Kiwizi

New Zombies (how to deal with)?

Well, I'm yet to test the new update, I'm planning on doing so when I get home in 4-5 hours from work.

No trolling this post, but can someone generally give me a heads up of the best and most effective way to combat/evade zombies and the most efficient way to manoeuvre around them?

Also are they any other things I should be warned about? All the noobs on the forums are whining about it and I don't want to be left in the dust with the suffering nomadic bambis.

So what's the gossip?

Cheers Team.

Just crouch to avoid. If you go head on, make sure you're healthy. They attack really fast now and get real close quickly. They do stumble sometimes after you hit them giving a little breathing room, but axes and hoes still seem to work best.

If you decide to run away, they actually give up after a while

I've also tried guns in some of the smaller northern cities, and no more than 2 have been alerted by the noise of the blast. So not quite the horde rush yet. At least from what I've seen. Could be very different in cherno

• Like 1

First time my friends and I encountered those, we had to kill them with M4s but then it got worse - a bunch of them came. They are like Tyson and Usain bolt in one, they need to fix them. Fire axe kills them after 5 hits i think, i think it is the best way. A better way is silenced fnx. 

Stay out of line of sight. I've seen videos of people walking right behind them with no agro. Do as one did in the mod. Avoid roads, always crouch, and be fast when looting.

• Like 1

Cheers, what's up with the loot aswell? Apparently my buddies are finding nothing?

• Like 1

Cheers, what's up with the loot aswell? Apparently my buddies are finding nothing?

Agree, something is quite wrong with the loot. Cities are almost empty, except a crapload of wool coats.

• Like 1

My buddies were saying all they found was sweaters and wool coats in sheds. NWAF was empty. They all lost M4's black skull and Smersh. One had an AUG. all because eventually they ran out of ammo combating all those freaking Uber Zombies. By the sounds of things PvP is going to shit because Zombies are an Even bigger threat!

There's much more of them. They don't have radar any more. They are much tougher to kill. 2 body shots from an sks. 1 close shot from a sawn off. 1 shot from a mosin (untested.) They react to hits/shots and theirs friends will also react to gun shots.

Damn well the frustrating part is if your on a high populated server then gunshots give away your position to great extent. And make everyone aware of your position. Because by the sounds of it you can kiss Melee goodbye because from what I hear that winds you up killed 90%of the time.

They're great, definitely more of a threat. But, they're still just an annoyance with a lot of the underlying issues still unaddressed.

Said it before, but they need to actually iron out the kinks of things like melee, character movement, rampant desync, and a lack of stealth options, before they start piling on more zombies.

The same thing happened with the mod. Zombies were sparse (I recall they only spawned in buildings for a long while in the early days of the mod). Then the second they started adding more, it was a shitshow because there was very little mechanical infrastructure for avoiding them / engaging them. Then they started beefing up the stealth mechanic and toned down the animations, and everything balanced out.

• Like 4

They don't make noise anymore, not even footsteps (I can't hear any, anyways.) That's what's off putting about them, combined with their bugged punches (yeah, I'm standing on the other side of the field, you shouldn't even be seeing me much less ruining all my clothes.)

If you are getting glitch hit the best thing to do is to get right up close to them. Ok you might get hit some more but at least you've got a chance of hitting them. The old circling tactic doesn't work.

tbh I've been running or shooting zombies since the patch.

• Like 1

Can you now close the door and give you a headway to get out the outside? And they ghost thru wall?

I've been trapping zombies inside buildings, I find that's the best way to deal with them now

• Like 2

What's the most effective way to trap em in buildings?

What's the most effective way to trap em in buildings?

As always lead them inside then close the door as you leave.

I don't care about zombies being OP or not... but the "invisible" zombies that keep kicking my butt are a problem. It's not fun to be getting pummeled and not be able to fight back because there are no zombies that you can see anywhere around you.

Really? Damn they never seem to fix that with the patch updates.

4 of them invisible zombies today and no loot after the day went by. All doors opened, nothing on server respawn. What has happened? Not to mention the zombies. I do have a operational military tent now though. Zombies has gotten easy to avoid, but they are tougher and just shot them now. No more axe, those rags and bandages has become very valuable.

side stepping around them no longer works. They are too fast and go full jackie chan with swinging arms. Fire axe usually takes between 5-8 hits, chainsaw is 3 swipes. it has gone back to an earlier .40's build where guns are your best option to kill them quickly. Even better if you have silenced weapons. That said its much preferred if you avoid them completely by being stealthy. Oh and they are much quieter now, you dont always hear their attack scream, the first you know about them is when they are jumping on your back.

• Like 1

By the sounds of things PvP is going to shit because Zombies are an Even bigger threat!

Its how it should be, this isn't COD as much as some people want it to be. The devs and the community always said that eventually the zombies would become a real threat and we were to expect that. That day has come, so time to change tactics and accept the route its taking.

Edited by archamedes
  • Like 1

By the sounds of things PvP is going to shit because Zombies are an Even bigger threat!

buahahahahah....i dont even...why are you even here ?

Stealth works, I crept and looted both Tulga & Mysta without incidence until....

I found a tent in Mysta so decided to leg it which aggroed a Z, I was able to out run it with tent in arms and it eventually gave up the chase.

I have pitched my tent, will it be there when I log in ? TBC !

• Like 2

tents vanish up to 5 minutes after you pitch them. Trucks reset back to their original persistance point after a reset (The same place where you found it for the weekly cycle)