Axezeroone

they killed DayZ for me and many others

WoT inc.

yes, alpha here alpha there, WIP... i know everything you pro 0.55ers wanna tell me...

im here to complain (bad word i know) and state my opinion, if you agree or disagree, i dont even care, i just want to get my words out, many people wouldnt even spend their time/dont care how negatively the current build affects their mindset, its just depressing if they know or not, but its affecting.

i am not a kid that has the time to play this game 3-10 hours a day, i work up to 10 hours a day, you devs cant expect the many people with jobs to spend hours to loot up (due to the new "loot economy") [where i ask myself, wheres the economy when theres no loot at all?]

after the patch yesterday i tried it out, and i gave up, stated my reason on the stable discussion thread and said i wouldnt play until the next stable patch.

another day, i thought today maybe it wasnt that bad yesterday and gave it a second try just to convince myself again... running around for 1h from cherno to elektro looted 90% of all houses, not 1 can of food, absolutely nothing, on a fresh restarted server, how do you devs even come up with an idea like that? why is it you force persistence on all servers when its still broken and loot is not respawning yet?

during the week i play dayz for an hour or more on a pvp server to have some action in elektro because after a day of work it is a good cool off for me, pick up any weapon loot some food and let the action go until i get killed or till i cleared the city. - no dont suggest me to go play cod i dont and never played this shit

this new build has nothing to do with survival anymore, or as eugen said "enjoy the hardcore survival" because zombies are WAY too strong while they run through walls, ceilings, hit you from 5m away, hit you from bottom building level all the way through to top level, and once they started, you already took 10 hits trying to escape (if youre lucky you die right away) the building, and of course they ruined your stuff and eventually your rags/bandages, good luck finding new rags with this new economy, empty towns everywhere,

i am not going to spend 2 hours of looting inlands just to die within 1 sec by some bullshit bug and you devs already know all this stuff happens and you should sympathize with that, but no, this build made you go ham on the developing game, i can see how all this stuff would be good on experimental because then you can see what happens when you devs change this and that (thanks to the people playing experimental helping the devs getting their data)

i used to play alot exp the last 2 weeks and saw the changes and saw how hard it was and i thought that i liked this exp build and looking forward to stable push (good thing persistence was still off so you could still loot stuff and defend yourself [main reason i liked the exp build]) it was hard but doable.

but then the stable push happened and you guys forced persistence and the so called loot economy which makes this game completely unplayable now unless you spend 5 hours running around looting and shit, always risking to get killed by bugged zombies and boom, 5 hours wasted and you rage, well done then.

current suvival mode is like: "whos the most lucky with the zombies not killing you"

my suggestion: make persistence optional again, keep testing that and loot eco on exp servers until you know what tweaks you are looking for because lots of people are pissed off with what it is now.

if you read this, thx

Edited by Axezeroone
  • Like 2

I can only play around 1 hour a day, and max at around 5 hours a week. The 1 hour I played on .55 was the best experience I have had on SA so far.

It finally felt like DayZ was originally designed to be. It was hard, it was brutal, and I had to really try hard to survive. The game you were playing before .55 (looting quick to PvP or PvE and feel like fully looted God) wasn't what DayZ was supposed to be.

I met up with a few other players who were struggling to feed themselves. We managed to get some fish hooks and ropes. We fought off some zombies while looking for matches to cook and were doing pretty bad. Finally I started searching for apples while the other guys looked for matches. I endend up getting accidentally axed by an ally while fighting a zombie. It was awesome. We all had nothing and had to try to work together. The game was no fun before because it was too easy.

Thank you Devs for this awesome update! I totally disagree with this fellow.

