boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.55 Discussion

after the new patch  I have a note from battle-eye:

Blocked loading of file:  C/program files/bonjour/mdnsNSP.dll 

My game still works but I have no idea wtf is this?

I have some dll's that are being blocked but are not stopping the game from loading, they have been sent to BE.

I suggest you and anybody else that has these  errors do the same and send a mail to BE.

http://www.battleye.com/contact/

NOTE : do not close the BE cmd window, it will prevent the game from loading (in my case).

• Like 1

No more pers off servers

You sure persistence is forced on all servers?

After a server restart on a private hive I play, persistence disabled, all the loot inside the house I was in changed. 

Also, I found a server where the "new" loot tables were not enabled. Again, another private hive.

Usually this perticular tank, along with others of the same type around the map, now spawns OREL uniforms, prison uniforms, police uniforms, handcuffs with keys, PM73 raks and MP5s along with their proper magazines and ammo, but on this server they spawn what they used too. Military uniforms like Gorka and TTsKO, 7.62x39, SKS, melees, helmets, etc.

It seems not all servers have the new loot tables, and persistence doesn't seem to be forced on 100% of the servers right now.

5frhbp.jpg

You sure persistence is forced on all servers?

After a server restart on a private hive I play, persistence disabled, all the loot inside the house I was in changed. 

Also, I found a server where the "new" loot tables were not enabled. Again, another private hive.

Usually this perticular tank, along with others of the same type around the map, now spawns OREL uniforms, prison uniforms, police uniforms, handcuffs with keys, PM73 raks and MP5s along with their proper magazines and ammo, but on this server they spawn what they used too. Military uniforms like Gorka and TTsKO, 7.62x39, SKS, melees, helmets, etc.

It seems not all servers have the new loot tables, and persistence doesn't seem to be forced on 100% of the servers right now.

5frhbp.jpg

The official quote is it is forced for all now... But this is dayz and has loads of bugs. I don't play on private hive.. Not upper crust enough ;)

I like the updated zombie features, I just wished they didn't desync all over the screen when you're trying to fight them. I've never been a fan of the persistence but if its fixed then I guess it can't be that bad. Only time will tell. 

My only real beef with this game right now is a big one. Currently, you still can't get a suppressor for the M4 and AUG other then the improvised deal which is useless. The NATO one does not spawn in game. The hardest to find weapons in the game get ziltch....Yet you can get suppressors for pistols, mp5s and AK's out the wazoo. Seems right since those guns are everywhere and everyone can find it by just swiming to the prison. Not to mention, the AK101, which uses the SAME ammo as the M4 and AUG, can use the Suppressor East but you can't put it on those guns. Makes literally no sense b/c its the same caliber of bullets..... It's ridiculous that this hasn't been put back into the game yet. It's really a simple change and I don't understand why the people with rarer loot, get shafted on this. You're rewarding the server hoppers.

Surely I'm not the only one that thinks this is ridiculous. I know its alpha, but come on. Reward the players who hunt for their loot, not the ones who live on the coast killing fresh spawns. You can literally go to the prison, loot once and find a fully kitted AK with 5 mags and 4 suppressors. I've done it. Searching for Heli's is actually hard, yet those players get ignored. I don't understand it. 

Well so far the only issues I have with the new patch are, lost my drum mag and 30rnd mags for AKM again, apparently there are new ones to replace these for some reason?  Also on a server and had some tents setup in a camp and once server restarted they all went POOF along with the loot.  Zombies take hits like a boss now, took 8 shots from AKS to take 1 down.  So far I like the zombies but I have not had enough time to play yet so we will see.

took 8 shots from AKS

dont aim for their foot. they go down in one headshot, 2-3 chestshots.

Surely I'm not the only one that thinks this is ridiculous. I know its alpha, but come on. Reward the players who hunt for their loot, not the ones who live on the coast killing fresh spawns. You can literally go to the prison, loot once and find a fully kitted AK with 5 mags and 4 suppressors.

Hi, this is 0.55, good luck finding 5 mags on the prison island. and you cant use the same ol same pattern of houses to loot. Basicly you get rewarded allot more if you actualy search for loot so wth dude.

Edited by halp

Aight, wanted to try out the new patch on a private Server, as to not waste my geared character, see how the new Infected are, how loot is and generally getting an idea about how stuff works now.

