Ciub

Helicopter crash site

Hi all,

anyone have seen/found helicopter crash site in private shard or public after 0.55?

Yes, i have seen them. On both private and public. I never saw any loot on them until private was allowed to use non-persistence.

Edited by Jacobahalls

Yes.. quite a few.. but they are mostly empty.. if you're lucky you find something but nothing compared to the ones without persistence on 0.54

Thanks both,

so ,only in a no-persistance server and a very very few loot right?

So on my se3rver with persitence on they are spawning in the same lacations over and over again but the loot is not respawning. after a server restart i can go straight to where they were before the restart and they are still there but with no loot.

• Like 1

I have found a couple on public and the loot was there but not next to the crash, it was about 30 feet away making it very hard to see.

So on my se3rver with persitence on they are spawning in the same lacations over and over again but the loot is not respawning. after a server restart i can go straight to where they were before the restart and they are still there but with no loot.

I noticed the same thing, the crash sites don't move. But I did find loot as Gunslinger63 said...the loot does NOT respawn though.

I have found a couple on public and the loot was there but not next to the crash, it was about 30 feet away making it very hard to see.

EDIT: logged back into server AFTER Wed maintenance. Exact same helo crash site with exact same loot. They're taking this "persistence" a little too far...

Edited by Eadaif

Thanks god for that ^^ I found an M4 at one of those overlooked loot spawns. Choppers are not worth the bother. As soon as our server restarts at least two clans come raiding the chopper sites within minutes. And then they log off and hop to the next server. It makes it terribly easy for them, because the 3 choppers all spawn at the same location. I yet have to check if that was fixed, but I doubt it. 

I was lucky enough to hit the lopatino chopper when the servers came back up there was a ton of ammo and a styer 
i have checked from time to time they do respawn loot but locations never change 

It is posted somewhere that the choppers are set on a much longer loot cycle than everything else

Usually find attachments, have yet to see a gun from there. At least a good thing from them are ACP ammo boxes for my 1911 .)

is there only two crash sites ? Iv'e seen the one at vybor and lapitino but not a third.

Edited by Gunslinger63

is there only two crash sites ? Iv'e seen the one at vybor and lapitino but not a third.

The third one used to be behind Stary Sobor. Idk if these chopper still spawn the way they do. Probably do, because I still see a lot of serverhopping.

Thanks god for that ^^ I found an M4 at one of those overlooked loot spawns. Choppers are not worth the bother. As soon as our server restarts at least two clans come raiding the chopper sites within minutes. And then they log off and hop to the next server. It makes it terribly easy for them, because the 3 choppers all spawn at the same location. I yet have to check if that was fixed, but I doubt it.

Time to plant a few land mine at those site lol

Many crash sites loot are bugged and don't spawn any item at all. I doubt people would also hog useless items that no one wants there because normally I would find leftovers.

On some servers it works as intended as i've seen it on other spots besides those static ones with loot.

Edited by smochi

I found a U.S. One last night it had lots of stuff, 5 full mags, sights and m4 attachments + m65 jacket. No m4 though. This chopper was in the same place as a Russian one was earlier which had zero gear

I've found four since the hotifx. All empty except for one that had an empty m4 mag. One got me killed and one got me wounded.

I have found two in the last couple of days that had chest holsters. chemlights, bear traps, a UN helmet, and some other random junk. They aren't spawning proper heli crash loot and every one I found before it had nothing. Also, the loot piles were very far away from the chopper itself, something like 100 meters.

The only thing spawning at heli crashes are server hoppers, atm.  At least, in my experience.

• Like 1