Sign in to follow this  
Rhaptic

No Loot Spawning?

Ok Hi, Even after about 3 Server resets, Logging into about 3 different servers, even in 1 looting every town from NW airfield to Prison There is BARELY anything spawning, Seriously food is rare, Not sure if it just with All Australian servers, Because every single NZ and Aus server literally has nothing spawning even after server resets???

Why is this happening?????????

• Like 1

Ok Hi, Even after about 3 Server resets, Logging into about 3 different servers, even in 1 looting every town from NW airfield to Prison There is BARELY anything spawning, Seriously food is rare, Not sure if it just with All Australian servers, Because every single NZ and Aus server literally has nothing spawning even after server resets???

Why is this happening?????????

Try some more servers as there are a few that are not spawning loot or look harder and in places you never used to look as loot spawn has completely changed (cars bus stops out houses and garden sheds are decent spots).

I am on Australian servers and there is enough loot and its respawning , its just about 30% of the loot levels from previous patches give or take...

I have tried like fucking 15 servers, Before the Newest 12mb update prison actually had shit, Now all i have found is a shirt and 3 mp5 mags

• Like 3

So you're saying the new Loot Spawn is PERMANENTLY FUCKED UP???????? because I'm pretty sure making a can of beans and can of Pasta rare isn't a good idea, Also pretty sure making the NWAF Barracks and Camo Jail things Useless is a bad idea???

There is always hunting, fishing & fruit gathering to fill the void of an endless can food diet.  Ya know the survival style mechanics they made to go in a survival game.....  This was broken before due to no matches to start fires(or road flares they work just aswell).

That includes hunting people to eat them if you wish so dont give me thats boring bull shit..

Are you sure its a good idea you bought a survival game and not a shooter??

Edited by SoulFirez
  • Like 1

Pretty sure 90% of players would agree with me being a Bandit myself. Also why do people go to the NWAF??? FOR LOOT!!! Why Do people go to Prison??? FOR LOOT!!! Now there is none of it they fucked this game um fuck it I am going to start playing DayZ Mod Epoch Again since that is better

stop whining. go read the post named Central Economy in service thread. pretty sure you will know what's going on in this game since eugen answered almost all the questions.

first of all, for now foods are not configured in the new loot system. second, it's not going back to prev .55 patch. all the knowledge you had about the loot is going to change and you should adapt to this not whining about it. you should start looking in places you never looked before(Hint: Toilets :D ), you find a town empty, don't waste your time on searching it because it's been looted before. you should stop elektro-->cherno cycle, go inland and search the towns you never looked before and the important one, if you have issue with food it's because you never grow food or haunt or went to fishing for it. it's not like before you know, finding cans that you don't have an slot for them because your pant is already full of it.  you should work for the food and it's not going to change.

in another word, Adapt or wait for modding through steam workshop.

• Like 2

Are there any experiences with persistence on the servers that spawn so much loot? Did you pitch a tent there and did it stay after restarts? I have the suspicion that on some servers persistency isn't working right. As a positive result you get more loot spawning. As a negative result I believe your tents will disappear after 1 or 2 restarts. Can someone confirm this?

I play on a server that is pretty empty now. Makes it a bit boring to go looting, but at least I can shoot some zombies ^^ On the other hand, the server seems very stable and kept our tents and hundreds of items in them, so far. And I do find enough loot to sustain me and have farming equipment for emergencies. 

Fishing still doesn't work, btw. All it will give you is a pile of guts, no fillet o' fish ^^ The cooking and lootspawns need an overhaul. Bows need to be fixed, too. 

Just jumped off a building because its getting tedious. 10 cans of food plus everything else i ever needed , but to do what, sit and whittle a stick?

Id made fire, killed and eaten, pitched tents, drove trucky trucky, killed zombies, found guns.

Its gone from one extreme to the other to be honest. Yes i have started again and am almost inland to where i want to be but then what , sit and whittle sticks again? mmm nope.

Are there any experiences with persistence on the servers that spawn so much loot? Did you pitch a tent there and did it stay after restarts? I have the suspicion that on some servers persistency isn't working right. As a positive result you get more loot spawning. As a negative result I believe your tents will disappear after 1 or 2 restarts. Can someone confirm this?

I play on a server that is pretty empty now. Makes it a bit boring to go looting, but at least I can shoot some zombies ^^ On the other hand, the server seems very stable and kept our tents and hundreds of items in them, so far. And I do find enough loot to sustain me and have farming equipment for emergencies. 

