FlimFlamm

How would you feel if 1st person perspective was mandatory?

3PP vs 1PP  

328 members have voted

1. 1. How would you feel if 3pp was removed and 1pp was mandatory?

• I would feel neutral about it
    • I would feel concerned about it
    • I would feel utterly disgusted by it
    • I would feel OK about it
    • I would absolutely love it

You know... Id love to play first person, but seeing as the majority are playing in 3rd person, and thus have the"upper hand "  Im just not going to do it.

I wouldnt mind 1st person at all, because everyone would be on the same playing field...

ALSO... I live in South Africa... we only have a handful of servers not to mention players, I think maybe one is 1st person, which is never very full... so yeah

True DayZ "Hardcore" mode. Play first person in a 3rd person server.

• Like 1

man date ?

- just to make this clear

"mandatory" is used in official and political texts to avoid the word "compulsory"

it means "you don't get a choice"

a mandate is an authority to exercise a power

as in "1pp players have no mandate"

Edited by pilgrim

I enjoy both points of view. I typically travel in third person because obviously I have a higher level of awarness to my surroundings. However the primary reason for using 3P is just so I can enjoy the scenery. First person seems claustraphobic to me for the purposes of traveling. However when I know that combat is imminant, or end up in combat I switch over to first person.

That's the human nature - always go for easiest way.

..//..

So are you saying you are human, or you are not human ?

So are you saying you are human, or you are not human ?

More human than human.

Funny how this poll is shows how the majority really wants 3rd person gone...like all the other polls have shown.

But still some proclaim this is just the result of a vocal 1st person community. I dont believe it is.

That's some fine statistical analysis done there!

A+

Blinkered vision running simulator has a market yet!

You also succeeded in twisting the survey question to meet your needs.  Fine woork indeed.

hangover-maths-gif.gif?w=584

I'm confused how (at least according to this poll) so many people would "absolutely love" first person ONLY, yet if you look for first person servers, your lucky to find anyone in them at all...

That's probably because the 300 odd people who vote are an inadequate sample size, and probably unrepresentative of the community as a whole....

But that's why single question surveys are usually relegated to ad-ware bait, or trash entertainment dressed up as an attempt at logic.

statistics-cartoon.jpg

So, long story short, there is no reason for anyone to lose their preferred perspective. I am not advocating for an end to 3PP, despite the flaws I see in it. What I am actually advocating for is a more fair and balanced experience for everyone. That includes you 3PP guys.

Your post is well read, but i can't help but feel you're pissing in my pocket to tell met it's raining.

Just to be clear, it seems that the '3pp guys' don't actually have any issue with the game currently with respect to camera angle...

What i'm proposing is that 1pp players get up in their superior numbers and go play their damned game in the 1pp servers where there is no option to play otherwise

See: now both needs/wants have been satisfied.  Too bloody easy.  Unless of course the total number of 1pp guys is vastly understated.  Now that may mean a problem for the select but vocal few.  May need to periodically scream and shout to get attention, and maybe throw in a poll or two to try drum up support.

Edited by q.S Sachiel

That's some fine statistical analysis done there!

A+

Blinkered vision running simulator has a market yet!

You also succeeded in twisting the survey question to meet your needs.  Fine woork indeed.

If u think my post is a piece of statistical analysis, I think u should read some books on statistical analysis....u clearly dont know what that is, or u have a tendency to overreact.

Edited by svisketyggeren

Theyve tinkered with 3pp view enough that you might as well use 1pp to loot inside a house. The camera zooms so far in to the back of your head/neck that you cant see anything on the floor around you anymore. I now loot inside using TAB in all situations, def helps with immersion.

Funny how this poll is shows how the majority really wants 3rd person gone...like all the other polls have shown.

But still some proclaim this is just the result of a vocal 1st person community. I dont believe it is.

All you have to do is look at the population of 1pp to 3pp servers to see.  If "the majority" of players wanted to play in 1pp only mode then the 1pp servers would be flooded and the 3pp servers would be empty, yet it is the opposite.  So clearly the 300'ish votes is not indicative of "the majority".  

All you have to do is look at the population of 1pp to 3pp servers to see.  If "the majority" of players wanted to play in 1pp only mode then the 1pp servers would be flooded and the 3pp servers would be empty, yet it is the opposite.  So clearly the 300'ish votes is not indicative of "the majority".  

The poll result is pretty curious ain't it? It must be flawed, I agree, but why?

Perhaps people who tend to come to the dev forum tend to be the sort of people who like 1pp better than 3pp, for whatever reason. Something about what makes people tend to want to come to the dev DayZ forum also tends makes people interested in 1pp?????

Perhaps we're all a bunch of lying hypocrites :D

yeah , I prefer 1PP .

but on a 3PP server all use 3PP to get advantage so all use 3PP ...

Balance 1PP and 3PP need :rolleyes: and fix camera (sick... )

Edited by Hawksachute

The poll result is pretty curious ain't it? It must be flawed, I agree, but why?

Perhaps people who tend to come to the dev forum tend to be the sort of people who like 1pp better than 3pp, for whatever reason. Something about what makes people tend to want to come to the dev DayZ forum also tends makes people interested in 1pp?????

