billyangstadt

.55 loot, I'll just leave it at this.

The loot is fine. Forget any paths or routes you used to take. Forgot the spawn nodes you memorized. Start looking in places you've never looked before (around cars and structures/deer stands). I keep reading that there is "literally no loot" then he points out that all he's finding are "hats, books, shirts, etc"

Well, guess what, that's loot....not all loot has to be ammunition or even be useful to you at the moment. Someone could be in desperate need of that shirt for storage. Just because it's not useful to you at that very time, does not mean it's useless or crap loot.

I'm watching these streamers complain about no loot, but they're running to the same buildings they used to and running to the same spawn nodes...passing several houses, outhouses, and even loot around cars and trailers.

9464820.jpg

7470167.jpg

• Like 17

toilets

seriously check the toilets....

toilets are OP

• Like 11

Yet you are extremely hungry and shaking from being cold. Find any matches or flares? How about any food or seeds? Or even anything to hunt with? Cause I have not found anything like that. And don't get me started about apples and stuff. Search 30 times find nothing, then find 1 apple then 30 more times with nothing all the while being forced to do a animation and get a little bit more hungry. So yeah, the loot is broken. And about your "search every building" thing I have allways done that. I find allot of usefull supplies (found) in the "worthlesss" buildings before they broke the spawn system. They had a system that worked in the mod yet they tried to fix what was not broken. I would rether food spawn at a 0.007% chance then just not spawn. I want the game to be hard. I do not want stupid none working systems forced onto my game. There has been a lot of outrage about this update and but they are set in their ways. I would welcome this if it was not forced on us while it was still broken and still might "IF" they ever fix it.... and that's a big if.

P.S. And loot economy sucks in thought and practice.

• Like 7

It's like a sociological experiment of the DayZ player base.  The inability to adapt seems higher than I would have originally thought.

Well put. Everyone who is whining about loot would be f*cked in a real apocalypse :p

• Like 9

Yet you are extremely hungry and shaking from being cold. Find any matches or flares? How about any food or seeds? Or even anything to hunt with? Cause I have not found anything like that. And don't get me started about apples and stuff. Search 30 times find nothing, then find 1 apple then 30 more times with nothing all the while being forced to do a animation and get a little bit more hungry. So yeah, the loot is broken. And about your "search every building" thing I have allways done that. I find allot of usefull supplies (found) in the "worthlesss" buildings before they broke the spawn system. They had a system that worked in the mod yet they tried to fix what was not broken. I would rether food spawn at a 0.007% chance then just not spawn. I want the game to be hard. I do not want stupid none working systems forced onto my game. There has been a lot of outrage about this update and but they are set in their ways. I would welcome this if it was not forced on us while it was still broken and still might "IF" they ever fix it.... and that's a big if.

I actually had seeds on me. I found a long white barn with 3 seed packs, but could only carry one. I'm cold because I drank pond water and am wet. Food is meant to be scarce. I found a can of beans in the very first house I checked under a table, FYI. Again, it was on a spawn node that wasn't ever used. People get tunnel vision and get impatient searching houses. How much food do they walk by?

• Like 1

I'm not saying the loot is perfect at the moment, but you're throwing a tantrum here. 

This is what I've managed to gather in the past two days:

xXfWPPr.jpg?1

Thanks to persistence being mandatory I don't have to worry about my second backpack getting wiped!

Edited by IReadTheAgreement
  • Like 5

Well when it's impossible to find food and impossible to hunt because you can't find guns and ammo and impossible to fish because you can't find hooks then guess what; it doesn't matter if there's a bunch of shirts and teddy bears that could be useful to someone, you'll starve to death. And then you'll respawn and repeat the process and keep respawning until you find a lucky can of beans. And then you'll die because you can't find any weapons to defend yourself from players or zombies.

I'm fine with making zombies harder, but the loot mechanics of 0.55 are troubling to say the least, considering that the lack of food and ability to get food make it extremely difficult to get anywhere.

Surviving at the moment is more about dumb luck then managing your food supplies or hunting, since food rarely spawns and when it does it's in weird places.

• Like 1

I'm not saying the loot is perfect at the moment, but you're throwing tantrum here. 

This is what I've managed to gather in the past two days:

xXfWPPr.jpg?1

Thanks to persistence being mandatory I don't have to worry about my second backpack getting wiped!

