Sign in to follow this  
billyangstadt

.55 sucks its too hard!

There's no ammo, guns, or food anywhere. I spawned in Berezino and can't find a gun. I looked for 20 minutes. This game is stupid. I'm going to H1Z1.

In all seriousness, I love the game right now. I love starving to death. I think games this brutal in nature should only have a small survival rate upon respawn. If you're patient, you will find food. Get off of the coast and explore.

This game is still the industry leader, no game has even come close to the depth and realism. That's what I want to play, a sim. Even if a walking or eating sim. There are too many Run N Gun zombie "survival" games out there with 0 PVE threat. 

I love the indepthness of the medical, diseases. There should be 1000 other things that would kill you other than a bullet or a zed. Keep up the great work. I've just reinstalled and I'm having a blast. I don't mind dying to starvation, how it should be.

-Billy

• Like 8

Whew, thought this was another rant topic...... seen far too many of those today.

Whew, thought this was another rant topic...... seen far too many of those today.

LOL, yea, I can almost see you cocked and loaded ready to let me have it.

I'm tired of the whining. Quit trying to ruin our damn game. If it's too hard, find another. We need at least one truly hardcore game. Everyone wants a game like "The Walking Dead", but don't think past the glitz and glam of what the show puts in the episodes. They don't add the days of walking and looting..and more walking and looting. They only show them armed after months of looting.

• Like 1

LOL, yea, I can almost see you cocked and loaded ready to let me have it.

I'm tired of the whining. Quit trying to ruin our damn game. If it's too hard, find another. We need at least one truly hardcore game. Everyone wants a game like "The Walking Dead", but don't think past the glitz and glam of what the show puts in the episodes. They don't add the days of walking and looting..and more walking and looting. They only show them armed after months of looting.

To be fair, it's their game, too. Both sides bring up valid points. I don't think it's fun if I die 90% of the time on the coast. I don't think it's fun if AKs were in every house. There's a way to balance and/or have server options. I'm sure they'll make hardcore servers more hardcore in the future instead of just 1PP. So don't discount an entire group of people just because their views are different.

• Like 3

To be fair, it's their game, too. Both sides bring up valid points. I don't think it's fun if I die 90% of the time on the coast. I don't think it's fun if AKs were in every house. There's a way to balance and/or have server options. I'm sure they'll make hardcore servers more hardcore in the future instead of just 1PP. So don't discount an entire group of people just because their views are different.

I understand that, but the threads I'm reading are different than what you're point out. We're dealing with the people who sprint to the closest large town from their spawn, then flip out when everything is already looted, and run here complaining that there is no loot. I play on very high pop servers and don't even stop to loot without running atleast 15 minutes inland, because I know people are already been there. Once I get near the small towns toward the center of the map, most doors are closed or loot was missed by the spot looter. 

Watching various streamers whom display the behavior above are what bother me. They have a large influence on what happens, and they complain when they don't have a gun and ammo within 20 minutes for entertainment. Loot isn't bad, it's just scarce. Just as you'd expect.

Edited by DanicaHamlin

I spent my first few months learning how to live off the land, gear up, find my way around, then I'd go back to the coast to help people. Was having an average 5-10 hour lifespan dying fully geared wearing gorka gear and a Stetson with a bag full of gardening shit able to feed myself and 10 survivors in twenty minutes. I'm hoping these changes mean people will give me a chance to start a farm and chat about what I remember seeing where instead of some squeaker KOSing me and then mocking my body telling me I suck at dayz.

I have three guns (two on me) multiple changes of clothes, food, tools, two camps (so far), and have slayed more zeds since Wednesday than all my 250 hours before.

I love .55

• Like 2

There is no loot inland either anymore. You a get lucky now and then and find something in the guardtowers and feedshacks. I've been to all the extreme outskirts looking for the lootbombs but there is only hats and books. Better get ready for some good fun hours eating berries.

• Like 1

There is no loot inland either anymore. You a get lucky now and then and find something in the guardtowers and feedshacks. I've been to all the extreme outskirts looking for the lootbombs but there is only hats and books. Better get ready for some good fun hours eating berries.

It must be your server, I find plenty. Look especially in places you didn't check before. Like those small military houses that you cannot enter. They have a porch at the entrance, where I found about 2 dozen cans of food, 2 AK mags and plenty of other stuff. And that was only at three of those buildings. Found a lot in garage too, just no food in civilian houses yet, which is really odd. I also didn'T find any fresh fruit, so I wonder if they are still invisible.

Seriously, stuff spawns around cars and buses and in all places. Even on deerstands - 2 out of 3 had loot. You just have to look for it or change server, until you start finding stuff. The mechanics are definitely not broken. I saw two chicken in the tall gras, I saw two deer and got reasonably close to them. Had no fertilizer and no need for food, so I left them alone. In the north I saw a pig with new animations, which looks quite cute.

My character was pretty much completely healthy, so I can take some hits from zombies and only my gear gets ruined. I can understand how frustrating it is as a new spawn, because you have only 1000 blood (I think) and are not fed well. The challenge now is, to first build up your character and to nurse him to full health while gearing up. I'd avoid the cities for that and head to the north and check out the villages on the way; there will be fewer infected, thus easier to get around. 

It's a bit annoying that zombies can wreck a pristine high capacity vest with just a few hits. I didn't even get a chance to mend it. The one thing I'm having problems finding at the moment are sewing and leather sewing kits. My character seems to keep his health a bit better for some reason, as if I am getting healthy faster than in the last patches. So if you survive an attack, you are most likely to get back to full health really quickly. If not, Saline bags seem finally useful. I have to admit, I haven't used one in at least a year ^^

This kind of new situation creates new challenges. Instead of brainlessly slashing at each other for virtually no loot, two survivors will now most likely talk and figure out ways to help each other. And if you are fully geared nothing changed. You'll still kill as usually and do your stuff. I just like how this new situation makes alliances between fresh spawns more likely and more reasonable than ever before. Add to this working persistance and take the many tents that are spawning now into consideration, and I guess we'll see completely new gameplay evolve.

Glad this wasn't a hater's thread, btw. My friends also don't like the new zombies, but they never played the mods and have not experienced how fast you can get mauled if you aren't careful. I'm sure in time they will dig it! I like the direction Dayz is taking and have seen lots of improvements through the last patches. This is much more the game I want to play than all previous iterations.  

Edited by S3V3N

I have three guns (two on me) multiple changes of clothes, food, tools, two camps (so far), and have slayed more zeds since Wednesday than all my 250 hours before.

I love .55

I never killed less zombies in dayz. As soon as I find some loot I turn on stealth mod and avoid all zombies. No point of fighting zombies if you dont have good weapon and 50-60 rounds of ammo. Plus, zombies give up chasing you after 200-300 m or if you go around few corners on over few fences.

Can I just say that I was opposed to the difficult zombies at first until I realized I had taken a back door just to avoid them instead of running out and hatcheting them all to death? And I was even more pleasantly surprised to discover that the zombie hadn't seen me through the walls or from 5000 feet away. Instantly loved this update after that.

It seems people want full military gear but they dont want EVERYONE to have them. It goes back to the elitest attitude that some players have, they want to feel special about them being the only ones with military gear. Power complex is common in younger players. Its cool though, their tears taste oh so good.

.55 doesn't suck, its AWESOME hard now. (And I found a chainsaw)

Edited by DaNic2553