kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

I decided to try out exp tonight ,but i keep dying to "You are hypothermic". Its a rainy server so i guess its cold.

The first time i died i couldn`t find matches and the bark thing didn`t work.

The second time i got a fire going ,but not until after the "You are hypothermic" message had shown itself.

Is there no way to reverse it? I was right next to a lit fireplace when i died that second time.

Not running back to my "camp" another time. Took me close to an hour the first time...

Not sure if it's a bug or not. It happened to me, basically it couldn't be reversed. Best thing I can say is carry a raincoat with you at all times or wear it all the time heh.

Not sure if it's a bug or not. It happened to me, basically it couldn't be reversed. Best thing I can say is carry a raincoat with you at all times or wear it all the time heh.

Do you play on 1pp or 3pp?

I only play on 1pp and they've really limited the number of them, they've all been dry as in I haven't seen any rain in over a week. Not sure if it's server dependent or if it can be raining just in one area and I've missed it. 

It happened on 3pp. I never seen it rain like that before .. fricken torrential downpours. It happened a couple of weeks ago though.

Edited by Creamy Cowboy

It was a full exp server to. Weird. Out of the 50 players there has to be more people than me freezing to death :P

Im not exactly inexperienced in dayz survival at this point.

It happened on 3pp. I never seen it rain like that before .. fricken torrential downpours. It happened a couple of weeks ago though.

Yeah, I'm really wondering how the weather is working now.

Early in .58 it seemed like it was always raining and a raincoat was more useful than a 6 or 8 pocket jacket because I could just stop and grow a pumpkin plant or 2 anywhere. Now I'm preferring a hunting jacket or m65 so I have more room for extra water bottles so I can grow pumpkins anywhere.

Seasons are planned eventually right?

As far as I know they only drop at the American crash site and the oval officer buildings at tents.

Edit: I'm not calling you a liar by the way. Just pointing it out that another player put it there.

If you're not carrying a gun and you approach me I'll be friendly.

If I see you first and you're carrying no gun I either approach you or hide from you.

If I see you first and you're carrying a gun I either hide from you or I kill you.

And if you tell me to put up my hands or get on the ground, I give you the middle finger because I don't care if I die and I'm sick of hearing that crap. Either talk to me like a normal human or shoot me already. :D

Ok, so it's Thursday, and late Thursday at that.  I have not checked out the latest blog/twitter/reddit/wtf to know if we're going to spend more time before moving this to stable or not.  I have tomorrow off, planned vacation day, to fiddle phuck around with whatever.  Any use spending my time on this build?

And if you tell me to put up my hands or get on the ground, I give you the middle finger because I don't care if I die and I'm sick of hearing that crap. Either talk to me like a normal human or shoot me already. :D

I tried the "Put your hands up" way, this way got me killed multiple times. It's either talking, a firefight or nothing. The other person highly influence my choice. Edited by IMT
  • Like 1

The real question is, "Do you feel lucky.. Punk"?

https://youtu.be/V7Nci-GVuHE?t=45

I tried the "Put your hands up" way, this way got me killed multiple times. It's either talking, a firefight or nothing. The other person highly influence my choice.

• Like 1

This poor guy yesterday that I seen running around zelenogorsk, I saw him and apparently he saw me as well. I decided to let him go his own way but I guess he felt lucky with his trumpet and started taking shots at me as I was headed toward sosnovka. The sucky thing is that bushes don't provide as much cover as you think at a distance heh. He hit me once and I was bleeding .. he was maybe 200ish meters at the most so I hopped out from behind the bush and took a few shots with my SKS and knocked him unconscious and then finished him off.

It really surprised me to see that he had a trumpet and like 200 rounds. Must've been a hell of a shot with iron sights to actually land a shot with that thing heh. I was actually bleeding so I had to take care of myself first before I could get to his corpse and find out who he was. I did skin him and made dinner out of him.

• Like 2

I tried the "Put your hands up" way, this way got me killed multiple times. It's either talking, a firefight or nothing. The other person highly influence my choice.

"Put your hands up" in my experience tends to be code for "I'm a terrible shot, so please stand very still for me".  So I pretty much never surrender and will either attempt retreat or go down fighting.

It is definitely a lot harder to hit someone running erratically than just standing still with your hands up heh.

Someone tried interacting with me the other day but I just kept running. Just heard him say hey a few times but just keep going. Looked like he had a pick axe and I didn't have any weapons.

"Put your hands up" in my experience tends to be code for "I'm a terrible shot, so please stand very still for me".  So I pretty much never surrender and will either attempt retreat or go down fighting.

