gannon46

so much for the struggle

A lot of people had an issue with the new (broken) loot system and it was that playing for 4/5 hours on your free time after work and dying on 6 characters to starvation isn't how people want to spend their free time.

Then said people should really learn how to actually play said game because here is a fact, they weren't doing it right if they were dying of starvation that many times. This is a case of, "I don't want to play the game, I want to play what I THINK the game should be."

We can have servers for folk who want to gear up in short period and go PvP deathmatch.....

We have these servers... Look for the label, "ARMA III - Wasteland", ARMA III - BattleRoyal, and such. Heck there are even OTHER companies with these servers but they are labeled, Battlefield 4, Call of Duty - (something that makes you think the game might be slightly different and worth another $60). 

• Like 5

It's a shame for things to have gone back to easy-mode but I have faith all this has been very useful for the devs. Very much looking forward to 0.56, a return of the central economy and bows working!

• Like 4

Scarcity should make a comeback.... when it's WORKING. As of now we know that it needs a lot more work because some server where left without loot at all and those who did jammed everything in policecars, sheds and toilets. It was almost more easy mode once you knew where the lootbombs are on the map. Only thing it did was make all the coastal cities unusable and being a freshspawn really annoying. Its not hard, it was retarded.

Edited by aasand
  • Like 1

People will be coming back saying loot is too much now.. after the whole uproar of the non-existent loot?

I have no words.

lol, you know different people can have different opinions.

I liked the "brocken" loot in 55, it added more immersion, at least to me; i'll enjoy to run around as a crazy man with a shotgun now that we are back at 54 loot spawn. ;)

• Like 1

The problem is i dont know if this change was due to real problems with the loot or the devs getting spooked by the crys of the pvp/cod masses, i ve seen this before happen in the mod, whenever an hard/ more oriented survival patch came out, act continuous there would be lots of cry texts in the forums and the devs would revert it like just happened now with SA.

I just hope im wrong..

• Like 1

I found that the loot system was just right if I was playing on a private server, but trying to play on public servers was just too difficult. Mainly due to the fact that people who couldn't find loot would just server hop, causing the majority of players who wanted to actually play the game to suffer. If there would be consequences for server hopping i feel like the loot system could of worked in everybody's favor.

• Like 1

So I take it that you never had any fun before the last patch on DayZ SA.

And before the last patch, most of the community was thinking to themselves:

"Why am I even playing this game, this game is no fun, it is remotely beyond me."

According to you logic, those people with 500+ play hours did not play the game because they were having fun.

I guess now that now that the old loot system is back, that you are not having fun anymore?

Maybe you should take your own advise and start playing Left for Dead.

People were having fun, but now that we know a little better what the game is supposed to be and what it feels like to actually 'survive', we want it back.

• Like 2

Then said people should really learn how to actually play said game because here is a fact, they weren't doing it right if they were dying of starvation that many times. This is a case of, "I don't want to play the game, I want to play what I THINK the game should be."

We have these servers... Look for the label, "ARMA III - Wasteland", ARMA III - BattleRoyal, and such. Heck there are even OTHER companies with these servers but they are labeled, Battlefield 4, Call of Duty - (something that makes you think the game might be slightly different and worth another $60). 

That is what i am thinking for a long time. Most people playing SA would like to play Wasteland or such but just do not know that. They play SA cause it is hyped while Wasteland is not (or other mods KotH, BatlleRoyal...there are so many great mods for arma).

The problem is that there are a lot of options for the majority to play the kind of game they enjoy.

For me there is no option at all.

There is just no other antigame like dayZ.

• Like 3

So I take it that you never had any fun before the last patch on DayZ SA.

And before the last patch, most of the community was thinking to themselves:

"Why am I even playing this game, this game is no fun, it is remotely beyond me."

According to you logic, those people with 500+ play hours did not play the game because they were having fun.

I guess now that now that the old loot system is back, that you are not having fun anymore?

Maybe you should take your own advise and start playing Left for Dead.

Correct ! I am not having any fun going to the same houses and running to the same old loot spots i have been for my last 500 HOURS (as you put it). And why would i play left for dead ? It was meant for that guy because he was crying he had no time in his busy life to gear up. So let him play a shooter then. He's looking at it wrong. Your playing the game to play it. That includes farming and fishing for food if necessary. Part of the game is gearing up. Not to gear up to the max and then the game starts for you. But you enjoy ya deja vu and going back to running to your same blue and wood house and getting your gun in the corner floor sense you seem to have no problem with this .54. As for me i'll just wait it out till .56 and the new loot system returns.
  • Like 6

Neither starved or died in 0.55 on private 50/50 pop server. I sometimes honestly don't get this community.

Loot is again easy to come by? Stop server hopping, stop whining and go play on some high pop private server...

I loved the scarce loot but finding full military gear in an outside toilet was ridicilous, love it that is atleast back where it should be.

