Sign in to follow this  
Sgt_mckenna

Where has the military loot gone?

I have just returned to dayz after a 3 month break and i cannot find any military loot on NWAF .... where is the best place to get military loot atm?

In 0.57 stable, at the newly enter-able guard houses, around tanks/BMP and the static crash sites mostly.

In 0.58 Exp, barracks have military loot once more, but Camo/prison building don't spawn anything at all to temporarily remove the glitchers while we get a permanent fix. Also the crash sites a little less static, but neither do the heli crash sites or police cars are really dynamic right now, and both need some work still. Every military bases where there are tents have one of the tents full of the items usually spawning. (Myshkino tent city, Stary Sobor tents, NWAF tents.)

Good luck!

Edit: As of 0.58 stable, dynamic events are currently 100% working as intended. I've been crash site hunting and it's more reliable than ever, with the majority of the player base just server hopping the officer's tent...

Edited by Odin Lowe
  • Like 2

^ Guard houses are the best spawns now...

Second best are camo buildings, tanks and certain Humvee wrecks

Military clothes, Gorka,TTsKO and Orel only spawn on prison island...

I don't even enter the barracks ... waste of time

Also wouldn't bother going to heli crash, unless its a freshly restarted server, because everyone and their aunty server hop for heli loot

I looted them all

Jeeps, tanks etc. have a bunch, helis are static,  but spawning loot.

Military bases have nothing

Edited by Yazar8

I loot the Humvee in Pogorevka and usually walk out with an AK74, FNX or SKS quite regularly.

I have just returned to dayz after a 3 month break and i cannot find any military loot on NWAF .... where is the best place to get military loot atm?

Don't you hate it when you come back to the game, run all the way to NWAF, and then find out everything you need is in Berezino?

I remember the Times where M4's spawned in Barracks....

I remember the Times where M4's spawned in Barracks....

I remember the times when they spawned in the officers huts at the airfield... Oh wait, that's this patch.

Far better that loot spawns are restricted, stops every player from running around with aks like last patch. Was so incredibly boring to play.

I remember the times when they spawned in the officers huts at the airfield... Oh wait, that's this patch.

Far better that loot spawns are restricted, stops every player from running around with aks like last patch. Was so incredibly boring to play.

It's still pretty much the case if you go north.  I don't know where people find all their assault rifles, I've maybe found one actually spawned, but everyone and their dog has them up north.  So it's still the same boring tacticool guys running around.

I imagine it is simply a matter of server hopping still, something the current loot system encourages.  As well, duping is still very much alive and well, so combined with stashes I'm sure soon the economy is gonna be fucked again.

I would hope that people that manage to make it up north are rewarded with better loot. Better up north than on the coast.

I have no problem with folks far inland being "tacticool."

I would hope that people that manage to make it up north are rewarded with better loot. Better up north than on the coast.

I have no problem with folks far inland being "tacticool."

The tacticool people are undoubtedly server hoppers.

The problem is you aren't really rewarded for hitting the north (specifically the mil bases) right now.  Every time I've hit a mil base in the north, I haven't found a single rifle.  Either because the spawn chance is just so low or people are getting them first.  The issue is that loot respawns too irregularly to make it reliable.  So there isn't a whole lot of choice except to server hop if loot is your goal (not mine personally, so I don't).

I don't think you should find a lot of weapons at these bases, but I think you should have a very decent probability of finding something.  And if you don't, I think it should be that you can go spend around 30 mins to an hour some where else, come back and reasonably expect new loot/a new chance.  For instance, hitting the nwaf, not finding anything and going to a surrounding city then coming back.

The most reliable military weapons right now are at crash sites.  Which is great.  But there should be a reliable, permanent place on the map that serves as the end goal in terms of where to go for weapons.  The devs even acknowledge this and their design goal is for the nwaf to be that place.  However, it's just not the case yet.

Edited by Bororm

High end weapons are on a spawn timer. After an AK is picked up there is timer until another will spawn in that location. The devs can adjust said spawn time at will and without our knowledge.

The tacticool people are undoubtedly server hoppers.

The problem is you aren't really rewarded for hitting the north (specifically the mil bases) right now.  Every time I've hit a mil base in the north, I haven't found a single rifle.  Either because the spawn chance is just so low or people are getting them first.  The issue is that loot respawns too irregularly to make it reliable.  So there isn't a whole lot of choice except to server hop if loot is your goal (not mine personally, so I don't).

I don't think you should find a lot of weapons at these bases, but I think you should have a very decent probability of finding something.  And if you don't, I think it should be that you can go spend around 30 mins to an hour some where else, come back and reasonably expect new loot/a new chance.  For instance, hitting the nwaf, not finding anything and going to a surrounding city then coming back.

The most reliable military weapons right now are at crash sites.  Which is great.  But there should be a reliable, permanent place on the map that serves as the end goal in terms of where to go for weapons.  The devs even acknowledge this and their design goal is for the nwaf to be that place.  However, it's just not the case yet.

I'm pretty tacticool, and I'm not really a hopper. I just traded my way to it, and got lucky by finding some farmed officer tents (lootsplosions inside, scattered empty mags, etc outside).

I agree with your final point. At the moment, well organised groups are obviously farming the three officer tent locations, to the disadvantage of the lone wolves.