Yeah, I am throwing a tantrum, I pay $110 a month for a now useless server till they un break things. And have spent well over 2 grand on the game just buying it for other people. I understand the alpha thing, but it seems most others do not. We are helping test the game and find out what does and does not work. This does not work but yet everyone cries when that is said and throws the "it's an alpha" at everything. And as I said, I search everywhere. I allways have yet everyone says the same things again. It's not searching in the wrong locations, it's the loot simply not being there. The costal cities should never be empty or they should move spawns around the entire map. I understand that this "might" be fixed next patch but it should not have been forced till fixed. IMO never forced at all.

Edited by Kilo19hunter
  • Like 2

Well when it's impossible to find food and impossible to hunt because you can't find guns and ammo and impossible to fish because you can't find hooks then guess what; it doesn't matter if there's a bunch of shirts and teddy bears that could be useful to someone, you'll starve to death. And then you'll respawn and repeat the process and keep respawning until you find a lucky can of beans. And then you'll die because you can't find any weapons to defend yourself from players or zombies.

I'm fine with making zombies harder, but the loot mechanics of 0.55 are troubling to say the least, considering that the lack of food and ability to get food make it extremely difficult to get anywhere.

Surviving at the moment is more about dumb luck then managing your food supplies or hunting, since food rarely spawns and when it does it's in weird places.

Welcome to the end of the world. You're not going to survive for a longtime everytime you respawn.

So, you're telling me that you search inside and outside of every house and building? Even non enterable ones? I've found more loot on the ground near poles, busstops, around houses than anywhere. People run into the door, look around, "wahh loot sucks" and leave.

• Like 4

Yeah, I am throwing a tantrum, I pay $110 a month for a now useless server till they un break things. And have spent well over 2 grand on the game just buying it for other people. I understand the alpha thing, but it seems most others do not. We are helping test the game and find out what does and does not work. This does not work but yet everyone cries when that is said and throws the "it's an alpha" at everything. And as I said, I search everywhere. I allways have yet everyone says the same things again. It's not searching in the wrong locations, it's the loot simply not being there. The costal cities should never be empty or they should move spawns around the entire map. I understand that this "might" be fixed next patch but it should not have been forced till fixed. IMO never forced at all.

Why should it not be forced? It's their vision. Do you think they want people to have the luxury of which features and patches to allow onto their private servers? We'd have overwatch servers again.

How is the server useless? There are still people playing the game. If you bought your server to farm loot then yes maybe it is useless but if you paid for it to provide a place for people to play the game then it far from useless.

• Like 5

How is the server useless? There are still people playing the game. If you bought your server to farm loot then yes maybe it is useless but if you paid for it to provide a place for people to play the game then it far from useless.

Yea, I don't get it either. He claims to be ok with being in the alpha stage and testing, but complains that features and updates are forced onto his server. If people had the option, most servers would revert to the patches where M4's rained like boonies. Nothing would ever get tested.

• Like 2

Lol, it's a private hive, has nothing to do about loot. I payed for a server to avoid persistance and loot economy. We had 20 people at a time on our 40 slot server.... since .55 we have had(wait for it) 1... and that 1 was me. So yeah. There is no point in paying for a empty server. But you know what they say, when you assume you make an a** out of you and me.

• Like 1

Welcome to the end of the world. You're not going to survive for a longtime everytime you respawn.

So, you're telling me that you search inside and outside of every house and building? Even non enterable ones? I've found more loot on the ground near poles, busstops, around houses than anywhere. People run into the door, look around, "wahh loot sucks" and leave.

I'm getting the feeling that you have no idea what you're talking about. So, today I went to both Green Mountain and Vybor military base on a ten player server. I found no guns, one mag and several weapon flashlights, In between, I visited several villages. I found a total of two cans of food. Now how am I supposed to survive on that, or regain health on that, when I'm constantly being battered down by the zombies I try to sneak past, and then don't hear because audio is bugged? Guess how many guns or rounds I found? 0 guns, and some .22 rounds. After checking 2 military bases and dozens of houses, I had almost nothing to show for it. And I do check bus stops, etc but all I ever find is books.

Welcome to the end of the world. Not the total destruction and removal of every almost single useful item in the world.

