geminiani

Animals since 0.57

I am not sure you can eat them or not, but i know they make crazy sounds, first time heard that sound in dayz , scared me really good!

Certainly in mating season, at least here in the UK, foxes have an eerie habit of sounding like babies in pain. I, for one, welcome this brave new world of sounds.

Did several hours of hunting tonight all through southern Chernarus. I hunted in the valleys around Kozlovka, Nadezhdino, Mogilevka, Staroye, and Msta.

There was no success to be found in the rabbit snare, as I failed three times at that. Managed to catch a carp by fishing however, and caught sardines twice in small fish traps.

Most importantly: I was successfully able to track down and kill (and document) a boar, a chicken, a cow, a goat, a pig, and a sheep. Did not see any deer or foxes. Once I can track down one of each of those as well as trap a rabbit, I plan on publishing my findings in terms of resources.

My ending backpack inventory included one each of: boar steak, cow steak, sheep steak, goat steak, pig steak, fish fillet, and sardines (2). I'll be adding to that collection later.

38vp3le.jpg

Other highlights from the safari:

EI3xtlx.jpg

RUSZKRT.jpg

wsHWzhd.jpg

ULseAjq.jpg

wEHKU4g.jpg

84c1Mxd.jpg

• Like 1

IMO It depends on the server you're on, buddy.

I was wondering around the woods in the mid-southwest region of Chernarus and found 7 pigs, 3 chickens, and 8 cows.

I think the animals have evolved to cope with Chernarussian hunting habits. They've mostly headed inland, to the cities most of the scrubs don't bother visiting.

Hi,

i found a chicken a Little above Kamishovo and some dear ran from me somewhere in the Woods nearby too. No Other sightings besides the human-pigs :D

i hope you mean a deer

i wouldn't feel so comfortable if someone dressed people up in dresses and ran after them with an axe screaming "come back my dear, i wont hurt you!"

• Like 1

Can we cook meat on the fire now? Or do we still need a cooking tripod, pot and water?

You need a sharp stick, but use a knife on a tree and you get a pre-sharpened stick. On the topic of fires, how many logs does it take for it to burn a reasonable amount of time? I started one with three logs in it, and it didnt burn long enough for my deer steak to get cooked :3

• Like 1

Can we cook meat on the fire now? Or do we still need a cooking tripod, pot and water?

Cut a long wooden stick from any tree using a knife, place the meat on the end of the stick, and you'll get a prompt to cook when you're next to a fireplace and holding the stick in your hands. This also works for most fruits and vegetables.

You need a sharp stick, but use a knife on a tree and you get a pre-sharpened stick. On the topic of fires, how many logs does it take for it to burn a reasonable amount of time? I started one with three logs in it, and it didnt burn long enough for my deer steak to get cooked :3

That sounds like something went wrong. Either the fire burned too fast or the "status" of the steak somehow didn't change on your screen. It shouldn't need to cook longer than a minute or two, and a 3-log fire should last longer than that.

Questions of my own:

1. Has anyone successfully prepared ("skinned") sardines in 0.57? I don't seem to get the option to prepare them no matter what kind of knife I use. I haven't yet tried to cook them as-is.

2. Where have you had luck finding deer? No matter where I look, these seem to be eluding me the most.

2. Where have you had luck finding deer? No matter where I look, these seem to be eluding me the most.

I've only spotted one, east of Berenzino between two villages whose name escapes me.. Was on a big field. :3

Where are the Animals?

Since Patch 0.57 There are a rare amout of Animals in Chernarus. Before the Patch you found in Various Locations (Pustoshka, Top of Berenzino, below Severograd etc.) Cows and between towns you found some Pigs and near Forrests some Dears. Untill today i found only 2 Cows and no pigs and not one Dear. Surviving from the Wilderness is now not hard but Unpossible. 

Anyone else experienced this issue?

Regards BennyG

Founder of German-DayZRP

Yes, a valid point - I've not seen any so far. I've been all over the map recently, except far far north. :)

Goat & pig in Vyshnoye, very rare it seems.

probably to increase server performance - less cow steaks for poor humlings. :P

I've only spotted one, east of Berenzino between two villages whose name escapes me.. Was on a big field. :3

http://dayzdb.com/map#5.109.063

In the north closer to Dubrovka, or in the south closer to Polana? That map link should help :)

I am not sure you can eat them or not, but i know they make crazy sounds, first time heard that sound in dayz , scared me really good!

Wait until they make that sound outside your bedroom window at 4am - it's more annoying (I actually like it, plus the owls) ;)

http://dayzdb.com/map#5.109.063

In the north closer to Dubrovka, or in the south closer to Polana? That map link should help :)

Between Polana and Gorka I believe. It was me and two mates, we found our fourth in Polana, and started moving towards Gorka. Saw the deer in that field, and got me some nice steaks. Ditched the pelt because meh :3

• Like 1