Sign in to follow this  
Nicko2580

Zombies clipping through walls?

Is it just me or are zeds back to clipping through walls and doors since .57? Spawned as a freshie and just tried the 'ole lock-em-in-the-house-for-the-next-bambi-to-find trick but nope... damn thing followed me half way around  the town before I finally lost it.

I've not seen them clip through walls but doors seem to hold them maybe only 85% of the time for me. Did it seem they came through a door you'd shut?

It's not very solid structure in dayz, it's the same old.. So yes zombies sometimes go through walls and door structures.

I saw off my mosin inside a deer stand it went through the floor and lucky I found it below on the ground. 

Edited by Ori42
  • Like 1

Probably more desync than actual wall glitch bugs. If you slam a door shut in a zombie's face, chances are the server will not register the door as being closed as the zombie passes through, making it look like it is phasing through solid doors. Try putting some distance between you and a zombie, about 100 yards or so, and try locking yourself in a house. If all goes well it should not glitch through the door.

• Like 1

Probably more desync than actual wall glitch bugs. If you slam a door shut in a zombie's face, chances are the server will not register the door as being closed as the zombie passes through, making it look like it is phasing through solid doors. Try putting some distance between you and a zombie, about 100 yards or so, and try locking yourself in a house. If all goes well it should not glitch through the door.

I know in my cases it isnt desync. All doors closed in police station. Fired shots at zombies from the roof. 5 zombies hear the shot and all of them ran through not only the main door (or the two doors i closed in the back office) but also the door to the roof as well.

Edited by cash81
  • Like 2

I know in my cases it isnt desync. All doors closed in police station. Fired shots at zombies from the roof. 5 zombies hear the shot and all of them ran through not only the main door (or the two doors i closed in the back office) but also the door to the roof as well.

Ah yes, well, the police station seems to be a special case for some reason. Used to be the zombies could hit you from street level even if you were on the roof. That building may actually be bugged.

But in most other buildings, locking zombies in or out should work. I tried it myself yesterday, managed to lock two zeds in a piano house and another in a basic wooden civilian house.

Ah yes, well, the police station seems to be a special case for some reason. Used to be the zombies could hit you from street level even if you were on the roof. That building may actually be bugged.

But in most other buildings, locking zombies in or out should work. I tried it myself yesterday, managed to lock two zeds in a piano house and another in a basic wooden civilian house.

This bugger chased me through half the houses in a town. I've locked plenty of zeds in houses so I know when it should work and it definitely wasn't. Locking him in with plenty of space between  the door and him, and he was just walking straight through it.

It could possibly have been desync though, because I've had a very buggy night on Day Z tonight. Met some dude and we were travelling down the coast together when the server crashed. Both of us log back on and suddenly his AK has duplicated itself. One on his back and one in his hands. First time I've ever seen that happen.

I tried to lure a couple of Zombies into a Storage unit but could not. The moment I ran into the unit I turned invisible to them. after a few attempts I just shot them and moved on. 

Haven't had that problem, granted, when I find a zed, it normally its up for more than ten seconds, will have to try locking one in a house and get back to this thread.

It's these buildings that the z's ignored. If you can try locking them in there and let us know.

480px-StorageUnit_3b.jpg?version=9205d95

Edited by pcs305

I tried to lure a couple of Zombies into a Storage unit but could not. The moment I ran into the unit I turned invisible to them. after a few attempts I just shot them and moved on. 

I noticed the same thing a few times this last week in Old Cathedral.  Different buildings too.  One two-tone brown house with the central stairs to loft, and one garage with man-door on the side, they zeds just stopped in the open doorway.  I instantly wondered if they had swapped them for vampire rules, and they were just waiting to be invited inside. At the at the large rusty catwalk building, I ran right past one and then inside.  He just sauntered around by the door until I gave him the axe.

I noticed the same thing a few times this last week in Old Cathedral.  Different buildings too.  One two-tone brown house with the central stairs to loft, and one garage with man-door on the side, they zeds just stopped in the open doorway.  I instantly wondered if they had swapped them for vampire rules, and they were just waiting to be invited inside. At the at the large rusty catwalk building, I ran right past one and then inside.  He just sauntered around by the door until I gave him the axe.

Yeah I had a similar experience today. 2 Zeds were chasing me, I had about 25 meters on them, drew my 9mm and they stopped about 5 meters in front of me and ignored me totally. I didn't waste ammo and just took off.

I only have a few hrs on .57

Not only have I not seen one clip through a wall, I have not seen ONE zombie!

I was going to ask if they were removed B)

• Like 3

I only have a few hrs on .57

Not only have I not seen one clip through a wall, I have not seen ONE zombie!

I was going to ask if they were removed B)

There's definitely less of them, but they're still around. But just fire a gun and you'll see them all! lol

I had to ice some guy in Kamy yesterday because he decided it would be a good idea to try and punch a mostly kitted guy to death. Two shots fired, 5 zeds come running from all directions. I just ran for it.

I did this the other night and prob cleared every zombie out of the city by just shooting down from above on them....lol  Stupid load guns and all.