boneboys

Exp Update: 0.57128035*

Another breakthrough you guys! You can now dig up worms with a stone knife. Check the spoiler for the screenshot. You can see the stone knife in my right hand.

nd9yr8.jpg

Edit: thank you developers for listening to the community, you guys really rock! :)

Edited by IMT
  • Like 5

I've found all of my hunting/M65 jackets in that single-room log cabin that often has a loot-splosion of wool coats and other torso clothing. If you have room in your inventory for a single piece of slotted clothing, you can just keep double clicking on each piece of clothing and they will stack inside of the first jacket. Often jackets are hidden under others and won't even show up in the "vicinity" area of the inventory.

That's where I've been finding them too.  

Also, If you're looking for a tent they can occasionally be found in the same house,  I've seen both civilian and military big tents there.

Still looking for a barrel to test out.  I have no idea where that elusive item spawns...

• Like 1

Also, If you're looking for a tent they can occasionally be found in the same house,  I've seen both civilian and military big tents there.

Still looking for a barrel to test out.  I have no idea where that elusive item spawns...

I was just thinking about a small idea. "Improvised Small Tent", burlap sacks, rope and sticks and you have a tent. But it should be a lot smaller than a normal tent.

• Like 1

I still get the memory error that causes DayZ to crash on of of the UK servers, is there anything I can do about it? Is the error on my side, or is it the game?

Yes, there is definitely something that you can do. You can submit a bug report, so that the devs have the necessary information to address the problem. Crash reports seem to have priority over all other types of bug reports. 

Yeah, servers are up again. Sadly I just teleported out of the 2nd store of a barn and broke my leg. Ruining my morphine. :(

Life lesson: Never keep your morphine, or your splints in your pants.

• Like 3

Log cabin clothing-gasm. Yep, been there, done that, got the T-shirt. Seen lots of coats, dresses, jeans, track suits, etc. ... even tents. But, I haven't seen a M65 for nearly a week.

Anecdotally, it seems that most barrels have been found at police car spawns.

• Like 1

Just played a little bit. Some things I noticed:

• Trucks do not seem to be spawning dynamically. It looks like they are still spawning in the same places across all servers.
  • I redact my previous statement about zombies being back. Haven't seen a single one since the solo zed that I found in Berezino yesterday.
  • Had some problems with the winchester I found. I couldn't get it out of my hands without throwing it with "G", and it kept wanting to only go in my hands, not on my back, despite the fact that I didn't have a primary on my back. When I got in a truck, it would go on my back until I got back out (didn't try moving the truck in fear that I would lose the winchester). Once I logged out, while it said it was on my back, I was able to log back in and all of the problems with equipping it seemed to be fixed.
  • Loving the fact that the exp servers are now on accelerated time. It was getting annoying only being able to play in the dark because I usually play around the same time every day.

Hope they are making good headway towards stable. This looks like it's gonna be a pretty fun patch (despite the lack of zeds and persistence). 

EDIT: I was in the US South Central 05 and 06 servers if anyone was wondering. Apparently different servers have different configurations. Not sure if this affects the loot spawning or if it's just stat (energy/hydration) depletion.

Edited by tux

Log cabin clothing-gasm. Yep, been there, done that, got the T-shirt. Seen lots of coats, dresses, jeans, track suits, etc. ... even tents. But, I haven't seen a M65 for nearly a week.

Anecdotally, it seems that most barrels have been found at police car spawns.

Oddly enough, I've had two (M65s) now in the past week

Did you happen to find the rope and sack from the same place near each other? I found mine from a bus station and I wonder if it was just a luck. I've seen flashlights and batteries spawning next to each other in other patch couple days ago.

They were together in a shed. A lovely sight to behold. )

• Like 1

Am I wrong or the drink and eat sounds when there is anyone around you are back. I had the impression this bug was fixed few days ago ...

I was in and out with sounds last night, sometimes there sometimes not.

They were together in a shed. A lovely sight to behold. )

I have not yet found a burlap sack without a rope right next to it. Generally found in sheds.

And... It seems like they are trying to update stuff for 3 hours. IS IT YOU, LOVELY STABLE?

Sadly, not today I don't think. Part of me hopes we'll get it for the weekend, but I also have to think about the poor devs who will inevitably be up late into the night (again, for the millionth time) when something doesn't go as planned. I really want Stable to be updated, but not at the expense of the beginning of their weekend :)

Another breakthrough you guys! You can now dig up worms with a stone knife. Check the spoiler for the screenshot. You can see the stone knife in my right hand.

Edit: thank you developers for listening to the community, you guys really rock!  :)

Freaking AWESOME! Thank you for sharing this!

Just had a weird bug: found a winchester and tried it out on a lone Z. Hit him, he started running towards me, hit him again, he's down. Then, about 15 seconds later I suddenly get hit by something invisible. I run away about 200m behind a building, trying to bandage. Get hit by an invisible attacker again. I run into a building and STILL get hit by something I can't see.

?

Another breakthrough you guys! You can now dig up worms with a stone knife. 

Would be grand if I could make a stone knife, havent been able to for a number of patches... unless im doing something wrong... I hold a small stone and use mouse scroll wheel but no options... 

Freaking AWESOME! Thank you for sharing this!

My pleasure, I knew people were waiting for this so first thing I did is posted it here (without even testing). But tested it shortly after and I can confirm that it works. :)
  • Like 2

Would be grand if I could make a stone knife, havent been able to for a number of patches... unless im doing something wrong... I hold a small stone and use mouse scroll wheel but no options... 

You have to be looking at the ground with the stone in your hand. Make sure you are looking at a spot where you can find a stone, use the scroll wheel, and you should see an option for "craft a stone knife". 

• Like 1

Probably just desync/lag. That will happen on Experimental servers more than anything. I often have to stand in front of a door for like 5 seconds before I get the prompt to open/close it, but I rarely -- if ever -- have such problems on Stable.

You have to be looking at the ground with the stone in your hand. Make sure you are looking at a spot where you can find a stone, use the scroll wheel, and you should see an option for "craft a stone knife". 

I need to admit, had some trouble even finding stones yesterday but I guess it was the lag. It worked after a short period of time and still does. So keep this in mind zeroy99, it could be lag. :)

You actually need to find two stones and stacke them together then hold them in your hands and then mouse wheel for the option
  • Like 2

You actually need to find two stones and stacke them together then hold them in your hands and then mouse wheel for the option

Since when?  :huh:

Does that even work? Haven't tried it so not going to call you a troll or liar.

By the way, anyone know what happened with a stone oven? 8 stones + fireplace kit (sticks + bark) doesn't work anymore, it just places the stones in the fire. Could be something I missed though.

Maybe I'm wrong but I've always stacked two stones together and was able to craft one. Maybe just luck. But I don't think it matters if your looking at the ground when u do it that way

this update since yesterday gives me CTDs every few minutes ... unable to play in a normal way .... 

Thanks for not calling me either of those. I always assumed u needed two to actually craft the thing because how else are you going to carve It into a knife? The fact ur looking at stones when u do it may also be the reason your failing to create it. Based on the fact that sometimes u find. Stone sometimes u don't. That may apply to the crafting as well

Thanks for not calling me either of those. I always assumed u needed two to actually craft the thing because how else are you going to carve It into a knife? The fact ur looking at stones when u do it may also be the reason your failing to create it. Based on the fact that sometimes u find. Stone sometimes u don't. That may apply to the crafting as well

I'm on my way to test it right now. If it wasn't for DayZ (another memory crash), I would be done already. But going to tell you guys in a bit. Edited by IMT
  • Like 1