Edited by WolfgangErikson
  • Like 6

This game was a lot of fun but now after the update it starting to suck. You cant ever find anything the zombies are all silent and you cant hear them coming and they are to fast you dont even have time to hit them with an axe by the time you pull it out they have hit you 4 times or more. Aslo they are much harder to kill. I woundnt mind them being fast just make it so you can hear them coming. Also it take to long to stop eating or drinking when a zombie comes up by the time you get it put away your already about dead. DONT MAKEW THEM THIS FREAKING HARD.  This update is making not want to play the game and the people I play with on here feels the same way.

Please fix this..

Obviously as you said, you are playing stable branch. Switch over to Exp for a bit, because it isn't nearly as broken as what you are describing sounds (I haven't played stable in ages).

Zombies are a hassle, and loot spawns are broken (Mainly due to the fact "rarity items haven't been tagged" or however it was put, so they spawn illogically, but you can manage to survive. Weapons are there, not the greatest, but there, food can be found (Yet it's no where near as flooded, which makes the game hard, but it's possible.). Overall Exp sounds like a much better experience as of now.

Now on another note, the devs mentioned that persistence is no longer an option, and food respawn is not on, however it will be activated with the next stable branch push. You musn't forget that you are a tester as of now, not a player, and you signed up for an impartial, broken, instable, fraction of a game, you did NOT buy a game. Stable branch is still very much part of testing, it's just designed to not have any new functions/features/items/etc. introduced to it without those being plausible.

Edit: Forgot to mention one final thing, the game is not going to be an easy game when it's a finished product, the intent is to be a hardcore survival, but hopefully you knew that xD

Edited by Stryker7x

You cant even find anything? What you want to find? Canned food on every corner? 

Sorry bro but they are balancing loot economy and it will become harder to survive, it's survival game after all. 

I know you did get used to hear zombies sounds like some kind of sick screaming bird and to kill it with 1 hit and to have full backpack of canned food but the game is going through changes and you need to accept it or just stop playing the game. 

Edited by Otis.Driftwood
  • Like 2

All I can say is, good luck attracting new players. If it is almost completely impossible for vets to spawn a freshy and make it off the coast with enough food/water/first aid to make it to anywhere good inland [only to find it's as empty as the coast towns] without being merced by these new kenyan sith lord zombies, imagine how bambie feels? 

Edited by Booticus
  • Like 2

I am a big supporter of the new zombies. And I like the build so far. But I agree with you. I must be the luckiest person in stable, because I haven't had too much of an issue. Every once in a while, I'll go through a town with nothing, and I see what you're going through. But I always find something in the next town. Of course, I am playing mid to low pop servers. Try lower pop servers. You'll find something there.

Edited by WilliamTheConqueror
  • Like 1

I, for one, welcome our new zombie overlords. 

• Like 5

If you people could stop making topics about 'omg this patch sucks' and 'this patch ruined the game' i would be so happy.

Edited by DURRHUNTER
  • Like 4

If you people could stop making topics about 'omg this patch sucks' and 'this patch ruined the game' i would be so happy.

For realsies, the spam of "omg zombz too hard pl0x fix" is getting really old...... Go back to the comfort of your mommy's arms, ffs.

• Like 3

I can only play around 1 hour a day, and max at around 5 hours a week. The 1 hour I played on .55 was the best experience I have had on SA so far.

It finally felt like DayZ was originally designed to be. It was hard, it was brutal, and I had to really try hard to survive. The game you were playing before .55 (looting quick to PvP or PvE and feel like fully looted God) wasn't what DayZ was supposed to be.

I met up with a few other players who were struggling to feed themselves. We managed to get some fish hooks and ropes. We fought off some zombies while looking for matches to cook and were doing pretty bad. Finally I started searching for apples while the other guys looked for matches. I endend up getting accidentally axed by an ally while fighting a zombie. It was awesome. We all had nothing and had to try to work together. The game was no fun before because it was too easy.

Thank you Devs for this awesome update! I totally disagree with this fellow.

Yeah but I wonder if this level of immersion will kill the game apart from the hardcore? I don't think "Wow when I get home from work I can't wait to plant some seeds" I think "wow when I get home from work I want to kill Z's and fight other players".

