Iqfish

"Only guns are configured now" - This can't be true

I understand that it should not take someone 30 minutes to loot up and get a Kalashnikov or a M4.

But I have been looting the ENTIRE NIGHT, on 20+ Servers. Switching between Vybor Military Station and the NWAF and I have not found a single gun, except a stinky P1. Eugen said that Guns are configured but this either does not work or is a false statement, since I have been getting nothing. How are people making the screenshots with AUGs or M4s, if even Helispawns don't spawn anything?

Police Stations BURY you with RAKs and MP5s and the according Ammo AND Magazines, but Assault Rifles? No chance.

Am I doing something wrong? "Guns are configured" means that they are spawning in the right places?

Oh and before you say it, I have been looting the entire north for hours on many different servers too to make sure I check every available civilian building. I got tons of food and every other gear, but NO military or western military weapons.

Total time of looting and server hopping: At least 10 hours. (Yes I know server hopping sucks but I am doing this for the sake of science and gathering knowledge to give away to my clanmates).

After this amount of time of pure looting of military bases you have to be rewarded with a heavy gun.

Edited by Iqfish
  • Like 1

with this patch since it messed up loot you have to think different stuff can spawn anywhere. i found a tent in the bed of a truck lol, i found a drum mag and 1911 mags at the tan looking guard houses cars are definitely a gold mine right now they have food clothing and some guns i found a trumpet and a box of ammo and some sks but i havn't seen an ak though i'm sure someone has one. oh by the way the crashed UAZ i found ak parts and PSO-1 scopes at a few hope it help just look everywhere if a building has no items just move on goodluck.

• Like 1

You can no longer sprint to the little wooden house with light blue painted frames and be sure to find a weapon !

Same for most of the high loot sites you have the habit of frequenting to gear up so easily.

Needs tweaking and fine tuning but this is the way of things.

• Like 1

You can no longer sprint to the little wooden house with light blue painted frames and be sure to find a weapon !

Same for most of the high loot sites you have the habit of frequenting to gear up so easily.

Needs tweaking and fine tuning but this is the way of things.

As I said, I did know and I want it this way. But I have been doing nothing but searching military bases, where you normally would get killed in an instant, for about 7 hours and I have not found a single gun.

When he said guns are configured, I guessed that they spawn at their proper locations. Guess I guessed wrong. 

First, don't insult the P1 mkay? Second, quit wondering around NWAF and Vybor base and got to the tent base north west of Zeleno. I was there last night and the place was full of loot. I saw guns spawning around those armored vehicles and destroyed trucks. Also check those wrekect UAZ's, they tend to spawn AKM's sometimes. And watch for people, I killed 2 guys there last night.

Edited by raynor009

First, don't insult the P1 mkay? Second, quit wondering around NWAF and Vybor base and got to the tent base north west of Zeleno. I was there last night and the place was full of loot. I saw guns spawning around those armored vehicles and destroyed trucks. Also check those wrekect UAZ's, they tend to spawn AKM's sometimes. And watch for people, I killed 2 guys there last night.

Drove there, 5 servers later a repeater and another P1.

This would be fine for a possible Hardcore mode but not for the normal version. Noone has time to search 12 hours for a rifle. People have jobs and I am only abled to do this since I'm ill.

I understand that it should not take someone 30 minutes to loot up and get a Kalashnikov or a M4.

But I have been looting the ENTIRE NIGHT, on 20+ Servers. Switching between Vybor Military Station and the NWAF and I have not found a single gun, except a stinky P1. Eugen said that Guns are configured but this either does not work or is a false statement, since I have been getting nothing. How are people making the screenshots with AUGs or M4s, if even Helispawns don't spawn anything?

Police Stations BURY you with RAKs and MP5s and the according Ammo AND Magazines, but Assault Rifles? No chance.

Am I doing something wrong? "Guns are configured" means that they are spawning in the right places?