Fishing still doesn't work, btw. All it will give you is a pile of guts, no fillet o' fish ^^ The cooking and lootspawns need an overhaul. Bows need to be fixed, too. 

Yes id say your right about the solid persistant servers ( i have a tent on a few servers) the one server that has kept my tent and its contents perfectly since .55 drop is also a server that doesnt spawn loot . Yes there are some bugs some MAJOR bugs in some of the alternate survival methods ( fishing as you pointed out) and they do need a little touch up on bows , i also think it should be easier to make a fishing rod any stick should do, it just wouldnt make as good a rod as an ashwood rod and thus have a chance of breaking or something.

No one is saying this patch is perfect lol far from it but its a window into the future development of dayz .

Pretty sure 90% of players would agree with me being a Bandit myself. Also why do people go to the NWAF??? FOR LOOT!!! Why Do people go to Prison??? FOR LOOT!!! Now there is none of it they fucked this game um fuck it I am going to start playing DayZ Mod Epoch Again since that is better

Yes yes...go Play EPOCH the disneyland mod.

Jesus do you evenr reread your own Posts ? Nothing in dayZ is final and the new loot economy is in ist first itteration....PATIENCE its ALPHA

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel
  • Like 1

Yes there are some bugs some MAJOR bugs in some of the alternate survival methods ( fishing as you pointed out) and they do need a little touch up on bows ,

Did you try out the bow? It's currently not working at all. My character just goes into a fistfight stance, perspective all messed up and the bow isn't shooting the arrow I've loaded. It did stay on the ground for at least one day now, so I guess the problem with crafted items disappearing too quickly has been sorted out. 

Did you try out the bow? It's currently not working at all. My character just goes into a fistfight stance, perspective all messed up and the bow isn't shooting the arrow I've loaded. It did stay on the ground for at least one day now, so I guess the problem with crafted items disappearing too quickly has been sorted out.

Hmm nope havent tried the bow since .54 . About to try cut up and cook my first chicken on a gas stove (for .55 that is) if it all works lol (fingers crossed)

Loot spawning is kind of janked. I found a SMERSH in a shed and a flak vest in an outhouse.

if you strictly play as a bandit then you are going to have a bad time. The devs say they dont force anybody to play in a certain style and its true, but since .55 a bandit is now going to be much harder, especially if you chose to be the guy sitting on a hill sniping people for sport. Count your ammo wisely because chernarus is now more like its a year into the apocalypse and every version before was like it was only a week into the apocalypse. There are over 2 million spawn points on the whole map, but you will only find 250k units of loot anywhere at any one time, so saying there is nothing is bullshit, you just have to work for it now and not be lazy expecting to find everything you want in a small town like you did before. If it seems to hard and you cant pvp anymore, then this is not the game for you and its never been a secret about this either

• Like 1

-inhalation of breath-

WAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

What everyone above me said. Learn how to survive, and stop trying to run to military bases for guns.

I got guns and everything i need, all i need is food but hmm, Even in supermarkets NO LOOT IS SPAWNING. I am pretty sure its just a bug with servers because even right after a sevrer reset, At a Police station, fire station, and a supermarket nothing will spawn so yea

I got guns and everything i need, all i need is food but hmm, Even in supermarkets NO LOOT IS SPAWNING. I am pretty sure its just a bug with servers because even right after a sevrer reset, At a Police station, fire station, and a supermarket nothing will spawn so yea

Must be a bug, keep trying' ;)

do you not understand how persistence works? If there is nothing in a house before a reset, there will still be nothing in the house after a reset either, this isn't new to 0.55 persistence has been like this for ages. before new loot would replen after the wednesday maintenance and that was all you got for the whole week. Now its up to admins of servers to chose if they do a server wipe, the central loot economy is designed to be self sufficient.

Edited by archamedes

Since the last update I just haven't been able to find ANY food. I've found one drink today, along with some clothes and body armor with melee weapons and ammo but nothing else. Anyone else having this happen to them?

Dude,..... You must not read any other threads before posting your own, huh?

Food is everywhere.

yes its quite common. don't listen to those that say you're a lazy, dress wearing failbot who needs to l2p. just switch servers until you find one that actually has some stuff. it took me roughly 8 server changes in private to find one that actually has working loot.