Edited by Miracool
  • Like 2

I really only started out disliking the fact that there weren't enough options for starting fires, and then realized cooking was broken.

My only complaint over that and the usually bugs was the direction they went with the zombies. 55 was cool, and the loot system wasn't broken.

The whole point was that once an area was looted it didn't come back from time passing, it only came back from those spawn locations randomly spawning items there when an alternative spawn location for that item was looted. Considering how many different locations there were for certain items, many coastal areas never had items respawn to any significant degree.

The whole point of this being was that you could continue to find pre .55 amounts of loot, and all you had to do was keep moving around the map to find it. It was NOT to stay IN or around a couple towns away from your favorite PVP hotspot.

I had no problems with finding loot, and on the exception of the  servers (which obviously were truly restarting from scratch to spawn items) that were being abused, even outhouse spawns started diminishing.

EDIT:

Oh and yeah, f*ck server hopping douches...

Edited by E.J.
  • Like 1

It'll change back. Time to horde shit!

The less loot theory of .55 was a bit of a myth there was loads of loot but it was all placed in and around Novaya. 8 items in outhouses etc.

What pissed people off was that there was nothing until you got to the middle of the map and beyond. Yes it was survivable if you ate berries and apples but a lot of people, myself included, find the foraging part of the game extremely tedious.

Spending hours watching my toon milk an imaginary cow for some red or blue berries bored the tits off me.

The devs are not stupid they know that only the really anal of the player base are going to get their kicks from this and if the game shifts to a complete crafting/foraging sim people will leave.

Most people want a survival sim with interactions with other players and Z's and a balanced system of gaining food and water.

I'm ok with foraging and crafting but it should not be to the expense of all and as I've said before the HC survivalists that sneered at everyone for criticizing .55 also know the map inside out. That's hardly a challenge if you know where all the ponds and pumps are.

I like that the devs tried something, saw the results and are adjusting. As long as they do that, I'm happy. Once they stop with adjustments, then development has stopped and THAT is when you decide if Dayz is the game for you. In the end, BI is in it to make money, and that will influence game direction. We still have a year or so for actual release. Plenty of time to adjust and get it right.

• Like 1

Most of these complaints are from people who just think they are too good to pick berries or apples.  (RIP bag of goodies I'd been saving for five weeks).

So you used all your loot that you had farmed before the patch went sour. Good job douchebag

Hopefully it's temporary until they can flesh out the system but worry not, once modders are able to bastardize the game, the DayZ that some of us long for will vanish.  With luck we'll be left with a few servers for those who want a survival game.

Edited by Caboose187

So you used all your loot that you had farmed before the patch went sour. Good job douchebag

While I don't approve of the terminology of your attempted compliment, I will give you points for the partial accuracy of your assumption.  The first day after .55 released, I set down my mountain backpack full of ammo cases and protector cases.  After I was done exploring, yes all my "farmed" gear was gone.  Although I would hardly call it farmed, as it took me over five weeks to collect it all from all over the map.  I soon went to tent city with some friends and died; so yes, I was running on new gear by the third day.

Maybe in the future, don't insult people over over assumptions, it can make one look like somewhat of a fool.

Correct ! I am not having any fun going to the same houses and running to the same old loot spots i have been for my last 500 HOURS (as you put it). And why would i play left for dead ? It was meant for that guy because he was crying he had no time in his busy life to gear up. So let him play a shooter then. He's looking at it wrong. Your playing the game to play it. That includes farming and fishing for food if necessary. Part of the game is gearing up. Not to gear up to the max and then the game starts for you. But you enjoy ya deja vu and going back to running to your same blue and wood house and getting your gun in the corner floor sense you seem to have no problem with this .54. As for me i'll just wait it out till .56 and the new loot system returns.

Look, I'm not saying that the last update was an absolute failure.

It had great ideas, and I did like the lesser loot, to a certain extent. But not so few that I needed to resort to hours of apple harvesting and that certain locations like the military bases and coast lines were practically obsolete.

Problem would have been fixed by adding 4 things really:

1. Start player with max hydration and energy.

2. Add bicycles to the game.

3. Double or Triple the spawn rate for canned foods, since they were way to rare, like almost non-existent. But not increasing it to the point of making farming, fishing and hunting obsolete, more of a emergency food or secondary food.

4. Fix Military base loot.

I liked the farming aspect of the last update, but since I had to focus all my time finding food or farming and never really finding all the pieces for hunting, such as cocking pot, frying pan, axe, cocking stove, matches, gas canister, a weapon with ammo, I never really was able to do anything besides farming and apple harvesting.

When a friend of mine died, trying to be a good teammate we would try to meet up with him at the nearest spawn and supply him with food due to the early starvation on the coast lines as a fresh spawn, draining our rare food supplies and consuming to much time.

If those 4 things I listed would be in the game, it would still be very difficult but at least one can travel with bike, being able to quickly regroup or head inland where the devs wanted us to go for more loot. And every now and then you would be able to find some canned food which one can then use in an emergency.