Oh and before you say it, I have been looting the entire north for hours on many different servers too to make sure I check every available civilian building. I got tons of food and every other gear, but NO military or western military weapons.

Total time of looting and server hopping: At least 10 hours. (Yes I know server hopping sucks but I am doing this for the sake of science and gathering knowledge to give away to my clanmates).

After this amount of time of pure looting of military bases you have to be rewarded with a heavy gun.

From what you have said, the game is FINALLY getting near the difficulty level it should be. 

After two days of playing about 4 hours per night I have a lever action rifle with 14 rounds of ammunition.  I've also just kept ahead of starvation and still border on black and white vision from multiple beatings early on by zombies before I figured out how easy they were to sneak past (like they used to be in the original mod). 

The game is actually progressing to be as hard as it is supposed to be and advertised.

Most players at any given time should NOT have a gun, let alone a military gun.  If you are searching 12 hours for a gun you are playing the game wrong. 

It is not about the gun, it is about surviving.  Water first, food second, weapons are a luxury and not a need.  Learn to play, don't whine.

• Like 3

Wouldn't the fact that you can't reliably find a gun mean that the central economy is working ?

• Like 6

Game is going to intended direction. Work hard to find good weapons and ammo. Be aware of zombies at all times. Stay healthy.

Learn to play, don't whine.

600 hours and counting. But yea, thanks. 

My Inventory is full of food and I have everything I need to survive. Nice leather stuff and an axe. Why should I not look for a gun? Why would the game not reward continous searching and exploring, looting all the towns in the north? 

The central loot economy is made to keep little kevin from playing DayZ like his shitty Xbox FPS, and I am all on your side there. But if the devs state that long searching and exploring should be rewarded, it should be?

And by the way, you guys should be happy that some people actually take the time and do what they are supposed to do in an Alpha test, test the game and report back. I don't agree on just "letting it happen" at this stage of the game. People who are willing to test their Alpha test should be supplied with the amount of information they need (which we got with Eugens latest write-up). 

I would agree with your last statement if my critique would be not based on facts and intensive research, but I spent a lot of time on testing the new glorious hard DayZ and there is no way to logically find Endgame loot right now. It does not work. 

• Like 1

But I have been looting the ENTIRE NIGHT, on 20+ Servers. Switching between Vybor Military Station and the NWAF and I have not found a single gun...

Good to see the impacts of the new system on hopping for loot, hopefully it´ll get tweaked in a way that even 40+ servers wouldn´t serve you with an assault rifle.

• Like 1

You'd be better off checking cars and police stations. Oh and toilets.

• Like 1

You'd be better off checking cars and police stations. Oh and toilets.

I feel like a cleaner with how many toilets I have checked by now. And I have found nice stuff, even Gorka things. But never something to shoot. Ammo, and even magazines, but no guns. Nowhere.

Good to see the impacts of the new system on hopping for loot, hopefully it´ll get tweaked in a way that even 40+ servers wouldn´t serve you with an assault rifle.

If the new system intends to punish exploration of more than 10 hours, well, my bad.

Edited by Iqfish
  • Like 1

There is another thing about DayZ. You have to be lucky. If you haven't found a military gun after tons of hourse playing, just keep at it. But sometimes you get lucky and find one instantly. The new central economy might not work exactly as intended right bow. But I like the fact that you cant be serten to find anything now with the new patch! Thats how DayZ is supposed to be in my opinion.

There is another thing about DayZ. You have to be lucky. If you haven't found a military gun after tons of hourse playing, just keep at it. But sometimes you get lucky and find one instantly. The new central economy might not work exactly as intended right bow. But I like the fact that you cant be serten to find anything now with the new patch! Thats how DayZ is supposed to be in my opinion.

Oh I have no problem with relying on my luck or learning something new, I just want to understand the system and realize if I am doing anything wrong by now.