We'd be lying to ourselves if we denied that 1PP is far superior and miles more immersive than 3PP.

If tommorow Hicks said : 1PP is now mandatory - I would absolutely love it!

1PP Master Race for lyfe,you filthy 3PP peasants. :P

This would be a step in the right direction.

If you want 3rd person, go play mass effect or stick to brain dead consoles. This is a first person shooter. Surely, you must've noticed this at some point prior to purchasing the game...

We'd be lying to ourselves if we denied that 1PP is far superior and miles more immersive than 3PP.

If tommorow Hicks said : 1PP is now mandatory - I would absolutely love it!

1PP Master Race for lyfe,you filthy 3PP peasants. :P

Persons who frequent this forum actually have an interest in the development of a first person shooter that sets itself apart from the other BS COD-type games out there.

Persons who like 3rd person are usually from the COD genre, and do not have as much passion to even frequent this forum in large numbers to sway the poll results.

Consequently, he polls will be heavily weighted in favor of those who actually think with more than their primitive, knuckle-dragging reptilian brain stem.

BIS should outlaw 3rd person mode..

For statistical purposes, they should also take a note of the players who use 3rd person more than they do 1st person.

Once this data has been compiled, they should destroy all these players, their families and friends. Erase any record of their existence as well. They should then donate their computers to all those players who use 1st person mode.

This glorious purging would take care of the problem permanently, and with minor (if any at all) collateral damage. I am sure that BIS has more than sufficient resources to accomplish this, what with all the proceeds from the pre-alfer sale. I am sure that there are plenty places that they could dispose of their charred remains for very little cost.

Edited by codestargod
  • Like 1

the answer is easy -

- if you make a poll mentioning "female priests" then 100% of the whole churchgoing christian population will give their view

-  and the remaining 90% of the entire population won't bother to vote at ALL

Anybody who feels strongly that they MUST play 1pp is out playing it right now ( who can stop them?, why would sane 3pp players want to stop them? ) - So go on line on Friday evening and COUNT the percentages. That has to be real, don't it?

Then ask yourself why the tiny minority - the skinny handful - of 1pp players is here voting

And why the massive majority - the hundreds of thousands of 3pp players - aren't even reading this thread ..

heh 

• Like 2

the answer is easy -

- if you make a poll mentioning "female priests" then 100% of the whole churchgoing christian population will give their view

-  and the remaining 90% of the entire population won't bother to vote at ALL

Anybody who feels strongly that they MUST play 1pp is out playing it right now ( who can stop them?, why would sane 3pp players want to stop them? ) - So go on line on Friday evening and COUNT the percentages. That has to be real, don't it?

Then ask yourself why the tiny minority - the skinny handful - of 1pp players is here voting

And why the massive majority - the hundreds of thousands of 3pp players - aren't even reading this thread ..

heh 

This is exactly it.  I didn't vote because it's a stupid poll to begin with, and the options are worded ridiculously.

You know where the people who would have voted are?  They're playing the game, on third person servers and don't give a shit about a stupid hypothetical that isn't going to happen.

These forums are pretty much dead as is, there's hardly any discussion and topics like this that are a circle jerk are the only ones that keep going.

You know what all the people who want 1st person only should do?  Go play first person, with each other, and populate your servers instead of just talking about it and trying to force everyone else to change.

• Like 2

This would be a step in the right direction.

If you want 3rd person, go play mass effect or stick to brain dead consoles. This is a first person shooter. Surely, you must've noticed this at some point prior to purchasing the game...

How is this in any way a first person shooter?

Once this data has been compiled, they should destroy all these players, their families and friends. Erase any record of their existence as well. They should then donate their computers to all those players who use 1st person mode.

Ok now I take you less seriosuly

Edited by snipertrifle
  • Like 1

This again?

No they should not force it. I don't know why people are so fervent about it. You can play dedicated servers for each perspective, thats all you need.

I play 1PP because it's my personal preference. I see no reason to deny other's theirs. It's kinda like wanting shops to stop selling diet coke cause you don't like it, when the option to have both is there.

Grow the cunting hell up.

Edited by DoctorBadSign
  • Like 1

In an ideal world it would be locked to 1st person.  Watch any single youtube video of DayZ combat and 3rd person abuse is the number one tactic used.  I'm not saying I don't or wouldn't use it when I play, as you would be at a huge disadvantage not to, but it really, really breaks the immersion.  I do like watching my character run when traveling long distances though. It's more interesting than 1st during those times. I would like to see it locked, but it's sad that large numbers of players couldn't cope with it and just quit.

In an ideal world it would be locked to 1st person.

It is on some servers, so what is the problem?

• Like 1

It is on some servers, so what is the problem?

They are mostly empty except for a few private hives.  Finding a good server isn't nearly as easy.

When given the choice, most will take the easy route. 

Edited by =ST=Achilles

They are mostly empty except for a few private hives.  Finding a good server isn't nearly as easy.

When given the choice, most will take the easy route. 

I don't have that much of an issue unless I'm playing at some ungodly hour of the day.

If most people want to play 3PP that's just the way it is. The developers would have to be insane to remove it.