Syphonz

Most wanted feature?

Basebuilding of course, motorcycles, the ability to dig stash holes, the ability to capture the infected (box van maybe) and to use them against other player bases. Cigarettes would be cool too! Cooking without pots (I didn't even know you had to use a pot. Last time I hunted I just placed the meat in the fire kit and cooked it).

predator type animals in the woods, give survivalists a real threat.

a stash spot, some branches and sticks covering a hole in the ground. not something super hard to find but slightly easy if you're really looking for it.

I agree with some of the last replies, WE NEED BIKES!!!

• Like 2

Beans that are already opened... could be a lifesaver. Kinda like how guns have ammo sometimes (and sometimes not).

Edited by Death By Crowbar

new engine getting implemented and less clunky gameplay

There isn't going to be a new engine broseidon.

Base building for me.

Edited by DreadGrunt

what i'd like to see:

work on audio ( #1 to hear Z's, and #2 fix that day1 problem of hearing people across the map combine ammo/munching etc due to some other player being near you)

remove, or severely cripple, gamma adjustment (used to love stumbling in the dark, being forced to use torches, glowsticks etc from time to time)

denser/more remote forests as mentioned above

couple more basic vehicles (common gaz etc for road, rare but offroad/easier to hide uaz)

Edited by chokko

Lots of good views from people, hopefully if any of the designers saw this thread, they'll see what the players want the most :)

I would like to see the food availability go down, less food.  More seeds and fruit and vegetables though as those would replace the depleted canned food stores after the "apocalypse". 

Also, less loot.  Extremely rare military gear and extremely rare melee weapons other than farming tools.

Scarcity should force players to come together, even if distrustfully and once the communication or trade is done the usual attempt to murder the other is great, but the game needs a reason for players to interact with each other.  One good reason would be scarcity, and the need to combine items to create tools etc that are useful for survival.

Underlying all of this, should be a top notch loot spawn system that works across all public servers and a well balanced persistence system.  It should not matter what server you are on essentially, the loot is equally distributed (prevents server hopping).  Persistence is key.  The tents or backpacks under tree limbs stocked for emergencies have to STAY where they are (unless stolen by other players which is the best part of the game).

Oh, and far more dangerous zombies, or infected.  I should feel stress having to avoid those zombies while searching buildings because the real fear I have is the unknown of coming across another player.  If a human player comes face to face with me in the street I want to feel fear and hope at the same time and all the uncertainty that goes with it.

• Like 1

There isn't going to be a new engine broseidon.

Base building for me.

what? did i miss something?

I thought they are going to replace the current renderer with something not as crappy as arma. Also there was the rumor about having native functions instead of using scripts, for example to make the transition between walking and swimming less bad or to prevent players glitch into the floor of a slightly higher building when vaulting. Which imo is one of the worst things in arma engine.

Edited by robophant

When I play, I want to be scared all the time. Just like in Alien where I sat over 15 minutes in a fucking locker, although the game has game saves.

• Like 2

Disabled zombies. 

not since the mod have I seen them.

When I play, I want to be scared all the time. Just like in Alien where I sat over 15 minutes in a fucking locker, although the game has game saves.

That would be so epic!

Scratch everything else,if the team makes this happen i'll be the happiest man in the world! :D

Being a feature, that does not count defect fixes so we can assume those are fixed... I will say the feature I want most is mods. 

I look forward to mods being put in place to allow squads/groups to claim territory on a server. Purely for the political and PVP results of people fighting over land. 

Scarce loot.  I'd like the game to be harder again, being on the brink of starvation was refreshing.  Also, bears.  Hungry, angry, territorial bears.

More crafting options and some sort of craft book for the newbies and people that aren't aware what they can craft, building bases, being able to barricade doors, more gestures, and that's all I can think of for now. 

Well judging from the abundance of threads about guns, I'm guessing the most wanted feature is, "MOAR GUNZ!!"

• Like 1

Improved melee for sure, its the most unrealistic thing in the game at the moment imo. Also, less PEWPEWPEW and more melee fights prease.

Edited by Avant-Garde
  • Like 2

Well judging from the abundance of threads about guns, I'm guessing the most wanted feature is, "MOAR GUNZ!!"

That aspect of the "suggestions" forum makes me sad. SOOOO many "MOAR GUNZ" threads, instead of "improve the survival mechanics" threads

Improved melee for sure, its the most unrealistic thing in the game at the moment imo. Also, less PEWPEWPEW and more melee fights prease.

As a caveat, fix desync/positioning, and all that, and add some more "swings", instead of forcing us to use shit-tastic melee.

• Like 2