Sign in to follow this  
DayZCiv

New Script(hack) Being Used?

Hello, I'm Red, the owner of The Civ.  We have had someone coming into the server, hitting people while invisible, but our logs show NO hits whatsoever.  This has been occurring much more the last few days, and we have been unable to catch whoever it may be.

Is it possibly a scripter using a (usually) inanimate object to hit people, so it does not show up on logs?

Please help, we are being attacked by these people and have no tools available to catch them  Any suggestions would be highly appreciated  :)

• Like 1

This is constantly occurring, I have had at least 10 reports in the last hour.  Anyone?

Thought I read somewhere about invisible zeds. Do they register hits? I mean zeds in general?

• Like 2

Thought I read somewhere about invisible zeds. Do they register hits? I mean zeds in general?

Usually the "invisible zombies" still make zombie sounds..

• Like 1

I'm actually currently uploading a video to Youtube where the same thing happens to me. 

It seems to be some sort of phantasmagorical ectoplasmic pugilist.

I was originally being hit in Solnichny, and I logged out for half an hour after running away. I came back to the server, went to Kamyshovo, and after killing some players it happened to me again. It followed me and followed me, I couldn't kill it, and it only hit me when I didn't move. Zombies can hit you while you are moving, but I was never hit on the move by this . I would stop, it would hit me. I would run away and it would hit me. I couldn't lose it, and it never gave up or attacked anybody around me. 

Also, sometimes it missed me and hit a body I was next to or a tree trunk. It clearly didn't have zombie-aim. 

Edited by Rags
  • Like 5

I'm actually currently uploading a video to Youtube where the same thing happens to me. 

It seems to be some sort of phantasmagorical ectoplasmic pugilist.

I was originally being hit in Solnichny, and I logged out for half an hour after running away. I came back to the server, went to Kamyshovo, and after killing some players it happened to me again. It followed me and followed me, I couldn't kill it, and it only hit me when I didn't move. Zombies can hit you while you are moving, but I was never hit on the move by this . I would stop, it would hit me. I would run away and it would hit me. I couldn't lose it, and it never gave up or attacked anybody around me.

Beans for using the word "phantasmagorical". Love that word lol

• Like 1

Beans for using the word "phantasmagorical". Love that word lol

Wrong!, Beans for pugilist!

• Like 2

Actually experienced the same which I took as a bugged zombie because when I ran away from the hits or hid in a house, a short time would elapse before the hitting started again.

Eventually I "escaped" the invisible assailant, which makes more and more positive that it was an invisible zombie rather an invisible scripting duche.

Actually experienced the same which I took as a bugged zombie because when I ran away from the hits or hid in a house, a short time would elapse before the hitting started again.

Eventually I "escaped" the invisible assailant, which makes more and more positive that it was an invisible zombie rather an invisible scripting duche.

*douche

• Like 1

As per Forum Rules....

Hacking:

If you believe you have found evidence of an unknown hack, submit the evidence to one of the Forum Staff and it will be looked into and verified. Please do not make topics or post videos. They will be locked or removed.

Reporting Hacks / suspected cheaters / exploits etc
Please don't post hacking topics on the forum, they achieve no value in solving the issue, do not expedite any action taken against these players and in some cases may give these players the satisfaction/recognition that may motivate them. http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/212882-reddit-rocket2guns-on-securityhackingcheating/. The posting of exploits, duping and other in-game glitches that can be abused whether by text or video, is strictly forbidden.