Wouldn't the fact that you can't reliably find a gun mean that the central economy is working ?

eugen48kmy.png

Well...

(sorry for the double post btw, I was thinking that this forum software just adds new comments to my newest post)

Edited by Iqfish

Wow. You know how long I've played this game without an automatic gun? About six months. It either comes or not right in front of you but 99% chance server hoppers or hoarders have already taken those because it's their number one priority. Btw shotguns are the best :P

• Like 1

Found tons of 30 round mags for MP5 in every police station I've been to. Also found the actual gun itself in the 3rd station I checked. Saw a RAK and it's corresponding mag in a police station a few nights ago. Found an AK-74 sitting on top of a ruined APC at NEAF a few days ago. Also found tons of ammo, AK-74 mag and an AKM mag in and around other vehicles at NEAF. I've checked tons of civilian buildings and haven't seen many guns at all, but plentiful ammo. Besides a few locations I'd say guns are pretty rare presently. On a separate note, I haven't seen too many axes besides a hatchet. I hope they make them more common as they are pretty important for many things.

Found tons of 30 round mags for MP5 in every police station I've been to. Also found the actual gun itself in the 3rd station I checked. Saw a RAK and it's corresponding mag in a police station a few nights ago. Found an AK-74 sitting on top of a ruined APC at NEAF a few days ago. Also found tons of ammo, AK-74 mag and an AKM mag in and around other vehicles at NEAF. I've checked tons of civilian buildings and haven't seen many guns at all, but plentiful ammo. Besides a few locations I'd say guns are pretty rare presently. On a separate note, I haven't seen too many axes besides a hatchet. I hope they make them more common as they are pretty important for many things.

Playing this morning i also found like 6x 30 round mags for the MP5 in a single police station(not much else besides clothing) and everyone ive run into the last couple days has had an MP5 and AUG xD

I feel like a cleaner with how many toilets I have checked by now. And I have found nice stuff, even Gorka things. But never something to shoot. Ammo, and even magazines, but no guns. Nowhere.

Lies, you found two P1's and a repeater. I found a P1 too and alongside a bow, that's what I use.

Private servers seems harsh now, I like it. Also my favourite sidearms became 1911 with a silencer and a bow, don't wanna take my chances with zombies ruining my clothes :)

Loots really odd at the moment I checked everywhere I least expected and found a couple things and two guns. The police station is littered with pm and mp5 mags and sometimes the gun itself I found it with four spare mags. Maybe check deer stands I oddly found an m65 field jacket in there.

Edited by DaNic2553

600 hours and counting. But yea, thanks. 

My Inventory is full of food and I have everything I need to survive. Nice leather stuff and an axe. Why should I not look for a gun? Why would the game not reward continous searching and exploring, looting all the towns in the north? 

The central loot economy is made to keep little kevin from playing DayZ like his shitty Xbox FPS, and I am all on your side there. But if the devs state that long searching and exploring should be rewarded, it should be?

And by the way, you guys should be happy that some people actually take the time and do what they are supposed to do in an Alpha test, test the game and report back. I don't agree on just "letting it happen" at this stage of the game. People who are willing to test their Alpha test should be supplied with the amount of information they need (which we got with Eugens latest write-up). 

I would agree with your last statement if my critique would be not based on facts and intensive research, but I spent a lot of time on testing the new glorious hard DayZ and there is no way to logically find Endgame loot right now. It does not work. 

I hate it when people quote how many hours they've played and 'End game loot"? ffs.

Edited by Jonah_Hobbes

Nothing wrong with the p1 pistol, it'll kill people just fine and has pretty decent ironsights compared to some other pistols, it's also good enough to drop a zed if you need to shoot one.

One 1pp I'm running an AK101 and MP5k, both suppressed and on 3pp I'm running a Mosin and MP5K, I haven't had issue finding guns really, it's just I'm finding different guns than I previously would have found.

Edited by TheScruffyBandit
  • Like 1