NomadZ

Everyone plays the game the way they want, so...

Ok, after reading some of the comments...I was against combat logging until some players did that to me. I said, "F*** it, I'll do it too..." but that was an immature move. But I think, most of the time combat logging isn't a cool thing to do, but in some certain (rare) situations I think a person can use it. Like someone noted, if those players are illegitimate, dupers or hackers. But in this case, I had 30 seconds to log out. I think it was fair enough. They lost me. Logging out was like I was gonna stay there for a long time, maybe 30 minutes or hours. So in a sense, it was like I escaped them. Maybe I just wanted to log out and done playing?

So it was their fault to lose me. If they kept up with me, and not let me log out then I wouldn't be logging out, because I know, it takes 30 seconds or so to dissappear. Maybe I did it out of anger, because some players did it to me, also, I did it because I wanted to see how it feels. It feels good and bad at same time. Good because I got away! Bad because it's a "pussy" way doing it, I know. But, it would be cool if devs come up with a good solution to prevent this behaviour. And I'm all for that. I hated it when other players combat logged on me.

So, I don't want to do some of these things, but when others do it against me, it sucks. I will try not to combat log, but if situation calls it, I probably will. Right now, it's alpha, so, people will do whatever they want, wrong or right. We can't stop them. If you have seen some of my videos, I always fight and defend myself to death or escape. After seeing other players exploiting these "loopholes" against me, my approach to how I play it has changed, I don't play the game seriously anymore, it's just to go and have fun whatever way it suits me. If I want to KOS for now reason, I'll do it. A lot of players broke the immersion for me and I stopped playing it in an immersive way. Some players don't play this game as it was intended to, but it's too complicated. Because many have said, "That's how I play it!" o "F*** You, none of your business!" So, majority dictates how this game should be played.

Combat logging is wrong, but given 30 seconds or longer is fair enough to log out if you want to. If enemies chasing you don't get to you by that time, then, it is what it is. Tough luck. If they get to me before I log out completely, then yeah, I get "rekt."

In short, I will try not to combat log. Maybe sometimes I will, just for fun. Why? Because I can! Even if it's a "pussy" move or feel guilty. Sometimes I can :P

Edited by NomadZ

You appear to be young by your comments. He does that she does this. I am assuming you needed to justify if it was ok to combat log or not?

Why do you need our permission?

You asked for a whoop ass coming here, they warned you lol

I am saying that if you can exploit, you will exploit. 

This is a poor justification that is provably false. I have never combat logged. Heck, when there was a hacker teleporting around my friends and I went back to back and unloaded as he teleported near to us. He cut one friend down but then was shotgunned into oblivion. He quit the server. Maybe he came back under a different name.... but we didn't have any other hacker problems that night. 

• Like 1

You appear to be young by your comments. He does that she does this. I am assuming you needed to justify if it was ok to combat log or not?

Why do you need our permission?

You asked for a whoop ass coming here, they warned you lol

What whoop ass are you talking about? There is no whoop ass. You can flame, whoop ass all day if you want, I don't care ;) I just thought I'd share my thoughts without any negative or positive expectations. I really don't mind if you "whoop" my ass on internet :P if it was real life it'd be a different story lol but it's my business to post a topic, it's yours to "whoop" ass. ;)

I think, I get it, we get it. This thread can be locked. This is how far we can go with this.

Where the hell do you get the 90% from ? 

Survival is taking advantage of the rules sure....but not exploiting them. Your opinion is flawed. 3PP is an unfortunate game mechanic but not an exploit. Combat logging is....hence the 30 second penalty timer. 

Survival is about gaining as much as possible at the expense of as little energy as possible. This is why we are lazy by nature.

Defining "exploiting" becomes quite difficult, almost philosophical. The rules are determined by the programmers, and the rules may or may not be intentional. The rule about being able to combat log, for example, is most likely unintentinonal. It is, however, still allowed considering you are perfectly free to do so. Now translate this to reality. If five people came at you with guns blazing, and you had the ability to teleport to safety, would you not do so because you thought it was against the "rules" that god or whatever entity had made up?

I am exaggerrating intentionally, of course. There will never be "everyone" doing "this or that", but the vast majority will.

Please, speak for yourselves.

This is a survival game. Combat logging is an exploit.

Calling combat logging a playstyle is like calling duping a playstyle. Duping is a bannable offence in all servers, and I'm sure more admins would ban combat loggers if it were easier to find them.

90% of the fun I get out of this game comes from the fact that I could die at any time. Meeting new people (who might kill me), visiting new areas (where people are waiting to kill me), trying new survival techniques (which will somehow get me killed), driving around (where I might hit something invisible and crash, killing me), and looting up (where I might fall and be killed), are all encouraged, and are what make this game so great.

Did you just compare duping with combat logging?

They're both exploits, so the comparison has merit. I lol'd at the guy saying, "If people can do it, they'll do it!"

I must admit, I often beat my wife. I can, so it's okay... right? :)

• Like 1

This topic B) I already gave my beans without reading the comments at my work :beans:

Ok, after reading some of the comments...

*snipped*

In short, I will try not to combat log. Maybe sometimes I will, just for fun. Why? Because I can! Even if it's a "pussy" move or feel guilty. Sometimes I can :P

I think we've got a future politician on our hands...

How are they different?

