boneboys

Exp Update: 0.57128035*

Servers went down again. Before that I already ended up in a bum fistfight with a ashwood stick -wielding guy in Svetlo, which I lost :D It's always crowded and hella dangerous in spawn areas after wipe.

Back to spamming refresh again. After I died I got the Cherno spawn. I want to be the first in so I can gtfo before all the carnage :D

Edited by Sister Ray

well i found myself in new berezino :) straightup started running for krasno

that was a nice start ^^

dubky spawn ?

Nah, in the pianohouse at the end of the pier in the docks of inner-city Cherno.

Well, if that's true.. that's not exactly a good sign.  :/

Yeah its true but you are right that is not good at all to easy to find. I could show a screenshot but i dont know how to do that.

Yeah its true but you are right that is not good at all to easy to find. I could show a screenshot but i dont know how to do that.

tap printscreen or use F12

spawned in berezino too, i was looting and taking a look a the new buildings there when the server shut down

Heh similar to me but i was looking at new cementery in Berezino.

servers up !

edit : i'm too slow for this ****

Edited by SpawnZ

i straight off found an ak with mag at a bmp wreck, then accidently took a weapon flashlight into my hands, he made the weapon on back animation and my ak is gone :(

2 Dayz.exe crashes in last 15 mins. :(

Edited by Pan_Andrzej
  • Like 1

M'kay then. I think I might sit this one out. Sorry people. I could barely handle no zeds. No loot seems like a level of hell.

It really wasn't, though! The challenge was nice. In fact, it really wasn't a challenge at all -- get yourself loaded up on apples or berries, warm up with a fire, and then go hunting. The game still needs many more ways of living directly off the land (like shelter, gardening, etc. without manufactured tools), but the basics are all there even without loot. It would have been more interesting with 0.55-style zombies I think (fast and powerful).

• Like 1

i straight off found an ak with mag at a bmp wreck, then accidently took a weapon flashlight into my hands, he made the weapon on back animation and my ak is gone :(

Check to see if it's in something, even in something that seems unlikely/impossible.

2 Dayz.exe crashes in last 15 mins. :(

same here, i´m using -winxp launch parameter. 2 crashes after 10 minutes inside server aprox, my server is UK 05 -01 3rd person ON . People i see on the road is very friendly like normally in experimental.

Edited by juliomagno

Okay, just played for a short time, spawned in Cherno, so that's where my results are.

Current settings:

Resolution (All res) 1280x720 (No 1080p monitor & I record, so 720 makes the most sense)

2 Monitors, my main downscaled to 720p in game, but usually runs at 1600x1200. Other monitor is 1360x780, remains active while playing (browser & HWMonitor - temps, voltages, utilization, etc)

SETTINGS:

VSync Off

Quality:

Objects - Low (gonna test this with mid or high - was very low to start with, low didn't seem to make much of a difference in FPS)

Terrain - Very Low (changing this seems to have no effect at all - not visually or FPS)

Clouds - Off

Shadows - Very Low

Rendering:

Antialiasing: Low

ATOC: All trees & grass

Edge Smoothing: FXAA High

HDR & Ambient Occlusion on lowest possible (one is disabled, the other is very low(?))

Post Process: Medium

Bloom & Motion Blur off entirely - I hate both of them.

No launch params, no WinXP or anything like that. Fairly high FOV.

In Cherno, running all around it, the FPS ranged from 30 at the lowest (excluding a single lag spike that lasted ~2 seconds as I entered Cherno, with the FPS dropping to 10) to 50 at the highest (while outside and looking at buildings - much higher when indoors or looking away from buildings, obviously). Right in the center of Cherno, at the memorial, looking around at shops and clock tower, averaged about 45fps.

Overall, I can't conclude too much from this little test - I rarely visit Cherno and am not sure what FPS I usually get there. This was on a 1pp server, which had, I believe, 25 people on it. Will have to run to Berezino or Novo, which is where I tend to have the worst frame rate (as low as 18 in the town centers) to see what it's like there. I'm assuming that a solid 30+ FPS in Cherno, however, is an improvement. Far from the improvements I've seen mentioned, but those were 'at best' in all fairness, which was performance at 400% in some cases - I'd estimate mine around 130% pre-this patch, and we still have 2 exp updates to go before stable, I believe, which might carry more performance improvements with them.

Bare in mind, however, that at these settings, I think the game looks fucking awesome and I'd consider this more than playable. Will have to see how recording in one of the previously mentioned towns goes in regards to FPS, to see whether I'd be happy from here on out. However, recording in Cherno, on my low-high-ranged rig (though my OC is to 4.6GHZ, which is pretty high end - I have an FX6350) seems pretty doable at 30FPS, even with good aesthetics. In the past, I'd have to drop my scene complexity to ~100,000 - 150,000 to get the FPS I'm getting in Cherno right now at 300,000 - though it's not quite linear with the performance increases and settings, of course. I'd guess I'd average around 55FPS in Cherno on my old settings, which is nice, but just straight up ugly (pop-ins were awful).

EDIT: Adding in specs

AMD FX 6350 - OC'd to 4.6GHZ, no Turbo

16GB 1333mhz Ram - OC'd to 1600mhz

AMD Radeon HD 7870

Samsung 850 Evo SSD with OS, DayZ is installed here (other SSD's and HDD's don't matter, so not posting them)

Anything else, honestly, shouldn't impact DayZ and, as such, I'll leave it out. That said, temps are absolutely fine while playing DayZ, as it doesn't hit my CPU or GPU that much.

Edited by Beizs

problem is getting worms, not sure if there is an all natural way to worms yet.

Usually you have to eat raw beef which contains cysts.

• Like 2

Check to see if it's in something, even in something that seems unlikely/impossible.

no its just gone, seems like a new bug , if u have a gun in your hands and you pull anpother item to your hands, the gun disappears !

relogging sometimes helps immediately but i didnt know that then 

no its just gone, seems like a new bug , if u have a gun in your hands and you pull anpother item to your hands, the gun disappears !

It's certainly possible it disappeared as you describe but when I had a gun disappear on me, I later found it inside a flare gun I was carrying. I reported the bug and it's scheduled for a fix but it may still be in this version.

I just had something similar happen with a fire ax. Poof ... gone!

EDIT: After re-logging the ax was mysteriously back in my inventory.

Edited by BleedoutBill