If I hold you up, it's best if you just surrender.. I'll probably give you something you need/want.. And if you don't need/want anything, you'll keep your fleshy bits.

If you run/fight, you'll soon find yourself on a beach, surrounded by stones to search for... because if I'm telling you to put your hands up you're probably trapped, or in an exposed position, and I didn't play Counter-Strike for 7+ years competitively because I'm bad at hitting moving targets.

:D

Edited by Etherimp
  • Like 1

If I hold you up, it's best if you just surrender.. I'll probably give you something you need/want.. And if you don't need/want anything, you'll keep your fleshy bits.

If you run/fight, you'll soon find yourself on a beach, surrounded by stones to search for... because if I'm telling you to put your hands up you're probably trapped, or in an exposed position, and I didn't play Counter-Strike for 7+ years competitively because I'm bad at hitting moving targets.

:D

Ohh, you're a real bad ass. I'm scared. NOT. See my post above. :D

If you're just going to give someone something they need/want, why not just talk to them? Because you're afraid of getting shot, losing your gear, getting embarrassed, etc. I don't let fear dictate my gameplay or interactions. I'll just stand there with my middle finger up while you shoot me like a coward. :D

P.S. I'm just busting your chops. It's all good.  :thumbsup:

Edited by eyecon

So tonight I went to straight to freezing in a matter of no time. I build a fire, got to cold and the fire ran out so I kept running which got me back to "comfortable." I was surprised at how quickly it went to freezing - perhaps a status bug?

Also, I ran out of a house and chipped my leg on the stoop/doorway. I looked for a bear trap but nothing. It was 1 step to the door so I chalked it off as desync.

Other than that, I ran all over the map (except the coast) on a full server and didn't see a soul. Where is everyone hiding at? 

http://twitter.com/Hicks_206/status/629453917869490176

I would say that the only downside is the frequent posting along the lines of, "Where is XYZ, it must not be spawning." Apparently, there is a small, but vocal demographic, who find the game unplayable, unless they can tote a BFG9000 around. Hopefully this will die down, as folks adjust to the new reality.

Heads down! Flames incoming!!!

• Like 4

http://twitter.com/Hicks_206/status/629453917869490176 I would say that the only downside is the frequent posting along the lines of, "Where is XYZ, it must not be spawning." Apparently, there is a small, but vocal demographic, who find the game unplayable, unless they can tote a BFG9000 around. Hopefully this will die down, as folks adjust to the new reality. Heads down! Flames incoming!!!

Like the guy who continues over 3 tweets about how he's cool with guns being scarce but has a lot of "friends" who don't like it, yeah right. 

*takes out canteen, scrolls down, collects tears*

• Like 4

I'm cool with it, it obliges those that need BFG's to play the game search and earn the reward the hard way.

Server hopping ain't what it used to be  :P 

• Like 8

Sorry my mistake to many tabs open and watched only half threw my eyes with my first coffee. This was ment to be elsewhere

Edited by Devilskills

http://twitter.com/Hicks_206/status/629453917869490176 I would say that the only downside is the frequent posting along the lines of, "Where is XYZ, it must not be spawning." Apparently, there is a small, but vocal demographic, who find the game unplayable, unless they can tote a BFG9000 around. Hopefully this will die down, as folks adjust to the new reality. Heads down! Flames incoming!!!

Yes. Those people exist in EVERY game with RNG loot mechanics. However, the guy behind the curtain does not appear to give a damn. Like the one guy who said M4s should be more common. Hicks' reply? "Oh God no." The game's design is in safe hands. I have never been more confident of that fact that I am right now. 

-snip-

Listen. Buddy. This is not the Gallery. This is exp. Please refrain from this kind of stuff. Didn't you notice how we don't even post pics without spoilers?

XHZnYg5.jpg

Edited by ColdAtrophy
  • Like 1

Hows everyone going for food? IMO there's still too much, but hey cant be too spoilt. My buddy and I had a blast last night on the Aus 01 server, we played about 6 hours and both of us think the devs have done an awesome job on the rarity of weapons. 

• Like 1

Played for just an hour or so last night on a 2/3 full server.  Spawned in fresh, at Bop, raining, was drenched in no time, got cold, had the shakes, but was able to stay on the move to keep things in check until the rain stopped.  Best I found weapon's-wise in the local area was an axe, no small firearms of any sort.

Need more time before providing a solid opinion, but in general, the less the better I think.  This in theory should significantly change the nature of the game and push it more towards survival vs. run and gun and hopefully not just change it to run and bash.  Getting the infected count back up would make a huge step forward in this regard.

I'm cool with it, it obliges those that need BFG's to play the game search and earn the reward the hard way.

Edited by Super_Duty