The idea was great, only needs to be refined. I rather have the 54. until the .55 gets fixed, which will hopefully be the .56

Sorry but there was loads of cans of food it was just all concentrated in one area and 55 also had insane amounts of vests of all kinds. I'd just nerf the current can spawn rate a little but make sure it is spread evenly around that was my main gripe with .55.

It had great ideas, and I did like the lesser loot, to a certain extent. But not so few that I needed to resort to hours of apple harvesting and that certain locations like the military bases and coast lines were practically obsolete.

Why?

They should be found not given.

3. Double or Triple the spawn rate for canned foods, since they were way to rare, like almost non-existent. But not increasing it to the point of making farming, fishing and hunting obsolete, more of a emergency food or secondary food.

People have gone over this before. It's not the spawn rate, that system changed. It's the ridiculous amount of spawn locations that it can potentially respawn at once it has been taken from another.

No. Why should a military base be loaded? At best military bases should only have 25-33% the military loot available on a given map. You may be dealing with server hopping in your frustration though.

I liked the farming aspect of the last update, but since I had to focus all my time finding food or farming and never really finding all the pieces for hunting, such as cocking pot, frying pan, axe, cocking stove, matches, gas canister, a weapon with ammo, I never really was able to do anything besides farming and apple harvesting.

Eat raw meat. Might want to find antibiotics ot charcoal tablets first...

When a friend of mine died, trying to be a good teammate we would try to meet up with him at the nearest spawn and supply him with food due to the early starvation on the coast lines as a fresh spawn, draining our rare food supplies and consuming to much time.

Consuming time? Your choice. Why you trying to socialize in a game with stringent survival requirements? go play something easy if you are trying to socialize with people who can't survive on their own.

If those 4 things I listed would be in the game, it would still be very difficult but at least one can travel with bike, being able to quickly regroup or head inland where the devs wanted us to go for more loot. And every now and then you would be able to find some canned food which one can then use in an emergency.

The idea was great, only needs to be refined. I rather have the 54. until the .55 gets fixed, which will hopefully be the .56

55 was a single step "forward" with it's annoyances, but reverting to to 54 is two steps "back".

• Like 1

Starving to death 4-5 times in a row then opening an outhouse and finding an AK+mags 

Screenshots or it didn't happen. The weapons were spawning exactly where they are supposed to. Everything else was not. Military weapons could have only spawned at military spawn locations and an outhouse is not one of those locations.

Your rhetoric serves no one.

Why?

So you can run inland without dying of starvation, giving you some time to do something else besides apple harvesting.

They should be found not given.

I said add, not give.

People have gone over this before. It's not the spawn rate, that system changed. It's the ridiculous amount of spawn locations that it can potentially respawn at once it has been taken from another.

You are most likely right but even so, the chance of finding them was to low, more rare then weapons.

No. Why should a military base be loaded? At best military bases should only have 25-33% the military loot available on a given map. You may be dealing with server hopping in your frustration though.

I never said they should be loaded, I said fixed, with that said, I was referring to the fact that they had either no loot, or had non military loot such as books, tomato seeds or t-shirts most of the time.

Eat raw meat. Might want to find antibiotics ot charcoal tablets first...

Good advice, I did not think of this. Even so, I will still need to get a gun, ammo and some antibiotics/charcoal tablets before I can hunt and as a fresh spawn, this was course not possible, unless you got really lucky.

Consuming time? Your choice. Why you trying to socialize in a game with stringent survival requirements? go play something easy if you are trying to socialize with people who can't survive on their own.

Why? Some people prefer the .54, others the .55, I was having a great time with people who have hard time in this game, I can also have my opinion, we are all alpha testers here, and I gave my feedback, which ultimately reflects on the game, seeing as others felt the similar about the .55, they went back to .54.

55 was a single step "forward" with it's annoyances, but reverting to to 54 is two steps "back".

Not really, it was a only one step backwards at best, not 2, seeing as it is now as it was before the .55 update.

Change the colour from blue! i can't even read the reply haha!

• Like 1

Screenshots or it didn't happen. The weapons were spawning exactly where they are supposed to. Everything else was not. Military weapons could have only spawned at military spawn locations and an outhouse is not one of those locations.

Your rhetoric serves no one.

Awww you got me.

The Ak and mags were actually on the wrecked UAZ literally five feet from the outhouse, along with an SKS, more military clothing, a mountain backpack, an AKM and a couple of AK74 stocks.

Point about loot being fucknuts retarded still stands however.

Awww you got me.

The Ak and mags were actually on the wrecked UAZ literally five feet from the outhouse, along with an SKS, more military clothing, a mountain backpack, an AKM and a couple of AK74 stocks.

Point about loot being fucknuts retarded still stands however.

Good point, when shit gets hairy it's human nature for our organizational skills to improve to 10/10.