I love how difficult it is but I  play it becase I want to fight zombies.

I, for one, welcome our new zombie overlords.

They are deffinatley better. There are some things to iron out, but the stealth makes up for everything. Zombies should be albe to kill you easily. People complain they need a fix before a buff. Why don't people realize that this IS the fix.

• Like 2

I died 5 times in 3 hours.

Best DayZ experience since a long time.

This is the best Update ever.

OP, I hate to have to tell it to you, but: You are what is considered a "Casual gamer" . The short-time-much-action type of gamer who is the reason for the horrible trend in game development of making games "more accessible".

DayZ (mod) just became so popular because it said a loud & clear & big "F*** YOU!" to this exact trends.

DayZ is meant to kill you CONSTANTLY.

It is meant to be HARDCORE HARD to stay alive.

It is NOT run around, grab some food, some guns, and go ramblin in the town.

Sorry OP, but this game is not the right thing for you.

Edited by Styrias
  • Like 3

Im working too and dont have too much time to play, but this update is best so far! For thous who dont like just take time out! But personaly i hope that next updates will not change anything back! Devs-you are on right way! Dont make game easy just for people who struggles!

Yeah but I wonder if this level of immersion will kill the game apart from the hardcore? I don't think "Wow when I get home from work I can't wait to plant some seeds" I think "wow when I get home from work I want to kill Z's and fight other players".

I love how difficult it is but I play it becase I want to fight zombies.

You can fight the zombies. From what I've seen, you can still go toe to toe with a zombie. Might get a bit scratched up though if theres more than one, but watch any zombie movie. When has any survivor been able to take more than one on single-handed. Running around them still works, just gotta be quicker. Edited by WilliamTheConqueror

They are deffinatley better. There are some things to iron out, but the stealth makes up for everything. Zombies should be albe to kill you easily. People complain they need a fix before a buff. Why don't people realize that this IS the fix.

yeah but they are infected humans. If you hit someone with a big axe even if they are on pcp, etc, you'll incapacitate them with 3 hits surely?

• Like 1

yeah but they are infected humans. If you hit someone with a big axe even if they are on pcp, etc, you'll incapacitate them with 3 hits surely?

Also realize that the virus is so instilled in their brain that they don't comprehend pain or fatigue. They just keep going.

The game is no harder, it's just more boring. How to survive, you ask?

1. Find an apple tree

2. Pick apples for an hour

3. Eat them until healthy

4. Log out until 0.56

• Like 1

I love how difficult it is but I  play it becase I want to fight zombies.

It most certainly won't kill the game. What kills a game is not knowing what kind of game it wants to be by trying to fit into every genre.

I will admit, sometimes I don't like the idea of playing a sometimes-slow survival game, which is why I also own other games like Fallout and COD. When I feel like just killing stuff, I play those; when I feel like surviving or playing a stealthy, unpredictable, multi-player game, I play DayZ.

• Like 2

Imagine the tears when the game is complete. Such fun to be had!

• Like 1

in NO possible way can you justify delaying the development speed of the game by months, if not years by replacing a somewhat working loot system with one that has had zero effort put into it. this patch is an insult to loyal fans and a major downgrade to the game.

i WANT to like the game, but this patch is making it rather difficult.

Edited by Bsur

in NO possible way can you justify delaying the development speed of the game by months, if not years by replacing a somewhat working loot system with one that has had zero effort put into it. this patch is an insult to loyal fans and a major downgrade to the game.

This patch brings the game closer to it's intended goal than any others. The only thing it will kill is the type of players who grossly misunderstood what that intended goal is. 

• Like 5

Just read the warning s on the steam page, and the opening screen of the game, and Deans tweets about the game when released. There are issues, but they will be fixed eventually.

Edited by WilliamTheConqueror
  • Like 1

This is the BEST update yet!

Thanks for removing that dot!! The new reticle is bomb.com!!!