Sign in to follow this  
Apollo'sFire

Dynamic Events

So in the status report, it was said that the team has been working on dynamic events, personally I'm pretty excited about the idea, I'm not sure what they're referring to as "dynamic events" but for me I know I would LOVE to have a "ghost" train. Maybe the conductor turned while he was conducting and the throttle is stuck and the door is locked so we can't access the cabin to kill him and take over the train. Anywho, I think it would be cool if the train traveled up and down the map only slightly slowing down in towns, so if you have to get food or something you gotta be quick or get left behind. Perhaps breaking down every so often and you have to find the engine part etc. This is just my thought about something that could be considered a dynamic event, anything else you guys would like to see?

Well the zombie is trapped in the cabin, preventing a player from taking over the train, but the throttle is stuck from whatever happened so it's in continual travel mode...of sorts

Maybe the conductor turned while he was conducting and the throttle is stuck and the door is locked so we can't access the cabin to kill him and take over the train

Or realistic evens such as army bases, army convoys, plane crashes etc.

• Like 3

Planecrashes :D or overhelmed survivercamps in the forest with maaany infected, but I dont think "dynamic events" means events like that.

Edited by imun

Or realistic evens such as army bases, army convoys, plane crashes etc.

Perhaps the train was carrying said convoy? yeah it may not be the most plausible scenario for a dynamic event, but this is a vidya game ... With zombies ... which aren't real ... so yeah

Well the zombie is trapped in the cabin, preventing a player from taking over the train, but the throttle is stuck from whatever happened so it's in continual travel mode...of sorts

whats powering the train?

• Like 1

Maybe the tracks are electrical, or maybe you have to find a diesel tanker and drive it to the train to fill it up, or maybe it's solar, or coal powered? Would give us a reason to go to the numerous quarries throughout the map, or it could be alien technology that runs on the hopes and dreams if the survivors lol

I think having an electric track would be the most plausible, but in order for it to work, the towns with stations would need to have a type of grid that would need to be activated, if you miss a town then the train will only make it so far between each grid radius?? Brainstorming over here

The only time I want to see trains (other then the static ones) In dayZ are ones you can drive. They added catenary wire in the last update so hopefully we'll see some electrical locomotives from the Czech republic 

The only time I want to see trains (other then the static ones) In dayZ are ones you can drive. They added catenary wire in the last update so hopefully we'll see some electrical locomotives from the Czech republic 

As long as it's possible to derail them...

Does anybody have an idea of what type of events they are referring to? I might post it in dev section see what they say.

whats powering the train?

I was about to ask this.

By dynamic events they meant heli crashes and police cars.

Edited by Yazar8

By dynamic events they meant heli crashes and police cars.

Yes.

As in Wasteland / ArmA or other DayZ spinoff mods, not going to happen.

Three words.

Giant. Roving. Hordes.

• Like 1

So in the status report, it was said that the team has been working on dynamic events, personally I'm pretty excited about the idea, I'm not sure what they're referring to as "dynamic events" but for me I know I would LOVE to have a "ghost" train. Maybe the conductor turned while he was conducting and the throttle is stuck and the door is locked so we can't access the cabin to kill him and take over the train. Anywho, I think it would be cool if the train traveled up and down the map only slightly slowing down in towns, so if you have to get food or something you gotta be quick or get left behind. Perhaps breaking down every so often and you have to find the engine part etc. This is just my thought about something that could be considered a dynamic event, anything else you guys would like to see?

i was hoping the train could be used eventually but i was hoping it would have to be repaired and maintained by players like a mobile base it could have storage and places to chill maybe the windows could be boarded up etc(no fucking mounted guns). i could see folks fighting for this and coming up with plans to stop it maybe we could build roadblocks use explosives to not derail(don't think they would want to code the physics involved)but damage the engine lose some wheels which you would have to repair. maybe it could even have a place to put a truck or land a small heli. of course this thing would be a bullseye and you would always get attacked for the most part but eh it would create a lot of interaction and crazy battles.

one other dynamic event i thought would be cool or server event whatever terminology you want to use would be to have a power station that the players could get fixed and working and would power the street lights and such in the towns. of course you would have to find the proper tools and parts and the power sation would create a lot of noise so hordes of zeds would show up as well as be there when you first arrive point being that you would have to have multiple players on to keep it going and to defend it. things like this i could see in the future or at least i hope to see i think things like this could keep the players occupied as well as change the servers dynamically like fighting in elektro at night without lights would give you alot of hiding spots in the shadows and what not then the lights suddenly come on and your right under a street light lit up like a christmas tree oh shit gunfire starts coming your way followed by the 6 zeds that spot you.

one other dynamic event i thought would be cool or server event whatever terminology you want to use would be to have a power station that the players could get fixed and working and would power the street lights and such in the towns. of course you would have to find the proper tools and parts and the power sation would create a lot of noise so hordes of zeds would show up as well as be there when you first arrive point being that you would have to have multiple players on to keep it going and to defend it. things like this i could see in the future or at least i hope to see i think things like this could keep the players occupied as well as change the servers dynamically like fighting in elektro at night without lights would give you alot of hiding spots in the shadows and what not then the lights suddenly come on and your right under a street light lit up like a christmas tree oh shit gunfire starts coming your way followed by the 6 zeds that spot you.

I've always liked the idea of having to power up a towns electrical generators so you can have lights or power in that town ... Eugen harton just recently said in a tweet (answering multiple questions at a time) that electricity WOULD eventually be in the game , so this dream is not too far off, I love this idea because it reminds me so much of resident evil 3 when you have to visit the substation and turn it back on but you have to decide whether to leave out the back door when a horde of zombies comes , or to fry them all and short circuit the electrical breakers again ... In dayz this wouldn't be an easy task and I'm guessing this area would be camped on like many of the military areas around the map because when you have electricity you have power , you can invite other survivors to your "electric powered base" where you provide them warm houses , fresh grown food , and maybe even a hot shower (lol) all the while your men are lookin for more parts to upkeep the repairs of the electric power supply (maybe even gas will be needed for generators that are smaller).