holzflasche

Advanced Infected Functions

:beans: "The infection is an already problem for survivors." :beans:

The zombies can hit you and something, but at the moment the infection disease cannot transfer to the suvivor.
That is a great problem for the survive aspect. So I thing a got a idea which fix that and give the game
a new atmosphere. Mosquitoes are already alive. The immortal species and they immune from the infection but they don´t only bite human or animals also zombies who are infected. After this their thorn are infected and can transfer the infection to healthy humans after they bite you.

540_0_6adaf316f9db9bc54b950a09446dd428.j

To avoid this you must clean your body regularly or after a long walk at the best with desinfetion spray or in a lake or sea.
But this only lowers the chance to got the infection from the mosquitoes and her thron.
To lowers the chance too you can take bug spray or wear heavy clothing.

Mosquitoes are life in wet areas and by dead people, trash and big town where are the zombies to. And you can see the big mosquitoes swarms and shouldn't go into it or stay so long into the near.

5673927056_b32190f405.jpg

So the change to infected by a mosquitoes is really low but they are here.
To the infection to realize you feel a heavy feiber and your player are often unconscious. When you realize it, is it too late.

So this is my idea, sorry for my bad english but I like this idea and they circles in my head since the release.

Thank you to read my post. Leave a comment here, maybe you got improvements. :D :thumbsup: Edited by Holzflasche
  • Like 3

Mosquitos biting you would be an interesting thing to add into the game. I foresee that most players will berate and become annoyed about how something so small could be so massive even though the concept is, is that in reality, mosquitoes do cause a big threat even in this modern age and day.

Here is something I'd like to see.

• Mosquitoes may contaminate stagnant water whether in barrels, lakes, or any body of water that is not in motion. This would work by them setting their larvae into the lake and may contain malaria.
  • Mosquitoes would be more common in areas that contains water(Not salt water).
  • Mosquitoes may be prevented by wearing protective clothing which includes pants, long sleeve shirts, shoes and some type of mask.
  • Using smoke from a torch would repel insects. Even cigarettes would play a partial role.

Then again, mosquitoes don't really incline to stay in areas that have a cold climate. They thrive for warmer temperatures and more of a humid type of environment. They tend to hibernate around colder climates I believe.

However, I'd love to see wild animals contain types of diseases that you can contract from if you happen if you happened to get scratched or bit by a rabid wolf or something like that.

Edited by TIC321

Survivors being immune to the infection is a design choice, not an unfinished feature. 

• Like 1

Mosquitos biting you would be an interesting thing to add into the game.

Thank you. I don`t know how to write this. I take sting because the thorn.

Thank you man.

Then again, mosquitoes don't really incline to stay in areas that have a cold climate.

Chernarus is located by the Caspian Sea in the near of Karalat, Russia. You can good see this in the first Gameplay Trailer from ArmA 2.

This location got a good temperature and humidity for the mosquitoes.

ArmA 2 Gameplay Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmUjICT0i8M

Edited by Holzflasche
  • Like 1

one day i hope they add in the disease from zeds again aswell as other like influenza and the common cold,dysentery,cholera, are all things i would like to see even some chronic disease that you have to live with/maintain through out your toons life yes i'm sure most would just suicide yet some of us would like the challenge and struggle on with it. i would also like the ability to when the zeds actually if ever can spread infection to coat your weapon in there blood or body and be able to have the chance to infect if i hit a person of course if it rains and over time the weapon would lose the chance to do this. an OP i like your idea with the insects anything to make my life in chenarus more brutal i'm all for.

Chernarus is located by the Caspian Sea in the near of Karalat, Russia. You can good see this in the first Gameplay Trailer from ArmA 2.

This location got a good temperature and humidity for the mosquitoes.