• Like 1

Yeah, I am throwing a tantrum, I pay $110 a month for a now useless server till they un break things. And have spent well over 2 grand on the game just buying it for other people. I understand the alpha thing, but it seems most others do not. We are helping test the game and find out what does and does not work.

Soooo, let me get this straight: you very stupidly spent a huge pile of money on a game that you were explicitly told not to purchase in the first place by the people developing it?

I can think of better ways to waste money than that, but hey, it's not my money.

• Like 5

Can't unbreak what isn't broken to begin with...  Nothing is "game breaking" until the game is actually finished. Everything is bound to change.

It's sad that you're not getting satisfaction for what you pay, your rented server, granted, but it was your choice to begin with to rent something that's part of an unfinished product who can be prone to interruptions of service at any time do to bugs and glitches. Something to always keep in mind in my opinion.

Lol, it's a private hive, has nothing to do about loot. I payed for a server to avoid persistance and loot economy. We had 20 people at a time on our 40 slot server.... since .55 we have had(wait for it) 1... and that 1 was me. So yeah. There is no point in paying for a empty server. But you know what they say, when you assume you make an a** out of you and me.

I didn't assume anything. I play on a private hive too. And one that disabled persistence until it was enforced. It was full for .54 and it's full now. So maybe it's you assuming that the patch is to blame for everything when it's not?

Also how can you say it has nothing to do with loot on one hand when on the other you say 

it's the loot simply not being there.

btw I heard that there were issues with private hives that were previously set to persistence off - contact eugen if you are getting NO loot whatsoever. Are you renting from multiplay? Best way to contact eugen would probably be via the tracker or twitter. Here's his twitter: https://twitter.com/eugenharton

It may just be your server is bugged. Good luck

Edited by freethink
  • Like 3

I'm getting the feeling that you have no idea what you're talking about. So, today I went to both Green Mountain and Vybor military base on a ten player server. I found no guns, one mag and several weapon flashlights, In between, I visited several villages. I found a total of two cans of food. Now how am I supposed to survive on that, or regain health on that, when I'm constantly being battered down by the zombies I try to sneak past, and then don't hear because audio is bugged? Guess how many guns or rounds I found? 0 guns, and some .22 rounds. After checking 2 military bases and dozens of houses, I had almost nothing to show for it. And I do check bus stops, etc but all I ever find is books.

Welcome to the end of the world. Not the total destruction and removal of every almost single useful item in the world.

Loot tables are bound to change. They have changed numerous times since I started playing back in December 2013. I can't think of how many times I checked every single "possible" item spawn points to adapt to what had changed, heck back then half of the buildings you know today didn't even spawn anything.

Welcome to the end of the world, a virtual world in perpetual change do to being created by it's "gods".  ;)

• Like 2

Loot tables are bound to change. They have changed numerous times since I started playing back in December 2013. I can't think of how many times I checked every single "possible" item spawn points to adapt to what had changed, heck back then half of the buildings you know today didn't even spawn anything.

Welcome to the end of the world, a virtual world in perpetual change do to being created by it's "gods".  ;)

Shall we sacrifice more bambis to them in order to fix persistence faster? :)

Edited by Heatofbattle

Honestly, this patch makes me want to download DayZ SA again and play for the first time in 6 months. Before this, DayZ was TOO easy imo.

• Like 2

Stacks of police uniforms,stun baton,3 MP5 mags(Loaded of course),one 1911 mag.Still starve to death on 3 characters though,i wouldn't say it ruins my experience but its getting pretty lame.Found 1 canned food and 1 soda between those 3 characters,one of which was in a deer stand.

http://i.imgur.com/6HSvz06.jpg

Honestly, this patch makes me want to download DayZ SA again and play for the first time in 6 months. Before this, DayZ was TOO easy imo.

Do it! Those of us who play regularly and aren't lazy as f*ck are actually enjoying the challenge. If you're good at being stealthy and resourceful at finding necessary items, it's not even difficult.

• Like 8

Stacks of police uniforms,stun baton,3 MP5 mags(Loaded of course),one 1911 mag.Still starve to death on 3 characters though,i wouldn't say it ruins my experience but its getting pretty lame.Found 1 canned food and 1 soda between those 3 characters,one of which was in a deer stand.

http://i.imgur.com/6HSvz06.jpg

The police car by Black Lake.

It has been overflowing with loot lately :)