Syphonz

Most wanted feature?

This is simply a curiosity thread here, but im wondering, what does the player base want the MOST out of the upcoming dayz features?

Personally, im just wanting balancing and bugs to be fixed, but there's other features im really excited for too, like being able to build "bases".

What do you guys think?

Bases,

cant wait for base wars. it will be awesome.

• Like 4

More server filtering options & more information when viewing server 'details'.

Also being able to cook food without cooking pots/frying pans. I can hunt now, but not cook the meat! :(

• Like 3

I just wish servers no longer needed restarts and everything was spawned and despawned dynamically, including helicrashes/police cars/vehicles.

• Like 4

IEDs

Remote det.

Booby traps trip flares, shotgun rigs,

Belt fed, I want something belt fed even if I have to pick up and individually load each link. I want belt fed machine guns with bipeds that actually work.

Ohh working bipods that sounds nice. You know so I can stabilize my shot as the zombie is no clipping through the door

Oooo how bout zombies that don't no clip

• World containers

Despite finally looting vegetables from fridges and clothes from wardrobes instead of the floor is certainly an improvement,they are a big requirement for base building.

Additionally having some of them spawn locked would incentivize players making use of various break in tools (eg:crowbars for lockers,explosives for gun safes and renforced doors).

If devs utilize them correctly they can enhance gameplay alot!

• Like 2

mil turrets as a means to create complexity with sniping and at the same time offer greater loot variety by having greater optic difference.

Umbrellas, really. Once the rain is back I don't wanna catch the cold :)

For me, bases, working zombies, but most of ALL... gun straps. It annoys me how guns magically stick to your back. It would require a gun strap to stick a gun on your back, and until you got one, you'd just have to hold the gun in your hand (If they did this though they'd probably have to make it to where you can drink, eat, and bandage while the gun is in your hand still, so it's not so annoying). It would also look pretty cool as well!

Edited by SomeCallMeNomad
  • Like 4

Some of the features you guys are asking, maybe you bought the wrong game, lol

• Like 2

I'm hoping they will soon implement food into the game. Imagine being able to find a can of beans and eating it.

I would like a story with missions. Remove the books and replace them with documents leading to storydriven missions of some kind. Something to do other than just roam around and loot.

• Like 2

I'm with you Killawife. Food, especially in spawn towns would be a nice feature.

And perhaps later in the game a hints system for new players that can be toggled off for the rest of us. I fear that a new player entering the game would quickly loose interest when they have no idea that you can actually get food and water from things like trees, bushes and animals.

• Like 2

If I get attacked by a zombie and he bites me, don't I turn into a zombie? Don't I run around and crave brains? I could have a really good sense of brain smell and pick up brain tracks and follow them until I suddenly come upon a player afk while farming some pumpkins, then it's crunch time! Then my hungry for brains meter turns bright green :-O

If I get attacked by a zombie and he bites me, don't I turn into a zombie? Don't I run around and crave brains? I could have a really good sense of brain smell and pick up brain tracks and follow them until I suddenly come upon a player afk while farming some pumpkins, then it's crunch time! Then my hungry for brains meter turns bright green :-O

The players are canonically immune to the "zombie disease"

The most wanted is the most needed.

Obviously I'm talking about the option to edit server and mission files so that the people who actually know what they're doing can finally clean this mess up.

Oh, and we'll be able to host servers on our own dedicated, high performance machines. No more pay 6 months worth of VPN fees for 1 month of multiplay, vilayer or whatever vulture like company BI has allowed to rent out servers.

• Like 1