Sign in to follow this  
hleVqq

Force 1PP for Single Stable Release

Force 1PP for single stable release?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Force 1PP for single stable release?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't mind

It's good to be disliked by the right people.

Apparently, some of those people become obsessed and stalk the other and try to troll upon them, but lo they are far too righteous in mind, body, or soul, to give the first shit.

Soon the 3PP will not be what you now are accustomed to and many of you will be very unhappy and possibly unable to adapt to the change and you will say the devs "broke the game".

GG, thanks for 30+$ and data logs.

• Like 1

Oooo!

I just want to say.... :D

I never once said that we should remove 3PP or that you should play 1PP (the devs did though).

I just want one hive/love.  All is DayZ.

You all are smoking crack. Straight up.

Reading comprehension: F-

Edited by BioHaze

Yeah but biohaze is the one who paid for this game so it HAS to be tailored for him and ONLY him lol the rest of us who enjoy the game dont have any say in things because biohaze says we dont feel immersed when we play.

Sheesh, you all should know this by now.

Yeah pretty much.

And Haze, no one attacked you. I attacked your idea. End of story.

1pp elitist always force their style onto everyone else, I have never seen anyone demand that 1pp be removed. Why?

BECAUSE NEITHER PLAYSTYLE IS BETTER.

Oh and Haze? I love the new 3pp because I suggested it be made like TLOU and it apparently was seen by devs :p

Edited by Owen.
  • Like 2

1- Shut up with your 1pp elitism and deal with it

-snip-

That's attacking an idea?

Calling me an elitist, and telling me to "shut up" and deal with it?

Where is the idea that is under assault there?

It's a weak personal jab that is groundless.

-snip-

1pp elitist always force their style onto everyone else, I have never seen anyone demand that 1pp be removed. Why?

BECAUSE NEITHER PLAYSTYLE IS BETTER.

Oh and Haze? I love the new 3pp because I suggested it be made like TLOU and it apparently was seen by devs :P

For the 3rd time, I never said anyone should play 1PP if they don't want to.

The most I've said is that it needs to change.

3PP is not a play style. I think you're misusing the term but I get your point.

Actually, the current 1PP is better for DayZ for all the reasons a forumer named patriot posted in the other popular 1PP/3PP thread kicking around right now.

Also, the current 3PP in experimental is just that, experimental.

I would bet real money that what you see there is not the final camera angle/mechanics.

Also, if it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy to think you were the first to suggest the TLOU camera, then that's sweet.

For all you know someone in the office, on reddit, or in a bar in CZ suggested it before the topic went "official" and you made the suggestion here.... could be though!

Edited by BioHaze

Stay on topic

Avoid personal attacks and be civil.

Avoid pointless posts.

Move along if you cant.

• Like 3

Hell I love the new experimental 3pp because it kills wall peeking

It does not. What it does is reducing the additional overview and awareness you got from the higher camera position. Might somewhat reduce the amount of "peeking by accident" but does little to prevent intentional peeking.

It does not. What it does is reducing the additional overview and awareness you got from the higher camera position. Might somewhat reduce the amount of "peeking by accident" but does little to prevent intentional peeking.

True not yet but the final implementation just might.

This is meant to be an "authentic" survival horror game.

Well, it really doesn't matter what the game is designed to be.  It will be be a hardcore survival game to you.  It will be a pvp deathmatch game to other people.  To another group, it will be a zombie killing game.  For me, it's a myriad of things.

It's cute when Rocket says "DayZ is a survival game".  And it's funny when people tell others what the game is supposed to be.  Even if the developers said explicitly that the game was one thing or another, it really doesn't matter.  Despite any possible best attempts to shape the product to a particular vision it will always be what the mass of consumers turn it into.  That's because this is an mmo.  DayZ is a game about player interaction.

Dayz will sell more copies of the game if some form of 3pp is available.  MMOs have been set in 3PP since the beginning. It works out best this way to enhance player/social interaction.

In my opinion, if this game is designed to be a survival game, then it probably has a very short shelf-life.  Surviving is not going to be hard at all.  The biggest threat will always be other players.  Players will adapt to the infected and figure out how to not die to them.  Players will figure out how to not die to the elements.  If you could somehow play the final product and remove other players, the game would be really, really easy.  There is no environmental content in the history of mmos that's too hard for single player content.  Find one example.

