Sign in to follow this  
BroskyBro

new pistol

Don't know if anyone has recommended it, nothing showed up in "similar topics." I just had the thought of the tokarev pistol being in dayz, it makes sense to me, I mean, why not?

EDIT: IT'S NOT RUSSIA PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR SAYING IT IS :)

Edited by BroskyBro
  • Like 1

It's technically noooot Russia, it's a fictional country that has roots similar to Russia, but I get what you're saying, and I'd suggest loading up a picture and whatnot for us lazy bums who wanna see the gun, but without the "work". But hey, I'm all for new weapons that fit.

IT ISNT RUSSIA.

It is a former Soviet State, but that doesn't make it Russia. It shares a border with Russia, but that doesn't make it Russia. There is (or, more accurately, was) a Russian ethnic minority in the northern parts of the country, but that doesn't make it Russia. The rebel group, CHEDAKI, in ARMA II want to return to Soviet-style Communism (AFAIK), but that doesn't make it Russia.

TL;DR Chernarus is NOT RUSSIA. It has its own ethic group, own language (that uses Cyrillic), own government, etc etc etc etc etc

• Like 3

Don't know if anyone has recommended it, nothing showed up in "similar topics." I just had the thought of the tokarev pistol being in dayz, it makes sense to me, I mean, it's Russia, why not?

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/172276-the-communitys-list-of-suggested-weapons-for-dayz-standalone-version-128/page-100

weapon suggestions go there, it has been suggested on the thread multiple times but the bullet it uses will be a problem.

• Like 1

IT ISNT RUSSIA.

It is a former Soviet State, but that doesn't make it Russia. It shares a border with Russia, but that doesn't make it Russia. There is (or, more accurately, was) a Russian ethnic minority in the northern parts of the country, but that doesn't make it Russia. The rebel group, CHEDAKI, in ARMA II want to return to Soviet-style Communism (AFAIK), but that doesn't make it Russia.

TL;DR Chernarus is NOT RUSSIA. It has its own ethic group, own language (that uses Cyrillic), own government, etc etc etc etc etc

They really need an opening that describes what Chernarus is and how it was it's own country with civil war, NATO and Russian intervention before the outbreak. So many times to I read from people that deduct "well Chernarus kind of sounds like Russia, so it must be Russia".

Probably won't happen now that the devs are adding the 9.39mm for the VSS, even though 7.62x25 Tokarev. would be a much more logical caliber to add.

10869839_741619805956968_323424038897976

K, sorry for offending you by saying Russia, I barely know anything about dayz, I just hear people that have played longer than I have say it's Russia. Here is a picture of the gun. No, I was not trying to be lazy, thought everyone would know what the gun looks like lol. http://www.deactivated-guns.co.uk/images/uploads/tokarev/tokarev_1945_10.jpgYou guys get mad really quick, "IT'S NOT RUSSIA" lol

Got mine sitting behind me :D

Shvs0qe.jpg

Niiiiiice, hoping to get one myself here soon! :)

Probably won't happen now that the devs are adding the 9.39mm for the VSS, even though 7.62x25 Tokarev. would be a much more logical caliber to add.

We can now potentially see the VAL and Groza. I'm thinking the ammo might be rare event loot. Life is good.

What logic is that ?

if anything the addition of 9x39 gives 7.62x25 more hope to exist.

It shows to me the devs are not scared of adding calibers to the game .

What logic is that ?

if anything the addition of 9x39 gives 7.62x25 more hope to exist.

It shows to me the devs are not scared of adding calibers to the game .

I don't think they were scared to begin with, I think the large problem that persists is that their tweaking the values of calibers, hence why 12 Gauge Slugs were removed from the loot tables and the Mosin used 7,62x51mm because it was largely a place holder. Thank god that at least in 0.55, the Mosin now takes it's proper 7,62x54mmR ammunition while the Blaze and Longhorn now use .308 Winchester ammunition.

Moreover what would the 7,62x25mm be in terms of it's spawn location? I doubt it would be considered military as these rounds were considered obsolete by the time the Makarov appeared, Residential and Police perhaps? A number of surplus models are always available. Hell Militia groups are still using the PPSh-41.

Also I'm totally thinking the VSS and any other 9x39mm rifle will strictly be an Eastern Crash Site Spawn instead of general military, don't want a bunch of guys running around with potentially integrally suppressed select fire sniper rifles

Niiiiiice, hoping to get one myself here soon! :)

Depending on area, they go from between $200 to $300, mine was a brand new Zastava, the Milsurps tend to be a little cheaper, I recommend the Polish ones

Depending on area, they go from between $200 to $300, mine was a brand new Zastava, the Milsurps tend to be a little cheaper, I recommend the Polish ones

I'm going to have to look into those