Axezeroone

they killed DayZ for me and many others

This patch brings the game closer to it's intended goal than any others. The only thing it will kill is the type of players who grossly misunderstood what that intended goal is.

^this. Just... this.

The game is no harder, it's just more boring. How to survive, you ask?

1. Find an apple tree

2. Pick apples for an hour

3. Eat them until healthy

4. Log out until 0.56

Zombies mauled you one too many times? ;)

I personally like the changes, making for like a real Zombocalypse would be like. You want to go loot Elektro? Be ready to sneak or fight a ton of zombies, big city, big threat. My favorite thing is the living off the land. Use nature to keep you alive until you need some other unnatural supplies and must brave the undead infested cities. Things like this will also force people to work together rather than just kill each other without saying a word. In reality people would band together, and groups would fight each other, not one on one silent murders in the hopes of phat lewt.

My buddy and I found a nice little pond with a dock, tried fishing, then made a pumpkin farm next to it and threw the extras around for fun. It was good.

Ive had no troubles with loot. Yes the coastal cities have been picked clean as are the high traffic areas like nwaf etc, but in other towns there is loot. Found mp5, swords, vests etc.

People just have to explore more. Hopping has no use because those same spots are picked clean everywhere. Venture out into the world!

Jumping from a death to Another pvp fix will take some time now. As it should be. Straight up pvp lies in other games. Not this one. Not anymore.... And im lovin it. :)

how could you complain about a survival game being hard?

thats the whole point is to survive.

This patch brings the game closer to it's intended goal than any others. The only thing it will kill is the type of players who grossly misunderstood what that intended goal is. 

if the goal is to find 1 can of food per 10 towns looted then enjoy fighting starvation with berries. i do not require people who play on third person or even public servers to tell me what the game is supposed to be.

this patch is atrocious.

in NO possible way can you justify delaying the development speed of the game by months, if not years by replacing a somewhat working loot system with one that has had zero effort put into it. this patch is an insult to loyal fans and a major downgrade to the game.

i WANT to like the game, but this patch is making it rather difficult.

merged

This game was a lot of fun but now after the update it starting to suck. You cant ever find anything the zombies are all silent and you cant hear them coming and they are to fast you dont even have time to hit them with an axe by the time you pull it out they have hit you 4 times or more. Aslo they are much harder to kill. I woundnt mind them being fast just make it so you can hear them coming. Also it take to long to stop eating or drinking when a zombie comes up by the time you get it put away your already about dead. DONT MAKEW THEM THIS FREAKING HARD.  This update is making not want to play the game and the people I play with on here feels the same way.

Please fix this..

merged

This is my character from a few hours of survival last night. The helmet was destroyed but im keeping it till i find a replacement one.

5Gw5qN6.jpg

Point being if i can survive and accumulate this much gear im sure you or anyone else can so it wont kill the game for many players they just have to work harder for there rewards. Zombies are EASY to avoid and slay just play smarter man. Use the right weapons and the right tactics and you can overcome anything.

It most certainly won't kill the game. What kills a game is not knowing what kind of game it wants to be by trying to fit into every genre.

I will admit, sometimes I don't like the idea of playing a sometimes-slow survival game, which is why I also own other games like Fallout and COD. When I feel like just killing stuff, I play those; when I feel like surviving or playing a stealthy, unpredictable, multi-player game, I play DayZ.

You need to play Dying Light if you haven't yet. Its freaking amazing dude.

i do not require people who play on third person or even public servers to tell me what the game is supposed to be.

You have no say in what the game is supposed to be, to play or not to play, this is DayZ,this is your Story.

• Like 2