With both you are using a limitation or bug in the game to gain an advantage. The obviously can't have our characters hanging around in game for 10 minutes after we log out as people in 'safe' areas would get killed 8 minutes after they logged out by a random zombie or someone who was not in the area before. The 30 seconds is supposed to help and I wouldn't want it much higher than that, but it's not always easy to realize someone is logging out while in cover. 

It boils down to someone saying to themselves that they are going to play a game where part of the draw is that you can lose everything in a heartbeat, but then exploit the logout to prevent the main feature of the game from happening. 

• Like 1

It boils down to someone saying to themselves that they are going to play a game where part of the draw is that you can lose everything in a heartbeat, but then exploit the logout to prevent the main feature of the game from happening. 

Which is why the developers need to include functions that stops this from happening. You can't say "don't do it" because people will do it if they gain advantages from it.

• Like 1

Guys we're missing the point here. Who cares if it's in the rules or not in the rules. We all know it's the actions of a complete pussy and we wouldn't do it. Some people are too scared to play the game and get anxious and have to log off. We can't stop them doing it so there's no point going on about that. Just acknowledge that self proclaimed pussy's will be trying to play the game and we might come across them from time to time.

In short, I was given 30 seconds to log off and I did use that chance. Those who were chasing me, lost me. End of story.

Which is why the developers need to include functions that stops this from happening. You can't say "don't do it" because people will do it if they gain advantages from it.

1. What functions will stop this but not be disruptive to normal gameplay for people who wouldn't otherwise do such a thing?

2. Not everyone will do it. In fact the majority of people won't do it.  If you play on private servers it becomes even more rare as people will develop reputations and don't want to be, "That Guy" who combat logs in shame. 

I had the chance to logout, within 30 seconds, before they got to me, so what's the big deal? lol

This is just a PC game with pixels. But it's your right to get mad and it's my right to do what I want.

• Like 1

... and it's my right to do what I want.

Yep, you are free to ruin your experience. No one is mad... the emotion is more like pity. :)

• Like 1

Yep, you are free to ruin your experience. No one is mad... the emotion is more like pity. :)

1. I was running away from them. I dodged buildings, trees, and zig-zaged, until they lost track of me.

2. I went to a nearby shed, in an unusual place, where they would not have any idea to check it. I decided to log out. Why not? I successfully logged out within 30 seconds. Which is fair enough.

3. It's their fault, not mine, that they started the chase and failed to find me. I'm not gonna sit there and wait for them to come over. I didn't want to "reward" their desires.

4. I used the 30 second successfully, and they couldn't.

5. Logging off in that situation is like I ESCAPED.

6. I'm not ruining any experience. I still enjoy playing it the way I want to play it.

Edited by NomadZ
  • Like 1

6. I'm not ruining any experience. I still enjoy playing it the way I want to play it.

Ask yourself why you felt the need to come on the forums and seek  approval for your action then. 

???????

• Like 2

ITT So many brave honorable young men 

How do these young lads get them
combat shirts over those giant ego filled heads 

Shilling honour in a video game  

Devs should just about bring back the e-peen moniter 

inb4 sever hopping helicopters is way more git gud 100% beef hardcore 1pp not pussy cheat view cyber elite clean e-conscience anti-shill avatard toon viking death

• Like 1

Ask yourself why you felt the need to come on the forums and seek  approval for your action then. 

???????

I don't need any approval. Don't like it, don't read it.

I was given a chance to logout within 30 seconds. I successfully used it. I enjoyed it because they were probably pissed and I was safe.

I'm not breaking any rules. Am I? No. When I can see everything from 3PP, am I breaking rules? No.

But since it's just an Alpha PC game, I don't really feel ashamed anymore. I KOS and eat human steak. No shame. Why? Because at the end of the day, it's just Fun & Pixels.

My point is you can anything in the game, except hacking. Same with real life, we can take advantage of the loopholes until those loopholes are fixed. If you don't like people doing it, then fix it.

i was once a combat logger like you.
i have a few words.

Man up!

Man up, you say. Well those Cannibal Bandis who chase after an unarmed player, trying to spray with AKs and yell, "We gonna eat you!" Maybe they should man up and fight other players with guns, instead of chasing a weaker player? They didn't want to fail. I was able to trick them and outplay them. They were mad and pursued me. So, to end that nonsense chase, I logged out, to make them even more mad.

Edited by NomadZ
  • Like 1

I don't need any approval. Don't like it, don't read it.

Two reasons for you to make a post like this.

1. Guilt and you feel the need to be justified that your actions were okay(even if you definitely defend them all you are doing is trying to justify it to yourself).

2. Trolling... which I know you wouldn't do since it is against the forum policy... right?  <_<

• Like 1

I'm not breaking any rules. Am I? No. When I can see everything from 3PP, am I breaking rules? No.

3PP is a feature, not an exploit. There are ways to exploit 3PP, but they are even working on changing the 3PP mechanics to further prevent exploitations in an over-the-shoulder camera perspective.

Why do you choose to ignore the fact that combat logging is an exploit, thus breaking one of only a few rules that are globally accepted in this game.

Two reasons for you to make a post like this.

1. Guilt and you feel the need to be justified that your actions were okay(even if you definitely defend them all you are doing is trying to justify it to yourself).

2. Trolling... which I know you wouldn't do since it is against the forum policy... right?  <_<

You're the one who's trolling. I'm done with you. Bye.

Edited by NomadZ