Here`s how it went:

Spawn at Factory, find V3S right next to me right on the street, no gas, meh.

Run through every building in Factory and on the road to Berezino.

Reach Berezino "I`m starving", apple trees to the rescue!

After about 8 apples "My stomach feels completely full" coupled with "I`m starving".

Eat more apples as soon as "Stuffed" is gone.

After 37 apples, "Hungry" is still in that brownish hue, fully hydrated though.

Got a Backpack after about 1h40m of looting every lootspot I could find.

HOLY CRAP, 3 cans of food, a Pipsi and Rice, awesomeness!

Finally I can manage to become fully energized and hydrated, awww yis.

Insert Bitchslap Mac MuscleArm. Fistycuffs!

He hits me 3 times, then goes down, utterly defeated, "Bleeding".

Aight, I got this, open inventory, orange raincoat containing 6 rags is now ruined.

Welp, still got my facemask, oh look, also ruined.

Spent the next 17 minutes scouring every single house in the north-eastern part of Berezino.

Apparently dresses are made of nylon or something, since you can`t tear them into rags.

Not a single item was found that could stop the bleeing.

2 hours well spent, barely managed to get energized and hydrated, no weapons whatsoever, this includes melee weapons and shit equipment overall.

So, yeah it got way harder, I like the infected, they can be evaded, they can be somewhat of a threat, no overkill though.

But loot-wise, this actually just feels wrong, out of about 50 buildings that I looted on one specific server, 28 did not have a single item in them.

The rest had stuff that basically has no use, or are simply crap, like 1 house containing 3 hard hats in 2 different colours and a syringe.

Gonna try again later on, but from my first impression, if you spawn on the coast, on a server where there`s actually people playing, you will probably die.

And since it comes down to luck mostly, this change is not an improvement imo.

Regards,

Slpy

• Like 2

dont aim for their foot. they go down in one headshot, 2-3 chestshots.

Hi, this is 0.55, good luck finding 5 mags on the prison island.

A friend of mine looted a police station*, and found an mp5, silencer and 5 mags. Its still possible. Its just more random. Thats not the point I'm making. The NATO deal was removed from the teddy bears at XMAS as were the rest of them, and neglected to be put back in when they did the others. It's been acknowledged several times thats its not back in game and theres been 2-4 patches since? That was 4 months ago. Its a simple notepad file change, it takes 2 mins or less. It's not hard.

Edited by d3sigN8t3dDruNk

I like .55. I enjoy sneaking around in the bushes and honing my headshot ability with a suppressed M1911 on Zeds. One headshot kills them outright. Since we all have to slow down a bit now, I'm not winded as much and can actually aim. 

The loot is a little weird though. Not bad, but definitely weird. I found two tents already after never having seen one in game before. I'm hoping they stick with loot being a bit more random. It would definitely cut down on the issues that server hoppers present.

Edited by ColdAtrophy

Okay.. that explains alot. UAZ means what exactly? Any truck/car wreck or do you mean the air control tower on airfields?

Where do you find persistence disabled servers? It moved to core features and we can't uninstall it anymore, as we did before.

UAZ is the name of the wrecked military type "jeep". Found all across the map.

Not my screenshot.

uaz-crashed.jpg

As for persistence disabled servers, it was one of the ones I usually play on, and it was in my favorites. You can search for them in the server browser, but most servers now have "forced" persistence. (It will become an integral part of DayZ, a game mechanic so we won't talk about persistence eventually.It will just be DayZ.  ;) )

Reward the players who hunt for their loot, not the ones who live on the coast killing fresh spawns.

I don't think the devs are focused on rewarding anyone atm. The items that currently are or are not in the game may not have anything to do with where they want the game to be, or what they want your experience to be like. It is only a reflection of how far along they are in development.

I feel like 90% of the people who post on this forum are literally incapable of understanding that they paid to be alpha testers. 

• Like 1

Aight, wanted to try out the new patch on a private Server, as to not waste my geared character, see how the new Infected are, how loot is and generally getting an idea about how stuff works now.

Here`s how it went:

Spawn at Factory, find V3S right next to me right on the street, no gas, meh.

Run through every building in Factory and on the road to Berezino.

Reach Berezino "I`m starving", apple trees to the rescue!