ArmA 2 Gameplay Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmUjICT0i8M

I stand corrected. Mosquitoes definitely can thrive in this region. :P

As said before, we will never be able to get the zombie virus, this is as intended.  They are going to add more diseases and infections that we can catch, but I don't know if they could really pull of mosquitoes well.  Could they do something as small as a mosquito, other than as a particle?  I mean a while ago they showed off some sort of hopping mouse, but that's still quite larger than a mosquito.  From what I've been reading the AI for zombies have been screwing with the servers currently and the next stable patch zombies are suppose to be turned off till they fix the performance issue.  Now add in something as small and numerous as a mosquito.

I like the overall idea, but don't think they could pull it off in a realistic manner.

I remember Counter Strike: Source Zombie mod. All 50 players start as people they all gear up and run to certain spot and suddenly one of this people convert to zombie itself and one little bite convert to zombie other players. At end of the round (4 minutes) its often no peoples left xD. I start remember all the story about "zombies" start from that cs shooter. It wil be good if zombies can infect you via blood and you just convert to zombie, so its not like    --- you are dead - black screen  -- start another game.  Its like  ---  you become zombie --- black screen  --  start another game.  Of course this zombie from player stay on server until someone kill him. That will be great.

I stand corrected. Mosquitoes definitely can thrive in this region. :P

Mosquitoes are pretty common in the UK, especially near bodies of water. I live near a lake so summer is an itch fest. Pretty sure they exist all over the world, except in deserts and, like, Scandinavia. Malaria is a different story, though.

I wouldn't like it if mosquitoes could spread disease. Sure, it happens in real life, but it'd be a pain to hear a buzz and get a little pop up in the corner "I think I have AIDS".

Disease from player interaction, however - so with zombies, drinking from lakes, eating near corpses, being hit by zombies etc etc is fine, but a feature that'd effectively function like a roll of the dice... not so keen on that.

• Like 1

Personally i think the design choice is rather lame that everyone is immune to zombie infection. Zombie infection needs to be just as hazardous as any other form of disease or virus. That way ppl cant pass off the infected as just a "joke" as many ppl like to put it sometimes.

Edited by Deathlove

Personally i think the design choice is rather lame that everyone is immune to zombie infection. Zombie infection needs to be just as hazardous as any other form of disease or virus. That way ppl cant pass off the infected as just a "joke" as many ppl like to put it sometimes.

It isn't really the infection that people consider a joke. It's more the zombies that are joked about, as until recently you could pretty much ignore them and be completely fine (Of course now they just ruin your pristine pants with one punch to the chest)

:beans: "The infection is an already problem for survivors." :beans:

The zombies can hit you and something, but at the moment the infection disease cannot transfer to the suvivor.

That is a great problem for the survive aspect. So I thing a got a idea which fix that and give the game

a new atmosphere. Mosquitoes are already alive. The immortal species and they immune from the infection but they don´t only bite human or animals also zombies who are infected. After this their thorn are infected and can transfer the infection to healthy humans after they bite you.

540_0_6adaf316f9db9bc54b950a09446dd428.j

To avoid this you must clean your body regularly or after a long walk at the best with desinfetion spray or in a lake or sea.

But this only lowers the chance to got the infection from the mosquitoes and her thron.

To lowers the chance too you can take bug spray or wear heavy clothing.

Mosquitoes are life in wet areas and by dead people, trash and big town where are the zombies to. And you can see the big mosquitoes swarms and shouldn't go into it or stay so long into the near.

5673927056_b32190f405.jpg

So the change to infected by a mosquitoes is really low but they are here.

To the infection to realize you feel a heavy feiber and your player are often unconscious. When you realize it, is it too late.

So this is my idea, sorry for my bad english but I like this idea and they circles in my head since the release.

Thank you to read my post. Leave a comment here, maybe you got improvements. :D :thumbsup:

What I would like more is after a while lets say 20 min players will get flies who can make you sick if you're standing close to the body for a long time

What I would like more is after a while lets say 20 min players will get flies who can make you sick if you're standing close to the body for a long time

Agreed. Realism would be nice, but a system that's basically RNG would negatively effect the experience in my opinion.