boneboys

Exp Update: 0.57128035*

Does anyone know if the police station is still in Gorka?

It was in 0.56 and earlier in 0.57, so unless they recently took it out then it should be there. It survived the revamp of that town in 0.56, so I can't imagine they would take it out now.

I'm having real trouble with my 3pp character, since he spawned in Cherno and I am quite sure that is not helpful when it comes to memory crashes. I crash about every 5 min with that guy. I am having a bit more luck with my 1pp, although he spawned in Elektro and that seems to do no wonder either when it comes to memoray crashing. However I found some decent gear, admired the school in Elektro (was that in the previous exp build, I only saw the Cherno one then?) and am getting the hell out of town to some less memory hogging environment.

Hunters jackets are nice, scrub hats are in as well (noticed the other scrub clothes in the previous builds, but hadn't seen the hat). The office building in Elektro seems to have turned into a medical equipment supplier, no clothes or anything there, only medical supplies of all kinds.

Fire station spawns tonnes of firehelmets and fireaxes as well (which is nice). Fireaxe is again removed from the actionbar when you paint it though.

Had a remarkably crash-free hour and a half. Saw two people in Kami seeming to suggest it was looted, but there was useful gear so either they hadn't bothered or spawning was actually keeping up. Found a V3S chassis in Msta, no zombies there at all. Parked by Novy to search it and Stary- amazing amount of MP5 mags in the Novy cop shop, no zeds there either. When I got to the evac' camp in Stary I found a zombie, and shortly after a friendly scavenger who unwittingly demonstrated the existence of plenty of infected in the town by taking the one down with his repeater. We talked over rummaging through the very nice bits in the camp (AKM and ammo for it, two high cap vests and some fine boots) and I decided to call it quits so I showed him the way to the truck. 

Other than occasional server hiccups, it was a very "game" experience. Infrequent but relieving item finds and the feeling they weren't all placed there by a server reset makes me think CLE is getting there. My improvised bow and trumpet had some incompatibility though, i'll see if either still exist when I get back on. 

Just spawned in fresh on the little island just off of the south east corner of the coast, by Kamyshovo... I ran to the castle to kill myself. There, I found a sword. I decided that life wasn't so bad, and I took it and began to leave... Then, thanks to a little bit of desync, I fell. I broke my legs. I rolled all the way down the hill to the water to drown myself, hoping that I would get a spawn nearby and be able to run back for my awesome weapon (that I've never actually found before - ever). I hit the water. I did not drown.

I rolled all the way across to the lighthouse on the sea floor. :D Now to see what I can do in regards to sorting my shit out.

• Like 1

Had a remarkably crash-free hour and a half. Saw two people in Kami seeming to suggest it was looted, but there was useful gear so either they hadn't bothered or spawning was actually keeping up. -snip-

Nothing should ever spawn so immediately or in such high traffic an area, afaik.

They probably didn't appreciate the value of some of the stuff you found or weren't as thorough.

Got in about an hour or so before memory crash. 

But holy crap, everything is responsive now.

Finding stones, crafting knives, picking up objects, drinking cans, eating all the food at once, dropping, swapping, reloading, splinting...everything works!

Mostly. Not perfect. But damn...it feels like I'm playing an actual working game!

• Like 5

Just spawned in fresh on the little island just off of the south east corner of the coast, by Kamyshovo... I ran to the castle to kill myself. There, I found a sword. I decided that life wasn't so bad, and I took it and began to leave... Then, thanks to a little bit of desync, I fell. I broke my legs. I rolled all the way down the hill to the water to drown myself, hoping that I would get a spawn nearby and be able to run back for my awesome weapon (that I've never actually found before - ever). I hit the water. I did not drown.

I rolled all the way across to the lighthouse on the sea floor. :D Now to see what I can do in regards to sorting my shit out.

A man with a broken leg and a sword is a man worth saving. Embrace the challenge you've created and make this guy great. :)

• Like 3

Nothing should ever spawn so immediately or in such high traffic an area, afaik.

They probably didn't appreciate the value of some of the stuff you found or weren't as thorough.

Perhaps a combination of things, I noticed over the last week a few times items that spawned literally as I left and re-entered a given area. I'm interested to know though, if player presence has any effect on item spawn.

