Sign in to follow this  
Dan92Nor

Hunger and thirst system

Hi!

Well after played the game alot lately i think that the focus on how mutch and how often you have to drink water/Soda is to mutch.

For example the message says "I really need to drink!" and then i drink 3 100% PET bottles and start running to the next big town, shortly after hes thirsty again, but i ignore it cause i just drank 3 Liters. Just a moment later he's dying from dehydration. And i need to drink alot more water to not die.

I know its just a game, but the character need to drink all the time, and i feel i always have to look for water even if im fully geared with a ton off water.

In my opinion we should need to drink less water, but offcourse drinkin in the game is important its a survival game after all.

If you drink/eat until you achieve energized/hydrated status than you can go without eating or drinking for hours.

Edited by Frosti
  • Like 3

I didnt know that, but this will be usefull the next time im playing, thanks !

Also, there are different degrees of hydration/energized.  The lesser one is dark green, the greater one is a bright green.  

When you find a well, drink up until you are lime green but not too much more, then top off your PETs before you leave the area.  

Be warned that eating or drinking too much at once can get you stuffed to the point where you can't drink because you are filled with food - or can't eat because you are filled with water.  

I try to eat a bit when at a well, then drink a bit, alternating so both energy and hydration restore at the same time.  This way it's never too much food or too much water.

Along with the bright green energized + bright green hydrated you should get a 'healthy' status (or 'healing' status if you've lost blood or otherwise require healing)

• Like 2

what what no way i think they tweaked this last updste i noticed if i'm not full sprinting everywhere i don't have to eat as much mainly fluids are used more than anything in my case atleast. food is very abundant its not hard to get healthy i had the status shortly after spawning in.

Also, there are different degrees of hydration/energized.  The lesser one is dark green, the greater one is a bright green.  

When you find a well, drink up until you are lime green but not too much more, then top off your PETs before you leave the area.  

Be warned that eating or drinking too much at once can get you stuffed to the point where you can't drink because you are filled with food - or can't eat because you are filled with water.  

I try to eat a bit when at a well, then drink a bit, alternating so both energy and hydration restore at the same time.  This way it's never too much food or too much water.

Along with the bright green energized + bright green hydrated you should get a 'healthy' status (or 'healing' status if you've lost blood or otherwise require healing)

this guy knows ^

It seems water is bugged somehow in 0.57. Sometimes drinking does nothing and at other times it works as it should, its the same wether you're drinking form wells or from canteens. Drinking soda cans always seems to do the trick though. Also eating certain food items(cans of peaches, apples) give you good hydration also.

I know its just a game, but the character need to drink all the time, and i feel i always have to look for water even if im fully geared with a ton off water.

Are you by any chance fully geared with a Ghillie suit or a thick jacket sprinting around all the time? If yes: It's a feature. Currently it's summertime in Chernarus.

If you drink/eat until you achieve energized/hydrated status than you can go without eating or drinking for hours.

Not sure about that. I try to stay bright green energised/hydrated/healthy at all times Even with all three lit, I will be thirsty within half an hour or so of running around. I do think the hydration mechanic is a bit too onerous as it stands.

Perhaps you mean 'hours before you actually die' though... :P

Not sure about that. I try to stay bright green energised/hydrated/healthy at all times Even with all three lit, I will be thirsty within half an hour or so of running around. I do think the hydration mechanic is a bit too onerous as it stands.

Well yeah I mean "for hours" if you role play survivor in the forest.

If you shift sprint a lot in elektro, cherno or novo, looking for pvp, than you may get thirsty faster I guess.

Im sure we've all heard it before "Its a game, not real life." OR "It's alpha!" But honestly, do you know how much your body would sweat when sprinting around a city wearing a MINIMUM of say, 15 pounds of gear? Most rifles alone are usually at least 8 pounds. Fire axes have to be at least 10. (There's one here at my work. It's much heavier than I expected) I've done things similar to this when I was in the military; and let me tell you man, you'd be surprised how much water you can drink and still be pissing dark yellow (Which means you're basically dehydrated) when you're carrying around your gear and constantly moving. It makes me laugh to look at my character who has an SVD, FNX, Fire axe, High cap vest, 10+ cans of food and 3 full water bottles, and at least 200 rounds of ammunition. That's a LOT of weight. Poor guy.

It seems water is bugged somehow in 0.57. Sometimes drinking does nothing and at other times it works as it should, its the same wether you're drinking form wells or from canteens. Drinking soda cans always seems to do the trick though. Also eating certain food items(cans of peaches, apples) give you good hydration also.

For me this only happens in high pop servers. Like 50/50. I assume its just server lag.

Are you by any chance fully geared with a Ghillie suit or a thick jacket sprinting around all the time? If yes: It's a feature. Currently it's summertime in Chernarus.

^ This. As I mentioned above.

Edited by Knight_Solaire

Yah that is the first thing I try to do.  All so find a water well and fill up before you can find food.  You won't starve as fast this way.  Than by time you find food stuff your self.   The great thing about having this level is that when you do get bleeding you can actually run a while without going black and white screen and heal fast.  I some how was without rags bandage the other night and actually ran to next town bleeding (not far) to find some rags to rip up.

I didnt know that, but this will be usefull the next time im playing, thanks !

Being well  Energized, Hydrated and Healthy(light green) makes you resist damage a bit better and if your not Energized and Hydrated you won't heal. When possible I eat and drink until my stomach is completely full.'stuffed' is a good condition. Just don't eat or drink after you get the stuffed message or you might blow chunks wait until you are no longer stuffed.  

Edited by Xbow