Jonah_Hobbes

Don't log out in a truck

You'll log back in with a broken leg.

You'll log back in with a broken leg.

Sorry to hear that , today i thought i was screwed as my internet dropped as i was a passenger in a truck , i was sure i would be dead from it . Logged in standing in the middle of the road just outside stary with nothing wrong(guess its like ladders some will kill some wont , roll of the dice.

You can break your legs when you run into something while driving ... might that have been the case?

• Like 1

lol w0t, why are you complaining? I remember the patch when you died if you logged out or crashed in a truck :P.

But yeah, I'm pretty sure that's not always the case, maybe just bad luck was involved. Sorry to hear, see you rolling around in Chernarus :x.

I got the server has not responded for 20 21 22 message while I was driving a truck and the throttle stuck wide open, I could steer but I couldn't brake, faster and faster and blam into a tree went on it's side, stood back up and started speeding up again so I turned it into a house and it was stuck and I was laughing so hard when it finally let go of me. When I logged back in, I figured I would be all screwed up,but I was teleported back to the spot I left the ground from when I first stepped into the truck. I had to run a long way to the accident site and found the truck in the middle of the u-turn I was making when it crashed. I thought I was going to have to go way off into the woods and try to find that tree I bounced off of and then the house I ended up at, but there was my truck safe and sound. Now that was very different from the time I accidentally went off the map and dropped through the ground and got stuck, logged and died. I carry a second rifle,so I don't climb or ride much :-D

Nah I was fine before I logged out. Came back no truck. It was ok I had a hacksaw and made a splint.

I don't know if it has changed but my internet drops regularly so I even tried forcing it by unplugging my network cable. In both cases I logged back in standing beside the truck even though I disconnected while driving. It would be nice if server resets worked Luke that.

haha..i did....I was stuck in the truck after it crashed. Can't get out so I log out and came back in. Dead! 

haha..i did....I was stuck in the truck after it crashed. Can't get out so I log out and came back in. Dead!

Just for an experiment if some one gets in this position try unplugging your network cable.

Just for an experiment if some one gets in this position try unplugging your network cable.

find me a truck in musty..i do it :) 

Anytime I here someone say my internet drops all the time I always say, get an intel nic card and get a nice netgear router )

Anytime I here someone say my internet drops all the time I always say, get an intel nic card and get a nice netgear router )

Doesn't help when you're in buttfuck nowhere on satellite or cell internet.

The 50 miles of nothing but trees out my front door is nice though.

• Like 2

LOL! Ah The great outdoors!  Lemme go outside and cut a slice of smog pie for dessert. mmm good. Your missing this pie. 

• Like 1

LOL! Ah The great outdoors!  Lemme go outside and cut a slice of smog pie for dessert. mmm good. Your missing this pie. 

I'm a 2hr boat ride from smog pie and I avoid it like the plague.

• Like 1

I'm so sorry. I've seen the Mbps offered by HughesNet while working for folks out in the surrounding areas; abysmal.  Write a letter to your government representative.  Just like the US's Rural Electrification Project of the 1930s, we need to start a push to get broadband service to every doorstep.  For ummm, commerce and stuff, like farming.

Lol try living in Australia or New Zealand

I'm so sorry. I've seen the Mbps offered by HughesNet while working for folks out in the surrounding areas; abysmal.  Write a letter to your government representative.  Just like the US's Rural Electrification Project of the 1930s, we need to start a push to get broadband service to every doorstep.  For ummm, commerce and stuff, like farming.

The lol part is that in the town 5 minutes away they have dsl and cable but the utility companies told us we'd be dead before they run good enough tel wire and cable company wants $1000 per household to run their wire to our sub division. A house across the street recently sold for 1.5mil but none of us will pay them to put in cable and then pay a bill monthly so dishes are the norm here. I have a motorcross track for me and the kids in my yard and lots of space so I just suffer with the stuff I don't have ;) 

The lol part is that in the town 5 minutes away they have dsl and cable but the utility companies told us we'd be dead before they run good enough tel wire and cable company wants $1000 per household to run their wire to our sub division. A house across the street recently sold for 1.5mil but none of us will pay them to put in cable and then pay a bill monthly so dishes are the norm here. I have a motorcross track for me and the kids in my yard and lots of space so I just suffer with the stuff I don't have ;)

I'm assuming that the utilities are on poles where you live, and that you have regular grid power service.  I've heard of people spending $40,000 for solar setups, because the power company wanted about the same amount to run line and poles plus transformer the half-mile to the property. But if the basic pole infrastructure is there in your case, it might be cost effective to talk to your neighbors about hiring a contractor to install a neighborhood service node.  Cable companies are quickly turning into the Robber-Barons of the 21st Century.

Edited by emuthreat

You can play Dayz right infront of your front yard! sweet!