untold.

The Ghost Of Cherno Town

One fine day in the middle of the night

I was crawlin' peacfully through Cherno sorta looking for a fight

When out of darkness come some other survivor at a crawl

with his thumb on the direct chat callin "I'm a friendly Y'all."

Well I didn't quite believe him cos she looked a little cray

So I called em over closer on the condition they stay away

He complied with my request and made her way towards my spot

I said freeze you unclefucker or you'll get your bitchass shot

After he left she and I went on our way

In opposite directions, side by side in fresh mowed hay

When all upon a sudden as the hours dragged by

he she it said holy shit with my little eye I spy...

..a white barn with a red roof in a pretty shade of blue

we should check it out said friendly, I said screw that, after you

So I led us into the barn slowly at a flat out standing run

which attracted every zombie without agroing a one.

Holy crap I yelled out calmly, reload hatchets, here they come!

and the friendly bandit dude/chick started slaying every one

with the zombies dead or dying we had a right quick look around

but apart from empty beans cans there was nothing to be found.

We cleared the barn out quickly and decided we should book

when on impulse I said hold up, wait, lets just have another look.

I went back and looked around real quick for quite a while

and was surprised to find beans and road flares in a tidy little pile

There's some thing fucky going on here I called to the chick dude

where before we had left nothing there's now flares and freaking food

you better come take a look and get away good sir slash mam

cos there's ghost that haunts this barn and fills it up with more than cans.

you don't believe me neither did she but I couldn't give a damn

I know what I saw with my two ears so screw you mother man,

There's a ghost, a haunt, a poltergeist, I aint messing around

And it roams round dropping loot unseen all over Cherno town

so beware if you're out looting and think you've cleared out every spot

because chances are there's a ghost behind you replacing all the loot you got

Don't believe me? Try it some time clear a house out and you'll see

there's a ghost that roams round cherno leaving stuff for you and me.

Edited by datguy
  • Like 11

I don't know if I hate this kind of post or not. I am personally bothered by it, because it reminds me of people who believe in ghosts or god, or aliens, Bigfoot...on and on. without any real reason too other then it cramps their tiny brain and somehow gives them a retard hard on. If you are just trying to have some fun and be imaginative cool beans, other wise...Yawn. Admittedly it would be cool if there was some random hidden NPC dangers lurking in the zone untold.

There's no really substantial reason to believe in ghosts or Bigfoot (that I'm aware of) but I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss God or aliens. It is speculated, that there are thousands of potential planets out there that can support life (though no proof exists). In the countless galaxies that exist, and within them the billions of stars/planets, don't you think it's a bit unreasonable to think that people don't have a good reason to believe aliens exist :P.

Similarly, there are many things that make a universe without a creator of some kind implausible. This is not to say that it's likely there is a creator, but I would say that we should all try to be a bit more open minded about such possibilities.

Besides, why should it bother you in the slightest what other people believe in? As long as they don't go around shoving it in your face, does it really matter that some people believe in ghosts? What automatically makes it so that anyone who thinks ghost exist, do so to get a "retard hard on"? Or have I misunderstood your statement?

Personally, this stuff is all really entertaining. I love the fact that some of it could be true -- if I made a game, it'd have loads of tiny cool stuff in it. I love Easter Eggs, or other hidden discoveries waiting to be found.

Edited by Brad_B
  • Like 8

Probably not true, seeing how every ICP fan is mentally retarded.

you stand up for your name don't ya?

I think you have answered your own question in there.

But hey, dont pretend you've got it all figured out. Men were absolutely certain the earth was flat once. People who say this or that is impossible generally look like fools to future generations.

I think you miss the point of this thread. An Urban Legend generally does turn out to be false when the details are studied - but despite that some of these stories persist. It is all entertainment. And Green Mountain still freaks me out no matter what anyone says.

Anyway, do you know we only use 10% of our brain - how could we possibly know what is going on in the Universe? (Actually that 'fact' is total BS but the myth will persist forever)

If you've got a story, join in, otherwise i believe the door is thataway >>>>>>>>> :)

• Like 2

You miserable bastard. People are having fun and telling stories that are URBAN LEGENDS. Not true nor factual, just little stories to add to the experience. Get out of here, buzzkill.

• Like 10

You don't think there are aliens? You seriously think our planet is the only one among the billions out there to harbour life?

You must be a fun guy at parties.

• Like 7

Oh dear z-layrex.

I was contemplating visiting Green Mountain you know? I think i might go to Cherno instead.

Are those Russian numbers? I heard they are coords to Deer stands - any of this true?

Edited by DemonGroover