Having 3pp AND 1pp lets us do what we want.  Keep this separate!  Options are good!

Edited by Parazight

Having 3pp AND 1pp lets us do what we want.  Keep this separate!  Options are good!

Not if people don't even give 1PP a try due to 3PP having most of the population. If I honestly believed that people prefer 3PP over 1PP for valid reasons that involve actually having given 1PP a serious try, I wouldn't have made this thread in the first place. 

Posts where people claim that they gave 1PP a try and it's now their favorite thing and how 3PP is below it pop up once in a while, so that's an indication.

Don't force 1PP permanently. Force it for a temporary period of time so people would actually give 1PP a serious try and then decide what they prefer more. Like stated in the original post, this is in attempt to increase the 1PP population so that we wouldn't need people complaining about 3PP and how it screws 1PP population (and thus 1PP players' experience).

You can enjoy doing unrealistic things (seeing yourself from behind, peeking behind walls) in a survival game that seeks realism all you want, but surely I can point out that 1PP is also good in attempt to get some more people to play it so we wouldn't have half empty servers?

Edited by Powerhouse
  • Like 1

I don't think it's necessary (or a good idea) to force a playstyle, even for a little while.

Personally, my first 1000 hours or so involved running around as a coast rat and pvping in Electro/Berezino/Cherno.  Then I took a break for a few months.  I came back and tried out 1PP. Liked it a lot.  Now I enjoy both!  I probably wouldn't have enjoyed it if it was forced upon me. I sought out what I wanted to do in the game.  That led me to 1pp.  I guess the point is, players will play what they want.  If it wasn't meant to be, then don't force it.

• Like 1

I don't think it's necessary (or a good idea) to force a playstyle, even for a little while.

Personally, my first 1000 hours or so involved running around as a coast rat and pvping in Electro/Berezino/Cherno.  Then I took a break for a few months.  I came back and tried out 1PP. Liked it a lot.  Now I enjoy both!  I probably wouldn't have enjoyed it if it was forced upon me. I sought out what I wanted to do in the game.  That led me to 1pp.  I guess the point is, players will play what they want.  If it wasn't meant to be, then don't force it.

It may not be the nicest way, but how else does one make people try 1PP, which has few servers with few people, out? I believe this is the least devs could do for the dying 1PP community, considering this is an alpha and a perfect time for experimenting.

Alpha is for us to test, remember? Having your prefered view temporary restricted will help you with exactly that: testing and trying 1PP out. There are not enough 1PP testers! lol

Edited by Powerhouse

No, you 

It may not be the nicest way, but how else does one make people try 1PP.

You don't.  Don't *make* people do anything.

The game is not dying.  good grief.  What exactly do we need to test in 1pp?  Do you have something in mind that needs to be tested, that can only be done in 1pp?  You're using the argument that we need more people to test things in 1pp.  Why?  What are we testing there?

Parazight - if you can imagine DayZ anywhere near feature complete you should also be able to imagine how certain play styles (a play style isnt a camera angle) that are currently popular will not be possible.

Those deathmatch people will not be interested in getting and staying healthy which may take a lot of in game time.

People who came to this game to DM on the coast for a 1,000 hours have little creativity and did not come to DayZ for what it wil be but for what it was/is.

You saw a youtube video of some PvP and thought it looked fun....?

Why the fuck weren't you playing ARMA3?

Competition too stiff?

Also, you take what I say with the most narrow viewpoint.

I called DayZ a survival game because no matter how you play, your success is directly measured by the lifespan of your character.

We're all survivors but are using different strategies.

Playing as DM/murderer/KoS (a murderer is not a bandit/survivor, fyi) is probably the least survivable long term strategy.

The KoS/DM players in DayZ are the least creative, least constructive, most shortsighted testers we have.

I am a zombie killer.

8beEw.jpg

My name is BioHaze because I started shooting zombies in March of 1994 when I modified a PS1 to play Resident Evil JPN which was called Biohazard.

The least scary thing I can imagine is a zombie game where I can see the zombies all around me and they can't see me.

Seriously, what the fuck?  lol

I've played lone wolf for years and recently started playing with a friend.

