ColdAtrophy

Can Someone Explain What This Means?

I'm a new player so this went right over my head. What is he talking about? What are the Stary tents?

I'm a new player so this went right over my head. What is he talking about? What are the Stary tents?

They were numerous tents in Stary Sobor that contained military weapons. Usually under watch by hidden snipers in the hills.

• Like 1

They were numerous tents in Stary Sobor that contained military weapons. Usually under watch by hidden snipers in the hills.

So does this mean that they are adding those mil tents back to Stary Sobor? 

So does this mean that they are adding those mil tents back to Stary Sobor? 

I think they were removed, because it was too easy and often that site got camped. And people never cared much to search the town itself, because of the traffic there. It's usually smart to put these bases away from the city, to move these hotspots a bit apart from each other. It was a nice place in some of the mods, because there were NPC traders, which had a godzone around them. So you could actually chat with people without any fear. I see how these godzones are gimmicky, but it was nice to have these places sometimes. 

I think there needs to be some military presence in the Northeast/the Berenzino area. Stary Sobor is soclose to 2 other (real) miltary camps, I think it should stay as it is.Plus there are two chopper crashes near it, which still give it some interest.  

I think they were removed, because it was too easy and often that site got camped. And people never cared much to search the town itself, because of the traffic there. It's usually smart to put these bases away from the city, to move these hotspots a bit apart from each other. It was a nice place in some of the mods, because there were NPC traders, which had a godzone around them. So you could actually chat with people without any fear. I see how these godzones are gimmicky, but it was nice to have these places sometimes. 

I think there needs to be some military presence in the Northeast/the Berenzino area. Stary Sobor is soclose to 2 other (real) miltary camps, I think it should stay as it is.Plus there are two chopper crashes near it, which still give it some interest.  

That fear you talk about, it made Stary one of the best towns on the map. Can't wait for those tents to be back :D

Edited by MartinD

Nice! I always missed the tents in DayZ SA. :(

• Like 1

After crossing the 1000 hour mark I was considering taking a little break from the game.  Then they go and do something like this...

R4oj2nE.jpg?1

Edited by IReadTheAgreement
  • Like 1

After crossing the 1000 hour mark I was considering taking a little break from the game. Then they go and do something like this...

R4oj2nE.jpg?1

Yeah, I had 1,500 hours back in October. Since then I've barely logged 100. They're gonna have to do better than this to lure me back before full release on a consistent basis! I play for maybe ten hours each new patch that hits stable.

What was the reference?  I didn't catch it.

Any changes that move pvp to the middle of the map, and off of the coast, will be interesting, to say the least!  

New sound update, more scopes, and tents moving back to Stary Sobor is big news!  I can't wait!

That fear you talk about, it made Stary one of the best towns on the map. Can't wait for those tents to be back :D

But the whole town was neglected because of the camp. That was the main point I tried to make. It's a nice little town now. But somehow that whole area still feels weird to me, too. I just don't think a camp there would cut it. Somewhere was suggested to expand Stary and Novy to make a new, bigger town there. I think that could stretch out things enough to make space for a camp and a firestation and whatnot.

>>EDIT: Okay, I just saw on updates that the military tents there are coming back!<<

Edited by S3V3N

Thanks for all the info people. What was the reference that we all missed? Does anyone know?

What was the reference?  I didn't catch it.

What was the reference that we all missed? Does anyone know?

Here:

Our Environment Lead, Senchi has been working on several changes to Chernarus + for 0.57 and on - but looking at 0.56 we'll be seeing the new Village Potraviny (Store) placed across the map, as well as a refactoring of some of the key police station locations along the coastal regions. In addition, time allowing - we will see some small changes to the iconic Stary Sobor barn location as well.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/224552-status-report-29-apr-15/

As someone who did not play the Mod, I missed it initially as well. Also, some are claiming that this is a "confirmation" that the military tents are returning and I wouldn't go so far as to say that. Brian himself cast some doubt on it last night in the same breath on Twitter:

• Like 3

Thank you very much Tatanko!  :beans:  :beans:  :beans:  :beans:

This is the reference from the last status report:

we will see some small changes to the iconic Stary Sobor barn location as well.

I'm feeling slightly skeptical to be honest, not sure how weapon progression is going to work if there's military weapons in the center of the map. Use the CLE to confine high grade civilian weapons like the SKS and Model 70 to mid-map towns like Stary, keep military weapons far west. 

Edited by B4GEL