Sign in to follow this  
Resento

Multiple issues

When I try to toss an item (not by hitting G when holding it with hands, but rather dragging it with the mouse pointer) - that item doesn't appear on the ground but it just disappears and I can't re-collect it.

Today my character randomly went into a lying position on the ground with his head tilted to the side as if he was dead only he wasn't and no matter what I did he didn't get up. The Respawn option was grayed out, too. No message appeared.

My settings are set on the highest and my brightness is normal but things like this are common: http://i60.tinypic.com/zl4rig.jpg

How do I quickly reach the weapon on my back without going into the inventory? (be it a rifle or a hammer, etc)

Is it supposed to often show "No messaged received for X time" then lose connection?

Is there a technique to fight bare handed against other players/zombies?

Sometimes after several feet of distance that I make, my character gets "teleported" back to the spot I were before making that distance. Is it common or is it me and if so what do I do to fix it?

And most importantly - twice now that I exit the game, log back in and find out all I've collected is gone as if my character has been reset! Why does it do that?

Edited by Resento
  • Like 1

That unconscious position can be solved by re-logging.

Drag a weapon into your quick bar from the inventory for quick access. All you'd have to do is press 1-0 to select the item.

The "no message received" is most commonly when the server restarts. Just wait a few minutes and join back.

Punch them in the head.

You get 'slingshotted' because you have desync, which can be caused by a bad connection.

And for your character being reset..

the game's in alpha.

And for your character being reset..

the game's in alpha.

Yes, but I've been playing for merely half a day and had it happen twice to me now. I watch DayZ streamers regularly and I've never seen that happening to them. Is there something to do in order to 'Save' my character? After I leave the game and go back on I click "Select server" and just select one randomly. Should I select the same one I previously played on?

It's called rubberbanding.

Be aware that you cannot carry over your toon from public servers to private servers. Also, private servers to private servers of a different hive.

It is a known issue that if you rejoin a restarted server too soon, it may reset your character.

Check the feedback tracker for issues and/or file any bugs you may find!

Good luck.

It's called rubberbanding.

Be aware that you cannot carry over your toon from public servers to private servers. Also, private servers to private servers of a different hive.

It is a known issue that if you rejoin a restarted server too soon, it may reset your character.

Check the feedback tracker for issues and/or file any bugs you may find!

Good luck.

How can I differ between a public and a private server? Let alone a private and another private server?? And so what do I do? Stick to one server?

Each type of server has its own benefits/restrictions. That is your call. The server select screen should indicate public or private.

Each type of server has its own benefits/restrictions. That is your call. The server select screen should indicate public or private.

Are my previous characters lost, then?

Not sure. If you were choosing multiple hives, then no. If you were experiencing reset issues, then yes.

Not sure. If you were choosing multiple hives, then no. If you were experiencing reset issues, then yes.

Thanks. I still can't find the quick bar.

Also, I often hear gunshots around me but even when I (stupidly) look all around, I still can't find the shooter, as if it's not really a player. Is that possible?

And how do I treat a broken leg?

Edited by Resento

Are my previous characters lost, then?

The servers you have been logged in may appear under the 'History' tab.

Just check the 'History" tab to find out which servers you have been on and see if you find one of your former characters.

As someone already mentioned there's also a bug, that might reset your characters if you are logging in too quickly after a serverdown/restart.

Prevent this by being patient and wait a couple of minutes before you rejoin after a restart or check the servertime.

Sometimes there are intended character wipes too, but this would be announced usually and does not happen often.

in some cases you also might have been killed during the logout process, since your characters needs 30 seconds to disappear after hitting the logout button. (this is needed to prevent combatlogging and ghosting). So make sure to always find a save place to log out.

Be aware that you might also die (and so be a freshsapwn again), when you are uncouncious, restrained or sitting in a car when the server goes down.

Thanks. I still can't find the quick bar.

