Syrell

Variation of Buildings has lost their sense

Hello folks! Im asking myself...

Why they created Industrial areas , Military areas and Prison, Hospital etc, when there is now no specific loot there? There is no reason to travel anymore and no more thrill in old dangerous areas. U cannot go somewhere for specific loot that u really need atm. .."Let me travel to the big industriaI area in the north. Its a long way but maybe I find the spraypaint I need." Not" Or I need a ammo mag , I dont know where to go. I need spraypaint I dont know where to go. I need morphine I dont know where to go. I need a Hoe. I don't find one at 50 Farms. I like the Zombies and the lack of Food. But I also enjoyed missions, I set to myself, like go into dangerous areas when I was forced too, but there are no more dangerous areas where players go! Every house has the same lootchance >>really boring, no high frequented areas anymore. All the variaty of buildings with all implemented details is pointless now. Why go to the big hospital in the big town for morphine ? U will not find any medical stuff there anyway! This broke a big part of the game for me atm. I dont want to find 10 morphine injectors in a farm buidling. Hopefully it will be changed again into some building loot logic

Edited by Syrell

Do you really think that loot would ONLY be bound to one place in a real scenario? Loot will spread itself out, aswell of having a higher chance at their relative areas.

In a real life situation similar to Day Z (read: any long-term catastrophe), what do you think would happen? In case of illness, hospitals would be overwhelmed and run out of supplies, grocery stores/pharmacies and clinics would be wiped clean due to "panic buys", and gas/petrol stations would be drained dry by people either stockpiling or trying to escape the quarantine zone.

Shit, it happened to my region (New England in the USA) a couple of weeks back, with record snowfall during January/February. For a period of about 2 weeks, there was no bread and milk on the shelves, nor batteries or candles, and the local gas station actually ran dry. And this was when the roads where all PASSABLE after a couple of days, AKA everything was essentially normal.

I exspect more farming loot at farming buildings than military loot or medical. But travelling to specific areas is senseless. Some will like this. I dont like it, that the loot has no logic at all atm. And all buildings have the same function now, local specific areas at the map are pointless.

@Bean King: What about short term evacuation of areas? Most things are there, where the people left them. Like Pripyat/Tchernobyl was a real life situation, evacuation and fast fleeing.

Edited by Syrell

Very simple.... Only firearms are configured. The old spawning system was a placeholder, the new system is working, but not configured.

So right now we should only be commenting on firearms for spawn placement, all other objects are irrelevant.

Edited by Coheed_IV
  • Like 2

Very simple.... Only firearms are configured. The old spawning system was a placeholder, the new system is working, but not configured.

So right now we should only be commenting on firearms for spawn placement, all other objects are irrelevant.

where did u got that?

Ah so instead of spawning in making you way to closest military camp , looting and returning to the coast to fight you just travel to survive. Mil loot is spawning in mil places just in tiny amounts and i think you will find when its working the dynamic loot points(helicopter , cop cars etc) will spawn much more specific loot types..

The current system forces you to travel as one spot doesnt have enough to sustain you , and now your traveling in random directions trying to get the less picked over loots... This actually means every building has some value now, no more running into town going i got plenty food hmm lets just hit police station piano house and the orange buildings for weapons spawns. Now any house could hold what you want or a out house a shed etc etc .

It takes longer to loot now and its more dangerous and i say welcome to the direction of Dayz , adapt and survive....

• Like 1

where did u got that?

The configuration of the system is in progress as are the features :

Bugs : Items can dissapear in vicinity of player as well as some misconfiguration causing items to dissapear instantly yesterday. Rarirty items except guns have not been configured yet so their spawn points are illogical. And a lot more.

Future : We will continue to fine tune the system over the next couple months, With addition of new features, logical distribution, timing, And item class logic that evenly distributes the items over south/north/west/east.

You can expect some finetuning of item numbers over next week and a lot more configuration changes when 0.56 hits. In the meantime enjoy the hardcore survival, and try to stay safe.

EDIT : Since the question was asked more than couple of times, items have tags, as well as buildings and there is a heat map that coordinates the distribution to proper area/place. Only guns are configured now (and police station)

EDIT2 : A small argument on reddit made me mention : These are not names of the aformentioned variables.

I think the whole point of the game is to feel like you are on the move, actually going somewhere. I think it will be satisfying when certain areas are more likely to spawn a specific loot item more than others. There will probably be a few "exclusive" zones, where you have a chance to find rare loot (like the helicopter crashes, but on a bigger scale). Of course it is disappointing now, but we've just seen the first iteration of the new system and it can only get better. 

As for firearm spawns. I think we should find more sidearms than rifles. I like pistols a lot, but lately haven't found one (only magazines), and I didn't find pistol silencers either. They are probably there, but have been looted already. The AKS and AK SU spawning mostly together in the UAZ wrecks is nice, but most people take both weapons and leave non. It would be smarter to spawn the same weapon twice.