After about 8 apples "My stomach feels completely full" coupled with "I`m starving".

Eat more apples as soon as "Stuffed" is gone.

After 37 apples, "Hungry" is still in that brownish hue, fully hydrated though.

Got a Backpack after about 1h40m of looting every lootspot I could find.

HOLY CRAP, 3 cans of food, a Pipsi and Rice, awesomeness!

Finally I can manage to become fully energized and hydrated, awww yis.

He hits me 3 times, then goes down, utterly defeated, "Bleeding".

Aight, I got this, open inventory, orange raincoat containing 6 rags is now ruined.

Welp, still got my facemask, oh look, also ruined.

Spent the next 17 minutes scouring every single house in the north-eastern part of Berezino.

Apparently dresses are made of nylon or something, since you can`t tear them into rags.

Not a single item was found that could stop the bleeing.

2 hours well spent, barely managed to get energized and hydrated, no weapons whatsoever, this includes melee weapons and shit equipment overall.

So, yeah it got way harder, I like the infected, they can be evaded, they can be somewhat of a threat, no overkill though.

But loot-wise, this actually just feels wrong, out of about 50 buildings that I looted on one specific server, 28 did not have a single item in them.

The rest had stuff that basically has no use, or are simply crap, like 1 house containing 3 hard hats in 2 different colours and a syringe.

Gonna try again later on, but from my first impression, if you spawn on the coast, on a server where there`s actually people playing, you will probably die.

And since it comes down to luck mostly, this change is not an improvement imo.

Regards,

Slpy

Get out of breezino... Time to play the real game no more welfare gear pvp death match

I feel like 90% of the people who post on this forum are literally incapable of understanding that they paid to be alpha testers. 

You are probably right about this, but I'm not one of them. I have 400 hours in this game. I'm not on here bitching and moaning constantly about every little thing. I do think it is STUPID they cant take 2 seconds to type out something in a text file for the next patch/experimental. Its that simple, really. Thats why I have issue with it. They time they take to tweet that its not in game, they could have put it in.

I have 2 accounts, one I won't play on cause of hackers killing me and i have a fully kitted, ghillie guy with an M4 kitted, smersh vest and ammo box completely full of M4 rounds. All looted legit, by searching heli's and farming on my own. I'd like to die legit, not to some guy hiding in a wall. I will play this guy when they announce a character wipe, or put in my suppressor. Not til then. They already removed my drum mag on my other guy :P

Edited by d3sigN8t3dDruNk

I don't know why that got me. but it did. :D

good thinking by the way, keeping your main man out of the way.

wish I'd thought of that. ._.

hehe, fistycuffs. :D

You are probably right about this, but I'm not one of them. I have 400 hours in this game. I'm not on here bitching and moaning constantly about every little thing. I do think it is STUPID they cant take 2 seconds to type out something in a text file for the next patch/experimental. Its that simple, really. Thats why I have issue with it. They time they take to tweet that its not in game, they could have put it in.

I have 2 accounts, one I won't play on cause of hackers killing me and i have a fully kitted, ghillie guy with an M4 kitted, smersh vest and ammo box completely full of M4 rounds. All looted legit, by searching heli's and farming on my own. I'd like to die legit, not to some guy hiding in a wall. I will play this guy when they announce a character wipe, or put in my suppressor. Not til then. They already removed my drum mag on my other guy :P

I guess I see your point, but I can't pretend like I understand this engine or the reasons why the devs may or may not add or remove something from the game. I'm sure it's deliberate, but they don't really share that much with us with regard to why they do things from what I can tell so I'm left to assume they have a good reason. 

Okay, so I decided to play a bit after all. So far the loot distribution is a bit strange. I found a Press Vest in a Lada, an SPOSN Tortilla Backpack and a TTsKo jacket in a green civilian house. Then I started looking for food and with no surprise 90% of the houses were empty. At first I thought "Man, someone or some group must have ran through here and loot everything including the dust off the walls.". But nah, just as I wanted to go pitch my tent and entered one more house and it was full of food! I found 5 cans of food, 4 cans of soda and two packs of seeds with 3 seeds each inside them(tomatoes and pumpkin). I wasn't lacking any food, I just wanted to see how bad it was seeing so many people complain.