He had been playing mostly 3PP but decided to give 1PP a try upon my encouragement.

He now only plays 1PP and swears by it.

I think the people who will leave when 3PP gets fixed are the people that never wanted a survival game in the first place.

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 1

You make so many wrong assumptions, all wrapped up in semantics, based off of horrible examples.

• Like 1

You make so many wrong assumptions, all wrapped up in semantics, based off of horrible examples.

Really? Assumptions about what? Where did I assume anything?

I only referenced your above posts and information you gave me and extrapolated on a few other lateral thoughts that were relevant.

I know, I know, it's exhausting, isn't it?  :(

Passion, like sensitivity, are often misunderstood by others that lack them....

If you can't be bothered to actually reply to what I said don't quote me RE: how DayZ is a survival game.

You don't.  Don't *make* people do anything.

Oh, okay. Was nice talking to you.

Don't bother with Biohaze, he's another person I added to my ignore list because he is incapable of reason.

• Like 2

In 3PP there is no immersion.

It's not debatable.

Without immersion you never get a visceral connection to your character and just about every core factor that makes DayZ great is now diminished.

It absolutely is debatable, what convinced you otherwise?

I get viscerally connected to my avatar, have been for going on three years now. I've had a wonderful time playing DayZ that hasn't been "diminished" in any tangible way. My experience has been far more affected by silly graphical ons/offs (i.e. ATOC) than any help anyone's got from 3PP.

• Like 1

It absolutely is debatable, what convinced you otherwise?

I get viscerally connected to my avatar, have been for going on three years now. I've had a wonderful time playing DayZ that hasn't been "diminished" in any tangible way. My experience has been far more affected by silly graphical ons/offs (i.e. ATOC) than any help anyone's got from 3PP.

I have already said that preference is a valid reason to want 3PP, the only one.

I do also believe that many people asked objectively would agree that constantly seeing the back of your character is by definition immersion breaking.

If you can project a sense of self onto the character while still seeing him in 3PP, kudos to you.

For me, the current 3PP especially, looks silly, and the exploits RE: spotting infected, faster looting, and corner/wall/roof camping make me cringe.

So yes, I stay on the lonelier 1PP servers where the like minded people are and hope for a chance to enjoy 1 hive or a 3PP experience that isn't completely broken.

Don't bother with Biohaze, he's another person I added to my ignore list because he is incapable of reason.

If you only knew what side of the fence you stood on.... lol.

• Like 1

Personally, I think Dayz should be released with forced 1pp, helicopters, and long range sniper rifles.

However, I think there should be another version on release that allows 3pp, has no helicopters, significantly reduced endgame loot, and all snipers are effectively beyond nerfed, they've been buzz beed.

I'd call it: Dayz Homosex.

Here's a better idea. Remove 1st person view altogether. No , I didn't misspell that.

Here's a better idea. Remove 1st person view altogether. No , I didn't misspell that.

What's the point of playing a zombie survival game where you can see zombies but they can't see you?

If 3pp can be fixed to make things like wallpeeking impossible, then I'd probably totally drop 1pp. I like being able to see my character, but I'm not a wee babby who needs to peek over walls to keep my precious loot. I'm certainly not one of these tools who claims 'greater awareness' or 'motion sickness' or some such nonsense when in 3pp.

I can't get my head around people who cling onto 3pp and claim that it has nothing to do with wall peeking. Just admit that you use an exploit. It's okay.

However, as someone who thinks that 3pp was a mistake... actually probably the biggest mistake the devs have made since it seems to be the antithesis to authenticity and realism but there's no chance it'll ever be removed... I don't think that a single stable release should be forced 1pp. I don't think it'd do anything. It'd just fill the forum up with a bunch of whining 13 year-old Twitch streamers complaining that they can't get the drop on freshspawns. It would be unlikely to persuade anyone to play 1pp.

So yeah. The best course of action would be to do something that means that wall peeking and other exploits associated with 3pp are impossible; that way everybody wins.

If you only knew what side of the fence you stood on.... lol.

With single sentence paragraphs he prefers to write,

In-game survivor, the forums is where he prefers to fight.

Perhaps during a future season,

This here forum poster will listen to reason.

Oh my God! My pants are tight.

• Like 1