In my mind, I build a mental image of the map and the locations I have already been to. It surely is slower than before, but I feel like I am more attached to the map and loot situation now. Every server is a bit different now. I like sticking to mine and exploring every corner. I've actually been to a couple of places for the first time now, after playing the game for months. I also enjoy the zombie situation, as they are making the game more interesting without forcing you to camp militarybases or run around in Elektro looking for PvP. It also means that serverhoppers have a harder time, because they can't just log off around the best lootplace and hop on the next server. That means "normal" people can roam around the airfields now too. And by chance you might get lucky and find something good. If you do, you will be 10x happier than looting a regular barracks with 5 rifles next to each other. It makes rare items feel more special and perhaps makes you want to cling on to your weapon, instead of rushing head first into every fight.   

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

Too early to make final judgments, but I have been to a lot of bases, and haven't seen anything close to a gun on a base. Maybe I had bad luck, maybe that's the ultimate goal. I don't really like it, but I have found some different areas with guns and lootz, so I am hanging there. I just need to find a tent or two to replace those lost last week.

fire arm configuration is borked too. i have found akms in outhouses etc.

fire arm configuration is borked too. i have found akms in outhouses etc.

Armed people need to shit to .. I feel sorry for the poor bloke/woman doing there thing being ripped away by zeds( thats how i look at it but sure they need to tweak loot more , its still going to be a better system than having most good items in a set location which does nothing but premote server hoping that location to loot up.)

Hello folks! I need a Hoe.

That's all I got out of your entire post. Was worth reading just for that!

• Like 1

Hello folks! Im asking myself...

Why they created Industrial areas , Military areas and Prison, Hospital etc, when there is now no specific loot there? There is no reason to travel anymore and no more thrill in old dangerous areas. U cannot go somewhere for specific loot that u really need atm. .."Let me travel to the big industriaI area in the north. Its a long way but maybe I find the spraypaint I need." Not" Or I need a ammo mag , I dont know where to go. I need spraypaint I dont know where to go. I need morphine I dont know where to go. I need a Hoe. I don't find one at 50 Farms. I like the Zombies and the lack of Food. But I also enjoyed missions, I set to myself, like go into dangerous areas when I was forced too, but there are no more dangerous areas where players go! Every house has the same lootchance >>really boring, no high frequented areas anymore. All the variaty of buildings with all implemented details is pointless now. Why go to the big hospital in the big town for morphine ? U will not find any medical stuff there anyway! This broke a big part of the game for me atm. I dont want to find 10 morphine injectors in a farm buidling. Hopefully it will be changed again into some building loot logic

Why do you think this is definite state of loot distribution? Is game finished? No new updates? Helloooo, alpha!! Nothing is finished and will change in next update or after that.

Why do you think this state will stay as it is now? How crucial things in game changed over time? Remember lack of sticks in first few months? Zombies without navmesh? We lived in times with only 4 posible weapons.... 

Edited by igor-vk

I see it like this.

If i can survive and take the p15s out of people that park their truck near me and they dont even know i was a tent thickness from them at one stage while i was watching them then i am doing ok.

When the loot spawns are fixed ill do even better. If you can live well now then imagine later on, the head start you have is huge to newer players

Im finding it a bit boring as in constantly running to look for gear but its an ongoing development of the game and its better to be constructive about problems rather than negative all the time

So yeah, I think having certain areas where it's more likely to find certain things is pretty crucial. The good news is, that's exactly what will be happening as the new economy gets more developed. So far, as has been said, just guns have their first iteration of this, eventually everything will have more advanced rules for where they spawn.

• Like 1

Do you really think that loot would ONLY be bound to one place in a real scenario? Loot will spread itself out, aswell of having a higher chance at their relative areas.

To a reasonable degree with som elements of randomness would be nice. Something that as i probably what we would see in the future.

Armed people need to shit to .. I feel sorry for the poor bloke/woman doing there thing being ripped away by zeds( thats how i look at it but sure they need to tweak loot more , its still going to be a better system than having most good items in a set location which does nothing but premote server hoping that location to loot up.)

Hah, reminds me when I found a Pipsi and a book in a outhouse.

• Like 1

Once certain areas of the map become specialized in terms of their loot distribution, there will be a place in this game for travelling merchants.

I liked the old loot style of "I need guns/ammo/military gear, I'll go to one of the military bases." "I need medical supplies, I'll go to a hospital." because it meant you knew where to look for things, obviously, but also because it meant I knew where I'd have a higher chance of meeting people for gud fites or diplomacy, or hell even just to see another human being once in a while.

With the new "Toilets and car crashes are the endgame loot zones" in the latest patch the game feels empty. We're 40 people playing on a 200 sq km map, spread way the hell out searching every nook and cranny for cans of beans in Hicksville. Since I've stayed as far away from the coast once I managed to get off of it, I haven't seen a damn person. If I played near the coast I'd prolly see freshies on Life Attempt #1285 rambling about but once I got inland it got dead real fast, and this game is boring as sin when its you vs zombies for two hours. I went and ambled down the middle of the strip at NWAF popping shots at zombies for a while. No ghillie suited sniper dropped me, no M4 wielding man sprayed me from the hangar doors, I didn't get rekt by a burst of long range AKM from the trees. Nothing. At all. On a server with forty people.

I walked right down the middle of what was once the most dangerous place in the game, and was greeted by the silence

Sometimes you have to forgo realism for the sake of the game, because you don't buy a multiplayer game to run around and never meet another human.