Played some hours today. Game runs smooth the most time. Sometimes massive desync and lags.
Had ~three CTDs (memory) per hour, grouped wood sticks can sharpened together. Saw some infected and there was enough loot.
I like the time acceleration - maybe a bit too fast.

Found a bug. Don't worry about it, Devs. I fixed this one myself. 

9O6Bdp3.jpg?1

• Like 6

Found a bug. Don't worry about it, Devs. I fixed this one myself. 

9O6Bdp3.jpg?1

I believe every single colour briefcase appears red until you wear it. :D

right after an new update it feels like xmas at grandma....

always "stuffed" from food that is everywhere.. :blush:

guns over guns...feels a bit like easy mode. 

• Like 1

Having a fun time with the torch with the sped up time. I love having a night that doesn't also last forever.

Having a fun time with the torch with the sped up time. I love having a night that doesn't also last forever.

I absolutely agree. Definitely prefer faster times, as it means that you don't have to be playing in the day, which is often not really possible. Hope this becomes the new norm, honestly.

• Like 2

Responsiveness is really good for me!  No CTD's on my end yet.

Totally digging on the newly remodeled Lumber Yard, Train Yard, Industrial Area and Port Layout in Berezino.  Thanks for the lighthouse too! It's like a whole new place to play in now, I even made all the way through and got pretty well geared in the process without getting killed!

Zeds are out there, I saw one up north on a 1pp server wandering around vicinity of the highway in the village west of Sevrograd, didn't see any in Bere or at NEAF.  Making all kinds of noises too and still pretty easy to evade.  Got one with a fire axe in two hits before this particular update, so dunno about melee combat with them yet. Seems some areas of the map are completely deserted though.

New roadblocks are going to be awesome for chokepoints, ambushes and just great to seed with mines and traps!  BUT, always remember that an obstacle is NOT an obstacle unless it is covered by Observation and Fire.  Great atmospherics too, I have been wondering where those all were.

Transition from night to daylight is much better than before too, it no longer looks like Svetlo is being melted in a nuclear weapons blast.

Oh yeah, almost forgot, you can't use the Kashtan sight as a monocular, it makes you look real close at your hand if you try.

Taking the doggies to the park and getting some lunch.  See you hairy grips later.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 3

Welp

EnnZIwn.png

Dammit! I looked!

I absolutely agree. Definitely prefer faster times, as it means that you don't have to be playing in the day, which is often not really possible. Hope this becomes the new norm, honestly.

Agreed.

I did very well to run immediately north and directly into 3 consecutive guard house buildings.

There was a lack of long arms but the loot at all 3 was stacked too perfectly....

At the very least I was 2nd or 3rd there and if those people didn't want to dig piles than I'm happy to oblige.

IF they were untouched, I really NEEDED to hit all 3 just to make a fully kitted AK74-SU with 1 mag.

Desynch caused me to catch aggro and I managed to kill maybe 6 infected with the AK.

As stated above, actions are functioning fairly well, even on mid pop servers.

Some key bugs left here of course but a big improvement.

I think I've only seen 1 CTD today personally.

Respawned in Lootzino. In a shed next to the cop shop I fond a loot explosion of hard hats.  I went into the cop shop there, found 2 RAKs and a MP5K.  So, it appears if persistence AND CLE is working?  Checked out the school again, wasn't expecting to find loot there.  I didn't.  Made a torch, tried to light it with a flare.  Not implemented. 

Mechanics worked great for me.  Didn't encounter any technical problems.  Good times, good times.   :)

I did very well to run immediately north and directly into 3 consecutive guard house buildings.

There was a lack of long arms but the loot at all 3 was stacked too perfectly....

At the very least I was 2nd or 3rd there and if those people didn't want to dig piles than I'm happy to oblige.

IF they were untouched, I really NEEDED to hit all 3 just to make a fully kitted AK74-SU with 1 mag.

Desynch caused me to catch aggro and I managed to kill maybe 6 infected with the AK.

As stated above, actions are functioning fairly well, even on mid pop servers.

Some key bugs left here of course but a big improvement.

I think I've only seen 1 CTD today personally.

be carefull, people diggin' piles of loot at guard post are a great source of gear for trigger happy players ;)