I don't know the default key to let it show up (it fades out if not used recently), but try dragging an item to the bottom of the screen should make it appaer. Here's a screenhot showing the action bar:

dayz-screenshot-ME3050212171_2.jpg

Also, I often hear gunshots around me but even when I (stupidly) look all around, I still can't find the shooter, as if it's not really a player. Is that possible?

He might be covered well (ghilly suit, lying in a bush etc.) or has already been changing position.

There are a couple of soundbugs in the game, but all I experienced and heard of so far are shots people were supposed to hear but didn't and eating/drinking/split ammo/open soda-noises global sounds sometimes,

And how do I treat a broken leg?

find a morphin and use it or combine a stick with a rag to craft a splint and use it

My settings are set on the highest and my brightness is normal but things like this are common: http://i60.tinypic.com/zl4rig.jpg

That super shiny tin roof is your bloom setting.  It has a slider under post process. 

You share one character across all public servers, but every private server will be a different character.

Edited by AtomQuark

Thank you all for your help so far.

How do I use a flashlight? I can't get to turn it on. Also my character seems to be holding it upside down.

When I click right mouse button to aim a rifle (like in about every other game), it just zooms. It appears Numpad 0 is for aiming. Do most people change that?

Yes, but I've been playing for merely half a day and had it happen twice to me now. I watch DayZ streamers regularly and I've never seen that happening to them. Is there something to do in order to 'Save' my character? After I leave the game and go back on I click "Select server" and just select one randomly. Should I select the same one I previously played on?

You need to understand that not every server will have the same character for you.

There is a differentiation between "Public Hive Servers", which will have the same character for you, no matter what server you join.

And then there's the "Private Hive Servers", which will - on theory - give you a character that is unique to that specific server.

• Like 1

You need to understand that not every server will have the same character for you.

There is a differentiation between "Public Hive Servers", which will have the same character for you, no matter what server you join.

And then there's the "Private Hive Servers", which will - on theory - give you a character that is unique to that specific server.

I often can't take items on the ground even though I have space for them. Am I doing something wrong? Also questions above your post

Oh and I've set the Map key as M but when I hit M I only see black and no map

Edited by Resento

I'm in a truck right now and it won't drive. What do I need to do?

I often can't take items on the ground even though I have space for them. Am I doing something wrong? Also questions above your post

If you "tab" do you see the item on the left side bar? if not it may be a static item. If you do see the item right click on it in the side bar and select it that way. Or drag and drop into your inventory.

I just broke my leg. I can't even stand up. What do I do? What are the components to fix the leg?

I just broke my leg. I can't even stand up. What do I do? What are the components to fix the leg?

Craft a splint with wooden sticks and one of rags, duct tape or bandages.

Morphine may fix it too,

Craft a splint with wooden sticks and one of rags, duct tape or bandages.

Morphine may fix it too,

I see very blurry even though my character is fed and nothing is broken (doesn't say anything is anyway). What could it be?

..etc..

..//..

How do I use a flashlight?

I'm in a truck right now and it won't drive. What do I need to do?

I just broke my leg. I can't even stand up. What do I do?

..//..

It appears Numpad 0 is for aiming. Do most people change that?

is this a troll ?

click on this

and here

also check this

and in general - this

xx

Edited by pilgrim

Sometimes you just have to learn the hard lessons the hard way, as the link Pilgrim provided suggests. Alternatively, internet search engines are a great source as well.

Cheat codes, detailed game guides, hacks, and cheats really only dull the gaming experience. Solving problems on your own is much more rewarding.

Sometimes you just have to learn the hard lessons the hard way, as the link Pilgrim provided suggests. Alternatively, internet search engines are a great source as well.

Cheat codes, detailed game guides, hacks, and cheats really only dull the gaming experience. Solving problems on your own is much more rewarding.

That's a general, random, unessential statement. I have done my thorough internet search for every question I had before posting, and not for a second was I considering using cheats (didn't even know those existed). Thank you for your constructive comment, though.

Thorough internet search huh? So you're telling me that you google'd "How to fix broken leg, day z standalone" and couldn't find a clear answer? Yeah... Im calling bullshit. Go away troll.