boneboys

Exp Update: 0.57128035*

Barnabus- that's exactly what I was talking' bout (#showinmyage)

I wonder what the demographics are for DayZ

:lol:

That's a Pittsburgh thing (also pronounced "yinz"). I promise I don't speak such nonsense.

Tatanko, don't get me started with Pittsburgh.... :-)

• Like 1

Tatanko, don't get me started with Pittsburgh.... :-)

WHat?  You not a stellars (Stealers) fan?

Its getting worse cant survive for more than 30 sec now.

I hate to say try southcentral, but I would feel bad not mentioning that it seems some servers are screwed up. I was on southwest and I was cold and starving before the zombies even got started eating. I switched to southcentral and food, ammo, fun, rifle, ammo, backpack, food..food, gunfight. :-)

I hate to say try southcentral, but I would feel bad not mentioning that it seems some servers are screwed up. I was on southwest and I was cold and starving before the zombies even got started eating. I switched to southcentral and food, ammo, fun, rifle, ammo, backpack, food..food, gunfight. :-)

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/225601-status-report-02-jun-2015/#entry2271407

Go there, read that, explains quite a bit about accelerated hunger and thirst.

Whatever happened to fubar this last patch apparently happened at the 0 hour.

Maybe we will see a patch late in the morning here in NYC....

"Enquiring minds want to know..."

Edited by BioHaze

My dad was from Washington, PA, they say it down there too.  Please note I never did say you said it.  BTW Pittsburgh, home of the best Zombie and one of the hottest Vampire movies ever!

i live in Pittsburgh and got to shake Tom Savini's hand, brush shoulders with Ken Foree in Monroeville Mall and said hello to Mr George Romero himself!  These guys are all normal people in Pittsburgh :)  Greg Nicotero (head makeup dude on The Walking Dead) is also from Pittsburgh!

• Like 3

i live in Pittsburgh and got to shake Tom Savini's hand, brush shoulders with Ken Foree in Monroeville Mall and said hello to Mr George Romero himself!  These guys are all normal people in Pittsburgh :)  Greg Nicotero (head makeup dude on The Walking Dead) is also from Pittsburgh!

I bet none of the above say "yinz".

*shudder*

• Like 1

Seeing as how the servers are down and there's not much else to talk about ...

My pop's folks come from Johnstown, PA and they definitely talk funny! Youinz was their preferred pronunciation.

It sounds strange, because it's not something that you hear every day (unless you live there). In my travels, I've heard quite a bit of regional strangeness.

• Like 2

So, ya darn. 2 UK servers and an Aus server popping up and down and no go on the join cause bad version. Sigh. It was odd last night, I started in a weird place I've never started before. I'm usually on the coast. This time I was on a sloping hillside with a small scattered but fairly robust town with some larger buildings up the hill and I was just out in the open and had zombies in visual range. I ran around and did the best I could then headed west and I ran along a stream for ages and passed a couple really nice looking ponds and just when I was sure I was totally lost, I saw the fence and guard towers of NW Airfield. I've never come in from due east before. I must have run almost the whole map from east to the NW Airfield and didn't see a thing except a couple stray houses and 1 really small town. I popped one zombie with my svd near one of the downed helicopters and then braced for a horde of zombies to attack and the rest were just milling around like bored zombies. Ah well.

i live in Pittsburgh and got to shake Tom Savini's hand, brush shoulders with Ken Foree in Monroeville Mall and said hello to Mr George Romero himself! These guys are all normal people in Pittsburgh :) Greg Nicotero (head makeup dude on The Walking Dead) is also from Pittsburgh!

That's really awesome , I've been thinking of taking a road trip to the mall , but I need to set up more stops to make it more worth while ... Maybe I'll visit the graveyard and farm house from Night of the living dead which is also in PA!

Speaking of talking funny, Does anyone else almost constantly use "accents" when speaking with other players for the first time? When I fear people for their equipment I will actually try and mirror their accent. As a telephone salesman in my past I've mastered that trick. Works especially well on texans.

Usually I greet people in a british accent (I'm canadian, but with no recognizable accent beyond "from north america"). I don;t know why I greet them in a british accent, It just seems friendlier, as if brits are more civil or something :)

Other times when I just want to have some fun with people I'll use east or west indian accents, french, german, russian, australian, christopher walken, and my personal favorite, gollum (also smeagol).

I've been told that my gollum accent is flawless, so if you ever see a survivor squatting and crawling and ranting about the precious or the master of the precious, it's probably me! :)

Also, I tend to play my guitar and sing into my microphone while cooking food stuffs, so that would be another giveaway that you have encountered a wild flimflam!

Edited by FlimFlamm
  • Like 2

Speaking of talking funny, Does anyone else almost constantly use "accents" when speaking with other players for the first time? When I fear people for their equipment I will actually try and mirror their accent. As a telephone salesman in my past I've mastered that trick. Works especially well on texans.