So I went to pitch my tent in the woods somewhere and by the way before I actually pitched the tent I dropped it on the ground and picked it back up in my hands so it doesn't evaporate. Pitched my tent, I put my Ghillie Suit inside and I went to pick up that food I found. On my way back up I had also found a Farming Hoe and some Gardening Lime which was awesome because I never tried to grow my own food before!

2015_04_02_00001.jpg

So I dug 2 plots one for the tomatoes and one for the pumpkins, I added some Gardening Lime, water and then I shove the seeds in. Meanwhile I want back into the village to pick up that SPOSN Tortilla Backpack so I can put my other stuff that couldn't fit in the tent anymore. When I returned the plants were all grown up and it was harvesting time! Out of 3 tomato plants 2 of them were infected and out of 3 pumpkin plants only 1 was infected. So that gave me about 8 tomatoes and 4 pumpkins + some natural fertilizer!

2015_04_02_00003.jpg

So yeah so far I am doing pretty alright for myself! I've only encountered 1 zombie in the village I was looting but he didn't seem to care much about me poking around the houses and stuff.

By the way: is it okay if I eat the pumpkin raw? Or do I have to cook it somehow?

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the new crosshair is ugly :)

Edited by raynor009
  • Like 3

By the way: is it okay if I eat the pumpkin raw? Or do I have to cook it somehow?

You can just eat it. At least, that's what I did when a friend and I grew a bunch of them on .54. Still no patch notes so I don't know if it changed into .55.

I don't know, but it's no big deal if they are not, you can easily remake them with a Gardening Hoe.

Are garden plots fully persistent?

no idea. I still long for these update notes...

I just hope they will be persistent but disappear after a while if not 'maintained'

Are garden plots fully persistent?

no idea. I still long for these update notes...

Not yet. But they will be.

raynor009 - I like that you jumped into this patch regardless of fears. :)

And, I do like your pics, and story, but please put pics inside a spoiler in this thread.

Thanks.

:thumbsup:

I found a tan M65 jacket in a green house as well and all the small structures that were mostly empty have loot now, which is nice.

I have a P-1 and a fair amount of 9mm but no mag. :(

I kind of enjoy the randomness of the loot location.

I know the mod had very small %'s of possible military loot in many different types of locations.

I personally have had no luck finding ammo for the mosin I have.

I kind of would prefer an MP133 for these zedholes but I'm just happy to have a Magnum and plenty of rounds for that.

Considering the current stamina system is still the placeholder, I now find myself carrying 2 PET bottles and 1 canteen, so I can jog without worry.

I am down to just 2 purification tabs so, maybe I should scale back the jogging a little.

I'm mixing stealth with shooting to try to clear towns with decent success.

I'm finding I like the crosshair for firing from the hip. I'm having a better time nailing headshots this way in a lot of close or fast paced situations. You can just put the head in the cut in the crosshair and pull trigger.

Admittedly it was nice starting with a mostly geared character but what I had has not lasted and I've only been able to keep supplies up by taking risks.

I burned through the last of the sewing kit I had, would certainly like another.

Leather repair kits, I'm seeing more of.

Certainly MY favorite patch to date as it's a new day for the SURVIVORS, and the zombie killers!

^_^

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 1

No matter how long a server's been up, I've almost always managed to find a raincoat at wooden boats at the shore. Sure they might be bright yellow, but they work!  :D

the spawns are all changed and you will not find rain gear and hats and boots at the shore anymore it seems

• Like 1

I'm really upset with this update. It was clear from dev videos that something was totally wrong with zombies, especially their speed, and this update confirms my fears. Zombies are still unable to threaten your life, but they keep damaging your stuff. I got attacked by a stupid zombie in a village, a lot of freeze started and when it stopped after 15 seconds my HELMET was badly damaged, my jacket was RUINED and the stuff inside damaged, and my pants BADLY DAMAGED. Melee weapons are almost USELESS now and you can't turn around those idiots as you could in the past. Why did they pushed this horrendous update on stable? Why didn't they disabled zombie damage on stuff? This is ridiculous. I'm reinstalling H1Z1.

Edited by Karakoz

I'm only saddened at my backpack blinking out of existence before my eyes. Good thing this game is still in DEVELOPMENT. 

"I understand"

Edited by MotleyKoop