boneboys

Exp Update: 0.57128035*

There were 6 US servers up until about five minutes ago.  I spawned in Cherno, and had a model 70 within five minutes.  I made my way through the hospital, police station and then to the fire station.  While climbing the stairs in the fire station, my screen went black and then I was dead.  Not sure what happened, since there was no one in the fire station.  Now, no US servers up

There were 6 US servers up until about five minutes ago.  I spawned in Cherno, and had a model 70 within five minutes.  I made my way through the hospital, police station and then to the fire station.  While climbing the stairs in the fire station, my screen went black and then I was dead.  Not sure what happened, since there was no one in the fire station.  Now, no US servers up

You probably desynched through the floor and died from some fall damage.

Those stairs have likely claimed as many characters as almost anything else in the game....

I've got only one server showing NL-01, full of course.

Edit: f5 f5 f5 f5 f5...

Edited by BrainlessZombie

I spawned in the Naked Vybor one earlier... found a truck, server reset... You are Dead when I reconnected on one the NE US...

Got in GD-02, ~1min in, crash.

Will edit if i manage to get in instead of post a new one probably.

Edit1: GD-02 back up, 2/50, stuck on wait for host screen +2min.

Edit2: All the old exp servers just showed up!

Edited by BrainlessZombie

I got in almost as soon as the 1PP GD server came up.

In less than 5mins, grabbed a couple things.... ran into another player.... player drew aggro.... tried to open bacon.... server crash.

@spawnZ only one way to find out ;)

just got on a server named "WIN-HBC4M3HNMO6" ...

on for 1:30 min, then session lost

that one poor GD - 02 server though... must be getting hammered by requests right now^^

Edited by Gannaf

I'm excited to play with this new camera, I'd love a DayZ world where we are no longer split between 3pp and 1pp, it's tragic to me. :(

• Like 2

There's something not quite right about how this guy holds a canteen.

9iemQDGl.jpg

• Like 3

Just got on GD, the only one available, kept getting Wait for host, Ping showed at 280, after I bowed out it was at 800...

Not quite sure what is happening yet, I'm just fresh out of bed and had no coffee yet, forgive me ^^

My guy holds his knife like a gun ^^

Edited by Demonica

Can anyone arround here share some knolege on what's actually being done during server maintenance?

Everyone who is asking about the servers should look at Brian Hicks twitter.

Ah Yes, that would explain it a bit. Would someone be so kind as to explain "rolling restarts" to me? And maybe bring me a second cup of coffee spiked with Red Bull? ^^

Character seems to have been reset, played 5 minutes, and then I encountered it: My first CTD in ever since I started playing again 2 weeks ago. Did anyone else's char get reset?

Also on 3pp server no loot whatsoever, I mean also no books, no junk, one of those completely dry ones.

Restarting game, trying again :)

Edited by Demonica
  • Like 1

A lot of memory leak CTDs on this one, so it is a bit difficult to notice performance changes (stuttering as well, memory leak related i guess).

I did spawn just next to the new roadblocks outside of Cherno. Very nice, with a crashed bus and several cars. Hopefully they will keep adding such apocalypse details as they go along.

Edited by BadAsh

No CTD's here.

Game is running well for me.

Still having trouble picking up loot.

Just leaving the room and coming back helps.

Performing an action works but just picking up does not.

I was lucky to get a fresh guard house in 1PP and after that a mountain backpack.

Grabbed a few essentials, stocked up on apples and headed north.

I'm excited to play with this new camera, I'd love a DayZ world where we are no longer split between 3pp and 1pp, it's tragic to me. :(

I started a 3PP character who encountered less loot (as expected) but is doing well.

If the camera changed, it didn't seem to prevent looking over walls.

No zombies in interior towns seen.

Hoping to find some up north when I hop back on.

I had 2 memory crashes now. One when I just logged-in and the other when trying to switch a coat with another one.

Can anyone who's currently playing give me an idea of what the map changes are like? Supposedly the new road blocks are all over the place and I'm stuck at work for another 6 hours :(

There's something not quite right about how this guy holds a canteen.

9iemQDGl.jpg

My precious. We're going to drinks the water now, yes precious? Yes precious, we are.

Edited by Ebrim

Holy CRAP!!!  Be wicked careful driving on the Highway west of Severograd!!   I am not ganna spoil it and I didn't take any pictures because it was dark and there was no moon yet.  I didn't check it for loot either but I damn near hit it full speed.  Wow!!  Good job guys!!!!  You're all gonna love it, it's gonna be a GREAT spot!!!!!!!!!