Usually I greet people in a british accent (I'm canadian, but with no recognizable accent beyond "from north america"). I don;t know why I greet them in a british accent, It just seems friendlier, as if brits are more civil or something :)

Other times when I just want to have some fun with people I'll use east or west indian accents, french, german, russian, australian, christopher walken, and my personal favorite, gollum (also smeagol).

I've been told that my gollum accent is flawless, so if you ever see a survivor squatting and crawling and ranting about the precious or the master of the precious, it's probably me! :)

Also, I tend to play my guitar and sing into my microphone while cooking food stuffs, so that would be another giveaway that you have encountered a wild flimflam!

I am not that talkative in game, I had some one type to me he didn't trust me BECAUSE of my accent.  I pointed out that he was the one wearing a cowboy hat and went my own way.

I am not that talkative in game, I had some one type to me he didn't trust me BECAUSE of my accent.  I pointed out that he was the one wearing a cowboy hat and went my own way.

Sounds like an ignorant jerk wad to me! Good riddance to bad rubbish right? Some people are quite xenophobic about people with accents or foreigners. It's quite prejudiced if you ask me. I personally adore unique accents, and I have a thing for southern American accents (perhaps even more friendly and inviting than the supposed civility of the brits :) ). Something about duplicating them, facsimile in general just titillates me endlessly. I love the art of producing the likeness of something. Whether it's music, art, accents, or even zombie makeup, or mockery as some ignorantly call it, is a great form of flattery! When you think about it, DayZ is a simulator, fantastical yes, but a simulator none the less. It tries to create a facsimilie of 'life'. video games, and also the roleplay within them, can be high art!

On the subject of prejudice, often times when I do my east Indian accent I get subjected to genuine racism and discrimination. It is at the same time a unique and interesting experience for me, and a disgusting one.

If their prejudice is light then I will carry on with the accent and try to school them, but sometimes for whatever reason people get really hardcore racist on me, in which case I revert to a western accent and do my best to shame them for being a bad person :)

Edited by FlimFlamm

On a slightly unrelated , Does anyone know any good songs I could sing and play on the Gee-tar in the zombie apocalypse? Currently I mostly sing leadbelly but I've been looking for new songs to learn!

What kind of songs would you like to hear should you find yourself trapped in an apocalypse?

(I've already tapped into "I got the zombie girlfriend blues" material, it just writes itself :) )

"I got the Zombie Girlfriend Bluuuees...

Yea I got the Zombie Girlfriend Bluueess.....

I tried to kiss my girlfriend --- But she didn't have no face at alll...."

Edited by FlimFlamm

On a slightly unrelated , Does anyone know any good songs I could sing and play on the Gee-tar in the zombie apocalypse?

What kind of songs would you like to hear should you find yourself trapped in an apocalypse?

(I've already tapped into "I got the zombie girlfriend blues" material, it just writes itself :) )

This should keep you busy.

• Like 2

Does anyone know what's going on with the servers by any chance?

They are fuxored.

An update was pushed to client and a handful of servers but we get "bad version" when trying to connect.

We buried that bit of info in a bunch of off topic shenanigans regarding regional accents.

*My guess is we will see an update between 6 a.m. and 3 p.m. tomorrow eastern standard time, along with more news regarding plans for what may come to stable.

(*All views expressed here are solely the logical/illogical psychic powers of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the views of the DayZ development team.)

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 2

This should keep you busy.

Well even though I don't have the skill to shred like that, nor do I have an electric guitar. I agree to compose a rendition of it so long as you sing back up :)

• Like 1

Well even though I don't have the skill to shred like that, nor do I have an electric guitar. I agree to compose a rendition of it so long as you sing back up :)

If acoustic is your thing i would try this little relaxing tune.

• Like 2

Yes, I like to use accents too, my favorite is Eastern European, I ask people if they would like to play some muultiplyer with me, then they run away..

Edited by Coheed_IV
  • Like 1

On a slightly unrelated , Does anyone know any good songs I could sing and play on the Gee-tar in the zombie apocalypse? Currently I mostly sing leadbelly but I've been looking for new songs to learn!

"I got the Zombie Girlfriend Bluuuees...

Yea I got the Zombie Girlfriend Bluueess.....

I tried to kiss my girlfriend --- But she didn't have no face at alll...."

Damn, I was hoping to get on for an hour before leaving for college when I saw the tweet last night... Guess it's not happening.

One thing I will point out, as it's the only thing I've been able to see about this EXP patch, due to the servers not working, is that all of the servers have an x next to the time. I believe that means that the time is accelerated, which implies, to me, that they want to test something in relation to day and night cycles... Maybe.

If acoustic is your thing i would try this little relaxing tune.

I actually really like how this song sounds, I'm trying to learn it right now but it's kind of difficult

There are a few unique chords but I can almost play it well. If we ever meet I'll give it a shot for you :)

Edited by FlimFlamm

All the experimental servers went down, first time Ive seen them all down in a few hours, hopefully this means the fix is incoming!

Edited by FlimFlamm